Options

Charlie Hebdo Paris shooting: 12 dead after gunmen storm newspaper's HQ

Comments

• Options
    AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219
    edited January 2015
    Aafke wrote: »
    Again in my opinion all religious leaders are doing this...

What do you mean? What are the all doing?

All religions based on the old testament, Judaism, Christianity and Islam, see themselves as the one and only true religion, and their believers to be better persons, and non believers as lower folks or sinners. Thereby all these religions are based on a believe system which divides and conquers, us against them.... Instead of seeing each other as just another belief system that is equal in value, there is an hierarchy in which the own system is far above that of other religious values. Therefor all religious leaders of these type of religions preach hate in my point of view.
    Post edited by Aafke on
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Sorry bootlegger, you couldn't be more wrong. If u can't see how we helped create all this carnage happening around the world then u aren't looking deep enough.
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote: »
    this goes so far back. As far back as the crusades and before. from the kings and queens of europe thinking they were superior and could subjugate peoples in other lands.

Memory dies hard in tribal peoples. Same throughout history with any peoples. mistrust of others due to overeaching of one party over another.

France was a chief perp in this so long ago. That history does not justify nor excuse what we see today , but it goes a long way to explain it. "WE" are just the latest in a long line of one fucking over another. Eventually the one getting fucked will strike back.

So not just "religion" "OWNS" this. we all do. from the people we put into power to the bullshit we buy from corps doing the exploiting today. WE OWN THIS. HUMANITY OWNS THIS. Fucking parasites we are.

So the actions were justified? The innocents aren't really innocent?

Got ya.

By the way, can you tell me how the two rapping brothers that enjoyed chasing ladies were 'fucked over'? From what I saw of their personal lives... it seemed as if they were doing as well as the next person. I hardly saw any genuine motivation to go shoot cartoonists.

The deflection tactics and the inconsistency in which they are applied on this forum are laughable. A Jewish 10C member couldn't show their face on this site for Israel's actions which were brutal. Yet, the very terrorist killers get a pass because people buy oil.

Reegawddamndiculous.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    this goes so far back. As far back as the crusades and before. from the kings and queens of europe thinking they were superior and could subjugate peoples in other lands.

Memory dies hard in tribal peoples. Same throughout history with any peoples. mistrust of others due to overeaching of one party over another.

France was a chief perp in this so long ago. That history does not justify nor excuse what we see today , but it goes a long way to explain it. "WE" are just the latest in a long line of one fucking over another. Eventually the one getting fucked will strike back.

So not just "religion" "OWNS" this. we all do. from the people we put into power to the bullshit we buy from corps doing the exploiting today. WE OWN THIS. HUMANITY OWNS THIS. Fucking parasites we are.

Got ya.

By the way, can you tell me how the two rapping brothers that enjoyed chasing ladies were 'fucked over'? From what I saw of their personal lives... it seemed as if they were doing as well as the next person. I hardly saw any genuine motivation to go shoot cartoonists.

The deflection tactics and the inconsistency in which they are applied on this forum are laughable. A Jewish 10C member couldn't show their face on this site for Israel's actions which were brutal. Yet, the very terrorist killers get a pass because people buy oil.

Reegawddamndiculous.

Mickey said right in that post you quoted
    "That history does not justify nor excuse what we see today"

So to answer your questions, no.
  • Options
    Great discussion by the way guys.
  • Options
    Chasing women around to bang or whatever goes against Muslim teachings. Ya, these guys were real jihadists alright. Just like the 9-11 high jackers leaving a Quran on the strip club bar the day before. It's comical that some can't read between the lines. I'm not singling out anyone in particular but if I just let the news talk and u listen, you can start to get your questions to the story. Like how these guys were connected to al Qaida and yet no one kept an eye on them. Now reports are coming out that the non brother had connections to the underwear bomber, yet AGAIN, no one tailed him. Why? Why weren't their phones tapped, why wasn't a crew assigned to them to watch? All
    Legit questions. Just watch the news, they talk so much that they're actually creating more questions then answers.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    edited January 2015
    JimmyV wrote: »
    Catholicism has had a pedophilia problem for decades. It is not an indictment of all Catholics to say this, nor is it taken that way when the issue is discussed.

Islam has an extremist problem. It is not an indictment of all Muslims to say this, yet it is often taken that way when the issue is discussed.

The savages who attacked that newspaper and the hate mongers who teach in the madrases (sp?) are both perverting Islam, but they are both very much a part of the current state of Islam. I don't how Muslims should go about combating or changing this current state of affairs, but I do think recognizing that this menace does exist within the religion is a start.

But the difference is that Catholics didn't abuse children in the name of God. They didn't scream "Praise God" before they did their horrific acts. I think a lot of people miss this KEY difference. They don't believe their religion compels them to do it, they are just depraved individuals like any non-catholic child abuser.
  • Options

All religions based on the old testament, Judaism, Christianity and Islam, see themselves as the one and only true religion, and their believers to be better persons, and non believers as lower folks or sinners. Thereby all these religions are based on a believe system which divides and conquers, us against them.... Instead of seeing each other as just another belief system that is equal in value, there is an hierarchy in which the own system is far above that of other religious values. Therefor all religious leaders of these type of religions preach hate in my point of view.

What nations are falling all over themselves to make sure that we don't blame Islam for these extremists? That's right, Christian nations. What nations are accepting millions and millions of Muslim immigrants? That's right, Christian nations.

No, I am not for one second going to believe this pathetic line that all religions are equal or evil.
  • Options
    dignin wrote: »

Got ya.

Reegawddamndiculous.

He then seems to contradict himself in his very next passage. So, I'm sure you can understand my confusion.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Bootlegger: The system of sexual repression that is endorsed by the Catholic Church is a direct causal factor in the recurrence of pedophilia within the clergy, so even if they don't scream praise god as they molest, the church is still culpable. That is why they should lead the charge against pedophilia by changing the policies that contribute to the problem.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Got ya.

Reegawddamndiculous.

He then seems to contradict himself in his very next passage. So, I'm sure you can understand my confusion.

Fair enough, I can't speak for mickey.

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    So now you are a Schrink rgambs....what can't you do pal??i was
    just answering lux's question and being honest. Not everyone makes themselve feel useful and important in this world by writing down idealistic solutions and I am so smarter than everyone in the room from Amish country nonsense....I am one to believe actions speak louder than words . I hope lux goes out and does something inspiring today...and I hope I do not have too.
  • Options
    AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219

What nations are falling all over themselves to make sure that we don't blame Islam for these extremists? That's right, Christian nations. What nations are accepting millions and millions of Muslim immigrants? That's right, Christian nations.

No, I am not for one second going to believe this pathetic line that all religions are equal or evil.

They accept millions of Muslim immigrants? On what planet do the accept them? They may come to do the filthiest jobs, and piss of when economy comes down. Get blamed of all crime and feared when trying to get a place in society. No Not all religions are equal some are far worse than others in their pathetic conviction of being better than others...
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • Options
    "BB:So you're expecting the religion to wrangle up a few so called "real" Muslims? Ones who have ZERO respect for life and ZERO respect to their own so called religion. Ones who have no care wether you're a Muslim, Jew or christian. I'm gonna say this for the millionth time, these evil fuckers are NOT Muslim. And if their is a god, they will be the FIRST to burn in hell. Well maybe not the first, but a close second. I'm sure their puppet masters would be the first "batch" going to hell."

The problem doesn't reside in the religion itself, not christianity, Judaism, or Islam. The problem relies in taking it so damn seriously you are willing to kill or die for it. This is the problem the leaders of the churches need to confront, but they wont because it weakens their position as the holders of the keys to the kingdom.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,797
    edited January 2015
    Thirty. Reread the third paragraph. Or dont . I dont give a fuck.there appears to be a pattern developing of not reading what is actually written.

the last paragraph shows that is no surprise that events such as this occur. Someone said that I am victim blaming. No. I am owning our part in this. We are not defenseless nor helpless. We set this shit up without a care in the world and become outraged the rest of the world or parts of it dont fall in line with our selfserving bullshit.

anyone unwilling to look at their part is sociopathic. Actively work for the solution or remain the chief part of the problem. Denial and willful ignorance.
    have a nice day.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    muskydan Posts: 206
    11:04AM
    just answering lux's question and being honest. Not everyone makes themselve feel useful and important in this world by writing down idealistic solutions and I am so smarter than everyone in the room from Amish country nonsense....I am one to believe actions speak louder than words . I hope lux goes out and does something inspiring today...and I hope I do not have too" end quote

I can do it all! We rely on self-sufficiency out here in the hills!

From what I have seen on here and FB Mr Lux walks the walk to a degree greater than anyone else around here, so I don't doubt that he will do something inspiring enough for the both of us today.
    We can be sure from his post history that he won't stoop to mockery to prove a point he can't even be bothered to elucidate.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    muskydan wrote: »
    brianlux wrote: »
    Birds eye view from the raid at the grocery store today, Warning, you see the hostage taker get killed.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=869_1420833044

That made my night, thanks for sharing. Our world is so Fucked!!! Worldwide Suicide

How did it make your night, muskydan or are you being facetious (I hope!)? Not the whole world, but yes, so much of it is fucked up. Innocent people killed, and the others who survived but have to live with the horrors? Terrible.

Terrible things like this will continue and none of this will change until these things happen:
    -Religious fanatics come to their senses
    -A widespread decrease in racism, homophobia and bigotry
    -The general populous and certain media stop making generalizations about groups of people based on these fringe fanatics
    -Increased and improved distribution of food, goods and medical supplies especially (obviously) in third world countries
    -Widespread improvement of educational opportunities, especially in third world countries
    -Greater availability of fresh water where needed
    -Lowering of human population through birth control
    -A healthy environment and an increase and connection of wild lands (yes, I'm serious- this is related)
    - Alternative clean energy sources replaces oil (ditto the above)
    -The great wealth of creativity is shared between cultures (this is already being done at great risk by people who surreptitiously sneak music in and out of places like Iran and Bhutan) (ditto the above)

Yes, the world is fucked. Thank you for motivating me to try harder to do something about it in whatever small way I'm able.

You wrote that like you're changes should be written on a stone somewhere…..but you obviously made some good suggestions, but as we all know….Talk is cheap

To answer you're question, someone as idealist as you might think a simple guy like me is sick in that I got a sense of enjoyment from watching a POS terrorist get turned into swiss cheese. What can I say, I have always like it when "the Bad Guys" get what's coming to them. In my fucked up mind those oxygen thieves got off easy.

Maybe I will go plant a tree tomorrow….Well I would if it wasn't -5 outside…..perhaps I will just go to the gun range and sight in my AR and shred some paper...

Well, muskydan, you make a lot of assumptions here.

Nothing I say is written in stone. I'm was just trying to offer some suggestions. I am not yours' or anyone's dictator or god or whatever you think I think I am. I'm just some guy who is trying to find some answers.

I agree that actions are better than words and I've often said that. I guess you just didn't know that. Also, taking action moves a person beyond the trite labeling of "idealist" to activist.

I never said you were sick. Are you?

I thought it was a bit strange that seeing a video that also mentioned the death of innocents made your day but maybe you missed that part.

I hope you find ways to see the world as being more than just "so Fucked". I really do man, I'm not just saying that.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Thirty. Reread the third paragraph. Or dont . I dont give a fuck.there appears to be a pattern developing of not reading what is actually written.

the last paragraph shows that is no surprise that events such as this occur. Someone said that I am victim blaming. No. I am owning our part in this. We are not defenseless nor helpless. We set this shit up without a care in the world and become outraged the rest of the world or parts of it dont fall in line with our selfserving bullshit.

anyone unwilling to look at their part is sociopathic. Actively work for the solution or remain the chief part of the problem. Denial and willful ignorance.
    have a nice day.

So are we all responsible for the horrible treatment of women and children in Muslim countries too? There is more than a terrorism problem (which arguably is the least of the problems).

I am not a sociopath because I don't believe I have even 0.01% of blame in these terrorist activities. I think we need to stop blaming ourselves and then we can begin to try to help solve the many problems that exist in Muslim countries.
  • Options
    Brian is a good dude who def 100% does good work. He's one person who as someone already stated, walks the walk and talks the talk.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Hub. wrote: »
    Total bs: I don't understand why they should be held responsible.

This is just a minority of people. They're terrosits, not muslims.

B655Kr7IYAAED_Q.jpg:large
    It means: "In case you're mistaken", "This is a terrorist", "This is a muslim".

The cop on the right was a muslim, Kouashi didn't hesitate to shoot him.

@Dimi: about Montpellier, it was a hold up. The guy finally surrendered. ;)

Exactly buddy..
    and yes i read about it..good solved without shooting
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    just answering lux's question and being honest. Not everyone makes themselve feel useful and important in this world by writing down idealistic solutions and I am so smarter than everyone in the room from Amish country nonsense....I am one to believe actions speak louder than words . I hope lux goes out and does something inspiring today...and I hope I do not have too.

Hahaha! How did you know I am half Amish, muskydan?

Again, I do believe as you do that actions speak louder than words. Now, I'm not trying to coax sympathy out of you, I'm really not, but I'm almost 64 years old and my body is pretty much wearing out and writing is becoming more and more an important tool for me than some of the hard work that activism requires. I think I've "done my time" that way. Also, I still have to work for a living and don't see retirement on the near horizon even at my age, so I do what I can.

You make a lot of assumptions, muskydan.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    What strikes me in reading trough all the comments, is that the point these terrorist fight for is in action right here on this forum. These terrorists shot the staff of CH because they couldn't deal with the right for freedom off speech! In this threat it seems to me as if a lot of you does share the same point of view....

Nobody is born to hate and only a few are nurtured to hate, it's a choice each individual makes for himself! It's our own responsibility what we chose, but society as a whole has also a responsibility. For about many years we demonize a whole religion. "All Muslims are bad, and if they're not all bad, they must distance themselves from the extremists, if they don't apologize for the behavior of these extremists, they condone it, and therefor are bad themselves."

But why on earth do they have to apologize? Because they happen to share the same religious background? It the same as saying all white people have to apologize for the KKK because of the color of there skin. Or saying that all African Americans have to apologize for the behavior of gang members because of the color off their skin. Or saying that all Jews have to apologize for the slaughter of Palestinians. (Which some of you do seem to agree with). Or saying that all Palestinians have to apologize about the actions of Hamas (Which other people here seems to agree with). Every religion, race or skin color has it's fare share of nutcases. But it doesn't mean that such a group as a whole does share the same believes. All these nutcases, have a different view on life. So one man's hero is an other man's nutcase. There is no absolute right or wrong in this world, there is only difference in perspective....

My own right is fighting with words. I draw the line by violence. Doesn't matter who starts, every form of violence I find despicable. But that's just my opinion....

Lets not get divided, because then the terrorists get exactly what they want, Censorship in progress!
    Everyone has the freedom of speech and belief, lets honor that, at least at this forum!

JesuisCharlieaussi_zps7008a007.jpg

I love this post
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Hahaha I am the Amish knowitall he is referring to Brian.
  • Options
    rgambs wrote: »
    Hahaha I am the Amish knowitall he is referring to Brian.

DUDE! Are you really Amish? :-D

• Options
    "ΠΑΝ ΜΕΤΡΟΝ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΝ"wise ancient Greeks used to say...
    means in free translate "Moderation is perfect"
    Whereever or whatever u believe in and its extremist,is just wrong
  • Options
    Hahaha no I am an Atheist lol
    I do, however, live near the largest Amish community in the world. The Millersburg Walmart has an awning and hitching rail down one entire side of the parking lot. Being named Levi and carrying an old-world beard are just coincidences, when I lived in Columbus and Tucson people thought I was Jewish instead. I think they were closer, as I do grow quite the moustache, unlike the Amish.
  • Options
    Here's a GREAT article, I think it describes what Mickey is trying to get across. I could be wrong but either way, def worth the read:

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/01/09/who-should-be-blamed-for-muslim-terrorism/#.VLFUeOPvXVc.twitter
  • Options

They accept millions of Muslim immigrants? On what planet do the accept them? They may come to do the filthiest jobs, and piss of when economy comes down. Get blamed of all crime and feared when trying to get a place in society. No Not all religions are equal some are far worse than others in their pathetic conviction of being better than others...

Why are they flocking to these Christian nations then? Why? WHy not stay in their Muslim countries if they are treated so much better? It is the same in the US. If we treat immigrants so badly then why do they keep coming here?

I can't possibly expect to show up in another country with no money and no shared cultural norms and expect to get that middle class job. Sorry. Also, can you understand the fear in these countries when they see what is happening in the countries these people are coming from and also see the brutal attacks in these European countries against something as innocent as a cartoon?

Certainly, it would great that everyone gets along, but these are distinct cultures trying to get along and it isn't going to be easy. I'm not saying that the average Muslim person is bad, but I'm saying that the French person or British person that is leary of a Muslim immigrant is not a bad person either. Even in 2015 it is going to be tough for historically homogenized countries to adapt to immigration of a culture that is distinctly different and is (from what I see in the media) less likely to assimilate to the cultural norms of the country they are immigrating to.
  • Options

have a nice day.

I read the 3rd... but it goes hand in the hand with the 4th: France was a chief perp in this so long ago. That history does not justify nor excuse what we see today , but it goes a long way to explain it. "WE" are just the latest in a long line of one fucking over another. Eventually the one getting fucked will strike back.

Sooooo... exactly what did I miss? 'We are all parasites that deserve this' is how this reads. We deserve to get shot because we buy oil for our cars. If we'd just stick to local economies and ride horses... nobody would have to get shot in their office while drawing cartoons.

Come on, man. You're waaaay off base here.