Options

Layaway section in the shop?

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Pearl Jam will be selling shit for the rest of their lives. And our lives. I was thinking about this while watching a Blu Ray the other day. They're not just selling for right now. They're selling for when they're done touring. They're selling for their kids and their kids' kids. There is a reason they don't just open the vault and put out a bunch of stuff or put out a new DVD/Blu Ray every year despite having more than enough footage to do so. They'll do it later to boost revenue. And we'll buy it. Myself included. And the items may likely get worse and/or more cheesy as time goes on and the boys don't have direct control over this stuff anymore. Look what Bob Marley's family did. Mellow Mood energy drinks in the aisles at Wal-Mart? Get the fuck out of here. . .

I cant wait to dig into that brick of Eddie Cheddar!
    And that Jeff A-Mint-Chocolate-Chip ice cream! Seriously, I would buy it by the gallons.. especially after I pick up an eighth of Stoned Gossard at the dispensary.
    Wait, stones got a strain named after him? What the fuck? I want to try that shit.
  • Options
    nostackedvinylnostackedvinyl Maine Posts: 857
    badbrains said:

Pearl Jam will be selling shit for the rest of their lives. And our lives. I was thinking about this while watching a Blu Ray the other day. They're not just selling for right now. They're selling for when they're done touring. They're selling for their kids and their kids' kids. There is a reason they don't just open the vault and put out a bunch of stuff or put out a new DVD/Blu Ray every year despite having more than enough footage to do so. They'll do it later to boost revenue. And we'll buy it. Myself included. And the items may likely get worse and/or more cheesy as time goes on and the boys don't have direct control over this stuff anymore. Look what Bob Marley's family did. Mellow Mood energy drinks in the aisles at Wal-Mart? Get the fuck out of here. . .

And that Jeff A-Mint-Chocolate-Chip ice cream! Seriously, I would buy it by the gallons.. especially after I pick up an eighth of Stoned Gossard at the dispensary.
    Wait, stones got a strain named after him? What the fuck? I want to try that shit.
    I bet it's an indica. Something very mellow. . .
    it's a fragile thing, this life we lead.

05/24/06, 06/28/08, 06/30/08, 05/17/10, 09/07/11, 09/11/11, 09/12/11, 09/14/11, 09/15/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 05/05/16, 05/08/16, 08/07/16, 09/02/18

ev: 06/15/11
  • Options

badbrains said:

Some SG OG hahaha
  • Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Some SG OG hahaha
    HA!! Perfect. I'm gonna completely derail this thread and ask the question. . .who in the band still burns consistently? I've seen footage of Stone in the old days and Ed has made several references to it. My bet is with Boom. . .

05/24/06, 06/28/08, 06/30/08, 05/17/10, 09/07/11, 09/11/11, 09/12/11, 09/14/11, 09/15/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 05/05/16, 05/08/16, 08/07/16, 09/02/18

• Options

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Some SG OG hahaha
    HA!! Perfect. I'm gonna completely derail this thread and ask the question. . .who in the band still burns consistently? I've seen footage of Stone in the old days and Ed has made several references to it. My bet is with Boom. . .
    Didn't Ed meet boom on the beaches of Hawaii when Ed asked boom for a lighter to light his spliff? And the rest is history. Hahaha
  • Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Some SG OG hahaha
    Didn't Ed meet boom on the beaches of Hawaii when Ed asked boom for a lighter to light his spliff? And the rest is history. Hahaha
    Makes complete sense

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Some SG OG hahaha
    Makes complete sense
    If true it's a great fucking story.
  • Options

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Some SG OG hahaha
    Makes complete sense
    If true it's a great fucking story.
    Let's just say it happened like that. A new story is born. Hahaha
  • Options
    vzouzalvzouzal Posts: 202
    Who would have ever imagined these lyrics would end up being so prophetic
    "If you hate something, don't you do it too" ...

I think the idea of the band owning a dairy farm and producing their own line of certified organic milk, cheeses, ice cream and butter is quite tantalizing. I can see it now

Y.Ledbetter Dairy Farms : Got Some?
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

vzouzal said:

vzouzal said:

CDFish said:
    LOL! Thank-you, thats exactly the kind of shit I'm talking about!
    what's wrong with it?
    Really? $34 dollars for that Hollister-esque, god only knows where it's made garbage. If my Pearl Jam legend/lore/history serves me correct, was Corduroy not inspired after Eddie saw a similar jacket to his for sale for a ridiculous price? There just seems to be a lot of doubling back on prior stances, that were taken on without provocation.
    there was a shirt for sale on that link? i didn't see it...
    :lol:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837

vzouzal said:

vzouzal said:

CDFish said:
    what's wrong with it?
    Really? $34 dollars for that Hollister-esque, god only knows where it's made garbage. If my Pearl Jam legend/lore/history serves me correct, was Corduroy not inspired after Eddie saw a similar jacket to his for sale for a ridiculous price? There just seems to be a lot of doubling back on prior stances, that were taken on without provocation.
    Yeah, not too shabby.

• Options
    eddiec said:

vzouzal said:

vzouzal said:

CDFish said:
    what's wrong with it?
    Yeah, not too shabby.

i'll look again, maybe it's because i'm on a mobile device. just not seeing any shirts on that link.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837

eddiec said:

vzouzal said:

vzouzal said:

CDFish said:
    what's wrong with it?
    Yeah, not too shabby.

i'll look again, maybe it's because i'm on a mobile device. just not seeing any shirts on that link.
    You're killin' me.

• Options
    iVEDDERiVEDDER Posts: 71
    my2hands said:

They make music when they want and how they want... they play when they want, where they want, and how they want... they work with who they want, when they want, snd how they want... they have their own label... they run their own merch and warehouse... they have their own website... almost everything seems to be run in-house... they don't sell their music to corporate advertising... they make sure their fans are at the front of the line for everything from merch to music to tix

how many countless people have they employed? how much $ have they given to charity and causes?

did I mention tickets are still under $100 for the best band on the planet?

and you are worried if they have some t-shirts in a clearance sale for fans to pick up cheap???

get fucking real

THIS
    2005 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Apoteose December 4th 2011 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Apoteose November 6th 2013 São Paulo, Brazil | Lollapalooza March 31st
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    edited March 2015
    I don't care if they have 100 pages of merch. No skin off my back, and it doesn't have any effect on how I feel about the music. What I do care about is selling merch with absolutely no quality control but prices that suggest it should be good quality items. That pisses me off no matter what company is doing it. If PJ keeps going down hill when it comes to the quality of whatever they are selling, that definitely effects how I feel about the band itself as the ones who are basically the CEOs of 10C and ultimately responsible for everything 10C does (still doesn't change how I feel about the music), because those kinds of business practices are necessarily conducted by money grubbing scumbags IMHO. So here's hoping they stop the steady slide downhill before they hit bottom.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't care if they have 100 pages of merch. No skin off my back, and it doesn't have any effect on how I feel about the music. What I do care about is selling merch with absolutely no quality control but prices that suggest it should be good quality items. That pisses me off no matter what company is doing it. If PJ keeps going down hill when it comes to the quality of whatever they are selling, that definitely effects how I feel about the band itself as the ones who are basically the CEOs of 10C and ultimately responsible for everything 10C does (still doesn't change how I feel about the music), because those kinds of business practices are necessarily conducted by money grubbing scumbags IMHO. So here's hoping they stop the steady slide downhill before they hit bottom.

This. The 2005 canadian tour shirts were as thin as my hairline.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,542

PJ_Soul said:

This. The 2005 canadian tour shirts were as thin as my hairline.

and their vinyl "quality" is subpar at best, especially recently. There appears to be little QC going on.
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    I wish the shop would offer more reproductions of t shirts from the earlier albums.
  • Options
    Are there any other bands of comparable size & scope, that took such hardline stances & doubled back on them like we have seen here or is this a unique situation?
  • Options
    they haven't doubled back on anything. I don't recall them taking a hardline stance on a band selling their own products. if they had, they would have criticized other bands for it (like KISS), which they never did. they took a hardline stance on the fashion industry co-opting the grunge clothing trend and charging people an arm and a leg for it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    joseph33 said:

I wish the shop would offer more reproductions of t shirts from the earlier albums.

+1.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,437
    vzouzal said:

Are there any other bands of comparable size & scope, that took such hardline stances & doubled back on them like we have seen here or is this a unique situation?

C'mon dude. If you want to stir up trouble on a message board don't be so obvious. You need to practice on your subtly for a few months and then try again.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    vzouzal said:

:fp:

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Where's the sticker section???
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    on2legs said:

vzouzal said:

C'mon dude. If you want to stir up trouble on a message board don't be so obvious. You need to practice on your subtly for a few months and then try again.
    Sorry to spoil your Kool-Aid, sometimes the truth hurts, especially if you wear blinders.

I'm not saying they aren't great humanitarians or that they don't support many worthy charities.

Saying that your not really sure you know what it means to have won a Grammy or that it means anything at all, is much different than tweeting about being excited to have won a Grammy for best packaging. Criticizing companies for selling clothing for high prices, is quite different then selling flimsy t-shirts for $35. Sorry but a band selling trading cards, animal figurines and dog collars is a cash grab!
  • Options
    We get it. You're not a fan. Not sure what else you're trying to do here besides provoke people.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

We get it. You're not a fan. Not sure what else you're trying to do here besides provoke people.

Actually I'm a HUGE fan, that will always support the music, but has become moderately confused/disillusioned with the direction/decision making which has taken place over the past 5-7 years and is curious to hear what other fans think.
  • Options
    Oh... So when you tell people they're drinking koolaid and they have blinders on it's because you're curious to hear what other fans think?

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    on2legs said:

Oh... So when you tell people they're drinking koolaid and they have blinders on it's because you're curious to hear what other fans think?

excellent question.

the fact is, they aren't the same guys. you will never see 1993 era Pearl Jam again. they've gotten older & some things have changed. they should be proud of the packaging. I think it's their best packaging since No Code. Man, this kool aid is delicious! If only I could see the color of it through the blinders I'm wearing. Haha!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Lots of people have shared insightful and intelligent points of view during the course of last few days and I have enjoyed their post and responded accordingly, except for yourself image