Options

Iran Deal, the reset.....

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    mrussel1 said:

rr165892 said:

So now an ad was posted on the "Supreme leaders" Facebook or some social media page ,again wanting death to the U.S. And has a pic of Obama with a gun to his head.These are the folks we are removing sanctions on? I don't think this goes down with a congressional vote looming.

I believe it, but at the same time who would expect anything different right now? The supreme leader is a hard liner and needs to sell the deal to the hard liners in the country. These are the people that went through the revolution. But the deal was made due to pressure from the youth, IMO. The number of young people in Iran is astonishing, and they want non aggressive relationships with the West. But we should not expect rhetoric to change overnight. It will be almost impossible for Congress to kill the deal.
    I think this is a pretty important point. I heard an interview that there is no reason to trust the government and this deal is not about trusting them. If they try to break the deal they will be caught. What this does impact is the young people who aren't closed off to the West and want a relationship with the west. They look up to western culture and want that. This is not a country of people who entirely hate us.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Agreed.But how do you get the progressive minded youth to be louder then the hardline Islamic nut jobs ?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rr165892 said:

Agreed.But how do you get the progressive minded youth to be louder then the hardline Islamic nut jobs ?

Empower them! Make it possible for them to beat back the religinuts with a modern, progressive economy where choice is king. As the science and tech industries grow more people of moderate or progressive mindsets will be wealthy and powerful enough to influence government. Lifting the sanctions should help that immensely, though it is not a without risk.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

Empower them! Make it possible for them to beat back the religinuts with a modern, progressive economy where choice is king. As the science and tech industries grow more people of moderate or progressive mindsets will be wealthy and powerful enough to influence government. Lifting the sanctions should help that immensely, though it is not a without risk.
    I can see that working.I have no prob getting behind that way of thinking.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,679
    rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

I can see that working.I have no prob getting behind that way of thinking.
    All this is true.. But the biggest advantage is time...The hard liners have to die out or relinquish power. Revolution was 35 years ago. These men are in their 60's and 70's now. Just like we needed the baby boomers to relinquish power here.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,919
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Ran across this today and think it really backs up what some of you were saying about allowing the change in Iran to come from with.Quick read,good story from CNN.maybe change is coming soon?
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/03/opinions/fathi-time-to-retire-death-to-america/?iid=ob_article_organicsidebar_expansion&iref=obnetwork
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    As with Cuba, my opinion is the isolation has only served to keep the regime in power. So having an openness with the west can only in time, erode the status quo in those countries. There will of course be the hold outs here and there seeking to preserve the status quo , but its only a matter of time before the change does in fact occur.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Ran across this today and think it really backs up what some of you were saying about allowing the change in Iran to come from with.Quick read,good story from CNN.maybe change is coming soon?
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/03/opinions/fathi-time-to-retire-death-to-america/?iid=ob_article_organicsidebar_expansion&iref=obnetwork

It's so refreshing to see a conservative who looks at issues and searches for sense and reason instead of just jumping into the expected conservative response!
    :smiley:
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

It's so refreshing to see a conservative who looks at issues and searches for sense and reason instead of just jumping into the expected conservative response!
    Just keeping it real Gambs.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

Just keeping it real Gambs.
    Love it!
  • Options

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    mickeyrat said:
    oh my god. why the hell is joe lieberman the chair of this group now? i thought he was long ago relegated to the dustbin of history.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Where has BS been lately???
    It turns out the wacko cons are wrong again!
    CIA confident the deal will do it's job.
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/55ccf4c3e4b064d5910ae267
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

The saudis will buy one from Pakistan. The US can reduce it's stockpile if it wants but no one will care. It's a full on free for all now so better batten down the hatches.

I'm prepping my doomsday basement room as I type this. Gonna test the local web in case the wifi goes down. Keep beating that war drum and fear mongering professor. Let me know when it's safe to come out.
    No war drum. Stating fact that Iran will build one and Saudis will buy one. That's it. No need to prep. Go on as usual. We're either all good or we're not. It's your world now Halifax.
    And I'm soooooooo scared of those big bad scary Iranians and all the rest of the world that doesn't look like me. I'm soooooooo very scared. So much so that I'm going to hide under the bed. Let me know when Canada has made the world safe again, pretty please?
    Don't be scared but don't deny it's coming. There is no deal.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/irans-supreme-leader-foreigners-cant-interview-our-scientists-118129.html
    Say again?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    i heard the other day that the israeli government gave tom cotton a million bucks to try to sabotage the iran deal. i will need to look for a source though. if this is true, this is outright treason.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

i heard the other day that the israeli government gave tom cotton a million bucks to try to sabotage the iran deal. i will need to look for a source though. if this is true, this is outright treason.

I'm hearing it's a $100,000,000 campaign. Wow, spend $100,000,000 for billions is a pretty good investment.
  • Options
    i couldn't find a recent source. i did find that israeli lobby groups gave him money for his campaign if he were to be in favor of israeli regime.

i saw that colin powell supports the deal.

• Options

i couldn't find a recent source. i did find that israeli lobby groups gave him money for his campaign if he were to be in favor of israeli regime.

i saw that colin powell supports the deal.

Yesterday he received the support of 4 more senators ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Veto possible already. Puts him at 38? 3 more for filibuster. Kills it in the senate.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,679
    Filibuster is important symbolically rather than practically. Be nice if he didn't have to veto it.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Filibuster is important symbolically rather than practically. Be nice if he didn't have to veto it.

He has 42 votes.

GOP just wants it recorded. Election cycle coming.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

He has 42 votes.

colin powell says it is a good deal. of course gop is not going to listen to him. they threw him out there to be the sacrificial lamb to sell the iraq war. they seem to forget that.

looks like it is going through regardless of what gop does.

• Options
    edited September 2015

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

He has 42 votes.

colin powell says it is a good deal. of course gop is not going to listen to him. they threw him out there to be the sacrificial lamb to sell the iraq war. they seem to forget that.

read a thing from Vox today saying this "secret side deal" the IAEA has with Iran hasn't been disclosed so technically Obama didnt provide all the details. Its a bullshit ploy to distract. WE have a "secret" deal with IAEA about our program and so does 180 OTHER countries. The deal isnt secret, the details are. Iran chose to disclose some, making it harder to close on our end. Fucking GOP took the bait.

useless bullshit just like Benghazi hearings.

So I propose , as soon as the IAEA discloses OUR deal with the world , we can expect Congress to get their grubby paws on Irans. Sound fair?

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

He has 42 votes.

read a thing from Vox today saying this "secret side deal" the IAEA has with Iran hasn't been disclosed so technically Obama didnt provide all the details. Its a bullshit ploy to distract. WE have a "secret" deal with IAEA about our program and so does 180 OTHER countries. The deal isnt secret, the details are. Iran chose to disclose some, making it harder to close on our end. Fucking GOP took the bait.

So I propose , as soon as the IAEA discloses OUR deal with the world , we can expect Congress to get their grubby paws on Irans. Sound fair?
    they don't know how to govern with a majority. since they can't govern they stick with what they are good at, saying "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" to everything.

• Options

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

He has 42 votes.

they don't know how to govern with a majority. since they can't govern they stick with what they are good at, saying "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" to everything.
    23 problem children are seeking to shut down the government without total planned parenthood defunding.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

He has 42 votes.

23 problem children are seeking to shut down the government without total planned parenthood defunding.
    and they will do it, because they learned nothing the last time they did it. they paid the price at the ballot box last time. they will again. and then they will do another autopsy and recognize where they went wrong, and continue the same bullshit. scrub, rinse,. repeat.

• Options
    Anyone catch the Tea Party's anti-Iran deal rally featuring Trump, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, the Duck Dynasty dude, Glen Beck, et. al? If so, can someone please translate their message for me? I don't think they were speaking American. Thanks.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©