Options

what song or songs that most PJ fans love, that you can't stand to listen to?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626

PJ_Soul said:

Oh stop it you guys are a bunch of bullshit artist , i bet everyone of you will be grooving along to every single PJ song at your next PJ show you attend ......Even the one's you hate

Not true with YL, I mean I still stay because who the hell leaves a PJ concert early unless you don't have a choice but that is when I take pics of the band, check my email, text my sister to tell her they really have to stop playing this horrible song and just do my best to tune it out. I really hate it!
    Lol.
    I don't hate it, but I really really wish they'd retire it. I think just about everyone is at least bored of it as a closer.
    Wayne Gretzky remembered some inspiring advice every time he stepped on the ice. His father told him "Son, every game you play there is at least one person in the audience that has been waiting for this moment to see you play for their first time. Give them your show that they came for."
    Well it's good advice for Gretzky, because that one person wants the exact same thing that every other fan there wants. Not so when it comes to YLB.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh one more ...
    I don't like Eddie's Imagine.

It is one of the worst covers of that song that I've heard. I mean, it's not horrible, but compared to other amazing covers (Chris Cornell and A Perfect Circle come to mind) it's below average. But the sentiment behind it and the timing and purpose of it prop it up a bit - enough so that I am perfectly fine with it being the holiday single. It's basically just Eddie trying to make a point, so that's okay.
    Yes, beautiful sentiment. But I can't really listen to the song. Didn't even go for the free download.

BTW, I love YLB. :)
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,845

Oh stop it you guys are a bunch of bullshit artist , i bet everyone of you will be grooving along to every single PJ song at your next PJ show you attend ......Even the one's you hate

nope. when betterman started in winnipeg 05 i threw my hands in the air and shook my head. no groovin was had by me on that one.

That was then lets see you at your next show in 2016 ...
    no wonder they got rid of Seniority Ed must of seen you throwing your arms up in the air in disgust ....lol
    haha, I wasn't close enough to the stage. I wasn't in tenclub before that show.

and no, if it was the same next time....same thing. I'll dislike it. it's really not a terrible thing to not like a few songs of your favourite band. it's not like it ruined the show for me. I'm not one of those even flow snobs. LOL

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Ugh. Ole. That's my most hated PJ song of all time.... but i don't think many people like it.
    Whatchoo going to say? OLE!
    SMH.

I was actually excited when they played it in 2011. is the chorus a bit weird for a pj song? maybe, but I thought it was great live.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Not true with YL, I mean I still stay because who the hell leaves a PJ concert early unless you don't have a choice but that is when I take pics of the band, check my email, text my sister to tell her they really have to stop playing this horrible song and just do my best to tune it out. I really hate it!
    Lol.
    I don't hate it, but I really really wish they'd retire it. I think just about everyone is at least bored of it as a closer.
    Wayne Gretzky remembered some inspiring advice every time he stepped on the ice. His father told him "Son, every game you play there is at least one person in the audience that has been waiting for this moment to see you play for their first time. Give them your show that they came for."
    Well it's good advice for Gretzky, because that one person wants the exact same thing that every other fan there wants. Not so when it comes to YLB.
    actually, it's an excellent point. me? 5 pj shows. ZERO YLB. I'd love to hear it at least once.

a great quote from Almost Famous: "I find that one guy that isn't getting off, and I GET him off".

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I like YLB. I think it's not the song itself, it's just the predictability factor. The unpredictability of PJ's setlists is a huge factor, but their closers are the exception. Just a few closers used over and over and over, always in the same spot in the show, which is such a contrast to the rest of each show.... variety is the spice of life. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,831
    But.... in Milwaukee we got Baba as the 5th song!

I was momentarily worried that we were getting a really short show, but things just kept getting better from there :relieved:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,784

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Lol.
    actually, it's an excellent point. me? 5 pj shows. ZERO YLB. I'd love to hear it at least once.

a great quote from Almost Famous: "I find that one guy that isn't getting off, and I GET him off".

You can have one of my 5 YLBs....pick one please.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,784

But.... in Milwaukee we got Baba as the 5th song!

I was momentarily worried that we were getting a really short show, but things just kept getting better from there :relieved:

I'm rockin that boot tonight, so damn good.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    I DONT WANT TO SEE LIVE,JUST BREATHE..EVER AGAIN
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    I don't know if hardcore PJ fans love these but a lot of "casuals" do: Last Kiss and Sirens.

I do not.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Pilate
    Evacuation
    Big Wave
    World Wide Suicide
    Amongst The Waves
    The End
    Unemployable
    Sirens
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    I d love to see release close a show instead of the standard staples.
    Just breathe does suck big time but my wife loves it. So when she s happy at a pearl jam show that means I can go to more in the future. :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I'm not too familiar with the last couple of albums, but off the top of my head:

In My Tree
    Daughter
    Nothingman
    Sleight of Hand
    Garden
    Indifference
    Tremor Christ
    Sometimes
    Wishlist
    Low Light
  • Options

I'm not too familiar with the last couple of albums, but off the top of my head:

In My Tree
    Daughter
    Nothingman
    Sleight of Hand
    Garden
    Indifference
    Tremor Christ
    Sometimes
    Wishlist
    Low Light

:get_outta_here:
  • Options
    B.KutysB.Kutys Posts: 119
    elderly woman and betterman

both are horrible
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,535
    its very interesting, how much different are our ears..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,306
    Come Back. I just can't stand it, it doesn't sound like a PJ song to me and it's been removed from my ipod so it can't randomly come on and hurt my ears.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

its very interesting, how much different are our ears..

It is. It's like people aren't even hearing the same music, lol.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Rear view mirror.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Even Flow (As it's currently played live) and Jeremy. If I never hear Jeremy again (live or on the radio) I'd be okay with it....
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    PJ_Soul said:

I like YLB. I think it's not the song itself, it's just the predictability factor. The unpredictability of PJ's setlists is a huge factor, but their closers are the exception. Just a few closers used over and over and over, always in the same spot in the show, which is such a contrast to the rest of each show.... variety is the spice of life. :)

I think since they've toured Lightning Bolt, the sets have got a bit predictable. They've certainly become more formulaic. You know it's Pendulum to start and then a 'normal' opener followed by another slow/mid tempo song. Then bam! The faster songs start for a bit. Corduroy will be with LB and/or MYM. Even Flow and Sirens are now clubbed together. Ending the main set will be Porch or RVM. A couple of 'camp fire' songs will open first encore. Then a few more faster songs with RVM or Porch or Betterman to close the encore. Then the final songs of the second encore will be Alive, RIFTW and/or YL most of the time with Indifference normally the other closer.

I'm not complaining - the shows since Fall '13 have been incredible and they have upped the stakes certainly but I do feel there's more of a formula/predictability now.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I think since they've toured Lightning Bolt, the sets have got a bit predictable. They've certainly become more formulaic. You know it's Pendulum to start and then a 'normal' opener followed by another slow/mid tempo song. Then bam! The faster songs start for a bit. Corduroy will be with LB and/or MYM. Even Flow and Sirens are now clubbed together. Ending the main set will be Porch or RVM. A couple of 'camp fire' songs will open first encore. Then a few more faster songs with RVM or Porch or Betterman to close the encore. Then the final songs of the second encore will be Alive, RIFTW and/or YL most of the time with Indifference normally the other closer.

I'm not complaining - the shows since Fall '13 have been incredible and they have upped the stakes certainly but I do feel there's more of a formula/predictability now.
    Have to disagree somewhat, just because my LB show opened with Oceans, then into Can't Keep, but as far as that formula goes, yeah, generally that's how it goes, but that isn't what I was talking about. I mean the actual songs they play. Sure, of course there are a few staples, but generally PJ's setlists are wildly diverse compared to pretty much every other band in the world. Except for their opener (i know they used Pendulum as an opener a lot for the first half of their LB tour, but they pulled back from that I think and got more retire again).
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

Thank You
  • Options
    boyo79 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I agree.Also I think too many LB songs on any one set list.And enough of the solo Ed stuff also.If there is time for 5-6 LB songs then we should be able to dial it back and get some true classics.
  • Options
    callen said:

Rear view mirror.

Yeah,I am with Ya here.I like it,but ehhhh
  • Options

Is this for real?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    smarchee said:

Pilate
    Evacuation
    Big Wave
    World Wide Suicide
    Amongst The Waves
    The End
    Unemployable
    Sirens

Well, you've certainly nailed the true clunkers (well, most of them) on your list.

• Options
    rr165892 said:

boyo79 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I agree.Also I think too many LB songs on any one set list.And enough of the solo Ed stuff also.If there is time for 5-6 LB songs then we should be able to dial it back and get some true classics.
    I believe fans in Buffalo (myself included) had the "pleasure" of getting a record (?) nine LB songs - and that was before the album had been officially released!
  • Options
    On a new album tour, and i may be in the minority here, i want to hear as much of that new album as possible.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com