Options

FAKE LISTING - DO NOT PURCHASE

Comments

• Options
    MB58788MB58788 Posts: 167
    What's also weird is I sent him a PM about the guitar pick and he responded saying the Moline print was sold. Maybe he was just confused on who he was responding to?
  • Options
    MB58788 wrote: »
    What's also weird is I sent him a PM about the guitar pick and he responded saying the Moline print was sold. Maybe he was just confused on who he was responding to?

He came back a few days later and said the person who was going to buy the pick hasn't payed him yet, so it was mine if I wanted it.
  • Options
    I hope everything works out on this. I payed for the Hartford show poster S/N. If it does not work out I will not even consider making purchases from this fourm anymore.
  • Options
    I've had good luck on trades, but this is my first PayPal transfer. Not too impressed so far.
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,792
    edited January 2015
    3 identical tracking numbers for 3 different purchasers

i
    Post edited by andrew68 on
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    If you paid via Goods and services you should be able to get your money back.
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    edited January 2015
    If you paid via Goods and services you should be able to get your money back.

Most didn't, me included.

Look, I think this is a scam, but some things just don't add up. I received 1 of the 2 things I bought from him. If it was a full-on scam, why send anything at all?? Secondly, he's been on here & EB for years, all with positive feedback. But he also sent at least 3 of us the same tracking number which is obviously a HUGE red flag.

Only excuse I can conjur is he had a personal or family emergency and has been unable to rectify anything. Might just be false hope...
  • Options
    in275569 wrote: »
    I hope everything works out on this. I payed for the Hartford show poster S/N. If it does not work out I will not even consider making purchases from this fourm anymore.

99.5% on here are 100% legit. Please don't let 1 potential bad seed ruin it for you. However, in the future, ALWAYS send money via paypal for goods & services. No more sending to family & friends for me.
  • Options
    in275569 wrote: »

99.5% on here are 100% legit. Please don't let 1 potential bad seed ruin it for you. However, in the future, ALWAYS send money via paypal for goods & services. No more sending to family & friends for me.

I'll be using Goods & Services from now on as well. Might take a while to get this bad taste out of my mouth though.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    $350.00 sent as family and friends

expensive lesson learned

• Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    andrew68 wrote: »
    expensive lesson learned

That sucks..
    Anybody get any responses from him?
    I haven't
  • Options
    branscop wrote: »
    expensive lesson learned

That sucks..
    I haven't

Nope, $200 down the hole
  • Options
    expensive lesson learned

That sucks..
    I haven't

Nope, $200 down the hole

No responses for me either. I feel bad for you guys, I gave him $45 for the McCready guitar pick. Small potatoes compared to the $200 and $350.
  • Options
    MB58788 wrote: »
    expensive lesson learned

That sucks..
    I haven't

Nope, $200 down the hole

No responses for me either. I feel bad for you guys, I gave him $45 for the McCready guitar pick. Small potatoes compared to the $200 and $350.

Well $150 for me. I actually received the Vitalogy book which doesn't make sense if you're gonna scam people anyway...
  • Options
    I feel bad for everyone who lost money to this douchebag...
  • Options
    He is a real person. Still lives at home with his parents if my research on his name he gave me. Age and name are the same.
  • Options
    Any ideas on what we can do, outside those who paid by PayPal for goods/services?
  • Options
    I was talking to my lawyer buddy and says I can take him to small claims court if he does not provide the services he intended to do. Based on my dm's that I saved saying I like to buy and him willing to sell and acknowledging he got the money for it. I have a case.
  • Options
    Yea but what does that cost? I've actually done that before, and even if you win there's absolutely no guarantee you get your $ back
  • Options
    There is. You file a writ of execution with a sheriff after you win your case then file a bank levy.
  • Options
    When I had to do this before, for a much larger amount, I did file a writ of execution. Never filed a bank levee, as I was never informed to. This was a while ago like 8-10 years.
  • Options
    After the 10 years have passed you can ask the Court to renew your Judgment for another 10 years. During this time you can collect Interest on your Judgment. The Court allows 10% simple interest per year.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, think I'll dig up all the case info
  • Options
    sdavissdavis Posts: 960
    Good luck with getting your money back. That sucks real bad. Some really good people here and a few asses.
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,512
    [*not legal advice] I'm a lawyer in Canada. The small claims process in our province, BC, is simple to navigate for most lay people, so hopefully you have something comparable in your respective states. It can take a long time to recover judgement, but for many people, especially in these types of cases, it's more about the principle than anything else. The filing fees (money you'll be out of pocket upfront to bring the action) are about $150 here, but you can then claim that amount back on top of the outstanding debt if you are successful. Also, if he does not file a response to your claim, you can apply for default judgement (essentially a win without going to trial)...Anyways, best of luck to anyone who was scammed, as this seems to be the exception rather than the norm with the good people on this board.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    edited February 2015
    drsluggo wrote: »
    Here's the EV book... 2hhjamf.jpg

Does any one have more photos of this book? I'm not sure which promo book this is.
    Thanks!
    Post edited by BIGDaddyWil on
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    expensive lesson learned

That sucks..
    I haven't

not a word
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    Sucks that you guys got screwed. I hope it get resolved.

Only one other person on here whom I wouldn't buy from, so I would try not to let it sway you away from here in the future.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    I haven't heard anything either.

I want to apologize to everyone here, especially after I went bonkers over people "taking advantage" of this guy. I never get involved in ANY drama on here, so of course the first time I get pissed off about something, it turns out to be sticking up for someone who was actually trying to screw all of us. Awesome!

I am still holding out hope that this wasn't a scam, but three of us received the same tracking number and we haven't heard a thing in almost a week about it. It's just so strange because he did ship one item to @Brane_of_JFK and also because he has a history here on the boards and on ebeans. I mean, looking through his history it looks like he actually was involved in running the Moline Wishlist Foundation preparty.

What I thought were alarm flags about a guy liquidating his stuff for quick emergency cash looks like were actually alarm flags of someone offering deals that were too good to be true. I also want to apologize to @buck502000 for some of my language I used towards him. Apparently my "fuck that guy" should have been directed elsewhere.

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited February 2015
    It's a sh*tty situation for all. But I will stay hopeful I will somehow get a refund. If not, I learned an expensive lesson too. :( Maybe it's time to retire from the PJ merch scene. It used to be fun to collect and buy/sell/trade. I guess I should only spend money on the concert tickets.
    Post edited by buck502000 on
This discussion has been closed.