Options

2015 Ten Club Analog Shirt (& Limited Edition Items?)

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    I'm confused. I thought that the shirt and/or sticker was apart of the analog membership. We have to now pay for the t-shirt? I then saw that some of you have a coupon code for it – is that in addition to the bootleg coupon code?
    When your membership renews, you will get a code that's redeemable for one membership item. Now, if you want both items, you'll have to pay for the other. But yes, one item is free, you just have to wait til your membership renews & use the code.
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,759
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbsJPO-ZreM

The first 20 seconds of this ad seems awfully familiar....but i can't quite place it.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Lmao!! Hahahaha!!
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited January 2015
    After 3 years of stickers etc. which were actually nicely desiGned but of no use to me whatsoever. Another AnaloG tshirt that is actually worse than the white. I have no issue with a shirt but the desiGn is just so poor with very little thouGht. They miGht call it a Gift but did they not hike the price up when they introduced the AnaloG thinG.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Now the complaining thing is starting to piss me off! Yes the Analog orice is higher than the digital price. If you can't seriously figure out why, then you're not reay thinking too well are you??? So, since there's such an issue.. Two points then I'm done with this.

ONE : first and foremost, it is a gift. The Analog membership is called that because we receive our singles in the ANALOG format. Period!

TWO: it costs more, because they have to ship them to us. Vinyl is not light! Add the fact that it's shipped with the physical format of the Deep mag, and that weighs a little more. Not that it's unbearably heavy, but shipping any thing if ANY significant weight is NOT cheap. The fact that you even GET anything outside of the mag and the single is awesome! If you don't like what you're getting, give it away.

Side note... I understand the pint if feedback. But this has gone beyond feedback.. It used to be said, you can't please everyone. In this screwed up day and age it can now be said you can't please anyone.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I'm good!!!
    I liked the sticker/poster packages we got...
    especially the patches and window clings!!
    And I like the luggage tags for this year.
    The T-shirt isn't my favorite thing ever,
    but I'll still get one anyway because I like the red shirt!
    :D
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Now the complaining thing is starting to piss me off!
    ONE : first and foremost, it is a gift.

TWO: it costs more, because they have to ship them to us. Vinyl is not light! Add the fact that it's shipped with the physical format of the Deep mag, and that weighs a little more. Not that it's unbearably heavy, but shipping any thing if ANY significant weight is NOT cheap.

Can you imagine the bitching when the Analog members receive a Benny with their renewal. Oh boy
  • Options
    Now the complaining thing is starting to piss me off!
    ONE : first and foremost, it is a gift.

TWO: it costs more, because they have to ship them to us. Vinyl is not light! Add the fact that it's shipped with the physical format of the Deep mag, and that weighs a little more. Not that it's unbearably heavy, but shipping any thing if ANY significant weight is NOT cheap.

Can you imagine the bitching when the Analog members receive a Benny with their renewal. Oh boy

=))
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    Now the complaining thing is starting to piss me off! Yes the Analog orice is higher than the digital price. If you can't seriously figure out why, then you're not reay thinking too well are you??? So, since there's such an issue.. Two points then I'm done with this.

ONE : first and foremost, it is a gift. The Analog membership is called that because we receive our singles in the ANALOG format. Period!

TWO: it costs more, because they have to ship them to us. Vinyl is not light! Add the fact that it's shipped with the physical format of the Deep mag, and that weighs a little more. Not that it's unbearably heavy, but shipping any thing if ANY significant weight is NOT cheap. The fact that you even GET anything outside of the mag and the single is awesome! If you don't like what you're getting, give it away.

Side note... I understand the pint if feedback. But this has gone beyond feedback.. It used to be said, you can't please everyone. In this screwed up day and age it can now be said you can't please anyone.
    Not only the shipping cost, but the cost of shipping materials as well. That shit ain't cheap, even in bulk.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited January 2015
    ^^ All true. As I said on AET, renewing Analog is an option. It isn't THE only option. It is not a requirement of life. I'm with Dave. I liked the stickers and things that they offered before. I appreciate that we get ANYTHING at all.

I agree with Whispering Hands & HesCalledDyer. Shipping that stuff isn't cheap and shipping materials are almost worse.

If the membership offerings aren't something that works for you, then don't worry about getting it. Feel free to take the money and support one of the Vitalogy Foundation's many non-profits. You won't get a free shirt, stickers or anything like that, but you will have gone forth and helped others and that is a great thing. Food for thought. Maybe that should be one of the options for Analog membership choices. T-shirt, luggage tags or VF non-profit support.
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I'm analog purely for the physical holiday single. Like a few previous posters have said, I'm a fan of Pearl Jam, not a fan of the Fan Club. I think all members should be given the option of the gift, and I'd prefer if the gifts had major branding of the band and then minor branding of the 10c so others could recognise that firstly we're PJ fans, and secondly we're in the PJ fan club. There have been so many cool posters, artwork, shirts etc associated with the band over its history, surely a more interesting design can be achieved. Not a fan of the I'm Analog branding. We're all Pearl Jam fans.
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I don't mind getting a shirt or luggage tags (which I can use). I just wish they weren't so fugly.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    dot30dot30 The Great Midwest Posts: 83
    When did we get window clings??
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable.
  • Options
    dot30 wrote: »
    When did we get window clings??
    They were in our Analog membership gifts for 2013 & 2014:

20140625_203730_zpsc55vaajq.jpg

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Is it really important to people that others recognize they are pj fans?
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 948
    My problem with it is I don't see it as a 'gift'. Dress it up any way you want but when you constantly get the vinyl, deep mag, bootleg & tshirt/stickers, I don't see anything as a free gift anymore, more that is what I now expect for $20. It's like turning round & saying the vinyl is the free 'gift', it's always the same sort of stuff & loses that gift feeling. If the gift was occasionally more interesting that would be great, but as an adult I don't have much use for stickers.

Having said that, it is obvious that's purely how I see it & not a dig at the fan club. I just think the designs are consistently poor, which I'm allowed to have an opinion on without people thinking I'm ungrateful for a gift. This is why I changed to digital next year.
  • Options
    abedogabedog Posts: 4
    Nothing is for free my friends, the cost of the 'gift' is definitely built into the price of the analog membership. I don't get peoples argument that "It's a gift so stop complaining". Why give a 'gift' that nobody likes? That doesn't make sense to me. Let's reward our loyal fan base by giving them something they want...now that makes sense to me.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    deadendp wrote: »
    Food for thought. Maybe that should be one of the options for Analog membership choices. T-shirt, luggage tags or VF non-profit support.

AWESOME idea!!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    deadendp wrote: »
    Food for thought. Maybe that should be one of the options for Analog membership choices. T-shirt, luggage tags or VF non-profit support.

AWESOME idea!!

I dig this idea as well.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pdalowsky wrote: »
    Is it really important to people that others recognize they are pj fans?

Lol

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    If you go digital, you can still score the deep mag and single on ebay usually for a lot less than the price of the member
    Whispering hands....

Except this one..
    http://www.metallica.com/metclub/metclub-more-info.asp

Cool!! I love seeing that bands try to be sure their fans are happy! Of course, I'm sure the Metallicans are just as ungrateful at times as we are.. Are are we the rarity?

Metallica played a week of fanclub only shows at $19.81 per show. Cant get much more awesome than that.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    Re people loving merch with the TMR brand vs the 10C brand: TMR isn't a fan club. It's a record company. Big difference.

they are essentially the same business up front. Tmr is a fan club that happens to press specialty vinyl for other artists. All i mean is their "fan club" type shirts they do for their packages are usually very neat. And something different every time. I don't think people would bitch so much if 10 didnt repeat itself every bloody year.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Everyone has a right to express their opinion. They upped the price if you wanted to stay the Analog route and tried to say this stuff was a gift. They could have increased the price a little but kept the price lower than it is by not manufacturing these 'gifts'. Neither the stickers or the ts are likely to entice members. Manufacturing this stuff just seems a waste.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,218
    Ryan wrote: »
    This is atrocious, as were the sticker sets. Save me $10 or $20, as well as the shame of being in my 30s and still belonging to a fan club, and don't send any garbage with "10c" on it. I joined the fan club in the first place because I liked Pearl Jam, not because I am a fan of their fan club.

The only reason I still have the analog membership is to keep the holiday single collection going. If it weren't for that, I'd get a digital membership.

That's how I feel as well. Back in the day the membership (for international) jumped from $25 to $50. All we got was the I'm Analog Tshirt, stickers, and now an even tackier I'm Analog Shirt/Luggage Tags. I'm only analog for the Christmas Single. I suppose I could change it, go digital, and hope they sell the leftover singles on the website later on. Maybe they Could make a $35 or $40 medium membership which is Digital + the xmas single.
  • Options
    EVERYTHING that you buy has had prices drastically raised in the last 5-10 years.

For $40:
    -Cost of writing, editing, & printing Deep magazine
    -Cost of producing and pressing annual single
    -Cost of shipping materials to package Deep magazine & annual single
    -Cost of shipping that package w/ the mag & single
    -Operational / labor costs for all of the above
    -And if you consider the $10 bootleg download code is basically the same as buying yourself a gift card, then $30 covers everything else I've already mentioned. All that for $30 seems like a pretty reasonable deal to me, and 10C is still probably losing money on each member.

Safe to say that designing, printing, packaging, and shipping a t-shirt, luggage tags, or poster/sticker/patch kit is, indeed, a gift.
  • Options
    I appreciate the fact that 10 Club gives us the opportunity to purchase these members-only items.
    They may not be the best designs ever or even one of my favorite products they've done,
    but I do find these new products interesting & useful...
    I know the luggage tags will help my bags stand out on the baggage claim conveyor belts!!
    ;)

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,445
    I like ten club gear. Not a fan of the I'm Analog campaign.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Don't need no red t-shirt, don't need no luggage tags, don't need no time machine, got me an electronic dream!

(Going digital this year, yep)
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited January 2015
    It really would be a huge improvement if the "I'm" wasn't there.... i wonder if they've already had them all made? If not they should make the change.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    It really would be a huge improvement if the "I'm" wasn't there.... i wonder if they've already had them all made? If not they should make the change.

Imagine if there was a variant along the lines of
    "I'm an anal log"?
    Wonder how in demand analog memberships would be then...