The Global Citizen Festival 2015

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    DTE at it's original speed? Digging!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I have found videos of all the songs performed by Pearl Jam, choosing non-MSNBC videos when possible. Don't know if they will run smoothly, chose longest 2 videos of each song. Will see what I can do with it once I view them all.
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    Beyonce set was terrible. That is not my kind of music, but it was awful.
  • Options
    Mean Joe said:
    Thanks for this!
  • Options
    Man, I wish Ed wouldn't push the end of Elderly so much!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    Looks like they are taking down all the YouTube Redemption Song w/Beyonce videos.
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,025
    demetrios said:

Here's another source. Pearl Jam Global Citizen Festival Saturday September 26th 2015 Live Central Park, New York City, NY SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio MP3 http://we.tl/vcQ41xawrs

That's great, thank you!

Anybody have a video of the full set? I sat down to watch it tonight but obviously I was too late.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    Nancy, I think perhaps the question was about the tuning of the guitar. Sometimes musicians "drop" the strings down a whole step. But, I don't know much about it!
    njnancy said:

Right before Imagine - Eddie said to Stone - 'dropped it' - which may have been a song he asked about.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    tino_11 said:

demetrios said:

Here's another source. Pearl Jam Global Citizen Festival Saturday September 26th 2015 Live Central Park, New York City, NY SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio MP3 http://we.tl/vcQ41xawrs

That's great, thank you!

Anybody have a video of the full set? I sat down to watch it tonight but obviously I was too late.
    I'm sure it will surface one way or another. I'm looking too.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    smitalsmital Posts: 187
    edited September 2015
  • Options
    tino_11 said:

demetrios said:

That's great, thank you!

Sure. One sec.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    smital said:
    There's gotta be some awesome pictures from the show. Both Danny Clinch and Kevin Mazur were roaming around the stage. And Jason Sudekis, although I don't know him as a photog :)

Are your pictures showing up anywhere?
  • Options
    smitalsmital Posts: 187
    edited September 2015
    Suziemay said:

Are your pictures showing up anywhere?

I didn't get a photo pass! Nothing to post on that front (or any really)...
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,025
    demetrios said:

tino_11 said:

demetrios said:

That's great, thank you!

Sure. One sec.
    Thanks Demetrios, it's very much appreciated!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

Full PJ video set starts at 6:45:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAPukIWbYU0

They took it down. Thank GOD someone was able to capture the 1080p rip from last night.
    where is the ripped version, i cannot view it "without signing in" and i'm signed into everything. can someone please help me out, i hate being shorted on the msnbc version of pjs set.
    Sure. Check your pm. :)
    hey man, would love a little help also!
    thank you in advance
  • Options
    I heart this picture very much image
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Suziemay said:

Love it.

I think Bey has wanted to do something like that for a long time.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Hey D, please pm the link. Thanks also in advance. You're awesome dude!!! :rock_on:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options

Mean Joe said:
    Thanks for this!
    You're welcome!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Longueuil said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Ok. So PJ did start on time? So we didn't get live feed? And I screwed up and should have watched it on Youtube!?? DAMN! I watched Ed and Beyonce and they did not have commercial breaks. Everyone could tell when PJ came on MSNBC it wasn't quite right. Especially waiting that long that was a huge red flag.

https://youtu.be/YAPukIWbYU0?t=2h51m19s

It starts at the 2h51m19s mark
    Thank you so much but I'm toooo late. I seen what on tv. Someone asked why we were watching TV and not youtube. I had no clue. PJ site said to watch the TV lol so that's what I did. Had I checked here I would have known but didn't see until the set was over. And was exhausted and went to bed. And now too late after my day today. BUMMERRRRRR.

but like someone else said it will prolly resurface again some day.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    Suziemay said:

amazeballs!!!
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    njnancy said:

Right before Imagine - Eddie said to Stone - 'dropped it' - which may have been a song he asked about. Still not sure why there was such a delay - you could hear them tuning their guitars when Hugh Jackman was introducing people to discuss the global goals. So they were backstage, but didn't start playing for what seemed like almost an hour.

Imagine and Redemption Song really captured the spirit of the festival. Was very emotional - invoking Lennon, Marley and Mandela.

Also, out of 16 shows, I think today was the best Eddie sounded on "Alive" that I've ever seen in my shows

I agree that Eddie, and all the guys, were really on tonight. Loved how he sounded for the acoustic songs.

when ed was asking about "dropped it" he meant was his guitar in a drop D (you drop you low E to a D) or perhaps a whole step down (instead of EADGBE it is DGCFAD). Make sense?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    mcgruff10 said:

njnancy said:

Right before Imagine - Eddie said to Stone - 'dropped it' - which may have been a song he asked about. Still not sure why there was such a delay - you could hear them tuning their guitars when Hugh Jackman was introducing people to discuss the global goals. So they were backstage, but didn't start playing for what seemed like almost an hour.

Imagine and Redemption Song really captured the spirit of the festival. Was very emotional - invoking Lennon, Marley and Mandela.

Also, out of 16 shows, I think today was the best Eddie sounded on "Alive" that I've ever seen in my shows

I agree that Eddie, and all the guys, were really on tonight. Loved how he sounded for the acoustic songs.

when ed was asking about "dropped it" he meant was his guitar in a drop D (you drop you low E to a D) or perhaps a whole step down (instead of EADGBE it is DGCFAD). Make sense?
    Yup. Makes perfect sense. Thank you!
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    edited September 2015
    demetrios said:

Looks like they are taking down all the YouTube Redemption Song w/Beyonce videos.

Nope, not all
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLPDkqknt-rAhfK7FukI_up8y7UVDFkPql&t=10&v=DLNrg-45BCc

You can also see some of PJ performance if you go by the MSNBC channel here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FocOhBN6XIQ&index=5&list=PLDIVi-vBsOEy5fpjI5Zv_yOHfLLqfPcao
    Post edited by Longueuil on
  • Options
    dankind said:

Suziemay said:

Love it.

I think Bey has wanted to do something like that for a long time.

Hehehe. I forgot about that one!
  • Options
    Imagine sounded great! The whole show did. Looking forward to hearing the SA bootlegs!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,471
    Thanks for the great video igotid88. Between MSNBC and Youtube it's hard to find one that's not all chopped up. This was awesome! Some really great versions of some of the staple songs.
  • Options
    cydoniacydonia Denbighshire, North Wales , UK Posts: 456
    Couldn't sit through the stuff before, so watched on you tube later, pretty cool, bet eddie hasn't sang all of better man for a while!! But mostly I was pleasantly suprised by redemption song with Beyoncé what a performance, the harmonising was cool and thought if she only could get away from that 'pop' stuff she could become a soul diva , but hey corporations get what they want and the persecution on conspiracy websites won't stop, ' emancipate yourself from mental slavery'
  • Options
    Some videos have been taken down. This 1080p is still going strong. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVyuUw-NQns