Options

2 cops shot in Brooklyn

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I agree with JC, it does seem to tip towards them. Kind of like politicians. They get away with genocide.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    It will be interesting to see what type of following this crazy person had on social media and if anyone tried to warn authorities of his warnings.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    That's a good point Jason. ^^^
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Jason P wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what type of following this crazy person had on social media and if anyone tried to warn authorities of his warnings.

I heard that Baltimore police did send the NYPD a warning to look out for this guy. It just didn't get to those officers in time.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    i think the world would have been a better place if this Brinsley guy was taken out by a cop years ago. would have been no great loss to society. that's just my opinion.

i hope the media feels some responsibility in these NYPD deaths for continuing coverage and perpetuating the myth of hands up don't shoot. never let the facts get in the way of a good story is what drives today's media. sad.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited December 2014
    NYPD Commissioner William Bratton said on NBC on Monday that New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has lost the trust of "some" police officers.
    Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos were ambushed and assassinated at close range on Saturday by Ismaaiyl Brinsley, officials said.
    Before the shooting, Brinsley said on Instagram he was going to shoot police officers.
    On Monday, Bratton said that the shooting was a "spinoff" of the recent protests about the grand jury decisions to not indict police officers in the Eric Garner and Michael Brown cases.
    The incident has increased the rift between de Blasio and the nation's largest police force.
    It's reflective of the anger of some of them. There's a lot going on in the NYPD at the moment. Labor negotiations
    Labor negotiations
    Labor negotiations
    Labor negotiations
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    pjhawks wrote: »
    never let the facts get in the way of a good story is what drives today's media. sad.
    Unfortunately, I agree.

• Options
    Jason P wrote: »
    The guy couldn't even spell correctly the name of the person in whose "honor" he was going to commit murder.
  • Options
    rgambs wrote: »
    Thirty bills, "Pants up dont loot" is 1 example of the joking that was posted in the MB thread.

I never saw that or if I did... I paid no attention to it.

Thanks!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Given that the c is next to the v i would think it was a typo, he was prob better at spelling than math.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote: »
    i think the world would have been a better place if this Brinsley guy was taken out by a cop years ago. would have been no great loss to society. that's just my opinion.

i hope the media feels some responsibility in these NYPD deaths for continuing coverage and perpetuating the myth of hands up don't shoot. never let the facts get in the way of a good story is what drives today's media. sad.

There is truth to what you say here although some might not wish to acknowledge it.

The police have been thrust into the spotlight as public enemy number one and many fools are lapping it up and going all in on the notion- many even perpetuating it. The sensationalized cases compared to the amount of professional police work that happens daily are cosmically disproportionate.

The awareness generated for police abuse cases is significant and obviously police need to be held accountable for abusing their power at any level; however, the majority of people in society lack a discerning eye incapable of critical thought and easily influenced by media dribble. The media has saturated such people with the idea that police have gone rogue and the value of the police and their typically exceptional work has been deflated.

This manipulated loser targeted police because they were placed in his sights.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Post Deleted by Admin. See the Posting Guidelines.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    In this thread, the problem is a piece of shit who wanted to shoot his girlfriend and murder police officers. Any police officers. End of story.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JC29856 wrote: »
    The police have thrusted themselves in the spotlight as public enemy two behind isis and many fools are lapping it up and going all in on the notion that violent criminal thugs and the media are the real problem not police immunity to murder or brutality- many even perpetuating it. The sensationalized cases of black on cop crime compared to the amount of hard working law abiding black citizens are immensely disproportionate.

The awareness generated and number of police abuse cases largely go unreported as evidence by the independent websites that specifically deal with police abuses that are left out of MSM. Criminal thugs need to be held accountable for their chronic criminal ways; however, the majority of people in society lack a discerning eye incapable of critical thought and easily influenced by social media and the latest cool protest movement.
    When cops kill blame blacks, when blacks kill blame blacks, when whites kill blame movies and music.

Have you not gotten tired of the 'play-with-other-peoples-posts-and-twist-them-to-make-an-absurd-one'?

Why don't your parents make you get out of your bedroom and go look for a job? Seriously?

If you got a job... just think of all the Pokémon cards you could buy.
  • Options
    JC29856 wrote: »
    The police have thrusted themselves in the spotlight as public enemy two behind isis and many fools are lapping it up and going all in on the notion that violent criminal thugs and the media are the real problem not police immunity to murder or brutality- many even perpetuating it. The sensationalized cases of black on cop crime compared to the amount of hard working law abiding black citizens are immensely disproportionate.

The awareness generated and number of police abuse cases largely go unreported as evidence by the independent websites that specifically deal with police abuses that are left out of MSM. Criminal thugs need to be held accountable for their chronic criminal ways; however, the majority of people in society lack a discerning eye incapable of critical thought and easily influenced by social media and the latest cool protest movement.
    When cops kill blame blacks, when blacks kill blame blacks, when whites kill blame movies and music.

What the fuck is the purpose of copying someone else's post?
  • Options
    It's copying and changing certain words.

Kind of shady to me - difficult to give credibility to anyone who pulls this without being upfront.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558
    edited December 2014
    :bz
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558
    edited December 2014
    hedonist wrote: »

Kind of shady to me - difficult to give credibility to anyone who pulls this without being upfront.
    I believe that quoting or reposting and then changing someone's posts is a violation of the posting guidelines and can lead to a permanent ban.
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options

I believe that quoting and then changing someone's posts is a violation of the posting guidelines and can lead to a permanent ban.

Where are the mods when you need them?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    Copying and changing another's post? Not cool. Didn't know it happened and makes a joke of the whole place.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Pat lynch to speak soon, let's see if he chooses vinegar or honey.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I thought this was about two police officers being executed by some pompous scumbag arrested already almost 20 times, and who started off the day shooting his ex.

Too bad the system allowed his release after what, the 10th, 13th, 15th time.

I do feel outrage and sadness for these men, for their stupid loss of life, for the understatement saying "the pain" of their families and wives and children. There's no need to demand or provide outrage about other fucked up situations for the benefit of anyone here. No one's owed shit.

Winner.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    JimmyV wrote: »
    In this thread, the problem is a piece of shit who wanted to shoot his girlfriend and murder police officers. Any police officers. End of story.

not far behind in 2nd.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Profound statements from the mouth of pat lynch

June 2000: Lynch argued that Bruce Springsteen’s song about four NYPD officers shooting and killing an unarmed 23-year-old name Amadou Diallo was interfering with those (acquitted) officers’ “healing”:

Singer Bruce Springsteen has begun performing in concert a song called “American Skin”—the title seems to suggest that the shooting of Amadou Diallo was a case of racial profiling—which keeps repeating the phrase, “Forty-one-shots.” I consider it an outrage that he would be trying to fatten his wallet by reopening the wounds of this tragic case at a time when police officers and community members are in a healing period, and I have let his representatives and the press know how I feel about this song.

http://gawker.com/nypd-union-president-patrick-lynch-is-completely-nuts-1674178970
  • Options
    I'll give Jc credit, no matter the criticism, he just keeps plowing through. No matter how insane his posts get.
  • Options
    Insane lynch is insane

November 2013: Lynch accused the police department’s internal affairs unit of wearing “white socks” and fabricating evidence to indict fellow cops for fixing tickets:

Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association boss Pat Lynch showed up outside court with about 200 cops and union officials and slammed Bronx District Attorney Robert Johnson and Internal Affairs. Johnson and prosecutors, he said, “were tripping on each other and didn’t even know their own case…we do not believe this was a proper investigation.” Internal Affairs, Lynch declared, is a “white socks entity” that “is constantly on a witch hunt.”

“They’re unprofessional, they never prove a case. They don’t go after real corruption, they go out where the police officers are, wearing white socks, and then they fabricate from there. They’re not real professionals. When the truth comes out these wrongfully accused police officers will be vindicated.”
  • Options
    Hours after two NYPD officers were shot dead in their patrol car on Saturday, a memo attributed to the city's largest police union urged its 23,000 active members to not write any summonses or make any arrests unless "absolutely necessary." "We have, for the first time in a number of years, become a 'wartime' police department," the memo stated. The Patrolmen's Benevolent Association disavowed the memo, but their members turned their backs to the mayor at the hospital. Their stridency fits a pattern: for decades, police unions have done seemingly outrageous things to gain leverage for their members.
    Cont...

http://gothamist.com/2014/12/22/police_unions_nypd.php
  • Options
    Fox affiliate... Media maybe are to blame for police brutality
    From
    We can't stop!
    We won't stop!
    'til killer cops are in cell blocks!

To

We can't stop!
    We won't stop!
    So kill a cop!

Fox "news"

FOX News Edits Protest Video To Show Protesters C…: http://youtu.be/ibeZCkHwb-I
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I guess they could have improvised and changed a verse or two...
    Sharpton's "Go Kill A Cop" march in Wash DC: http://youtu.be/qZfbrItDvrU

By cutting away from the video mid-chant, FOX's segment paints protestors as explicitly calling for the murder of police. They've depicted a non-violent protest about accountability for police brutality as a bloodthirsty mob.

What's significant about this act – other than the fact that it is intended for and will be gobbled up by psychotic paranoid racist conservative white people as evidence of the inherent criminality of black people – is that the woman leading the chant is Tawanda Jones, the sister of Tyrone West, who was murdered by Baltimore City Police on July 18, 2013. The West family's quest for justice for this crime has been overwhelmingly ignored by the city of Baltimore – after 73 weeks' worth of "West Wednesday" actions, the family has still not even been given Tyrone's full autopsy report.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    I'll give Jc credit, no matter the criticism, he just keeps plowing through. No matter how insane his posts get.

NO Kidding, I usually can only read one or two sentences before my head starts to hurt, but there is laughter often involved so there is a entertainment element. I wonder how the bands that he says he manages feel about all the time he seems to have looking up all this nonsense?? On second thought they have to stink too so never mind.