Fantasy Baseball League 2015

Comments

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

It's looking like the draft will be March 15.

3 people haven't voted. It'll make a difference, so go ahead and vote.

What's with the 2 times on the 15th? I see an asterisk, but didn't see what was going on.
    If that date wins, we'll vote again for the time. I am available all day that day so I just put the two times down for flexibility.
    Free agents can be acquired twice a week. Wednesday at 11pm and Sunday at 11pm is when they will be processed.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648

Free agents can be acquired twice a week. Wednesday at 11pm and Sunday at 11pm is when they will be processed.

how is this free agency thing working? we have to pay to get them?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

Yes, but it's not real money. You'll start with 250 in FA cash. That's what you have for the year. You bid on the players you want.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648

Yes, but it's not real money. You'll start with 250 in FA cash. That's what you have for the year. You bid on the players you want.
    oh ok i see now
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Noon tomorrow will be the dead line to get your vote in for the draft. Whoever is ahead by noon tomorrow will win. Get your vote in.
    Also, only one person has paid their league dues of $20. Please look on the message boards for my PayPal accou.t.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Also, only one person has paid their league dues of $20. Please look on the message boards for my PayPal accou.t.

I'll be in by opening day. I just bought 2 items we didn't need the day I joined and didn't want to tell the wife I had to throw $20 out - :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    There will be 6 teams in the playoffs. I forgot to change that when we went to a 12 team league. The top 3 teams will be paid.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    OK, thanks -- with 6 in I think paying top 3 makes more sense.
    Had my first draft last night; learned some things and had the first overall pick. Hoping that doesnt happen in any of the other drafts...I fucking hate going first. Picked Trout and had to wait until pick 21 to go again.
    Stoked to have Trout though, kid is a champ.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

OK, thanks -- with 6 in I think paying top 3 makes more sense.
    Had my first draft last night; learned some things and had the first overall pick. Hoping that doesnt happen in any of the other drafts...I fucking hate going first. Picked Trout and had to wait until pick 21 to go again.
    Stoked to have Trout though, kid is a champ.

Can't wait for the Phillies to sign him to $35 mil a year when he turns 36
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    If you get st overall draft Yu Darvish. He should have a monster season. I know I'm looking at Hunter Pence with my first pick.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cdysinge said:

If you get st overall draft Yu Darvish. He should have a monster season. I know I'm looking at Hunter Pence with my first pick.

Lol. Hunter pence sucks!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    I picked Josh Hamilton with my last pick (huge bench space there) as a joke flyer -- if he gets a short suspension he is likely more valuable than the other options at the last possible pick.

LOL @ Phillies Mike Trout signing comment. Dont forget that after they sign him their GM would need to talk shit about him in tweets. The Phillies need to fire his ass....yesterday!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I want to be sure to address the issue of trades, mainly vetoes. The league is currently set up as league veto. Which is the way I like it. In almost 20 years of playing in fantasy sports I can honestly say that I've only voted to veto about 4 or 5 trades. I feel that vetoes should be used only when one or two of the teams are obviously cheating.

That being said, if there is a questionable trade and you guys don't vote on it, I will send out an email asking everyone to vote on it. The LMs will ultimately have the final say in those trades and can be vetoed.

We may never have that problem, but I wanted to get that out there now before any trading is done. I don't want it to look like I'm making up the rules as we go along. Like I said before, I rarely vote to veto. The only times I have is when I thought there was cheating. Just because a trade may seem uneven, doesn't make it a vetoable trade.

If you guys have any thoughts on this, please post it in the message boards.
    New guy scoring question. My dude hits a HR his first AB:

1 pt extra base hit
    1 pt run scored
    1 pt run batted in
    4 pts total bases

7 points total for that AB...correct?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

1 pt extra base hit
    1 pt run scored
    1 pt run batted in
    4 pts total bases

Yes

1 pt extra base hit
    1 pt run scored
    1 pt run batted in
    4 pts total bases

Yes
    Thanks. I'm set. Just call me Champ
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Draft day, I assume we click settings then the draft tab.

What's the Live Draft Lobby under the Fantasy Games tab? We don't go thru there do we?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

one more...is there a game limit per week (7?). A guy could play 8 games in a week, do they count?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Draft day, I assume we click settings then the draft tab.

What's the Live Draft Lobby under the Fantasy Games tab? We don't go thru there do we?

You should get an email notification an hour before draft time. On the hone page, it will say something like "your draft is in progress. Click here to enter." When you click on that tab, it will take you to the draft board.

I don't think there is a game limit per week for regular position players. I will double check that to verify
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    ya know....I'd love to play with you degenerates....but my intense dislike of so many teams would put me in the dumper, for sure. d**gers on my fantasy team? not a fucking chance.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    hey scott.....I just thought of your team name, if you haven't decided on one :no_mouth:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

hey scott.....I just thought of your team name, if you haven't decided on one :no_mouth:

Hahahahahaha
    imalive said:

ya know....I'd love to play with you degenerates....but my intense dislike of so many teams would put me in the dumper, for sure. d**gers on my fantasy team? not a fucking chance.

My team name is Dodgers Suck. Team abbreviation is FULA. Not very creative but gets my point across. There will be zero Dodgers on my team. Hopefully there will be zero guys who have even ever worn a Dodger jersey.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    edited March 2015
    My favorite Giants Dodgers moment ever:

Marichal got him good
    Post edited by Amongst the Ani on
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Is the vote over? Draft time?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Right now, it's 6-3 for 6pm. I'm going to declare 6,/ the winner. Unfortunately, my work has forced me to work Sunday and I will be unavailable until 7. If everyone is ok with pushing it back an hour, it will start at 7. If this causes a huge problem, please let me know and I'll move it back to 6pm. Letme know please.

Right now, it's 6-3 for 6pm. I'm going to declare 6,/ the winner. Unfortunately, my work has forced me to work Sunday and I will be unavailable until 7. If everyone is ok with pushing it back an hour, it will start at 7. If this causes a huge problem, please let me know and I'll move it back to 6pm. Letme know please.

I'll vote on that once the order is determined.

Seriously, I don't have an issue with 6 or 7.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

7 is fine with me as well.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle