Options

Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,530
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    The music of the spheres..

https://youtu.be/-MmWeZHsQzs
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes
    Again, if this is evidence then Brahma and Vishnu and all the characters must be real right?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Again, if this is evidence then Brahma and Vishnu and all the characters must be real right?

Yes, but there aren't gods..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

It's a fun thought for sure, but it isn't evidence.
    Where are they now? The government couldn't keep an advanced race from revealing themselves.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

Where are they now? The government couldn't keep an advanced race from revealing themselves.
    On your first question, the answer is..i have no idea..but i could suggest a couple of things if you like..
    about your second, which government you mean??..USA??..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    Yes
    rgambs said:

23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

I always thought this too. then I was talking with someone, or I read something, can't recall, but the idea was put to me that just because they are advanced, doesn't mean they are advanced in EVERY WAY. Maybe they have unlocked the mysteries of intergalactic travel, but maybe they are little weaklings with no weapons. or a strictly peaceful race. really, the possibilities are endless. who knows.

But I still agree. it's highly unlikely that any government on earth could keep ET a secret.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

I always thought this too. then I was talking with someone, or I read something, can't recall, but the idea was put to me that just because they are advanced, doesn't mean they are advanced in EVERY WAY. Maybe they have unlocked the mysteries of intergalactic travel, but maybe they are little weaklings with no weapons. or a strictly peaceful race. really, the possibilities are endless. who knows.

But I still agree. it's highly unlikely that any government on earth could keep ET a secret.

Well maybe they haven't kept it a secret. A lot of people seem to think they exist and feel like there is some evidence suggesting so. It's just that the government denies it, and a lot of citizens ignore them or dismiss them as wackos. It's possible the government is just doing a good job of convincing people the evidence isn't true. :scream:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

Well maybe they haven't kept it a secret. A lot of people seem to think they exist and feel like there is some evidence suggesting so. It's just that the government denies it, and a lot of citizens ignore them or dismiss them as wackos. It's possible the government is just doing a good job of convincing people the evidence isn't true. :scream:
    all I mean is I don't believe the government could control an alien race that was able to visit here. I think they'd be able to come and go as they please. they might be complicit, but I would find it hard to believe they are control.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

all I mean is I don't believe the government could control an alien race that was able to visit here. I think they'd be able to come and go as they please. they might be complicit, but I would find it hard to believe they are control.

Which government? Do aliens know to only reveal themselves to US government officials, knowing that the US government will apparently be complicit in keeping them hidden? Or have these aliens visited other countries in the world, and all of those governments are working together to keep this a secret?

No chance this would be kept secret in one country through various administrations, let alone kept secret by many countries with significantly differing ideologies. It just couldn't happen. It's hard for 3 people to keep a secret. No way hundreds/thousands of people working for various governments could. I don't buy it.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

I don't understand why you're assuming an alien race would want to come and disrupt us in that way. How come you think they'd be doing anything that needs "controlling".
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

I don't understand why you're assuming an alien race would want to come and disrupt us in that way. How come you think they'd be doing anything that needs "controlling".
    I'm not. I'm saying that humans wouldn't be able to tell aliens, good or bad, what they can or can't do, and to keep from mass hysteria and WW3 from happening, they keep it from the general public and let the aliens do as they wish.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Yes
    jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

Which government? Do aliens know to only reveal themselves to US government officials, knowing that the US government will apparently be complicit in keeping them hidden? Or have these aliens visited other countries in the world, and all of those governments are working together to keep this a secret?

No chance this would be kept secret in one country through various administrations, let alone kept secret by many countries with significantly differing ideologies. It just couldn't happen. It's hard for 3 people to keep a secret. No way hundreds/thousands of people working for various governments could. I don't buy it.
    I'm not saying anything is factual here, just thinking out loud.

No, I don't think necessarily that aliens would know exactly who to reveal themselves to, but does the average human have the necessary equipment in their bedrooms to detect aircraft that is not of this earth? no, the government does. they have power of discovery. citizens can see things, even record things, but beyond that, not a whole lot can be done. and they can be brushed off as "nutso" (as PJ Soul can attest in this very thread), or having seen a "unexplained natural phenomina" or whatever.

All I'm saying is that anything is possible. there's no way to come up with every possible scenario for any alien conspiracy. who the hell knows.......Brangelina could be the king and queen of the Illuminati and control all the major banks and governments of the world for all I know.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    All this years they didn't save Earth from asteroids????..WTF is that?????

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/13/world/nasa-planetary-defense/
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Both sides are happy with this deal..
    they doing their things, we take the crumbs..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    23scidoo said:

I am glad they are thinking about this. I am actually scared (like at a normal.normal . sane level, lol) about a huge asteroid hitting Earth. I hope they get better at detecting and stopping them though. I hope they actually figure out how to redirect an asteroid that is going to end life on Earth or something terrible like that. I have seen some of their ideas... stuff like huge satellite with giant sails on them that latch onto an asteroid and change its path, shit like that. None of it seems particularly realistic yet.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

I am glad they are thinking about this. I am actually scared (like at a normal.normal . sane level, lol) about a huge asteroid hitting Earth. I hope they get better at detecting and stopping them though. I hope they actually figure out how to redirect an asteroid that is going to end life on Earth or something terrible like that. I have seen some of their ideas... stuff like huge satellite with giant sails on them that latch onto an asteroid and change its path, shit like that. None of it seems particularly realistic yet.
    PJSoul, that was something they allready did all this years..why they need a ''planetary defense'' office????..why they make it ''official''????..do you remember the other news, about the ''alien ambassador''..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:

PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

PJSoul, that was something they allready did all this years..why they need a ''planetary defense'' office????..why they make it ''official''????..do you remember the other news, about the ''alien ambassador''..
    Yeah, I'm not biting on this conspiracy theory. I see nothing strange about this office, given that NASA has indeed slowly been increasing it's focus on dealing with comets and asteroids as new technologies become available. I assume this is just another small step in that area.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

PJ_Soul said:

23scidoo said:

Yeah, I'm not biting on this conspiracy theory. I see nothing strange about this office, given that NASA has indeed slowly been increasing it's focus on dealing with comets and asteroids as new technologies become available. I assume this is just another small step in that area.
    It's like police announce, they gonna greate a special office for the bank robberies..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/mYHub2eUgrY
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Yes
    Stephen Hawking said it best when he said we can only look at ourselves to see that an alien race from another planet is probably not a group we would ever want to meet.
    I think it could exist, but doubt that it has ever actually come to earth before.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    Yes

Stephen Hawking said it best when he said we can only look at ourselves to see that an alien race from another planet is probably not a group we would ever want to meet.
    I think it could exist, but doubt that it has ever actually come to earth before.

no doubt. can you imagine if we found a inhabited planet that we could get to that contained rich rousources? we'd no doubt drain it dry for our own gain.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

no doubt. can you imagine if we found a inhabited planet that we could get to that contained rich rousources? we'd no doubt drain it dry for our own gain.
    Maybe that is what they doing..

https://youtu.be/HpbKJGyd23U
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.