Options

Layaway section in the shop?

Comments

• Options
    CDFishCDFish Boston, MA Posts: 173
    Hartford 1996; Mansfield 1&2 2000; Mansfield 3 2003; Boston 1&2 2004; Boston 1 2006; Mansfield 1 2008; Philadelphia 1 2009; Boston 2010; EV solo Providence 2011; Worcester 1 2013; Hartford 2013
  • Options
    vzouzalvzouzal Posts: 202
    CDFish said:
    LOL! Thank-you, thats exactly the kind of shit I'm talking about!
  • Options
    I don't know why I find this so odd...like, I guess urban outfitters had to approach the band and ask permission? Is this shirt legit from that show? But they do and have sold in the past, other Tees from bands I love: Led Zep, Neil Young, Grateful Dead, Nirvana, The Who, etc...
    Hartford 1996; Mansfield 1&2 2000; Mansfield 3 2003; Boston 1&2 2004; Boston 1 2006; Mansfield 1 2008; Philadelphia 1 2009; Boston 2010; EV solo Providence 2011; Worcester 1 2013; Hartford 2013
  • Options
    vzouzal said:

CDFish said:
    what's wrong with it?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,435
    edited March 2015
    This guy is clearly trolling and looking for attention. The band has produced t shirts since day one. Not really getting the point about the urban outfitters post.
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options

vzouzal said:

CDFish said:
    what's wrong with it?
    Really? $34 dollars for that Hollister-esque, god only knows where it's made garbage. If my Pearl Jam legend/lore/history serves me correct, was Corduroy not inspired after Eddie saw a similar jacket to his for sale for a ridiculous price? There just seems to be a lot of doubling back on prior stances, that were taken on without provocation.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

This guy is clearly trolling and looking for attention. The band has produced t shirts since day one. Not really getting the point about the urban outfitters post.

Lego dude I'm not trolling and stop saying it's just about mercy. The thread title was just to get people's attention and an attempt at sarcasm, the issues are bigger than that.

It seems to me there are 3 very distinct groups amongst us.

1 - Faithfull Ale drinkers aka Kool-Aid drinkers

2 - the Indifferent

3 - Dissident's - those of us who took the message to heart & are wondering when and what changed at the top
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I don't think it's necessarily wrong. Just can't really remember a time when you could go to a trendy store and buy PJ merch. It seems weird. And for the record, $35 is pretty much the going rate for a T at a show so I don't think the pricing is outrageous...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    CDFish said:

I don't know why I find this so odd...like, I guess urban outfitters had to approach the band and ask permission? Is this shirt legit from that show? But they do and have sold in the past, other Tees from bands I love: Led Zep, Neil Young, Grateful Dead, Nirvana, The Who, etc...

If that's from a show poster, I imagine they just had to get permission from the artist.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,435
    vzouzal said:

on2legs said:

Lego dude I'm not trolling and stop saying it's just about mercy. The thread title was just to get people's attention and an attempt at sarcasm, the issues are bigger than that.

2 - the Indifferent

3 - Dissident's - those of us who took the message to heart & are wondering when and what changed at the top
    Nothing with the band changed. The music business changed dramatically. The band used make money from selling records and touring. Now they make money from selling t shirts and touring.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    edited March 2015
    DewieCox said:

CDFish said:

If that's from a show poster, I imagine they just had to get permission from the artist.
    Ames Brothers shirt. I bought one from them a while back.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,411
    i don't see a layaway section
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    vzouzal said:

vzouzal said:

CDFish said:
    what's wrong with it?
    Really? $34 dollars for that Hollister-esque, god only knows where it's made garbage. If my Pearl Jam legend/lore/history serves me correct, was Corduroy not inspired after Eddie saw a similar jacket to his for sale for a ridiculous price? There just seems to be a lot of doubling back on prior stances, that were taken on without provocation.
    there was a shirt for sale on that link? i didn't see it...
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    vzouzal said:

on2legs said:

2 - the Indifferent

Categorizing fans? What the fuck?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    I have gone beyond my intentions.

I love this band.
    I love their music.
    I love all of you.

Earnest,

ZouZy
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    vzouzal said:

vzouzal said:

CDFish said:
    what's wrong with it?
    Were you around in the mid 90s? Every store in the world was selling pj shirts and making a fat profit.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Back in my day you would walk 30 miles to get to school, haul a cord of wood, and do homework by candle light.
    See no difference...lol drink more booze
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432
    That T-shirt is a Ames Bros image, I doubt PJ had a say.

As for the whole tone of this thread directed at the OP, don't go to a band's website's fan forum calling them sellouts and not expect some people to disagree.

Know your audience.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Surprised that shirt is in urban outfitters... yeah that's pretty cheesy. BUT it's an Ames Bros shirt, and they sell it on the Ames website (few bucks cheaper I believe) so maybe they have some partnership with Urban Outfitters. I can't imagine PJ signing off on a designer store selling their shirt like that.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Does anyone here truly believe this band needs to, much less wants to, do things for money? Do you really think a few people spending $40 is going to make a lick of difference to their collective or ondividual bottom lines? I don't.

Well yeah they don't need the money so then WHY would they do it? They don't need to make money off dog collars. It's fucking cheesy so why bother? Kind of like they don't need to sell 35 songs (or whatever it was) to MLB broadcast games, but they did. It's not quite the same as the Who selling every song to every car company (I heard Eminence Front on the most recent commercial yesterday), but it's a little bit insane for a band that stood in front of the Adbusters US flag in 2003.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    nostackedvinylnostackedvinyl Maine Posts: 857
    Pearl Jam will be selling shit for the rest of their lives. And our lives. I was thinking about this while watching a Blu Ray the other day. They're not just selling for right now. They're selling for when they're done touring. They're selling for their kids and their kids' kids. There is a reason they don't just open the vault and put out a bunch of stuff or put out a new DVD/Blu Ray every year despite having more than enough footage to do so. They'll do it later to boost revenue. And we'll buy it. Myself included. And the items may likely get worse and/or more cheesy as time goes on and the boys don't have direct control over this stuff anymore. Look what Bob Marley's family did. Mellow Mood energy drinks in the aisles at Wal-Mart? Get the fuck out of here. . .
    it's a fragile thing, this life we lead.

05/24/06, 06/28/08, 06/30/08, 05/17/10, 09/07/11, 09/11/11, 09/12/11, 09/14/11, 09/15/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 05/05/16, 05/08/16, 08/07/16, 09/02/18

ev: 06/15/11
  • Options

Pearl Jam will be selling shit for the rest of their lives. And our lives. I was thinking about this while watching a Blu Ray the other day. They're not just selling for right now. They're selling for when they're done touring. They're selling for their kids and their kids' kids. There is a reason they don't just open the vault and put out a bunch of stuff or put out a new DVD/Blu Ray every year despite having more than enough footage to do so. They'll do it later to boost revenue. And we'll buy it. Myself included. And the items may likely get worse and/or more cheesy as time goes on and the boys don't have direct control over this stuff anymore. Look what Bob Marley's family did. Mellow Mood energy drinks in the aisles at Wal-Mart? Get the fuck out of here. . .

Add what the Hendrix family has done with the last couple of releases. Scraping the bottom of the barrel on those, and yet I bought them. They'll keep selling because there is market for it, can't fault anyone for that.
  • Options

Add what the Hendrix family has done with the last couple of releases. Scraping the bottom of the barrel on those, and yet I bought them. They'll keep selling because there is market for it, can't fault anyone for that.
    Exactly!! And you're right. You can't fault them for that. Especially when it gets out of the artists' hands (posthumously more often than not). I've always adhered to the "if you want it and are willing to pay then buy it" philosophy. If not. . .don't buy it.

05/24/06, 06/28/08, 06/30/08, 05/17/10, 09/07/11, 09/11/11, 09/12/11, 09/14/11, 09/15/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 05/05/16, 05/08/16, 08/07/16, 09/02/18

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    CDFish said:
    that's an Ames Bros shirt. I actually ordered one from their site. (men's, obviously) You can find Ames Bros shirts all over the place. So, I think it's more up to Ames than PJ for the shirt.

http://amesbrosshop.com/products/rd102cmst1?variant=960963197

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

Does anyone here truly believe this band needs to, much less wants to, do things for money? Do you really think a few people spending $40 is going to make a lick of difference to their collective or ondividual bottom lines? I don't.

Well yeah they don't need the money so then WHY would they do it? They don't need to make money off dog collars. It's fucking cheesy so why bother? Kind of like they don't need to sell 35 songs (or whatever it was) to MLB broadcast games, but they did. It's not quite the same as the Who selling every song to every car company (I heard Eminence Front on the most recent commercial yesterday), but it's a little bit insane for a band that stood in front of the Adbusters US flag in 2003.
    Supply the demand. Simple as that.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I cant wait to dig into that brick of Eddie Cheddar!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

And that Jeff A-Mint-Chocolate-Chip ice cream! Seriously, I would buy it by the gallons.. especially after I pick up an eighth of Stoned Gossard at the dispensary.
  • Options

And that Jeff A-Mint-Chocolate-Chip ice cream! Seriously, I would buy it by the gallons.. especially after I pick up an eighth of Stoned Gossard at the dispensary.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

• Options
    Or a bacon double McCready. That would be drop d-licious. Hey look, everyone! I just got my new Matt Camcorder!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com