Options

FAKE LISTING - DO NOT PURCHASE

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,452
    It's odd to me that the OP only posted on this thread after somebody went to the trouble of calling his parents house.

A hacked paypal account? Maybe. A hacked pearl jam account and mailing out some items? Pretty far fetched.

To those who got a tracking number... did the shipment originate out of the OP's hometown?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,452
    Your finances and credit were "attacked" but you had no idea until your pearl jam account was hacked? Your bank or credit card companies didn't alert you to the fraud but the ten club did? Seems fishy.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    andrew68 wrote: »
    so.....WHO SENT THE VITALOGY BOOK??????

• Options
    so.....WHO SENT THE VITALOGY BOOK??????

answer the question claire!!!
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    This is by far the fucken strangest thread that I've ever seen. Holyfuck, where's Sherlock when you need him?
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    edited February 2015
    Seriously. Who sent the book? This is one of the most elaborate stories I've ever heard. Account hacked. Took some pictures of your stuff. Sold some things. Shipped some things. Got money. Didn't send the rest. Then one day, decided to come on here to see what's going on. Noticed you have a billion PM's. Then realized your account was hacked, someone called you parents. Then someone decided to go after your bank info after weeks of posing as you and sorta selling stuff.
    What did your parents say?
    Post edited by I'm a Truck on
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,545
    Would have been more plausible to say a jilted Ex did it, or I would have also accepted a gambling problem.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    58793196.jpg
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    58793196.jpg

+1
    I got it, and it had his return address
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    This is one crazy story.

What hacker would know this guy & PJ merch so well (to the point where he sent an EV signed book to get the word out and sell more--Ponzi style) that he would go to a band's message board and post fake sales?? This is insane.

Supernaut1125, has PayPal told you where the money from your PayPal account went? Do you have any proof that your other finances were hacked? Not doubting you, but sharing more facts may help people believe you. If it's true, we all need to be more vigilant about our accounts.

Damn.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Man this is a really sad thread to read. If you posted you got the #1 poster in the merch thread and then said hacker posted pictures of it on here to sell... went into the thread where people were mad about the price to say thanks to the dude for sticking up for you...

Things happen - but if I had access to your financials the last thing I would do is log into a PJ message board and sell things that require some knowledge of the band.

Hope things end up OK for everyone who put money out as a friends/family payment -- like I said earlier this is going to make deals on here more difficult for everyone for the foreseeable future since this will hang over everyone's doubts about trusting each other.
  • Options
    Wish the guy would just come on here, fess up, apologize for what he did, and send everyone back their cash. I think it would go a long way. While people will still be pissed, it would put an end to it. Even if people do get their money back from PayPal, the scam shit will always be discussed. At least taking responsibility will put an end to it.
    Sometimes you have to man up when you do stupid shit.
  • Options
    don white? any perspective offered here?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,545
    I'll pitch in $25 to a refund process if the OP admits what he did and starts to send back all the funds.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    VedderMTLVedderMTL Montreal, Canada Posts: 1,401
    Can't wait for people to see him at concerts.
  • Options
    Does anybody know this guy personally?
  • Options
    null

I was thinking about. This one doesn't have shit on what he did.
  • Options
    fuck null
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    Null is an asshole.
  • Options
    This whole thing seems pretty fishy. That Eddie signature seems a little suspect to me. I would have to say it's a fake signature. Call his parents again
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    garland09 wrote: »
    This whole thing seems pretty fishy. That Eddie signature seems a little suspect to me. I would have to say it's a fake signature. Call his parents again

on further review, I agree. the "d"s all look really choppy and I don't think he would ever sign that big. whoever signed it tried to get the E and V right and scribbled the rest.

I still can't believe that this hacker just happened to be enough of a PJ fan to know so much about the band/merch! Crazy.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Because there was no hacker. The hacker sent the book from from the OP home address
  • Options
    Twitter account vanished
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,792
    it's in the authorities hands now....local police of all of us who were scammed, local police of the OP, FTC and since it's international the federal authorities as well

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    it's in the authorities hands now....local police of all of us who were scammed, local police of the OP, FTC and since it's international the federal authorities as well
    That's what needs to happen, the authorities will be able to get to the bottom line and find out the truth, and the truth is in the IP address in which these sale items were posted. Hopefully they get to the bottom of this all for everyone involved, threads like this are horrible to see in this forum!
    Everyone needs to keep it clean so this thread will not be closed!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    This guys gone. He's not gonna show his face around here anymore. Someone's gonna have to take legal action against him. Maybe u guys can have some kind of class action together? What a dick. To even try to make an excuse like this. Wow. Dudes a real class act.
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,792
    We have the IP address as do the authorities
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    Null is an asshole.

Halts Null!!!
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    We have the IP address as do the authorities

Hopefully something will happen out of this so it doesent ever happen again in the future!

Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,446
    I live in Toronto canada and got screwed $200 from a member that lives in Arizona and has not signed in since March 2014. But I hear he's on Facebook selling, buying and trading going to showed with my money.
    is there nothing Ten Club can do about The members in their club?
This discussion has been closed.