Options

Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,829
    23scidoo said:

And the video from ''alien autopsy'' was fake, but that dosen't mean nothing happen in Roswell..

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/12/octopuses-are-aliens-scientists-decide-after-dna-study-5339123/

And then we have an article from an actual, reliable, scientific source - Nature - which shows that the "alien" comment was, of course, a joke. That shouldn't take away from an appreciation of the amazing and complex beauty that is an octopus; rather, it should remind us how fantastic the process of evolution is.

http://www.nature.com/news/octopus-genome-holds-clues-to-uncanny-intelligence-1.18177
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    No
    23scidoo said:

And the video from ''alien autopsy'' was fake, but that dosen't mean nothing happen in Roswell..

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/12/octopuses-are-aliens-scientists-decide-after-dna-study-5339123/

but it does add more doubt than support.

Godfather.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    No
    The answer is still no.
  • Options
    No

The answer is still no.

I'll double down on that with a big hellllll noooooo LOL !

Godfather.

• Options
    No
    from another demition of space comes the "SAVING ALIENS" ....saving a planet near you this summer.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/08/14/apollo-14-astronaut-claims-peace-loving-aliens-prevented-nuclear-war-on-earth/?intcmp=hpff

Godfather.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,530
    edited August 2015
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Yes

Show me some evidence and I'll gladly embrace the possibility of extraterrestrial life. In the absence of evidence, I'm going to assume that the universe is so vast that for me to even hazard to guess on something like this would be rather arrogant.

Believing you're on the only planet with intelligent life in all that universe is fucking arrogant. Hazard a guess why don't ya. And I gotta rip you another one; your first sentence makes no logical sense. "Show me some evidence and I'll gladly embrace the possibility"...?? SHOW ME EVIDENCE.... EMBRACE THE POSSIBILITY???? Damn son! You're a confused mah'fck.

Crap: I forgot to vote. I believe intelligent lifeforms exist out there beyond what originated on planet Earth. We are way to insignificant of a solar system in the realm of the entire fucking universe to be the only planet with god damn fuckin life on it. YES: fuckin aliens exist. But not how they're portrayed on the fucking TV. That's why I don't like the way the poll is worded. I don't believe in the human-invented version of skinny, gangly bastards with big googly eyes flying around in saucers. That shit is made up by dead people. Now: who wants to tear me a new asshole? I'm kind of tired and in a cocky mood feeling super powerful behind my laptop where no one can touch me. And I'm off to bed and never stepping foot in here again oh shit i lied. Now for some real fucking words of wisdom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_RpbaUU7NI
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    No
    evsgjamm said:

Show me some evidence and I'll gladly embrace the possibility of extraterrestrial life. In the absence of evidence, I'm going to assume that the universe is so vast that for me to even hazard to guess on something like this would be rather arrogant.

Believing you're on the only planet with intelligent life in all that universe is fucking arrogant. Hazard a guess why don't ya. And I gotta rip you another one; your first sentence makes no logical sense. "Show me some evidence and I'll gladly embrace the possibility"...?? SHOW ME EVIDENCE.... EMBRACE THE POSSIBILITY???? Damn son! You're a confused mah'fck.

Crap: I forgot to vote. I believe intelligent lifeforms exist out there beyond what originated on planet Earth. We are way to insignificant of a solar system in the realm of the entire fucking universe to be the only planet with god damn fuckin life on it. YES: fuckin aliens exist. But not how they're portrayed on the fucking TV. That's why I don't like the way the poll is worded. I don't believe in the human-invented version of skinny, gangly bastards with big googly eyes flying around in saucers. That shit is made up by dead people. Now: who wants to tear me a new asshole? I'm kind of tired and in a cocky mood feeling super powerful behind my laptop where no one can touch me. And I'm off to bed and never stepping foot in here again oh shit i lied. Now for some real fucking words of wisdom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_RpbaUU7NI
    try to go poop sweetheart...you'll feel better, but keep an eye out for those E.T's anyway.

Godfather.

• Options
    No
    evsgjamm said:

Yea, show me some evidence and I'll consider the possibility as well. What's arrogant is knowing for a fact the universe has other intelligent life with absolutely zero proof. I'd consider the possibility that god exists before I believe there is intelligent life in the universe.
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes
    23scidoo said:
    So are there Minotaur aliens out there? What about Centaurs? If that figurine is evidence, so are all the other made up beasts and monsters.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    No

evsgjamm said:

Yea, show me some evidence and I'll consider the possibility as well. What's arrogant is knowing for a fact the universe has other intelligent life with absolutely zero proof. I'd consider the possibility that god exists before I believe there is intelligent life in the universe.
    yes sir !

Godfather.

• Options
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    rgambs said:

23scidoo said:
    So are there Minotaur aliens out there? What about Centaurs? If that figurine is evidence, so are all the other made up beasts and monsters.
    Minotaur and Centaurs are ''Gods'' experiments..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:
    Minotaur and Centaurs are ''Gods'' experiments..
    Well, God came from the sky and people made figurines, so God must be an alien visitor.
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Yes
    23scidoo said:
    So where do you draw the line? Do humans not have the power to imagine creatures that don't exist?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    No
    Never mind.

• Options
    rgambs said:

23scidoo said:
    So where do you draw the line? Do humans not have the power to imagine creatures that don't exist?
    Let's said one more time..All the ancient civilizations, from different time periods and with thousands of miles distance between them, they all said the same story..the ''Gods'' who came from the sky and teach the humans..and some of religions said the same thing..
    so, our ancestors are smart enough to build all those monuments and constructions around the world, but when we talk about their beliefs, we think they are idiots who believe in the sun and in the fire..
    Sorry, but Plato is the father of philosophy, but when he talks about Zeus and Atlantis, he is untruthful??..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Yes
    Anywhere there is a star with rock planets orbiting in the habitable zone around the star, there is probably no doubt that there are living creatures there. Then when you take the amount of stars that man can see the odds are probably incredible that there is life.

Intelligent? No clue. I don't think humans are that intelligent in the grand scale of the universe. We are pretty much ruining our own ability to survive in this habitat. Bugs and lizards will long outlast us, not to mention they long precede us. Humans are most likely a flash in the pan in the grand scheme of things.
    Post edited by Dr.Teeth and the Electric Mayh on
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,829
    ^^^^ I like the Flatwoods Monster - looks like a chubby KKK member.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

^^^^ I like the Flatwoods Monster - looks like a chubby KKK member.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,257
    Yes
    I think they exist, but I doubt the ability of living beings to be able to travel between the stars. Thus I'm not convinced we've been visited by them. There's so many clusters of galaxies, filled with so many galaxies, full of so many stars, with so many planets, than it would be hard to believe none of them have life on them.
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    No
    Zod said:

I think they exist, but I doubt the ability of living beings to be able to travel between the stars. Thus I'm not convinced we've been visited by them. There's so many clusters of galaxies, filled with so many galaxies, full of so many stars, with so many planets, than it would be hard to believe none of them have life on them.

we (humans) have landed on the moon, landed a roover on mars and it returned photo's, the hubble telescope returns pictures from light years away, you can see the light of the luxor in las vegas from space, capable of traveling faster than the speed of sound, created cars and public transportation that ran on electricty back in the early 1900's, we can communicate with clearity anywhere in the world (phone call to the moon) the romans actually had governments BC, acient egyptians harnessed electrical power in crude clay batteries, archamites created what was believed to be the first computer, davincie invisioned flight and desinged the principles of war machines that are in use today....but we can't get proof of other worldly beings ...maybe we are all there is, just because space is so vast does not mean other human like life is out there and so far with all we humans have accomplished nobody has proven beyond reasonable doubt that ET life exist......there mybe good reason for that.

Godfather.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612
    GF, the amount of space that humans have explored is so small it's almost non-existent. Including everything you mention here, the amount of space that humans have discovered is about equivalent to one single grain of sand out of the entire Sahara desert. Less. So using the fact that we've seen nothing is meaningless. Also, who said anything about "human-like" life?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Zod said:

we (humans) have landed on the moon, landed a roover on mars and it returned photo's, the hubble telescope returns pictures from light years away, you can see the light of the luxor in las vegas from space, capable of traveling faster than the speed of sound, created cars and public transportation that ran on electricty back in the early 1900's, we can communicate with clearity anywhere in the world (phone call to the moon) the romans actually had governments BC, acient egyptians harnessed electrical power in crude clay batteries, archamites created what was believed to be the first computer, davincie invisioned flight and desinged the principles of war machines that are in use today....but we can't get proof of other worldly beings ...maybe we are all there is, just because space is so vast does not mean other human like life is out there and so far with all we humans have accomplished nobody has proven beyond reasonable doubt that ET life exist......there mybe good reason for that.

Godfather.
    I have dropped this interesting tidbit off before, I think you may like it.
    http://scaleofuniverse.com/
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.