Options

Mike McCready's Music For Film. Vinyl Films Records 10" Clear Box Set.

Comments

• Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    i got humped at my store. go to pick it up and price tag said $90. i just internally chuckled and considered it as a "donation" to help them keep their doors open, even though they do well.
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    I pre-ordered it before it was in my store's system, so when I went in to pick it up, the person who was supposed to pre-order it said he forgot.
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    edited May 2015
    demetrios said:

AndySlash said:

one record store is flipping this on discogs for $150/shipping if that's a price point you're willing to meet.

Alternativemusic.com right? I feel sorry for their local customers who tried to pick one of these up from their store to see the box set is flipped for 3x's the price on discogs.
    I actually got my name in for one from them (Lakeshore Record Exchange) in Rochester, NY back in March. They contacted me today telling me that they got 1 in and had it held for me for $100. I told them that i luckily got one already for retail of $48 already and wished them luck selling their for 2-3x retail as i had also seen the discogs one. Guess they were being nice offering it to me for so cheap lol. I've been shopping there since the early 90's and that was quite disappointing.

On a side note if anyone wants to trade me a Sun Kil Moon - Ghosts of the Great Highway vinyl for this it is yours.
    Post edited by kenk on
  • Options
    PaigePaige Posts: 365
    demetrios said:

Does anyone live by Amoeba Records in California? Well, give them a call NOW to reserve a copy of Vinyl Film Records 10" Box Set! In store pick up only.

This just worked for me thanks to a VERY special friend in California. :)
    $49 there.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,232
    Bloody flipper stores. I live in Canada so put in quite a bit of legwork to find one emailed back and forth with a store and they said sure we can ship one to you for $25 the set is $46.99 i said sweet they emailed back and said call the store to arrange it as they were just heading home. So i called long distance and the guy answered and said "oh sorry it says $46.99 in our computer but we're selling it for $99.
    Bloody scam.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    My record store called today and my copy is IN...
    Picking it up tomorrow!!!
    He's charging me $65.00
    I'm good with this price because I know he worked really hard to get this one for me...
    PLUS he had to put up with my "reminder" phone calls for the past few months,
    making sure he ordered one for me!!!
    He told me he had over 50 requests for the boxset & only got 1 copy...MINE!!!
    Can't wait to spin this one tomorrow afternoon :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    SCORE!!!!

'16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    Way to go Dave! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!
    Scott A. Setser
  • Options
    SS9981 said:

Way to go Dave! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Thanks Scott...
    this one was a hard one to get my hands on!!
    I just answered your PM...
    ALWAYS good to hear from you buddy!!
    :rock_on:

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    For those still looking I would strongly recommend checking out your local record stores online store. Also give them a call. I noticed 3 stores this weekend posting links on their website. One being High Voltage Records. Also keep an eye out on Twitter with hashtag #vinyl films.

Happy hunting! :)
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,232
    demetrios said:

For those still looking I would strongly recommend checking out your local record stores online store. Also give them a call. I noticed 3 stores this weekend posting links on their website. One being High Voltage Records. Also keep an eye out on Twitter with hashtag #vinyl films.

Happy hunting! :)

Beware of the old "bait and switch" though, like LOU'S RECORDS did.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    I did a bit better. I emailed my goto Seattle Record store. They contacted the supplier and asked for 1 more for me (this was a few months ago). I sent them a followup email last week and they said they were in. I paid $83.99 USD all together. $24 was shipping to Canada so they charged me 59.99 for it. Not too shabby. I got the feeling that by adding on to their existing order I wasn't going to get one, but they pulled it off. When I followed up last week they didn't' have any left for retail, just the people they reserved them for.

I don't expect it to show up in the mail until next week. Happy I got one (or should be unless Canada Post does something Rash).
  • Options
    eyecanwalkeyecanwalk Posts: 707
    Paul, I didn't see the 1 for $150, hope you are wrong about that setting the $ because the next 1 is $250.........anyone want to sell theirs?at close to cost
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713

Paul, I didn't see the 1 for $150, hope you are wrong about that setting the $ because the next 1 is $250.........anyone want to sell theirs?at close to cost

sold at the weekend Steve
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713

any use Steve?

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/244666/fs-ft-music-for-film-boxset-sealed#latest
  • Options
    I would strongly advise not paying over $79.99 for this box set, just yet. First try your luck locating one over @ http://thinkindie.com/store-finder/ .. for the next few day's. Trust me. They are popping up in store data bases. If you have Twitter, Facebook & Instagram, many stores are posting of just receiving them. The majority though, in stores only.
  • Options
    jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379
    demetrios said:

I would strongly advise not paying over $79.99 for this box set, just yet. First try your luck locating one over @ http://thinkindie.com/store-finder/ .. for the next few day's. Trust me. They are popping up in store data bases. If you have Twitter, Facebook & Instagram, many stores are posting of just receiving them. The majority though, in stores only.

From your lips to God's ears! I wrote every record store listed at the Think Indie website and so far they are all sold out or didn't receive any box. If here isn't someone willing to help me out, I give up on it.
  • Options
    jaykay20 said:

demetrios said:

From your lips to God's ears! I wrote every record store listed at the Think Indie website and so far they are all sold out or didn't receive any box. If here isn't someone willing to help me out, I give up on it.
    Here's something I just found. http://turntablelab.com/products/vinyl-films-records-vinyl-films-records-vinyl-6x10-box-set . Not sure if they already went on sale or not but request an email stock notification.

Via google try "Vinyl Films Records 10" Box" . I noticed a few new Japanese sites have added this to their data base. I wouldn't trust pre ordering with them. But new online record stores are posting their stock of this release. The majority of them though say "currently unavailable."
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    demetrios said:

jaykay20 said:

demetrios said:

Here's something I just found. http://turntablelab.com/products/vinyl-films-records-vinyl-films-records-vinyl-6x10-box-set . Not sure if they already went on sale or not but request an email stock notification.

Via google try "Vinyl Films Records 10" Box" . I noticed a few new Japanese sites have added this to their data base. I wouldn't trust pre ordering with them. But new online record stores are posting their stock of this release. The majority of them though say "currently unavailable."
    Dammit. Turntable Labs wasn't on Think Indie's site so I didn't even think to call em.
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    edited May 2015
    There are probably a few still popping up here and there in stores so you may get lucky. But I'd also say if you see one of the ones pop up on ebay for $150ish jump all over it. I've noticed a bunch over the past few days with buy it now prices around there and they sell fast. Most people are asking $200+ and i don't see this box dropping in value due to how limited it is. So honestly $150 is a great price if you can afford it. Plus if you do find one in store somehow you can always get your $$ back pretty easily on it.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Yes, $150 might be a reasonable price at the secondary market.
    One record store said another record store has one box in stock. I wrote them a mail. If they don't want to ship to Germany, I will tell you the name of that store.
  • Options
    2 left
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Gone
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    demetrios said:
    Had it in my cart. Sold out before I could buy :(. Didn't even know if they would ship internationally but damn.. again to late..
  • Options
    Still show's 1 left in someone's cart.
  • Options
    Thanks, but sold out. Dammit!
  • Options
    Now it's sold out!
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    demetrios said:

Now it's sold out!

If they shipped internationally this was such a missed chance ;(.
  • Options

demetrios said:

Now it's sold out!

If they shipped internationally this was such a missed chance ;(.
    They do ship internationally via FedEx.

Their cart system is pretty cool. Say's right there how many were left in stock.