Options

Charlie Hebdo Paris shooting: 12 dead after gunmen storm newspaper's HQ

Comments

• Options
    BS44325 wrote: »
    Support of Israel is irrelevant to this discussion as I specifically mentioned the actions of Hamas against it's own people. Al Qaeda, ISIS, Hamas, Boko Haram, etc, you name it...they are brothers of the same cloth. They use a distorted view of their religion to justify their end goals. What sets me off is seeing people get so outraged by the actions of Al Qaeda on this thread (allegedly these attackers were affiliated with Al Qaeda Yemen) while excusing the actions of Hamas on another or excusing the violent demonstrations by Islamists against French synagogues during the summer. These acts are being committed by the same damn people. They feed off each other. Where one succeeds another is encouraged to commit an atrocity of their own. Sorry for "trolling" this to your attention but I am just plain tired of reading the daily Massacre Thread filled with the usual selective outrage. Be outraged by it all otherwise it will just continue.

didn't even read your post to get it off this forum
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited January 2015
    Troll
    Pronounced: trōl
    noun

someone who brings shit to your attention that you would prefer not to hear

Charlie Hebdo likes to troll

Je Suis Charlie
    Post edited by BS44325 on
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2015
    Troll
    Pronounced: trōl
    noun

someone who brings shit to your attention that you would prefer not to hear

oh
    my edit is this - my bad, you are right. I don't want shit.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Support of Israel is irrelevant to this discussion as I specifically mentioned the actions of Hamas against it's own people. Al Qaeda, ISIS, Hamas, Boko Haram, etc, you name it...they are brothers of the same cloth. They use a distorted view of their religion to justify their end goals. What sets me off is seeing people get so outraged by the actions of Al Qaeda on this thread (allegedly these attackers were affiliated with Al Qaeda Yemen) while excusing the actions of Hamas on another or excusing the violent demonstrations by Islamists against French synagogues during the summer. These acts are being committed by the same damn people. They feed off each other. Where one succeeds another is encouraged to commit an atrocity of their own. Sorry for "trolling" this to your attention but I am just plain tired of reading the daily Massacre Thread filled with the usual selective outrage. Be outraged by it all otherwise it will just continue.
    No one needs to justify to anyone, one's outrage or its extent.

And being pissed off, from here, fine. I am. Shit's fucked up, and if my small self finds some shit more fucked up than other shit...well, so be it. No one else's business and if viewed as "selective", again, that's what the perception is. Doesn't take anything away from how I see said shit.

By the way, doubt you're trolling, I think you're just tossing your coins in like the rest of us and no need to stop doing so.

...but, as with the rest of us, expect to be called on your comments when warranted :O)
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited January 2015
    Hey BS, not to derail the thread but what the Israeli government decided to do to gaza is straight up fucked up shit. For u to sit here and try to compare some weird shit about Hamas killing or doing whatever it is they did to their own people. That in NO WAY justifies the amount of fucken carnage the Israeli government decided to do to the gazans. Should we all start to take pictures of us with messages on soccer balls in memory of those 4 kids? To sit here and try to somehow connect some weird shit together, where Israel killed over 500 KIDS ALONE, to 12 innocent people who I believe even 2 were Muslim. You can most def expect me to call u out on it. If Hamas is a terrorist organization then guess what man, the Israeli government is a STATE SPONSORED terrorist organization. Just as guilty if NOT MORE then Hamas.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    All fair BadBrains but there already is an Israel/Palestine thread. Thank you however for proving my intial point.
  • Options
    Ah, ok BS, whatever that means.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    See. Told you free speech is just fine.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Hahahaha that's pretty funny mikey. I see what u did there. B-)
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    This is an account of a man who let the killers into the printing business where there are now hostages. This guy has to be the dumbest person in France ...

A witness who said he came into contact with the suspects at the printing business in which they reportedly took a hostage gave this account of the interaction to France Info radio:

The man, who would only [give] his name as Didier, said he had an appointment with Michel, the owner of the printing and publicity material business. Didier said he shook one of the gunmen's hands who he took to be police special operations officer. He was dressed in black and was heavily armed with at least one rifle.

He said when he arrived at the business his client came out to meet him with what he took to be a policeman, dressed in black combat gear, with a bulletproof vest.

"We all shook hands and my client told me to leave." Didier added that the man he took to be the policeman said: "Go, we don’t kill civilians". He added "I thought was strange."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/charlie-hebdo-shooters-have-taken-a-hostage-2015-1#ixzz3OKuIXToR
  • Options
    This story gets odd by every minute that passes.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited January 2015
    This is not going to end well
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I dint think it's a brainwashing problem at all. These terrorists are born and bred to hate.

Bred to hate maybe. Born to hate definitely no.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    Αll terrorist are dead..
    It seems civilians '- hostages are dead too....sad ..those assholes took innocent along with their madness
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Hostages are alive dimi, NOT dead
  • Options
    badbrains wrote: »
    Hostages are alive dimi, NOT dead

Not all
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Huh, I just heard on the news they said all terrorists dead and hostages are all ok. I'm sure the news will change it again.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Huh, I just heard on the news they said all terrorists dead and hostages are all ok. I'm sure the news will change it again.

They are reporting at least 4 dead. But like you said that could change, either way.

• Options
    They are absolutely not born to hate. They are bred to hate. From the hills of Afganistan/Pakistan through the Gaza strip and all the way to the suburbs of Paris. Impressionable kids who are told that they are victims, that the world is against them, that they can become real men and find salvation by rejecting modernity and embracing the true words of Allah. Western values, America, Capitalism ,Jews, Christians, Gays, Women, and most of all the Occupation...all must be confronted for the establishment of the greater caliphate.

http://youtu.be/PioHDGEt6BM
  • Options
    dignin wrote: »

They are reporting at least 4 dead. But like you said that could change, either way.

Yeah..they say the same here..
  • Options
    BLAH BLAH BLAH MORE bullshit from BS. Dude, I'm a Muslim who WASNT fucken born or bred to hate. But since you brought it up, care to discuss Zionism with us all? You do know some of us here KNOW wtf is going on in gaza and Palestine.

Sorry, I do have some hate in me. I hate the nj devils, flyers, islanders and fake Madrid.
  • Options
    Fuckin village people of barcelona.....
  • Options
    Fuck you puta dimi =))
  • Options
    They say now..another hostage situation at another city...at Monpelie -France now!!!!..for fuck shake
  • Options
    Fuck you puta dimi =))
    Heheeh..fuck mesi
  • Options
    It's Messi not mesi puta. Go eat a shawarma sandwich B-)
  • Options
    They have vieeo of the police get into the shop and free hostages...still infos saying 4 hostages are dead..
  • Options
    Abc is reporting 3 hostages dead still. Haven't heard anything about a new hostage crisis.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    All fair BadBrains but there already is an Israel/Palestine thread. Thank you however for proving my intial point.
    So you can conflate what many/most would consider separate issues (these attacks, and the I/P occupation), and bring it up in your own narrow context...but if anyone disagrees and tries to counter your point, THEY are the ones who are off topic? Sorry, you don't get to control the parameters of discussion like that.
    and there is the problem - YOU yourself are not outraged by it all - you are only outraged by muslim violence.....not jewish, not Christian, not imperialist/capitalist....you place the blame for the slaughter in Palestine squarely at the feet of Hamas....but you don't condemn your country, or Israel, or France, or any NATO nation, for their part in the violence. Pure black and white thinking: You are no better than 'them'. Amazing to me that you can't see the hypocrisy in your posts.
    You view this as a cultural war, a clash of civilizations. You see this as an act of aggression used to establish a sharia law caliphate and destroy our way of life - to destroy free speech and what we value. Which, in reality, is exactly how these extremists view the wars in the middle east: acts of aggression used to establish a capitalist culture and destroy their way of life. But here's the thing: these attacks are more likely to be reactionary - a response to western imperialism, than they are to be an attack on our freedoms. One of the suspects did time for trying to go to Iraq to fight the US occupation. He said his inspiration was the treatment of prisoners in Abu Ghraib.