Options

FAKE LISTING - DO NOT PURCHASE

Comments

• Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    Don't forget called his parents.
  • Options
    They skipped bank and credit card info and went straight to the good stuff. His Pearl Jam account.
  • Options
    Hahahahahahah sorry. Dude. I'll go back to keeping my mouth shut.
  • Options
    They skipped bank and credit card info and went straight to the good stuff. His Pearl Jam account.
    =))
    Thanks for that. First time I've smiled about this whole thing in a week.
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    Posting here=priceless
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    this is unfortunate, but the guy needs to step up and come clean and make things right.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,548
    null

The fake EV signature is laughable.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I can't really laugh - over $1000 dollars was taken fraudulently from the good people of this forum.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    :^o 8-| :-w b-(
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,307
    this is nuts!
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Fucken truck cracks me up. =)) sorry guys, but he did put some humor in a shitty thread.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    wwsuicide wrote: »
    this is nuts!

Nuts and Bolts... Whew, just glad I sat out buying anything the past couple months. Probably would have thrown money into this shitstorm too. Sorry for you guys... Good luck.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    All good, guy's a complete liar. Like truck said, im sure someone would take the time to hack your paypal account and then instead of going on a spending spree with your bank account and/or CCs, they head straight for a rock band's website to sell products they have no knowledge of...oh but wait, they hacked his EB account too! Now they can look up prices to very specific posters and list them for sale...
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,792
    @supernaut1125

WHO MAILED THE VITALOGY BOOK ?

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    andrew68 wrote: »
    @supernaut1125

WHO MAILED THE VITALOGY BOOK ?

and that as well
  • Options
    Oh shit, the plot thickens.....
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    It was colonel mustard in the library with the candlestick.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149

Sniff

Sniff

This doesn't pass the smell test.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    so i don't know how to begin this... i originally called the OP out for fishy wording when this thread first posted. he's made some changes along the way, and it appeared that a few buyers met satisfaction. i openly admit, i made a purchase from the OP. transaction went smoothly, i got what i paid for, as described. i am by no means defending his actions, nor am i saying that i have any inkling to his motivation in selling. furthermore, i am not saying that the most recent tale woven is close to fact act all, as i have no idea about described circumstances. i hate to see things like this happen, it sickens me. to that point i would say, those who are having an issue, please keep the rest of us informed of the resolution progress. i've seen this happen a few times over the course of years, and i'd say that the people who engage in this type of behavior are definitely in the minority of members here. i am not going to engage in a public debate about this specific instance, but i invite anyone involved here to contact me via PM with any questions concerning my dealing in this matter. OP, make this right.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Oh this just sucks. Sorry to all who got ripped off - nothing like sewing the seeds of distrust for fans who might make future deals on here.

I hope this gets straightened out quickly and refunds come through.

FWIW - the OP sent me a picture of the EV book so I could post a picture on here.That was sent from: stephen simon <smsimon1125@yahoo.com>

That email had been forwarded to me and was originally sent to Sephen from a different email address, so maybe that's why the book was actually sent while nothing else was?
  • Options
    He says that is not his real not his email address. Look at his last post. It's Supernaut6011@gmail.com.
  • Options
    A person cannot accidentally commit wire fraud. In order to secure a conviction, federal prosecutors must show that a defendant acted with the intent to fraudulently deprive someone of money, property, or something of value.

Wire fraud crimes involve schemes to defraud. A scheme to defraud is a plan a person employs that uses a statement, promise, misrepresentation, deception, or any other kind of falsehood designed to deprive a victim of something of value.

A person convicted of wire fraud faces significant potential penalties. A single act of wire fraud can result in fines and up to 20 years in prison
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Wow, makes me sad to see this thread.....there are many great people who I trust on these boards that would give the shirt off their back if you asked them and I would pay with "family and friends" in a heartbeat, but this is proof that if you don't know someone at all then pay the small % to paypal, what is a couple more dollars!! I feel bad for everyone who got bend over without any lube..... I hope everyone involved gets all of this settled and either get their merch or get their money back!!!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    What a story is this. Hope it works out for everyone and I hope he speaks the truth about this isn't his fault. I trust everyone on here, we all love the same band and we're part of the family.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    If I was involving in a hacking scam like this I would be mortified. Most definitely alert the authorities and regardless of how busy my life was I would make it my business to constantly check back here and deal with comments levelled at me to clear my name. There is none of that going on....

where there is smoke......
  • Options
    And another thing, shouldn't the OP be getting all these responses in his email? It should've been notifying him every time someone posts in here.
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,307
    badbrains wrote: »
    And another thing, shouldn't the OP be getting all these responses in his email? It should've been notifying him every time someone posts in here.
    I think you have to select to have that option in your profile....i think...
  • Options
    What about PayPal? They email me within seconds of getting money.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Sucks for those who are burned. Like someone said, gross up the amount due for the fees if the seller is hell bent on using friends and family (or just don't buy it).

I've only been burned once on this board but luckily I was only out the $30 it cost to buy the stickers and pins that I sent and was selling for cost. I shipped before payment and the dude hasn't logged in since October.
  • Options
    The more and more I read about using good and services only covers paypal side. It is still wire fraud no matter how you look at it.
This discussion has been closed.