Fantasy Baseball League 2015

Comments

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    lutwutch said:

Where in the app?

I just went through the app for the fist time this year. It looks like you can either accept or decline a trade, but you can't counter from the app. When you on the "my team" page, look towards the top on the right side. You will see a guy with a clock, push that. That will tell you of any trade proposals you have made, other made to you, and any ww claims you have out.

If you want to make a trade through the app, go to teams at the top. Click on the team you want to trade with and click propose trade at the top of the page. If you props a trade, you can type once you get to the submit page, you can click send email Comments and type what you want before you submit the trade.

I don't think you can send an email through the app. I know on the espn ffb app you can, but apparently they haven't updated the baseball app yet.
    edited March 2015
    I will say that I use the espn site on my phone or tablet more than I use the app. The app is good for simple lineup changes and adding players from the wire. I use the website on "view desktop" to make trade offers or if I want to send a particular team a message.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,552
    I sent trade offers yesterday on my phone and liked how easy it was. That stated, if I am around a laptop I prefer to use that. (Although I have only done ESPN for football previously, Yahoo is my normal baseball host.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I hate the yahoo fantasy apps and websites. I've been offered chances to be in good leagues and turned them down because they used yahoo. I think espn is much better at the fantasy than yahoo.
  • lutwutchlutwutch Ashburn, VA Posts: 180

I sent trade offers yesterday on my phone and liked how easy it was. That stated, if I am around a laptop I prefer to use that. (Although I have only done ESPN for football previously, Yahoo is my normal baseball host.)

Thanks. I will check it out.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth...

'92 Stanhope, '98 Washington, DC (VFC), '00 Merriweather Post, MD, '03 Nashville, TN, State College, PA, Holmdel, NJ, '04 Reading, PA (VFC), '05 Philadelphia, PA, 06 Camden, NJ, East Rutherford, NJ, '08 Camden, NJ (I and II), 09 Philadelphia, PA (II and III), '10 New York, NY, '13 Baltimore, MD, Charlottesville, VA, '16 Hampton, VA, Philadelphia II, 08 Newark, NJ (Vedder Solo), '16 TOTD Upper Darby (I)
    Most of my offers expire before I will be able to look at things on my laptop. Just know I will get back to all of you after this business trip ends.

'92 Stanhope, '98 Washington, DC (VFC), '00 Merriweather Post, MD, '03 Nashville, TN, State College, PA, Holmdel, NJ, '04 Reading, PA (VFC), '05 Philadelphia, PA, 06 Camden, NJ, East Rutherford, NJ, '08 Camden, NJ (I and II), 09 Philadelphia, PA (II and III), '10 New York, NY, '13 Baltimore, MD, Charlottesville, VA, '16 Hampton, VA, Philadelphia II, 08 Newark, NJ (Vedder Solo), '16 TOTD Upper Darby (I)
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,552
    lutwutch said:

Most of my offers expire before I will be able to look at things on my laptop. Just know I will get back to all of you after this business trip ends.

No problem you can send the same offer and I will reply. I know how it goes...have been on the road the last few weeks and it only gets crazier for the rest of the month.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648

not really use to the stats that are being used. Used to the "normal ones"

Which stats are the normal ones?
    well the main ones are Homeruns and batting average,
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

I gotchya. We can change that for next year if there are issues with the scoring this year. I guess this is a "see how it goes" year
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

I gotchya. We can change that for next year if there are issues with the scoring this year. I guess this is a "see how it goes" year
    Yes it is. I won't vote on keepers because this may be one and done for me. That said, I won't quit this year...you guys don't have to worry. I plan on making the playoffs.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    So am I. My offense is loaded!

well the main ones are Home runs and batting average,
    Yes, I am used to the more traditional scoring setup but this is interesting. Home Runs are still represented....instead of having a 1 for a single 2 for a double 3 for triple and 4 for home run each Base is worth 1. So the end result is the same.
    BA is not a stat here but you get points for hits and negative for Ks.

ESPN's base setup is a little different and that is what we started with for our scoring. I think it will still be lots of fun and the draft was crazy. If you had told me that I would pick SP with so many early picks and that I wouldn't pick Trout first I would tell you that you were crazy....but looking at the projected points scored Kershaw projects to score 716 and Trout 557. Will there be weeks that Kershaw goes 1x and Trout scores more? Yes...and maybe if I make playoffs this will haunt me. (Just like Kershaw haunts Dodger owners in playoffs/lol) I think for this league that top end pitching is going to be monster on the score sheet.

In my standard Yahoo leagues I sometimes dont take a single pitcher for the first 9-10 rounds in a 10 man league. Will see how this strategy changes helps/hurts me in this league.

well the main ones are Home runs and batting average,
    Yes, I am used to the more traditional scoring setup but this is interesting. Home Runs are still represented....instead of having a 1 for a single 2 for a double 3 for triple and 4 for home run each Base is worth 1. So the end result is the same.
    BA is not a stat here but you get points for hits and negative for Ks.

ESPN's base setup is a little different and that is what we started with for our scoring. I think it will still be lots of fun and the draft was crazy. If you had told me that I would pick SP with so many early picks and that I wouldn't pick Trout first I would tell you that you were crazy....but looking at the projected points scored Kershaw projects to score 716 and Trout 557. Will there be weeks that Kershaw goes 1x and Trout scores more? Yes...and maybe if I make playoffs this will haunt me. (Just like Kershaw haunts Dodger owners in playoffs/lol) I think for this league that top end pitching is going to be monster on the score sheet.

In my standard Yahoo leagues I sometimes dont take a single pitcher for the first 9-10 rounds in a 10 man league. Will see how this strategy changes helps/hurts me in this league.

That's why I spent the first 3 rounds going hitter then pitcher. I've never done that before. But I don't remember ever having the last pick in a baseball league.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,615
    So the 250 budget for free agents

Is that per week?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

ed243421 said:

Is that per week?

Pretty sure that's the year
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

ed243421 said:

Is that per week?

No, that is for the entire season. Spend wisely!!

You can acquire more through trades.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,615
    thanks
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I fucked up with my last pick and should have gone reliever for the bench. I'm going to run into issues with the 14 start per week rule. I have Yosmani Tomas up for trade for a very late drafted reliever if anyone is looking for another slugger. Everyone is raving about his power out here. Kid might be the real life Pedro Cerrano. Can't hit a curveball but will put a lot of fastballs into the stands. I think AZ is making a huge mistake putting him at 3rd. Stick him in Left Field for now and let him try and develop as a hitter. Ohh wait, they cant as they already have Trumbo who has horrible defense as well. AZ will be horrible but Goldschmit and Tomas should be good together and I think in the end they protect their investment and suck it up and put him in the outfield. I would rather try and go this route with a trade than waste a FA dollar on someone like Romo. If you have one extra reliever let me know.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Trumbo either hits a home run or strikes out. He's got huge power but can only hit a ball that's right down the middle. Anyway, I wish I had an extra reliever. I'd make a run for him.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    is this a chat room?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited March 2015
    imalive said:

is this a chat room?

What do you mean? The chat box that is on the league home page can be used. I think it would be easier to use the chat box than the forums here to negotiate trades. It's real time chat. Just email the league and ask who ever is available to go to the chat box.
    I believe once the season starts it will be easier to get a hold of people on espn. How many people have actually logged into their teams since the draft? Not many I would imagine.

Why is Rob even asking questions? Did I miss the part where he joined the league? Not complaining, he is a fellow Giants fan with the greatest Giants man cave ever which gives him a pass. Just a simple question.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cdysinge said:

I believe once the season starts it will be easier to get a hold of people on espn. How many people have actually logged into their teams since the draft? Not many I would imagine.

Why is Rob even asking questions? Did I miss the part where he joined the league? Not complaining, he is a fellow Giants fan with the greatest Giants man cave ever which gives him a pass. Just a simple question.

I may hire Rob as my GM
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

what the fuck is a chat box? anything like a cat box?

I fuck with you because I can....as I said, I can't do fantasy baseball....my team would be all Giants and I would be in DFL.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    DFL, I like that!
    imalive said:

I fuck with you because I can....as I said, I can't do fantasy baseball....my team would be all Giants and I would be in DFL.

This is on the league home page. It's a chat box powered by chat roll.

imalive said:

This is on the league home page. It's a chat box powered by chat roll.

kinda gay.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    lol.
    I cannot use that because I am not a Twatter or FaceTard member and I dont know what Chatroll is. I guess I could sign up for that so long as I only need to use it for baseball. I just rejected a trade and wrote a jackass reply - would probably have come off much better on FatRoll.

Lufty, sorry man, was not trying to be an a$$703e, was just calling it like I see it while being a wise acre at the same time.

In all seriousness though -- Leo-penis Miller is a horrid player and you should dump him right away. Don't even worry about picking up someone else yet, just release him.

(We can talk shit on each others teams, right? That is half the fun in fantasy sports I think.)
    edited March 2015
    Chat roll is easy to use and it only takes a minute to sign up. It doesn't throw any spam at you. I use it in several baseball and football leagues. It's just real time chat that is easier to use than email when talking trades.

And you don't need to be on Facebook or Twitter to register.
    I setup a new account without facebook or twitter. Its not bad.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle