Options

Irritating Office Behavior

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

wasa1971 said:

And the whole hump day thing on Wednesdays with the camels was funny two years ago when it first came out, but its just annoying now.

guy I work with does this every fucking wednesday. I don't even politely react anymore.

the traffic girl on the morning news does the "HUUUUUUmmmp-DA-ya!" in that low booming voice.

A lot of bathroom talk in this thread. I've got one that none of you have ever heard before.

We have a poop squatter in our office.

I haven't seen it myself but is has been confirmed..
    My friend went into the bathroom one time and happened to notice a pair of shoes were in a stall with no legs attached to them.

Confused about this, he walked by and glanced really quick between the cracks and there it was, the poop squatter. The guy had his feet on the edge(I'm guessing) of the toilet seat and was perched on there just squatting over the bowl. Gives me nightmares.

The two people who saw it went around the office and identified the poop squatter by his shoes.

https://www.squattypotty.com/

Buy him one, and leave it on his desk...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    ^^^^^ is the squatpotty RK approved? :lol:

I work with a guy who is constantly saying "let me show you how I do that."

I. Don't. Care. How. You. Do. It.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I don't keep much in the fridge we share here - a thing of soy sauce, a couple bottles of Asian and ginger-miso dressing. I've even told folks to help themselves if they want; I truly don't mind.

But when you use up the last of something, FUCKING TELL ME.

My spicy tuna salad just isn't the same without sesame dressing :bawling:
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    imalive said:

^^^^^ is the squatpotty RK approved? :lol:

I work with a guy who is constantly saying "let me show you how I do that."

I. Don't. Care. How. You. Do. It.

A friend of mine who has lived in china for many years now posted an article on facebook about the nature of human pooping, and how toilets atent natural, and how not one sqyater in hostory has ever had diverticulitis, etc. something to be said for squatting, i guess.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Some starfish lover at work completely fucked up a weeks worth of work I had done to setup a test. I don't know who yet but will find out. When I do there will be holy hell to pay.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    People who take something very simple ant twist it into something and makes it a big deal...aka, "planting gossip seeds"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    acronyms
    people that come in at 9:30, sit down to work at 10 after getting breakfast/coffee, pretend to work until 11, do one hour of work, take 2 hour lunches, then bullshit with co-workers until three, and leave at 5 on the dot
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Get_Right said:

acronyms
    people that come in at 9:30, sit down to work at 10 after getting breakfast/coffee, pretend to work until 11, do one hour of work, take 2 hour lunches, then bullshit with co-workers until three, and leave at 5 on the dot

We must work in the same office!!!
  • Options
    people who aren't anyone's boss yet speak to everyone like they are a subbordinate.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    speaker phones being used by one person. seriously, you aren't NEARLY as fucking important as you think you are. pick up the fucking phone.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    There's a woman in my office with the most demonic cackle I have ever heard. She's also a low talker on the phone, nothing wrong with that but all of a sudden this loud cackle will come out of nowhere and scares the shit outta me every time.
    Her daughter is a dancer for Britney Spears in Vegas and every time someone comes in asking about holidays to the USA, she HAS to tell them this. NOBODY CARES!!!
  • Options

people who aren't anyone's boss yet speak to everyone like they are a subbordinate.

I do that. Reason being is that the bosses don't and won't bc they are worried about hurting people's feelings. So everyone just does whatever they fuck they want, when they want, all day long. My job depends on everyone else doing their job, and when they all fuck around for 7 hours then suddenly want to get everything done from 4-5 (when I want to relax & wind down before going home), it pisses me right the fuck off. /rant
  • Options
    edited June 2015

speaker phones being used by one person. seriously, you aren't NEARLY as fucking important as you think you are. pick up the fucking phone.

What gets me even more than that is when you call someone and they keep YOU on speaker. Again, pick up the fucking phone! Or tell me when I'm on your speaker and someone else is sitting there.

Last time it happened was with our HR chick. I was ranting to her about something legit and overdue - was in the right, wasn't being rude or anything, just frustrated - and then one of the owners of the company chimes in. He was way supportive, but fuck me!

How about a heads-up out of courtesy?

• Options

I do that. Reason being is that the bosses don't and won't bc they are worried about hurting people's feelings. So everyone just does whatever they fuck they want, when they want, all day long. My job depends on everyone else doing their job, and when they all fuck around for 7 hours then suddenly want to get everything done from 4-5 (when I want to relax & wind down before going home), it pisses me right the fuck off. /rant
    well the person I am talking about has been with the company, to hear her talk, since she was a fetus, does next to zero, admits that, then claims to be busy when anyone asks her to do anything, and tells capable people who do their jobs well, how to do it, or how "it used to be done".

but I've been where you are, and I see your point. However, there's a way to go about it, and being a snarky know-it-all bitch isn't how.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonist said:

What gets me even more than that is when you call someone and they keep YOU on speaker. Again, pick up the fucking phone! Or tell me when I'm on your speaker and someone else is sitting there.

Last time it happened was with our HR chick. I was ranting to her about something legit and overdue - was in the right, wasn't being rude or anything, just frustrated - and then one of the owners of the company chimes in. He was way supportive, but fuck me!

How about a heads-up out of courtesy?

that's just EVIL. you ALWAYS tell someone immediately if anyone else is in the room AND you identify them, just so they don't say something out of turn in front of the wrong person.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    There is this other woman that works back here in the back, but she comes in at like 5 pm, so we don't see a lot of each other, but I try to be friendly, I said hi to her the other day....she just looked at me, and didn't responed, outright ignored me, and tonight, I had to ask if a route bag was ready, it was not, instead of just telling me no it's not ready yet, in nice laymens terms, she says int he snottiest way possible that it isn't ready and it's going to be a while....she's a total BITCH and for no reason....my boss even called her a wench tonight before he left....lol
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options

well the person I am talking about has been with the company, to hear her talk, since she was a fetus, does next to zero, admits that, then claims to be busy when anyone asks her to do anything, and tells capable people who do their jobs well, how to do it, or how "it used to be done".

but I've been where you are, and I see your point. However, there's a way to go about it, and being a snarky know-it-all bitch isn't how.
    Oh yeah, I know what you mean. We totally have one of those too. She likes to tell customers over the phone that she's been here for 27 years. And she says it loud enough to ensure everyone in the department hears her. She spends most of her day being combative with both customers and coworkers. It's like she wants to instigate and get into an argument, because she gets off on proving people wrong instead of just helping them out. She's the dept trainer by default, because she has the most seniority. She certainly doesn't have the most skill, but in her mind she does because she's been there longest. She's also the most reluctant to change, and when change occurs she likes to remind you (again) that she's been "doing it this way for 27 years" and it's going to be hard to adjust.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    So my main boss died.. His wife has now taken over the company. I loved working there originally. But lately it has been frustrating the FUCK out if me, because things just CHANGE on the fly every two seconds now. Like I've been cut down to two days a week, so I went and looked for subsudarial work to make up for the loss of hours, which is how I got the nanny job coming up. So I explain to her, ( my current boss) ' hey look I understand that you have to cut hours, but I have to make money to pay my bills, so I went and got a second job, so here's how this works..' And I explained the scheduling for the nanny job. She flipped the fuck out and yelled at me, because I 'wasn't going to be available but for evening hours at best Mon-Fri??' So this is week two of only weekend work.. And I had side jobs lined up all week along with Dr.s' apts and food stamps requirements etc. so she calls me Wednesday, while I'm mowing a client's yard, and first off tells me how irresponsible it is not to answer my
    Phone, when she's called repeatedly. Then she asked if I could work. I told her no I was still at one job there, and had another to do right after. She thought she hung up, but she didn't she sat and talked shit about me to her son for like five minutes, and I heard the whole thing. So she sees that the phone call is still live, and pucks it up, 'hello?' ' Yes, Miss Jean I heard what you think if me.. We'll talk when I get into work Sat.' So now I have to go deal with that shit! MAKE SURE YOU HANG UP BEFORE YOU COMMENCE TALKING SHIT!!!
  • Options
    Damn, WH. It'll be interesting to see how far her tail is between her legs when you speak with her.

Hope it goes well, and congrats on the new job!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

So my main boss died.. His wife has now taken over the company. I loved working there originally. But lately it has been frustrating the FUCK out if me, because things just CHANGE on the fly every two seconds now. Like I've been cut down to two days a week, so I went and looked for subsudarial work to make up for the loss of hours, which is how I got the nanny job coming up. So I explain to her, ( my current boss) ' hey look I understand that you have to cut hours, but I have to make money to pay my bills, so I went and got a second job, so here's how this works..' And I explained the scheduling for the nanny job. She flipped the fuck out and yelled at me, because I 'wasn't going to be available but for evening hours at best Mon-Fri??' So this is week two of only weekend work.. And I had side jobs lined up all week along with Dr.s' apts and food stamps requirements etc. so she calls me Wednesday, while I'm mowing a client's yard, and first off tells me how irresponsible it is not to answer my
    Phone, when she's called repeatedly. Then she asked if I could work. I told her no I was still at one job there, and had another to do right after. She thought she hung up, but she didn't she sat and talked shit about me to her son for like five minutes, and I heard the whole thing. So she sees that the phone call is still live, and pucks it up, 'hello?' ' Yes, Miss Jean I heard what you think if me.. We'll talk when I get into work Sat.' So now I have to go deal with that shit! MAKE SURE YOU HANG UP BEFORE YOU COMMENCE TALKING SHIT!!!

That is absolutely awful WH but try to keep in mind she is a grieving widow who now has to shoulder the responsibility of running the business her late husband had been mostly in control of. As a business owner she should be more respectful/understanding of the fact that her employees might not be able to stick around if she drastically reduces their hours, and she should have contingency plans in place for when someone quits or alters their availability due to picking up work elsewhere to compensate for the hours she cut. But as a human being going through the grieving process she might have been talking shit and losing her temper because she might be dealing with the 'anger' stage right now. I don't blame you if you are pissed off at her but try to find your compassion and remember her situation. Good luck!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    ldent42 said:

That is absolutely awful WH but try to keep in mind she is a grieving widow who now has to shoulder the responsibility of running the business her late husband had been mostly in control of. As a business owner she should be more respectful/understanding of the fact that her employees might not be able to stick around if she drastically reduces their hours, and she should have contingency plans in place for when someone quits or alters their availability due to picking up work elsewhere to compensate for the hours she cut. But as a human being going through the grieving process she might have been talking shit and losing her temper because she might be dealing with the 'anger' stage right now. I don't blame you if you are pissed off at her but try to find your compassion and remember her situation. Good luck!
    BelievE me I understand that. But she literally told her son that she only
    Kept me in there because she 'felt sorry' for me. That I was unreliable because everytime she's ever called to ask me to vibe in on days off I always have some other plan, or 'job'. And that she could see why the hospital fired me. I
    Plan to give her my two weeks notice today. I understand grieving. But I also understand and expect respect from an employer, especially when us employees have been carrying your store for you while you handled the legalities of a sudden death. She forgets I'm the one who did COR when his heart stopped at work.. That I came in many
    Many days in my days off, as long as I didn't have other jobs lined up. It was just wrong. And I don't care who you are or what you're going through.. You are responsible for every word that comes out of your mouth, and every action you take.. And I'm going through some fucked up shit right now too, but I'm not taking it out on her...
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    You are not wrong. Let us know how it went today.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

You are not wrong. Let us know how it went today.

Yea, what ani said. can't blame you. Given the circumstances I agree with your decision to give two weeks notice.

Here's to opening windows.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    people who don't know how to put a trash bag in a trash can. Don't just open the top and slip it over the opening...actually fluff open the bag so when I need to throw something away, the bag doesn't collapse on itself.

I know not necessarily 'office', but work related. I volunteer for a rescue group, which entails feeding and cleaning kitty kennels. We are also responsible for keeping the supply closet clean/tidy. The person before me did that, I was holding a dirty litter box, and was going to dump it in the can, but I noticed the bag wasn't really 'in' the can, so I was trying to find a place for the pan then try to fluff open the bag (which already had some gross paper towels in it already), just to dump used litter. The supply closet isn't very big to begin with.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    I think I said it before in this thread, but some guy who sits near me has a conference call on speaker phone for everyone in the area to hear. Amazes me how dumb and unaware people can be.
  • Options
    STOP STEALING MY FUCKING PENS YOU ASSHOLES....my pen cup is not labeled for public use!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

STOP STEALING MY FUCKING PENS YOU ASSHOLES....my pen cup is not labeled for public use!!!

I used to have the exact same problem lol

I literally put out a decoy pen cup and kept all MY pens in the drawer. SMH the things we have to do.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

PJSiren said:

I literally put out a decoy pen cup and kept all MY pens in the drawer. SMH the things we have to do.
    It's supervisors stealing my pens too...I know who it is...it's one of two people that are in here at night....I even wrote my name on this last one....it's so annoying...

Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    PJSiren said:

ldent42 said:

PJSiren said:

It's supervisors stealing my pens too...I know who it is...it's one of two people that are in here at night....I even wrote my name on this last one....it's so annoying...

Rub ink all over one of them. That will teach them.
  • Options

PJSiren said:

ldent42 said:

PJSiren said:

Rub ink all over one of them. That will teach them.
    Or get the clicky pens and take the springs out of them, when they go try to use them....*evil laugh*
    Keep the useable pens in your desk.

If it's dudes that are stealing pens, but the really frilly pens...the ones with feathers, and sparkles on them...they won't get stolen.

- Christopher McCandless