Options

2 cops shot in Brooklyn

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,871
    JC29856 wrote: »
    I posted the link hours ago this article minutes ago and does make reference to nypd

Meanwhile, media from around the country are calling for information in the wake of the execution-style killings of two New York Police Department officers in Brooklyn, deputies said. Gualtieri said there is no indication at this time that the Tarpon Springs shooting is related to what happened in New York.
    I stand corrected. from this very portion , makes my point though.
    so you pull from the article I link and completely ignore what in your link"from hours ago" Stating that this was in fact a connected crime?

whatever, makes no difference. enjoy your holidays however you celebrate or not.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    I never stated this was a connected crime, i posted a link that reported another cop was shot, it's timestamped 10:38am.
    It's refreshing to see you correct yourself and it appears you're calmer from your original post.
    Happy Holidays
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/suspected-killer-death-nypd-officers-had-long-troubled-past

New details released in the execution-style killing of two New York City police officers reveal a suspected killer with a long, troubled history of arrests, incarceration and family estrangement.

Investigators are currently trying to determine if Brinsley in fact attended any of the many protests across the country calling for justice in their deaths.

I read elsewhere that besides the insta gram posts there isn't much else on his social media accounts.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »
    You really think citizens go out and say "I really want to kill a cop today"? C'mon.

# of police? # of citizens killed by police?
    # of citizens? # of cops killed by citizens?

Choke holds due 2 things, partially cut off air to lungs, partially cut off blood to brain.
    Anyone who says, if you can talk you can breathe, have someone put you in a choke hold for 9 seconds.

Have you ever seen the choking posters at restaurants? You know what the universal sign for choking is?
    It's not saying "I'm choking".
    It's holding your hands to your throat because you can not talk...

To this... if one is 'legitimately' choking... they cannot speak- air cannot get in or out.

By mentioning this, I'm not offering support for these officers... I'm just pointing out the reality of the situation.

Though you can't really argue with the outcome. Guess he proved you wrong by, you know, dying

Was asphyxiation the official cause of death? I understood that the 'choke hold' initiated a chain of reactions in Garner, but was not the direct cause of death.

Do I have this wrong? If so... sorry. If not... maybe check your smart ass tone.

I'm not trying to abdicate the officers from brutality. There needed to be charges laid here.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited December 2014
    He had the exact same response when I said that it's impossible to be choking if you are talking. The main factor was all of the officers kneeling on him for almost a minute while they were handcuffing him. Had they not done that, he probably would not have died. I'm aware that can never be proven, but he was breathing and conscious when the cop let go of the choke hold.

An op-ed article from a health care professional:
    http://thefederalist.com/2014/12/05/what-everyones-missing-by-focusing-on-nypd-chokehold-of-eric-garner/
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    muskydan wrote: »
    You really think citizens go out and say "I really want to kill a cop today"? C'mon.

Choke holds due 2 things, partially cut off air to lungs, partially cut off blood to brain.
    Anyone who says, if you can talk you can breathe, have someone put you in a choke hold for 9 seconds.

Hey JC and anyone else who thinks this is remotely acceptable . It's time to let the big boys and reasonable people in the room discuss this topic. As we all will experience this holiday season with our families there is a adult table and a children's table. You and anyone else who thinks this is justified needs to go play tidily winks at the children's table with Mayor Bill de Blasio. Stay off this one SIR…Way out of your league. REST IN PEACE OFFICER WENJIAN LIU and OFFICER RAFAEL RAMOS. ...Stay safe ALL
    he has every right to discuss this as you do.

it isn't so funny when something happens to one of yours is it?

see. we need to have an uncomfortable discussion about race, crime, and police use of force in this country. the ones who don't want to have it dismiss everybody else and say they should stay out of the discussion.

the ones like me that want to have it sit back and watch the predictable deflection and shake my head.

the failure of the justice system is what brought about today's tragedy.

He does have a right to discuss it as others do... except he's not discussing it like others do. He's discussing it in a really childish and weird way. It's not intelligent... it's not clever... and it's not funny... it's just goofy.

What type of comment is it isn't so funny when something happens to one of yours is it? Who ever said any of these killings were funny? By making this comment, did you mean to infer that criminals like Brown are 'one of yours'?

Further... I don't know what you mean by stating the ones like me that want to have it sit back and watch the predictable deflection and shake my head. What is the typical deflection you expect?

oh wait, so these same people who are so outraged by the murders of these cops did not offer commentary that is "not intelligent, not clever, not funny" in the mike brown thread? we had a first responder take over that thread and make statements exactly like that.

and to answer your second question, you guys were joking about mike brown's death. it was funny to you guys. the entire slogan "hands up don't shoot" is funny to you guys. all of a sudden, when cops get shot in the line of duty turnabout is not fair play.

i sit back and watch the people in this thread and others who do not want to have the conversation i was speaking of earlier as they deflect and refuse to acknowledge what led to the events of yesterday.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    "something is really fucked up when you are trained that "the number one rule is to go home at the end of your shift". that gives cops a very wide latitude in making decisions. it makes them believe that they are not accountable for their actions, which in most cases, is a fact"...

You have no idea what you are taking about...Let me make this crystal clear to you....IF WE CANNOT PROTECT OURSELVES WE PROTECT YOU...it's very simple. Going home to our familes IS and ALWAYS will be number one. If you can't wrap your brain around that then you belong at the children's table w/ that shameful NYC mayor De Blasio. STAY SAFE ALL

police work for me. they are civil servants who are employees who i pay with my taxes. i do not want police murdering unarmed people. period. you are not a judge. you are not a jury. you are not an executioner. period.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

Hey JC and anyone else who thinks this is remotely acceptable . It's time to let the big boys and reasonable people in the room discuss this topic. As we all will experience this holiday season with our families there is a adult table and a children's table. You and anyone else who thinks this is justified needs to go play tidily winks at the children's table with Mayor Bill de Blasio. Stay off this one SIR…Way out of your league. REST IN PEACE OFFICER WENJIAN LIU and OFFICER RAFAEL RAMOS. ...Stay safe ALL
    he has every right to discuss this as you do.

it isn't so funny when something happens to one of yours is it?

see. we need to have an uncomfortable discussion about race, crime, and police use of force in this country. the ones who don't want to have it dismiss everybody else and say they should stay out of the discussion.

the ones like me that want to have it sit back and watch the predictable deflection and shake my head.

the failure of the justice system is what brought about today's tragedy.

He does have a right to discuss it as others do... except he's not discussing it like others do. He's discussing it in a really childish and weird way. It's not intelligent... it's not clever... and it's not funny... it's just goofy.

What type of comment is it isn't so funny when something happens to one of yours is it? Who ever said any of these killings were funny? By making this comment, did you mean to infer that criminals like Brown are 'one of yours'?

Further... I don't know what you mean by stating the ones like me that want to have it sit back and watch the predictable deflection and shake my head. What is the typical deflection you expect?

oh wait, so these same people who are so outraged by the murders of these cops did not offer commentary that is "not intelligent, not clever, not funny" in the mike brown thread? we had a first responder take over that thread and make statements exactly like that.

and to answer your second question, you guys were joking about mike brown's death. it was funny to you guys. the entire slogan "hands up don't shoot" is funny to you guys. all of a sudden, when cops get shot in the line of duty turnabout is not fair play.

i sit back and watch the people in this thread and others who do not want to have the conversation i was speaking of earlier as they deflect and refuse to acknowledge what led to the events of yesterday.

You're out of your freaking mind.

When did I ever 'joke' about Mike Brown's death? When did I ever say the slogan is funny? For that matter... when did anyone? I've been following all these threads pretty closely and I cannot recall people chuckling and poking fun like you have suggested. Please point me to where I need to see this so I can try and understand what the hell you're talking about.

And instead of sitting back and watching this thread as fumblers fumble through it... why don't you enlighten everyone as to why two officers were executed by some idiot? Do you seriously think this tool was motivated to die on the cross by executing two innocent cops because this was his statement against police brutality and/or racial profiling? This was a cowardly act by a loser that had nothing left to live for. If you have an alternative theory... spit it out instead of blathering ambiguously about a more refined motive.

Would you be as 'understanding' if it was some asshole targeting pedophiles and rapists?

Chalk one up for you guys, eh?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Gimme,Apples and Oranges.
    The cop killings in NY were premeditated ,cold blooded murder.
    The Brown case was a justified shooting in response to Brown Assulting the officer and attempting to take his gun.THIS IS A GRAND JURYS FINDINGS.

• Options
    Similar to where is the outrage and protests when they kill each other (ignoring the fact that the black killer is likely charged convicted) there were 2 cops killed in nyc in the past 3 years (31 felonious nationwide) yet 74 nypd died from 911 related illnesses (cancer) 14 more than died as a direct result from the attacks.....where's the outrage the turning backs to Giuliani Whitman Christie the declaration of war the conviction of the lying liars?
    Then ny tried to deny compensation for their death and injuries! 100s of nypd that were on scene and first responders all suffer respiratory illness, nope not 911 air quality. Nope not the asbestos laden towers.

I repeat more died as a result of lies about ground zero safety than from the attack 74 to 60. For arguments sake...lets say half died or got sick from working 300 hours at the site post attack and the other half died or suffered injury from the attacks that day or days after that still dwarfs the 2 killed on Sat.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/26/nyregion/26whitman.html?n=Top/Reference/Times Topics/Organizations/E/Environmental Protection Agency

http://www.villagevoice.com/2007-07-31/news/rudy-giuliani-s-five-big-lies-about-9-11/full/

http://revcom.us/a/1228/epa.htm
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    "something is really fucked up when you are trained that "the number one rule is to go home at the end of your shift". that gives cops a very wide latitude in making decisions. it makes them believe that they are not accountable for their actions, which in most cases, is a fact"...

You have no idea what you are taking about...Let me make this crystal clear to you....IF WE CANNOT PROTECT OURSELVES WE PROTECT YOU...it's very simple. Going home to our familes IS and ALWAYS will be number one. If you can't wrap your brain around that then you belong at the children's table w/ that shameful NYC mayor De Blasio. STAY SAFE ALL

police work for me. they are civil servants who are employees who i pay with my taxes. i do not want police murdering unarmed people. period. you are not a judge. you are not a jury. you are not an executioner. period.

What the heck do you know about Police work??? I have said this before, Police are not punching bags and if you attack or resist the Police expect very bad things to happen to eliminate the threat with death being a possibility. WE DON"T CARE WHAT YOU WANT, especially when we are fighting for our lives…OUR BOTTOM LINE IS ALWAYS TO GET THROUGH WITH OUR SHIFT SAFELY AND GO HOME TO OUR FAMILIES. How can you possibly not understand that?

ALL first responder's would rather be JUDGED BY 12 than CARRIED BY 6….

Stay SAFE
  • Options
    Who paid the school tuition for all the 100s of kids that watched their dad's wither away to skin and bones and die from lymphoma? What do the police reps say about the lying and denying the cause of injury and death for fucking 8 years?
    Let me know because i could be way off base here and totally irrelevant but i certainly don't remember exponential outrage and declarations of war?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hundreds of first responders from the nypd and the fdny are not home for Christmas this year as a result of lies and mismanagement.
    Giuliani became rich from Giuliani partners, Whitman cemented her role as a yes women and those poor bastards suffered and died.
    Yeah tell me more....
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I thought this was about two police officers being executed by some pompous scumbag arrested already almost 20 times, and who started off the day shooting his ex.

Too bad the system allowed his release after what, the 10th, 13th, 15th time.

I do feel outrage and sadness for these men, for their stupid loss of life, for the understatement saying "the pain" of their families and wives and children. There's no need to demand or provide outrage about other fucked up situations for the benefit of anyone here. No one's owed shit.
  • Options
    Hundreds of first responders from the nypd and the fdny are not home for Christmas this year as a result of lies and mismanagement.
    Giuliani became rich from Giuliani partners, Whitman cemented her role as a yes women and those poor bastards suffered and died.
    Yeah tell me more....

What's your point? That Giuliani lied? Ok. What's your point?
  • Options
    Disapproval, disrespecting and unprofessional towards the mayor. If they treat their boss that way how do they threat the thugs and criminals on the streets?
    Who gave the police an opinion anyway? Is that part of protecting and serving?
    Police mini protesting...

The killing of the two police officers, which Police Commissioner William J. Bratton has called an "assassination," comes at a moment of heightened tension between Mayor Bill de Blasio and the Police Department.

In a show of disapproval and disrespect, police officers, led by union officials, turned their backs to him on Saturday night when the mayor went to the hospital to talk about the two officers who were killed.
  • Options
    So it's ok for everybody to protest except for policemen?
  • Options
    Skyhook!

This shrill cry of “policism” (a form of reverse racism) by Pataki and the police unions is a hollow and false whine born of financial self-interest (unions) or party politics (Republican Pataki besmirching Democrat de Blasio) rather than social justice. These tragic murders now become a bargaining chip in whatever contract negotiations or political aspirations they have.

In a Dec. 21, 2014 article about the shooting, the Los Angeles Times referred to the New York City protests as “anti-police marches,” which is grossly inaccurate and illustrates the problem of perception the protestors are battling. The marches are meant to raise awareness of double standards, lack of adequate police candidate screening, and insufficient training that have resulted in unnecessary killings. Police are not under attack, institutionalized racism is. Trying to remove sexually abusive priests is not an attack on Catholicism, nor is removing ineffective teachers an attack on education. Bad apples, bad training, and bad officials who blindly protect them, are the enemy. And any institution worth saving should want to eliminate them, too.

http://time.com/3643462/kareem-abdul-jabbar-nypd-shootings-police/
  • Options
    Look who shows up when the cameras are rolling and the spotlights are on, the police union reps and politicians ready to use the slaying of police officers to further self interests and political gain.
    The police and associations and mayor have been squabbling for months now so when both see an opportunity to further their interests, they pounce.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Delusional, more propaganda to further self interests. The facts seem to contradict this statement from Baltimore fop. When you're seeking unequivocal support of law enforcement to get away with murder and brutality who needs facts.

Key word in all of this mess....OVERREACTION!

http://www.fop3.org/
  • Options
    Another good piece...
    For the state and its agents, “the ultimate expression of sovereignty resides, to a large degree, in the power and the capacity to dictate who may live and who must die,” the postcolonial scholar Achilles Mbembe wrote of his term necropolitics, which describe who, exactly, wields the power to kill. The fear inside that police union boss is not just about the actual violence which may befall his members; it’s a fear that the NYPD is in danger of losing its monopoly on the threat of violence. To Patrick Lynch (and to all of us), a cop’s killing is unacceptable. But to Patrick Lynch (and to too many white people), a cop acting as judge, jury and executioner is somehow acceptable.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/21/two-nypd-cops-killed-wartime-police-protesters?CMP=share_btn_tw
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    So sad. So tragic and pointless. What a waste of lives.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Nypd leadership...
    The head of the NYPD’s largest union again lashed out at Mayor de Blasio, claiming Hizzoner is “running a f---ing revolution” rather than a city.
    But Anthony Miranda, a retired NYPD lieutenant and chair of the National Latino Officers Association, called Lynch’s comments “alarmist.”

“Lynch is feeding into the emotions of cops. That doesn’t lead to good relations,” Miranda said.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/politics/pba-president-blasts-de-blasio-runs-revolution-article-1.2050551#bmb=1
  • Options
    Thirty bills, "Pants up dont loot" is 1 example of the joking that was posted in the MB thread.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    3 strikes and you're out like in Ca. Throw away the key for criminals both bad cops and bad fucken people.
  • Options
    We cant afford to fill our jails with non-violent criminals caught in 3 strike programs any more than we already do.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I believe it's 3 strikes and you're out in "felonies". I think that's the procedure.
  • Options
    But, while every killing of an officer is a tragedy, it is worth noting, as my colleague Shane Bauer reported in the context of another story, assaults and felony killings of police officers in the US are down sharply over the past two decades. Attention has also been focused on Brinsley's race, but FBI data shows that, though African Americans are arrested and incarcerated at a higher rate than whites, the majority of assailants who feloniously killed police officers in the past year were white.

Some charts illustrating decrease in violent crime....
    http://m.motherjones.com/mojo/2014/12/attacks-against-police-officers-are-in-decline
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    badbrains wrote: »
    I believe it's 3 strikes and you're out in "felonies". I think that's the procedure.

I think your right.And also even as a gun owner I am all for min sentencing guidelines if firearms are used while committing a crime.We have the 10/20/life law here in Fl.I don't see it slow the violence,but on the other end maybe it helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    3 strikes won't work if the strikezones for cops and citizens aren't the same. Based on recent events cops get an intentional pass no matter the circumstance.