Options

2015 Ten Club Analog Shirt (& Limited Edition Items?)

Comments

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    :-h Thanks guys, good to be able to think & post again. Wasn't so sure, well about anything for awhile. I decided to think today. Felt good. Must do again. Glad to be posting & I feel better every day.
    @-) + :o3 = b-( & :^o
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    abedog wrote: »
    Nothing is for free my friends, the cost of the 'gift' is definitely built into the price of the analog membership. I don't get peoples argument that "It's a gift so stop complaining". Why give a 'gift' that nobody likes? That doesn't make sense to me. Let's reward our loyal fan base by giving them something they want...now that makes sense to me.

Exactly. It's obviously part of the analog membership. The shirt is fucking hideous.

But hey, if you do any complaining about anything 10c does, you're ungrateful that PJ is still together making music and that the 10c even exists. Give me a fucking break.
  • Options
    abedog wrote: »
    Nothing is for free my friends, the cost of the 'gift' is definitely built into the price of the analog membership. I don't get peoples argument that "It's a gift so stop complaining". Why give a 'gift' that nobody likes? That doesn't make sense to me. Let's reward our loyal fan base by giving them something they want...now that makes sense to me.

Exactly. It's obviously part of the analog membership. The shirt is fucking hideous.

But hey, if you do any complaining about anything 10c does, you're ungrateful that PJ is still together making music and that the 10c even exists. Give me a fucking break.

There is another discussion on this already. http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/241925/terrible-looking-analog-shirt#latest
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    DavidD wrote: »
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    Coupon code won't be available to you until your 2015 membership renewal happens.

I see now how it works, thanks

I renewed in november. Does that mean I won't get a code until November of 2015?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    Yeah, that's right.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302
    I'm fine with it
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    I don`t think it`s a hideous. Ok it might not be the best looking PJ shirt ever but I like it. And yeah you pay for it with your membership fee but then again: you do get more for it.
    All the complaining all the time, you guys could`ve well been from The Netherlands. People over here complain about everything all the time ;) If you think the money isn`t worth the analog membership then cancel it and don`t renew it
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    I am kind of torn on this. I don't really like the shirt, so I am wondering if I should order the luggage tags, that I don't really need, just because I paid for them, or just claim neither. Because like others have said these aren't really free items since they are surely rolled into the costs of your membership. If either the shirt or the tags said 10club or pearl jam on them it might be a different story. Maybe if enough people choose neither item they might do something better next year. That said I liked the stickers/patches/mini posters. They always had cool designs for those.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    edited January 2015

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    I figure if you really don't want either then don't order them and save the fuel that would be used to get it to you.
    That, or just order it and save it to give to someone down the road who isn't yet a member or analog member and for some reason wants it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    These items will surely be in your next mystery box.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    I figure if you really don't want either then don't order them and save the fuel that would be used to get it to you.
    That, or just order it and save it to give to someone down the road who isn't yet a member or analog member and for some reason wants it.
    Bingo!
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited January 2015
    I know I should put this in Lost Dogs...BUT...
    If anyone posting in this thread doesn't want their new membership items,
    I would love to work out a trade for an extra set of the luggage tags:
    I've got these tour stickers for trade:

20150111_195455-1_zps0rgy2v1q.jpg

PM me if you're interested in trading for your luggage tags!!
    EDIT: TRADE IN THE WORKS!!
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Seriously some hidious shit! I suppose i could use some friggin luggage tags!?!?.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    I wouldn't cut my grass in that shirt.
    Not sure I would even include it in the boxes of NE Patriots Super Bowl Champion shirts headed to Africa in Feb 2015.
    So in 2018 can be expect the blue "Im Analog" shirt?
    And I agree with everyone who said they would like PJ merch, not fan club merch. And no its not "free" its 3$ of the 40$ you paid.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    derbydave wrote: »

Way to spin some positive out of it, Dave!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    deadendp wrote: »
    derbydave wrote: »

Way to spin some positive out of it, Dave!

I travel for business a lot and have a ton of camera & lighting gear that I have to check,
    I'm always looking for a way to make my bags "stand out" on the baggage carousel...
    These new luggage tags will definitely get my attention!!
    :-bd
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    And while I haven;t really liked the item since they started it....after the first 2 years I have been prepared not to like it and to get something worthless to me. And, I love how this year they are at least letting everyone know what the gift will be and even giving you a choice. So, while again I am very underwhelmed, I appreciate the heads up and I will keep my Analog membership...but mostly because I have always just had it. I'm not sure it's worth the extra $20 to me...but for me the $20 isn't a big deal.

I do think that in the past people kept their memberships at Analog for fear that as soon as they went digital, they would miss out on the signed wrigley card for analog members only type gift. The trend now says this will never happen.

That's always a headbangdesk moment for me. You're not just getting the gift for $20 (which a lot of people seem to think so...) You're getting a $10 download, a record (sold separately for $10) and a hardcover magazine.

The way I see it, that's over $50 of stuff for $20 or $30(int'l) USD.

Now, I'm not certainly telling anyone how to spend their money, but, the way I see it, if you're gonna buy the download, you might as well get the record for $10 and come out ahead with everything else....cause you know that Pearl Jam record will eventually become collectible.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    ^^^ dont forget the shipping costs on the annual single if you didnt get the analog membership.

the $50(Plus exchange rate) is a great deal.... im just done with the analog campaign. a plain simple 10C shirt or PJ would be perfect.

yeah i know its a gift but hey its ok to dislike it as well.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    And while I haven;t really liked the item since they started it....after the first 2 years I have been prepared not to like it and to get something worthless to me. And, I love how this year they are at least letting everyone know what the gift will be and even giving you a choice. So, while again I am very underwhelmed, I appreciate the heads up and I will keep my Analog membership...but mostly because I have always just had it. I'm not sure it's worth the extra $20 to me...but for me the $20 isn't a big deal.

I do think that in the past people kept their memberships at Analog for fear that as soon as they went digital, they would miss out on the signed wrigley card for analog members only type gift. The trend now says this will never happen.

That's always a headbangdesk moment for me. You're not just getting the gift for $20 (which a lot of people seem to think so...) You're getting a $10 download, a record (sold separately for $10) and a hardcover magazine.

Now, I'm not certainly telling anyone how to spend their money, but, the way I see it, if you're gonna buy the download, you might as well get the record for $10 and come out ahead with everything else....cause you know that Pearl Jam record will eventually become collectible.
    This is just not true. This is NOT a gift. As someone pointed out earlier, it's listed as an item that is included in the price of membership, like this:

- Free Bootleg Download- Coupon code listed in “My Membership”
    - Limited Edition Vinyl 45 Ten Club Single
    - Limited Edition Hard Copy of Deep Magazine
    - Limited Edition Membership Item Coupon Code - Code listed in “My Membership”

I think 10c used to call the membership item a gift, which was basically just tricky semantics, but they don't even do that anymore, probably because it was deceptive language. Plus 10C actually lists the download as FREE, so that $10 you mention should not be factored in. So basically, we are paying for this bad t-shirt/luggage tags with our membership fee. I think that entitles us to be able to make suggestions and to let 10C know when we think what we're getting for our money isn't to our liking so that they can consider it in the future.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options

This is just not true. This is NOT a gift. As someone pointed out earlier, it's listed as an item that is included in the price of membership, like this:

- Free Bootleg Download- Coupon code listed in “My Membership”
    - Limited Edition Vinyl 45 Ten Club Single
    - Limited Edition Hard Copy of Deep Magazine
    - Limited Edition Membership Item Coupon Code - Code listed in “My Membership”

I think 10c used to call the membership item a gift, which was basically just tricky semantics, but they don't even do that anymore, probably because it was deceptive language. Plus 10C actually lists the download as FREE, so that $10 you mention should not be factored in. So basically, we are paying for this bad t-shirt/luggage tags with our membership fee. I think that entitles us to be able to make suggestions and to let 10C know when we think what we're getting for our money isn't to our liking so that they can consider it in the future.
    It's not the constructive criticism that bothers me. It's the outright bitching. A big difference.

I think that we all look at the monetary breakdown in whatever way we look at it. To try to have people consider a different way is not sometimes not practical. The fact of the matter is, some people feel that they are getting their monies worth and some aren't.

It's an option. If paying the $40/$50 (you have extra ship to Canada) for analog doesn't work because the offerings are quite what you want, kick it down to digital to preserve your membership number, then go back to analog when the offerings are more to what you were hoping for. I know that you won't score the hard copy of the 10c vinyl or hard copy of Deep, but if you feel like you aren't getting the monetary value out of your membership, perhaps it is something to consider.

Fact of the matter is that the product is already produced and that IS what is being offered this year. (Not that you are saying that you want it changed this year, just considerations for following years.) Some of us look at it as a "gift" and some of us look at it as "included in the membership price." I get that. The membership benefits are listed and that is a part of the listing. Fair to say not a "gift."

Again, I would love it if they would consider allowing a choice to have their Limited Edition Membership Item or to have that money that would have been spent on that item donated to one of the charities that the Vitalogy Foundation supports. It wouldn't be a tangible item, but the money would have gone to a good cause. PJ supports them, so it isn't like band members would have a conflict of donation interest there. I think that might resolve some of the discontent. Either that or it is my inner middle child kicking in.

Though I've loved PJ and been a fan since the beginning, the forum and analog membership is a relatively new thing for me. I guess that's why all of the complaining has caught me by surprise. I just didn't see the intense discontent coming. Last year, I read some complaints about posters and stickers. This year it is t-shirts and luggage tags. I just don't know that there is a way to make absolutely everyone happy no matter how hard they (10c or the band) tries.

Maybe next year will be a better year for those of you who don't particularly care for the Limited Membership Item. Trading up on Lost Dogs is always an option.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Point is, you get more than $40 worth of stuff for... (wait for it)... $40.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I wouldn't even care if they took the annual membership item right off the table (and at this point think they should, given what they're coming up with) - I'd still pay for the analog membership. But that's not the point. The point is that 10C keeps making membership items that most members don't like and never put to good use. Isn't it always constructive criticism when the members voice their opinions about the item? And doesn't it seem like a real waste of money, raw materials, and fuel used in shipping when most of the members are getting something they don't want? Wouldn't it be better if 10C spent that time and energy and resources on something that was actually useful to the people who are paying for it? I think so.

Bottom line, the recent membership items are the equivalent of a decoder ring that was all pumped up to the secret club, and in the end all it is is a crumby commercial.

ralphie_ovaltine-284x300.jpg
  • Options
    I wouldn't even care if they took the annual membership item right off the table (and at this point think they should, given what they're coming up with) - I'd still pay for the analog membership. But that's not the point. The point is that 10C keeps making membership items that most members don't like and never put to good use. Isn't it always constructive criticism when the members voice their opinions about the item? And doesn't it seem like a real waste of money, raw materials, and fuel used in shipping when most of the members are getting something they don't want? Wouldn't it be better if 10C spent that time and energy and resources on something that was actually useful to the people who are paying for it? I think so.

Bottom line, the recent membership items are the equivalent of a decoder ring that was all pumped up to the secret club, and in the end all it is is a crumby commercial.

Coasters would be nice
  • Options

For the record, we bought that decoder pin (it was a pin) at the Christmas Story House and it is delightful! ;) Completely works and isn't a piece of crap or anything. :) (And yes, I did climb into the cabinet under the sink.) Anyhow . . .

Having gone through 7 years of critiques in art school, I can tell you that there IS constructive criticism and then there is bitching and picking things apart. Yes, there is some of both on here.

For what it's worth, I don't think that 10c/PJ sits down and thinks, "Hmm, what can we offer this year that is REALLY going to piss off our fan club?" I don't think that what they offer is done with ill intention. My thought? I think that they offer what they generally like. Perhaps there could be a CONSTRUCTIVE thread started about truly heartfelt suggestions for the band to consider. It would be hard to take some suggestions seriously when they are padded by almost nothing but complaint.

Think of yourself. You make something, let's say dinner, and think it's rather kick ass. You have a bunch of friends over. Maybe 4 of 15 friends give you positive feedback. 6 of them give some constructive feedback. 5 basically tell you that you can't cook and that they will never come to your house again for a meal.

I'm not saying that people can't complain. Perhaps if it is kept in more of a positive tone, suggestions might be considered a bit more. After all, this is the house of PJ. They didn't burn the dinner. They just offered you a meal that you didn't care to eat.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Oh, I know that 10C only has good intentions with this stuff! Lol. Can you imagine if they were maliciously creating bad membership items just as a "fuck you" to us all? Haha. Maybe we deserve it, I dunno. :P
    But no, they try their best.... but when they are way off track it's definitely better for them to see all the criticism/whining so they can figure out what they're edging wrong. I'm sure they must want to, because as it is, they are actually losing members because of certain issues, like the bad annual items, the not great merch, and the terrible shipping service. Theu need to know what they're doing wrong just as much as they should know what they are getting right. I doubt they want to invest time and money into crap that people don't want any more than we want to receive the crap.

And yeah, coasters would awesome.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2015
    I am just pissed that others are able to get this shirt which means I can't buy it to flip. Fuckers
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    TheGhostTheGhost Posts: 534
    the smart idea to me is offering the digital membership for folks who don't care about collecting shit, and analog to those who do. The analog members want cool stuff because they're going the extra mile. Give them something special.
    Your light made us stars
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    what we have to remember is the people posting her complaining about the item is but a minor fraction of the actual membership fanbase. so while there seems to be a lot of discontent written here, there might be a shitload more that actually like the item, which is why they don't change it. maybe they would change it if the ratio of the amount of criticism to the number of analog members was a little more proportionate for a requirement of change.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    and let's say you hate the membership item. you don't care about physical Deep Mag. Then go down to digital, and buy the vinyl off eBay. it will more than likely save you money anyway. recent xmas vinyl is pretty cheap on the secondary market. but if you want the Deep mag too, you're kind of stuck. as many others have stated, at least they gave us a heads up what the item was this year. AND gave us two items to choose from. that's a step in the right direction.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com