Options

Iran Deal, the reset.....

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    And it’s begun. Team Trump Treason has American blood on his hands. Own it.

https://apple.news/Atfh28uaYQoab7iR3ZYAsvw

hey trump, get your fat ass on twitter and talk about kenya now!!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    yep. iran deal is dead. so do weclose this thread now?

tom cotton is somewhere smiling.
    fortunately, edits are possible. title updated for current events...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,695
    mickeyrat said:

Seems accurate
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    I saw Iran put an 80 million bounty on Trump's head

how do you suppose that works?

Is it like NPR where I can make a donation to help match?

Is there a fund I can contribute to?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

just wait. dumbass eric trump will turn his dad in, collect the 80 million, and then use that to create a successful business all without daddy's help.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

i like it :clap:

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,118
    If Iran really put a bounty on trump....and people think that is ok... I can’t believe it.

if there is a true bounty in the US president by a foreign country, congress must declare war immediately. And a response would be well warranted. Doesn’t matter the history of how we got there. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Pompeo tried do downplay trump's comments about targeting cultural sites.

just saw this reported on twitter-

Trump to reporters on AF1 contradicts Pompeo on Iran:

“They’re allowed to kill our people? They’re allowed to torture and maim our people, they’re allowed to use roadside bombs and blow up our people? And we’re not allowed to touch their cultural sites? It doesn’t work that way”

• Options

“They’re allowed to kill our people? They’re allowed to torture and maim our people, they’re allowed to use roadside bombs and blow up our people? And we’re not allowed to touch their cultural sites? It doesn’t work that way”
    It’s so bizarre and stupid. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    CM189191 said:

As much as you dislike trump this is definitely crossing the line.  As an American You can’t wish a foreign country to harm our president. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

it is infuriating. 

i can't get away from him and his stupidity. i do not follow him on twitter, but all i hear every single day from the media and my friends is all of the stupid shit he is doing. there is nobody to check him. nobody to stop him. nobody to prevent him from embarrassing our country. nobody to steer him in a more reasonable direction. where are all the patriots? something needs to be done now. he is in so deep now that he is going to act and do something stupid and it is going to hurt or kill a lot of people. and there are people around him who are going to sit there and let it all happen.

• Options
    there was a funeral procession for the general today. it stretched some 20 km. i am kind of surprised that trump did not have a drone strike called in for that procession. seems like something he would do.

• Options

it is infuriating. 

i can't get away from him and his stupidity. i do not follow him on twitter, but all i hear every single day from the media and my friends is all of the stupid shit he is doing. there is nobody to check him. nobody to stop him. nobody to prevent him from embarrassing our country. nobody to steer him in a more reasonable direction. where are all the patriots? something needs to be done now. he is in so deep now that he is going to act and do something stupid and it is going to hurt or kill a lot of people. and there are people around him who are going to sit there and let it all happen.
    McConnel will do something once ALL the judges benches have been filled....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    CM189191 said:

As much as you dislike trump this is definitely crossing the line.  As an American You can’t wish a foreign country to harm our president. 

I'm just saying, $80 million seems high

But at the same time, not enough
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,695
    Now Trump is threatening sanctions of Iraq forces us out.  The lunacy just escalates. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,127
    A couple Twitter threads I've found interesting from people who seem to have a handle on the region. First one:

• Options
    And I haven't seen anyone link to this yet. Apologies if it's already been posted. Pretty comprehensive profile of the guy from 2013. This part in particular is nuts:

Since then, Suleimani has orchestrated attacks in places as far flung as Thailand, New Delhi, Lagos, and Nairobi—at least thirty attempts in the past two years alone. The most notorious was a scheme, in 2011, to hire a Mexican drug cartel to blow up the Saudi Ambassador to the United States as he sat down to eat at a restaurant a few miles from the White House. The cartel member approached by Suleimani’s agent turned out to be an informant for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration. (The Quds Force appears to be more effective close to home, and a number of the remote plans have gone awry.)

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/09/30/the-shadow-commander/amp
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    So now there’s rules to what is kosher in the kill the bad guy play ? We just blew up the number two guy in Iran and people are pissed that they put a bounty on Baffoon’s head c’mon people wtf did you think Iran was gonna do holy fuck people are dense! There’s no rules in this game ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    So now there’s rules to what is kosher in the kill the bad guy play ? We just blew up the number two guy in Iran and people are pissed that they put a bounty on Baffoon’s head c’mon people wtf did you think Iran was gonna do holy fuck people are dense! There’s no rules in this game ...
    This is a bad take. You can’t be against what trump did and be ok with a bounty on his head from a foreign country. Well you can, but you’d be a gigantic hypocrite.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Trump himself has suggested within the 52 sites the Ayatollah and all the mullahs could be targets, The President, Parliament.....

while it isnt a bounty offered, assassinations of government officials and religious leaders at that is the more serious in my view.....

not discounting the bounty, if true....

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    This is a bad take. You can’t be against what trump did and be ok with a bounty on his head from a foreign country. Well you can, but you’d be a gigantic hypocrite.
    What I’m just saying that’s it’s stupid to be surprised by Iran’s reaction ! I’m for peace period I’m not ok with a bounty on anyone’s head 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mixed...... a eulogist said it.....

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,866
    pretty sure that bounty or whatever it was, was fake. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Pretty sure it was ran on the Iranian state television channel
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    Pretty sure it was ran on the Iranian state television channel
    It was the guy giving the eulogy. Said he'd raise it by asking every one of 80 million citizens to give $1. Some people are blowing it out of proportion. 
  • Options
    i wonder how long until he tweets that he has "a tremendous bounty, a bounty like nobody's ever seen before."

seriously, though. what did he think they were going to do? it is basically a fatwa, is it not?

to be 100% honest, i would be infuriated if a country put a bounty on any prior president's head. even w bush.  but not this guy. not trump.

this guy made his own bed. he has single handedly set the table to what it is now by his own actions. he blew up the iran deal on purpose. he alienated and insulted every single one of our allies in favor of pleasing putin. he assassinated a very powerful political and military figure against recommendations from his advisors. he has divided this country and lied to us every single day for nearly 5 years. he has grifted the american people by using our tax dollars to fund his businesses and his pleasure excursions to mar a lago. he has broken the emoluments clause. he has committed crimes that he has been impeached for. he was not legitimately elected. as far as i am concerned, he is nothing.

he has the greatest security in the world and nothing will ever happen to him. it is basically symbolic at this point.

• Options
    "Trump only won the election because a bunch of low information rubes believed a bunch of crap on social media. Also, did you hear about the bounty???"
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162

This is a party driven conflict.

this is not a country driven conflict

the gop has had it in for Iran for years, from bomb bomb Iran to  trump personally escalating tensions

the republicans start another Mid East war my beloved country can go f*ck itself

let the red states pay for it all. Let the trump family and all its donors fight it

time for tea party 2
  • Options

This is a party driven conflict.

this is not a country driven conflict

the gop has had it in for Iran for years, from bomb bomb Iran to  trump personally escalating tensions

the republicans start another Mid East war my beloved country can go f*ck itself

let the red states pay for it all. Let the trump family and all its donors fight it

time for tea party 2
    the red states unfortunately can't even pay their bills. many of the red states get more tax money sent to them than they pay in. 

but i agree. let the trump supporters sign up and go fight. i saw that there was a significant increase in google searches for potential draft requirements, so people are getting scared and taking this seriously.