arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    mdg164 wrote:
    made to order, not "burn to order" on the actual order page
    hard copy bootlegs, not soft copy CD-R's
    physical CD is listed, not physical CD-R or burnt CD
    CDs will be manufactured, not CD-R's will be burnt
    official bootleg CD program, not burnt CDR program
    provide fans with high-quality affordable bootlegs, not low-quality CD-R's

worst comparisons ever. "Bootlegs" should imply a homemade sense. Everyone quit whining for petes sake. I hope you didnt buy em all...
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    olderman wrote:
    There are gaps between tracks on my Bonnaroo boot. My WPB and Tampa do not have the gaps. This implies an inconsistent production process at Kafula.

I don't think Kafula will be back for the next bootleg series.

I listened to Bonnaroo Disc 1 today on my way to and from work. There were NO GAPS. The gaps only happened on my desk top using the Media Player. I don't understand why the gaps are present on the DT. Doesn't matter as I usually don't listen to CD's on my computer. Neverthelss, I felt it would be only right to correct myself as there have been plenty of bad vibes regarding the boots.

The only thing I am waiting for now is my two missing Bonnaroo boots.

btw, I thought the sound was fuckin' AWESOME!!!
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    mdg164mdg164 Posts: 206
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    Are you 12? Because that's the exact same thing my niece would do. If you are, I can understand your fascination of just bitching instead of trying to rectify the problem. If you're older than 12, then maybe you should take a break and get some perspective in your life.

So your 12 year old niece would point out that you are wrong too? I'm sorry that even children can figure you out! I see you skip the fact that I point out that you completely misquoted me, and go right for an insult... is that all you got? What is your fascination with bitching in this thread? Why do you care what other people's problems? Can't you find anything in your own life to worry about? Or is it your life's goal to blindly agree with PJ?
    Arakias wrote:
    worst comparisons ever. "Bootlegs" should imply a homemade sense. Everyone quit whining for petes sake. I hope you didnt buy em all...

It's funny that you mention the worst comparison ever, because I think you just gave it. "Bootlegs SHOULD IMPLY a homemade SENSE".... what does that even mean? Let's just ignore the fact that the website is VERY mis-leading, and blindly agree with PJ! Let's ignore the fact that 2000 and 2003 boots were pressed CDs. More importantly, why do you care if we are upset?
    09/02/00 09/05/00
    04/25/03 05/02/03 5/3/03 6/24/03 6/28/03 7/5/03 7/6/03 7/11/03 7/12/03 7/14/03
    09/28/04 09/29/04 10/01/04 10/02/04
    09/28/05 09/30/05 10/03/05
    5/24/06 5/25/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/01/06 6/03/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 7/22/06 7/23/06
    6/20/08 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    Fury ThreeFury Three Posts: 32
    I'd be concerned about these discs being burned if they weren't Taiyo Yuden. I think they should be commended for using proper media. If anyone else were handling this, you would likely receive Taiwanese coasters.
  • Options
    raszputiniraszputini Posts: 119
    A lot of you folks are just ungrateful shits. If I were the boys, I'd just stop making them. There, problem friggin' solved. Let's all just forget the fact that these guys have released mastered, soundboard-quality recordings of every single show with the exception of the mini-European Tour last year. We're talking 8 years and hundreds of shows. Give the bitching a break.

Now, if you got a damaged, wierd tracked, or otherwise unplayable or wrong disc, then you've got a bitch. Mistakes happen when humans do things. My experience with 10c suggests that if you get in contact with them, they'll make it right. You'll probably need to send in the "bogus" disc(s).

That's not what I'm hearing here.

-We're crying cause the tracks are named inconsistently digitally and won't line up right in your Ipod? Well, burn the damn disc and rename them however you want.

-Don't like the artwork? (I agree it isn't as cool as 2005 or 2006, but I hated 2003). Make art you like, then. If you want, you can use mine. It isn't the greatest cd art, but I dig it. Here's art for every show-

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U4RIA06O

-Mad because they are CD-Rs? I can't help you there other than to say don't buy any more then. But what real difference does it make other than if they were silvers "they'd be worth something someday", and as CDR's, they probably won't be. No joke, I have EVERY SINGLE circulated Pearl Jam show and could really give a shit less what any of them are worth.

HOW ABOUT - for $16.99 you get to listen to a show that you attended and had your faced rocked off at - over and over again, as many time as you like, until you die. That's a pretty good deal. And if you want, you can even choose shows you DIDN'T attend, just to see what you missed, and you can choose from them all? WOW! I wish every band would do that.

Just goes to show, no matter HOW HARD you try to make some folks happy, they're just gonna bitch. People are pricks.
  • Options
    raszputini wrote:

Just goes to show, no matter HOW HARD you try to make some folks happy, they're just gonna bitch. People are pricks.

What he said
    Gets up, lights a cigarette he's grown to hate
    Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?

But his heart don't seem to roam......
  • Options
    Really why does it matter that they are CD-Rs? I mean, you're getting the exact same quality, with the same flow as a normal cd. If these guys would've covered over the CD-R label with art work many of you (if not all) wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Quality? As much as I love 2007's Live at the Gorge box set, the 2005 show could've had better quality. Decent quality with the 2008 boots IMO. For those who aren't satisfied w/ the quality, there are audio-editing programs out there that may help ease the pain. You've got to consider and realize that the process is expensive and you're not going to end up with perfect results.

I do have a question for those who have ordered more than one CD:

How long did shipping take?
    Drifting away..........
  • Options
    Really why does it matter that they are CD-Rs? I mean, you're getting the exact same quality, with the same flow as a normal cd. If these guys would've covered over the CD-R label with art work many of you (if not all) wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Because they were not selling CD-R's! Based on 2000 and 2003 boots, and the wording of their website, they were selling pressed CDs. WE are upset because we were mis-led! After all this time, the website is STILL misleading! It really has nothing to do with sound quality. Chances are most of us that are upset would have still bought the CD-R's if we knew what we were buying, and assuming they also didn't screw us on shipping.

CD-R's are not silver on the bottom, most of us would have figured it out pretty damn quick. I believe eBay is pretty strict about trying to pass off CD-R's as pressed CD's.
    I do have a question for those who have ordered more than one CD:

How long did shipping take?

Speaking of Shipping.... WE are also pissed that the shipping sucks. You pay $17 a boot whether you order 1 single boot, 3 together, or 3 at seperate times. Normally there is a discount on shipping to have multiple items shipped together. So any logical person saw $17 included shipping, and assumed they would come 1 show at a time. I am STILL waiting for my order.

If they would ship every show as it was completed, and clearly listed the CD's as CD-R's, I would have still bought them. Hell, I'd have to download and burn to CD-R's anyway, and make some sort of case. The point is, We don't like being mis-led or lied to. We are also free to express our anger.

This isn't a for/against CD-R thread. This is a for/against false advertising! We all fall in to one of these 4 groups:
    1) A small portion of you assumed they would be CD-R's based on your history with other bands.
    2) A small portion of you read the 1 obscure location that said "burnt".
    3) You just don't care that you were mis-led, PJ does no wrong.
    4) Pissed that you were mis-led about CD-R's and shipping.

If you fall in to 1 or 2, congrats on being lucky! If you fall in to 3, you won't admit it. If you fall in to 4, you better just shut the hell up, because PJ is the most awesome band in the world!
    09/02/00 09/05/00
    5/24/06 5/25/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/01/06 6/03/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 7/22/06 7/23/06
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    Arakias wrote:

Most bootlegs bands release (have their fans pay for) are pretty much crystal clear (Bruce Springsteen, NIN, DMB, Coldplay, Billy Joel).

These sound like they have been drug through the mud.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    jimbeejimbee Posts: 81
    wahhhhhhhhhhhh...i need another thing to complain about....wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    * Friends don't let friends use MP3 *
  • Options
    mozettimozetti Posts: 95
    mdg164 wrote:
    If they would ship every show as it was completed, and clearly listed the CD's as CD-R's, I would have still bought them.

So, you were expecting something different, but you still would have bought them even if knew all the nitty gritty details. You're mad about the situation, but in the end the result is the same?

Then WTF is your problem? Seems like a lot of wasted energy about something that wouldn't have changed no matter the scenario.

Wow, dude, have a prozac.
  • Options
    mozetti wrote:
    So, you were expecting something different, but you still would have bought them even if knew all the nitty gritty details. You're mad about the situation, but in the end the result is the same?

Then WTF is your problem? Seems like a lot of wasted energy about something that wouldn't have changed no matter the scenario.

Wow, dude, have a prozac.

Isn't it obvious what my problem is.? You even spell it out! I was expecting somthing different, and I didn't get it. Why was I expecting something different.... because that is what they led us to believe. Am I upset that I got stuck with CD-R's? Not really... I am upset that 10C mis-led everyone, and many people on this board will stick up for them!

What I am actually pissed about is the company that screwed us on shipping! Note that I prefaced my statement:
    mdg164 wrote:
    If they would ship every show as it was completed, and clearly listed the CD's as CD-R's.

If they didn't screw us on shipping, I would have bought the CD-R's. They clearly did screw us, so all bets are off. The problem here is I am still waiting for my shows, when I could have downloaded and burnt them weeks ago. They should make MP3 download available as soon as you pay for the show!
    09/02/00 09/05/00
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    i am just happy to have opportunity to listen to great live music. i used to collect bootleg tapes of bands that often sufferred in quality. i still was ecstatic to be listening to anything live. this is a leg up in my book. i feel bad for the people who are so upset, its a shame they can't enjoy this opportunity to live these great experiences again and again. it could be worse...pearl jam could release one live show a year, or even worse, none. we are priveledged to have this opportunity.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    jervin007 wrote:
    i am just happy to have opportunity to listen to great live music. i used to collect bootleg tapes of bands that often sufferred in quality. i still was ecstatic to be listening to anything live. this is a leg up in my book. i feel bad for the people who are so upset, its a shame they can't enjoy this opportunity to live these great experiences again and again. it could be worse...pearl jam could release one live show a year, or even worse, none. we are priveledged to have this opportunity.

I used to be the same way collecting tapes and we as fans are very lucky to have this oppurtunity!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Get_Right wrote:
    well thanks for the heads up
    I guess I will buy the downloads and make my own CDRs
    are the flacs better quality than the CDRs?????????????

gracias

does anyone know the answer to my question?
    thanks
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    does anyone know the answer to my question?
    thanks

FLAC + CD = same quality
  • Options
    teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    jeffbr wrote:
    I agree with everything in your post except this. I don't understand this one. Like PJ, Metallica offers official bootlegs. And like Lars, Eddie has the 10c running around demanding fans not tape or share his solo work. So I don't really see a distinction.

THANK YOU!!!!!

I tried to stir that similar debate when the April Fools tour camera and recording policy came about.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    FLAC + CD = same quality

thanks

I guess the downlaods are a better choice then
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Get_Right wrote:
    thanks

I guess the downlaods are a better choice then

not really. i think the FLAC DLs are $14.99......and the actual CDs are $16.99? correct me if i'm wrong. so for an extra $2 you get the discs burned for you, and in a case. sure, it's pretty barebones, but i like it far better than no artwork at all. so you really don't save much with the DLs imho.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    pilatesdog wrote:
    For goodness sake , Pearl Jam offers fans an opportunity to purchase bootlegs of shows and you fucks constantly bitch. Would you rather have some drunken idiot holding up some recording device that you can here his girlfriend trying to sing every song. Be thankful you latched onto a great band who tries to be as fan friendly as possible. Become a Metallica fan!

this thread was over once this was posted...

everyone can stop now
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    raszputiniraszputini Posts: 119
    The Eddie solo tour.....OK, so he doesn't want to release soundboards? I'm down with that. Whatever. I don't understand the unfriendly taping policy though. It's inconsistent with everything PJ and ED are about. They and he have been fan-friendly enough over the years that I won't get "upset" about it. But, I don't really understand the logic.

Maybe he just wants to avoid more bitching?
  • Options
    not really. i think the FLAC DLs are $14.99......and the actual CDs are $16.99? correct me if i'm wrong. so for an extra $2 you get the discs burned for you, and in a case. sure, it's pretty barebones, but i like it far better than no artwork at all. so you really don't save much with the DLs imho.

yeah but Im hearing people are experiencing problems with the burned discs
    has nothing to do with the $2
    I will DL and burn em, print out the art work and steal cases from work
    :D

I like the 2000 ones best, but there seems to be a lot of negative feedback this time around
  • Options
    raszputini wrote:
    The Eddie solo tour.....OK, so he doesn't want to release soundboards? I'm down with that. Whatever. I don't understand the unfriendly taping policy though. It's inconsistent with everything PJ and ED are about. They and he have been fan-friendly enough over the years that I won't get "upset" about it. But, I don't really understand the logic.

Maybe he just wants to avoid more bitching?

just a guess, but maybe it has something to do with the rights to the ITW songs?

I agree its inconsistent, but I will take those rules if he makes another solo record!
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    mdg164 wrote:
    That's your interpretation. My interpretation is that a pressed CD is "hard," and a CD-R is "soft". I can reproduce the CD-R version at home, I can not reproduce a pressed CD. Regardless, they could have been more clear.

It's not interpretation; it's definition. A hard copy is something physical and a soft copy is not.

And why can you "reproduce" CD-Rs and not silvers? What is the limitation? Unless it was one of the few Sony CDs a few years back with the copy protection (which they were sued for and lost) what is preventing you from copying a pressed CD?
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    yeah but Im hearing people are experiencing problems with the burned discs
    has nothing to do with the $2
    I will DL and burn em, print out the art work and steal cases from work

I like the 2000 ones best, but there seems to be a lot of negative feedback this time around

there IS no art work to print, not officially anyway. the only 'art' is with the actual burned CDs for purchase. i don't know what you're reading, but i haven't read 'disc problems' beyond the OP saying they won't play in his high-end system, a first for me to read. sure, people bitch about 'quality' but that's the mix itself, not the discs. i bought discs and am completely satisfied with em. is the sound the very best? probably not. also some issues with how they labeled the discs in regards to loading them to my ipod library, but easily fixed...even if it annoyed my husband. :p bottomline, to me, the CDs are the deal....but hey, just my 2 cents.

i bitched and bitched about not getting physical discs, and now we have em...so hell yea, have to support that. :D i will say tho - and i think i mentioned it elsewhere, artwork-wise...i far preferred the stuff we got when we had to burn our own discs and print em out. the canadian and 2006 euro tour art was nice! however, i STILL appreciate getting the discs and think it's a good buy if you like to have CD copies. i always do.

and yes, i think 2000 and 2003 were the best, but c'est la vie. i am happy to continue to get boots, even happier they offer so many options...so hell yea....keep it up!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    not officially anyway. the only 'art' is with the actual burned CDs for purchase.

thats why you are going to scan em for me
    :D:p

seriously, I am glad they are back too. And I prefer the physical cds as well.
    I havent decided.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    thats why you are going to scan em for me
    :D:p

seriously, I am glad they are back too. And I prefer the physical cds as well.
    I havent decided.

for a fee mr. lawyer. ;)

and hey, i was just sharing my personal perspective on it.....not really trying to persuade you.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    for a fee mr. lawyer. ;)

and hey, i was just sharing my personal perspective on it.....not really trying to persuade you.

do you accept payments in kind?
    ;)

I know. I still havent decided.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    do you accept payments in kind?
    ;)

I know. I still havent decided.

perhaps.

they're bootlegs. i bet you came up with your kids' names with less deliberation. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    perhaps.

they're bootlegs. i bet you came up with your kids' names with less deliberation. ;)

he he

your right

it was simply-that sounds good to me dear