Options

2015 Ten Club Analog Shirt (& Limited Edition Items?)

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    the gift is what it is,

But when a bootleg coupon is described as free I don't think it can be considered as part of the extra $20 on top of digital. Free means free. Its essentially $20 for the record and deep which is absolutely fine, I love receiving those things in the mail, and they are worth the upgrade IMO.

Whilst I agree this years gifts don't look too appealing - I'll take the luggage tags over the shirt :) and be quite happy with the deal on offer.
  • Options
    I've decided to take the xxl men's shirt and use it as a sleep shirt. I'm sure it will be quite comfy! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Yeah I don't really understand this argument. It is what it is....and especially this year they are letting you know ahead of time what it is. So, either it's worth the $ to you or it isn't.

Do I wish the fan club came with some kickass gear or something better than it has? Yup. But do I still feel ok giving them $40 for what I get? Yup.

To claim they are doing something amazing for the fans is a bit crazy. They are taking $ for a service and some product, that is all (talking difference between analog and digital - obviously what they do as far as seating for fans has been amazing!).

B

When I say they are doing amazing things for us, I mean that in a general sense of the whole deal, seniority seating, distinctive choices in membership options, etc. but you're right, it IS a business, plain simple, and undeniable.
    Personally I think sometimes people take things the band does wasaayyyy too personally. It is their JOB. Just like we get up and go to work everyday, they do this.. Granted they have a WAAAAAY better job than any of us.. In the sense of ' couldn't give a fuck less' sort of freedoms in life, but hey, we all have bills to pay. Them, us. The only difference is the talent involved, and the monetary size of the bills! None the less I appreciate that they even do this much! No complaints here, guys.. Now where's my ass kissing gift?? JK.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    I'm analog
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I'm analog and will continue to be. I just don't get how the decision makers keep giving us such bad items.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    I'm anal og
  • Options
    I'm analog and will continue to be. I just don't get how the decision makers keep giving us such bad items.

I honest think they should let US help design the t-Shirts if that is what we're to get. But I like the stickers too.. My poor car is going to be missing a 2015 10c sticker! :-( and once again thank you to my anonymous donor that allowed me to tack 2014 on my back bumper! ;-)
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    you know, I get the annoyance with the 10C merch as opposed to PJ merch, but Jack White does the same thing. He has a shitload of Third Man Records merch, and people snatch that up. I think it's the campy/silly designs that PJ is coming up with that is the issue. I actually bought a 10C T a while back. the black T with the cool 10C red logo in the middle. Had a bunch of compliments on it, people asking me what it meant, etc. But this analog shit is lame, to say the least. Luggage tags? ok, I get that pj fans are known to travel, but that's kinda weird. again, something vinyl related would be awesome. like a slipmat, as others have mentioned.
    but again, as I teach my kids, you get what you get, and you don't get upset. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359

I honest think they should let US help design the t-Shirts if that is what we're to get. [/quote]

Agreed!
  • Options
    I honest think they should let US help design the t-Shirts if that is what we're to get.
    Agreed!
    [/quote]

Could you imagine the shit-show of a disaster that would turn out to be?
    Everyone chirping in with ideas and the multitude of opinions and disagreements. "I want blue", I want red, I want black.
    A shirt would never get made and then we would all bitch about that too.

Letting us help design the 10c t-shirts would be a total clusterfuck and will never work
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I honest think they should let US help design the t-Shirts if that is what we're to get.
    Agreed!

Everyone chirping in with ideas and the multitude of opinions and disagreements. "I want blue", I want red, I want black.

Letting us help design the 10c t-shirts would be a total clusterfuck and will never work
    [/quote]

Not If by means of the contests. Remember when they had us submit art work
    For use on the "Ten" tshirt? That's what I meant. I guess I should have clarified that.

Besides I still want my Potty Poster tshirt!! ;-)
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    Lol by the way I read that as I want black I want red I want yellow.. ;-)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    Re people loving merch with the TMR brand vs the 10C brand: TMR isn't a fan club. It's a record company. Big difference.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    I agree the "I'm Analog" description is played out. I don't know why they are making it such a big deal. We aren't members of an "analog" fan club, we signed up for analog because we like physical Pearl Jam merchandise. Not analog merchandise. That said, it doesn't bug me too much as I have plenty of merch, and will go with the travel tags.

What does bug me a little is I have a November renewal date. So I have to wait 11 months to get one of these items. I've been a member since 1998, and will be one as long as there is a fan club or I'm alive so why not give me the opportunity to get the luggage tag now?
  • Options
    I'm confused. I thought that the shirt and/or sticker was apart of the analog membership. We have to now pay for the t-shirt? I then saw that some of you have a coupon code for it – is that in addition to the bootleg coupon code?
  • Options
    Also with tmr, a lot of it is bought strictly to try and profit on
  • Options
    I agree the "I'm Analog" description is played out. I don't know why they are making it such a big deal. We aren't members of an "analog" fan club, we signed up for analog because we like physical Pearl Jam merchandise. Not analog merchandise. That said, it doesn't bug me too much as I have plenty of merch, and will go with the travel tags.

What does bug me a little is I have a November renewal date. So I have to wait 11 months to get one of these items. I've been a member since 1998, and will be one as long as there is a fan club or I'm alive so why not give me the opportunity to get the luggage tag now?

You don't HVE TO wait.. But I do think it might change your renewal date. Check with them. I too have a NOVEMBER renewal date, and have been considering eventually renewing early. But as of this moment I am stuck waiting, as I am still recovering from having to go to rehab. My fault, my loss. And as for the A slog membership, it is just that.. Analog has nothing to do with the 'Physical'
    Items, save for the singles.. THAT is what makes the membership Analog, because that is how they are recorded. It has nothing to do with the shirts or Deep mags.. Those are just throw ins.. So in a way you have a point in the shirts. But it IS an analog distinction that is the difference. Otherwise it would be alllll digital and the band would save moneyon shipping. But hey, they just kick ass like that! ;-)
  • Options
    ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Indiana Dunes Posts: 205
    Has anyone ever been excited to give someone a gift that they put thought and effort into only to have the person complain that it's not what they wanted or it sucks? It kinda makes you feel like shit. Why not say thank you and stop acting like spoiled brats; "I didn't know what I was getting but I know that I didn't want that". In the grand scheme of things getting a shirt, or any gift for that matter, that you may not care for is a pretty good spot to be in compared to some of the real issues out there. :((
  • Options
    GardLivingston89GardLivingston89 Posts: 942
    edited January 2015
    Isn't the shirt mainly so when you see another fellow pearl jam fan they no what it means. Just because nobody else knows doesn't mean pearl jam fan club members wont no. Most people that dont listen to pearl jam could care less about your pearl jam shirt that says pearl jam on it anyways . You do it for yourself and to me i think the analog shirts seem funny id definatly where one and if anyone asked me about it id say its a pearl jam 10c member thing you wouldnt understand. For example i wear my lightning bolt pearl jam hat and i get asked if im wearing a flash hat. No. Do i care? No lol i love it anyways
    Post edited by GardLivingston89 on
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    ham_on_rye wrote: »
    Has anyone ever been excited to give someone a gift that they put thought and effort into only to have the person complain that it's not what they wanted or it sucks? It kinda makes you feel like shit. Why not say thank you and stop acting like spoiled brats; "I didn't know what I was getting but I know that I didn't want that". In the grand scheme of things getting a shirt, or any gift for that matter, that you may not care for is a pretty good spot to be in compared to some of the real issues out there. :((
    Amen.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    Re people loving merch with the TMR brand vs the 10C brand: TMR isn't a fan club. It's a record company. Big difference.

I think you are downplaying the 10club brand. Outside of pressing vinyl (which third man obviously has the advantage) there is no reason why the 10club can't step up their game and sell more creative and appealing merchandise in the shop.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options

Does listening to the bitching level at times make you feel like this?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxeNWnfAsIQPu7ErcG7jpVH6tcBukX2CO6qN8bQ21_Eb98IxwT
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,495
    I like the shirt.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I personally feel WAY more disappointed if the person I gave the gift to isn't really happy with it. So I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. If I give something to someone and they are not 100% happy with it, I truly want to know that so that I can make it so they really do love their gift, even if that means I have to take back the gift and replace it with something they like. I would HATE to know that someone wasn't completely honest with me because they were afraid I'd think they were being spoiled brats if they told me the truth. It's actually one of my biggest pet peeves when someone pretends to like a gift that I give them; my #1 goal when gift-giving is for the person to really like the gift. I want the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I hope that 10C also wants HONEST feedback from the people who are receiving these so-called gifts! They certainly SHOULD care how their customers really feel about EVERYTHING they do.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote: »

I think you are downplaying the 10club brand. Outside of pressing vinyl (which third man obviously has the advantage) there is no reason why the 10club can't step up their game and sell more creative and appealing merchandise in the shop.
    More creative and appealing 10C merchandise? I thought people here wanted Pearl Jam merch??
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    jervin007 wrote: »

More creative and appealing 10C merchandise? I thought people here wanted Pearl Jam merch??

I think you over interpreted my comment. I was referring to the Pearl Jam shop, not the 10club logo on products specifically
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,077
    As a non-vinyl collector, I keep thinking of floor mats for cars when I see people asking for "slip mats." I guess that'd be cool, maybe with a big Yield sign on them.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    edited January 2015
    Agreed!

[/quote]

Disagree. Do you remember when they did the Ten rerelease contest for a shirt design? There were some cool ones to vote for. Then the wave design won aaaannnnddd.... (if memory serves me correctly) they never did anything with it, never made the shirts available for purchase, and sent the original designer a cease and desist order when she tried to sell her shirt design on her own (only after Ten Club said they wouldn't actually be producing the winning shirt in a "t-shirt design contest.").

So if anyone would make it a clusterfuck, I think it would be the powers that be, not the fans actually doing the designing.

Think the I'm Anal OG logo has been done already... but stickers/posters/patch had been done too, 3 times in a row... I also wish stuff said Pearl Jam not Ten Club (though this says neither) BUT I actually DO need new luggage tags! So I'm going to go with that option when I renew this month. I moved last summer and my old cool Hawaii luggage tags all have my old address on them in sharpie marker. So, at least it's something I will use a couple times a year, no matter what it says on it, compared to another shirt I don't need that I won't wear.

To sum up, I am neither satisfied or dissatisfied with this years gift. :) I'll take it and use it. But dumb design.
    Post edited by High Fidelity 2000 on
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,760
    Do away with it all....have a flat standard $25 membership fee for first crack at tickets plus a holiday vinyl single.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2015
    Agreed!

Disagree.So if anyone would make it a clusterfuck, I think it would be the powers that be, not the fans actually doing the designing.

[/quote]
    Could the powers that be actually be Pearl Jam and not the fans?
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on