Options

what song or songs that most PJ fans love, that you can't stand to listen to?

Comments

• Options
    pjfaninindianapjfaninindiana Northeast Indiana Posts: 311
    boyo79 said:

Unthought Known
    Sirens

Agreed. Those are my two as well.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    SLEEPING BY MYSELF
    Sirens meh
    man of the hour
    tired of evolution now
    mankind always and forever- skip
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

FrankY59 said:

Anything released in the last 10-15 years.

With a handful of exceptions.

Soooo than what are you doing in the fan club...with 21000 posts?
    Best live band on the planet
    1st 5 albums were some of the best music ever released by any band.

And the reason for 21000 posts?

Because I come here, and I get to meet fascinating, fun, nice people like yourself.
    Nobody give a rats ass that you have 21,000 posts. Just saying.
    Speedy is cool, why all the hostility? is it necessary to dissect everything anyone says?
    Ah, you do know that speedy and I are friends right? And since you post a lot on the forums, I'm assuming you've seen speedys very own "I don't give a rats ass" posts before? No?
    Yeah, I was just fucking with you, LOL, sorry
  • Options
    ponytd said:

Johnny Guitar. In my opinion, their worst song

Yeah and many fans agree and it gets raked by the fans constantly
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049

FrankY59 said:

Anything released in the last 10-15 years.

With a handful of exceptions.

Soooo than what are you doing in the fan club...with 21000 posts?
    Best live band on the planet
    1st 5 albums were some of the best music ever released by any band.

And the reason for 21000 posts?

Because I come here, and I get to meet fascinating, fun, nice people like yourself.
    To think how much more energy you have to put towards a band you like more than 50% of their catalogue! Are they your favorite band?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    Oh stop it you guys are a bunch of bullshit artist , i bet everyone of you will be grooving along to every single PJ song at your next PJ show you attend ......Even the one's you hate
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    23scidoo said:

The fixer..oh gods..i hate this..

Me too. It's just sounds dumb IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Oh stop it you guys are a bunch of bullshit artist , i bet everyone of you will be grooving along to every single PJ song at your next PJ show you attend ......Even the one's you hate

I actually rolled my eyes and gave a sarcastic thumbs up when they played Last Kiss at a show I was at, lol..... but I did still do the clapping part, ha. I can't resist a good clap-along. :tongue:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I actually rolled my eyes and gave a sarcastic thumbs up when they played Last Kiss at a show I was at, lol..... but I did still do the clapping part, ha. I can't resist a good clap-along. :tongue:
    He hehehee :)
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094

nope. when betterman started in winnipeg 05 i threw my hands in the air and shook my head. no groovin was had by me on that one.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    Sirens. Automatic piss break.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

nope. when betterman started in winnipeg 05 i threw my hands in the air and shook my head. no groovin was had by me on that one.

That was then lets see you at your next show in 2016 ...
    no wonder they got rid of Seniority Ed must of seen you throwing your arms up in the air in disgust ....lol
    Post edited by josevolution on
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,365
    Why Go. It blows.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Comatose
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,968
    you guys are all wrong. just saying.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    Leatherman
    Ole
    Just never cared for them.
  • Options
    Ugh. Ole. That's my most hated PJ song of all time.... but i don't think many people like it.
    Whatchoo going to say? OLE!
    SMH.
  • Options

Leatherman
    Ole
    Just never cared for them.

totally agree, thrown Sweet Lew and Johnny Guitar and you have the only 4 Pearl Jam songs I honestly cannot listen to
  • Options
    Aw. I like Leatherman. :) ... but i guess that is the point. ;)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Aw. I like Leatherman. :) ... but i guess that is the point. ;)

yeah all you have to do is ask everyone what their favorite album is and you will get all kinds of different answers
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,547
    None
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Last Kiss
    Dirty Frank
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Oh one more ...
    I don't like Eddie's Imagine.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Evacuation I heard it live at my first show too. Just not a fan of it only song on Binaural I skip.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Oh one more ...

It is one of the worst covers of that song that I've heard. I mean, it's not horrible, but compared to other amazing covers (Chris Cornell and A Perfect Circle come to mind) it's below average. But the sentiment behind it and the timing and purpose of it prop it up a bit - enough so that I am perfectly fine with it being the holiday single. It's basically just Eddie trying to make a point, so that's okay.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh one more ...

It is one of the worst covers of that song that I've heard. I mean, it's not horrible, but compared to other amazing covers (Chris Cornell and A Perfect Circle come to mind) it's below average. But the sentiment behind it and the timing and purpose of it prop it up a bit - enough so that I am perfectly fine with it being the holiday single. It's basically just Eddie trying to make a point, so that's okay.
    You genuinely like APC's version of imagine? I've never been able to get through the whole thing it bugs me so much.

To the list, with the exception of Ten, Vs, and Riot Act, I don't like the closing songs on PJ records. And Ole is unlistenable, agreed! It's unfortunate that song happened.

The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836

Not true with YL, I mean I still stay because who the hell leaves a PJ concert early unless you don't have a choice but that is when I take pics of the band, check my email, text my sister to tell her they really have to stop playing this horrible song and just do my best to tune it out. I really hate it!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Oh one more ...

You genuinely like APC's version of imagine? I've never been able to get through the whole thing it bugs me so much.

To the list, with the exception of Ten, Vs, and Riot Act, I don't like the closing songs on PJ records. And Ole is unlistenable, agreed! It's unfortunate that song happened.

Yeah, i really like APC's cover because it's so different. I really don't see the point of cover songs unless it's so beautiful it is at least as good as the original or, preferably, better, or it's so different that it feels like almost a different song altogether (APC's version). Otherwise, I consider covers more like karaoke. And EV's Imagine falls under that category for me.
  • Options

Not true with YL, I mean I still stay because who the hell leaves a PJ concert early unless you don't have a choice but that is when I take pics of the band, check my email, text my sister to tell her they really have to stop playing this horrible song and just do my best to tune it out. I really hate it!
    Lol.
    I don't hate it, but I really really wish they'd retire it. I think just about everyone is at least bored of it as a closer.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Lol.
    I don't hate it, but I really really wish they'd retire it. I think just about everyone is at least bored of it as a closer.
    Wayne Gretzky remembered some inspiring advice every time he stepped on the ice. His father told him "Son, every game you play there is at least one person in the audience that has been waiting for this moment to see you play for their first time. Give them your show that they came for."