Options

The Global Citizen Festival 2015

Comments

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Out of the other three Ed Sheeran was def my standout. He was fabulous! We rocked it during the Indian dance music too (sorry have no idea who that was), That was fun as hell.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Overall I thought PJ crushed it. Like pretty much everyone else on here I wished they could have played longer but I thought they sounded great. Really enjoyed Ed Sheeran too....the guy is the master of the looping pedal and it was really cool to see what he could do all by himself. Beyoncé and Coldplay held their own too.

But MY GOD, what an abomination Common was. Someone please never let him hold a mic again. Thankfully Sting showed up and saved his ass. Wish they would have re-distributed Common's time to the other artists so we could get 1 or more songs by each.
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    RP112579 said:

Bill Nye The Science Guy "fanning the flames" of Stone's guitar during RITFW might be the greatest thing I've ever seen hahahaha

I just about fell out of my couch when he did that!

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    Full PJ video set starts at 6:45:36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAPukIWbYU0
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931
    Redemption song was def a highlight for me. I mean cmon. Lennon-->Marley, Central Park, PJ?!!! They made the most of the short set and I'm so happy I was there.
  • Options

Overall I thought PJ crushed it. Like pretty much everyone else on here I wished they could have played longer but I thought they sounded great. Really enjoyed Ed Sheeran too....the guy is the master of the looping pedal and it was really cool to see what he could do all by himself. Beyoncé and Coldplay held their own too.

But MY GOD, what an abomination Common was. Someone please never let him hold a mic again. Thankfully Sting showed up and saved his ass. Wish they would have re-distributed Common's time to the other artists so we could get 1 or more songs by each.

So when Sheeran stopped playing guitar and yet you still heard the guitar being played it was on a loop?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821

They took it down. Thank GOD someone was able to capture the 1080p rip from last night.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

So when Sheeran stopped playing guitar and yet you still heard the guitar being played it was on a loop?
    All his stuff is looped. No pre-recording, all done on stage. Pretty amazing. Only other people I've seen do it is Joseph Arthur and Ed does a little of it. But Sheeran by far does it with the most ease. Pretty cool to watch.
  • Options
    Liam Finn is really great with the loop station as well. Even plays drums along with it.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    Suziemay said:

All his stuff is looped. No pre-recording, all done on stage. Pretty amazing. Only other people I've seen do it is Joseph Arthur and Ed does a little of it. But Sheeran by far does it with the most ease. Pretty cool to watch.
    liam finn has done this for a long time, and has done it superbly.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    demetrios said:

They took it down. Thank GOD someone was able to capture the 1080p rip from last night.
    where is the ripped version, i cannot view it "without signing in" and i'm signed into everything. can someone please help me out, i hate being shorted on the msnbc version of pjs set.
  • Options

demetrios said:

where is the ripped version, i cannot view it "without signing in" and i'm signed into everything. can someone please help me out, i hate being shorted on the msnbc version of pjs set.
    Sure. Check your pm. :)
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    DPrival78 said:

Suziemay said:

liam finn has done this for a long time, and has done it superbly.
    Ah. Never seen him (yes yes I know he opened for Ed, shame on me!).
  • Options
    SB51327SB51327 NJ Posts: 35
    I had a great time. Interesting to see people like Beyoncé here. I though it was one of the worst performances I have ever see in probably 1,000 concerts. She barely sang and just danced around. She would take 5 min breaks for costume changes. Very strange. I thought pearl jam was awesome and I thought they sounded great. The crowd in VIP2 was awesome and everyone sung everything so loud. It was short but I enjoyed.
  • Options

But cereally, whattup wif dis?????

This world is fucked
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

um, does beyonce have any instruments in her
    "live concert show?

Her ass
    Priceless

But she plays that ass so well!
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited September 2015
    PP193448 said:

"live concert show?

Her ass
    Triple post.
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited September 2015
    PP193448 said:

"live concert show?

Her ass
    Triple post
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012

demetrios said:

I'm in the same boat. Can someone help with the 1080p version? I saw the MSNBC stream, but I would like to see the entire performance.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,973
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    anyone know how to view the .rar file this comes as on a mac, i cannot view it.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425

anyone know how to view the .rar file this comes as on a mac, i cannot view it.
    The built-in unarchiver utility should open it, but if it's not, download Stuffit Expander. It will open almost any compressed file format on a Mac.
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    schappschapp Posts: 160
    I was on VIP2 and I thought the mix had way to many bass for eveyone but PJ. At times, it sounded to me like they had a cracked subwoofer.

Coldplay had a broken piano? How can you break not one, but two pianos? I believe I saw them replacing it on stage. They had a good set, as well as Sheeran. The lady from India was fun to watch and Tori Kelly (was that her name?) was OK.

Common was terrible! The ensemble from Africa rapped much better than this guy. At least he brought Sting onstage to save his night

I was also dissapointed at Beyonce's set. I always thought she is a good singer, but her show seemed to me more of a Rockettes routine than an actual concert. At least she showed he can sing with Sheeran and Eddie.

The booing was not cool; I know we knew that those last presenters would take time from the band but I though it was disrespectful.

PJ great as usual! The mix sounded off at times though; don't know how it sounded on the "live" transmission.

I'm just glad I was there.
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited September 2015

demetrios said:

I'm in the same boat. Can someone help with the 1080p version? I saw the MSNBC stream, but I would like to see the entire performance.
    There are two videos on youtube Pearl Jam Part 1 & Part 2. I grabbed them and am downloading before they disappear. Don't understand why they turned it into a private video - could watch it last night well after the festival.

Edited to add - they are from MSNBC feed - damn.
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    E.K said:

A bit of a surprise but ... I absolutely love this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9sIGpnpZeU

This was awesome they sang well and ed is such a gentleman and man the way he greeted her onto the stage and how passionate he was to just sing his bit beautifully
    I love to see this band live pure quality..
    You deserved to shine on that performance
    And I'm religious so I love this song..
  • Options
    milanmilan Posts: 447

demetrios said:

Same here
    Anyone help with the sign in details
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Options
  • Options
    Here's another source. Pearl Jam Global Citizen Festival Saturday September 26th 2015 Live Central Park, New York City, NY SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio MP3 http://we.tl/vcQ41xawrs