Options

Mike McCready's Music For Film. Vinyl Films Records 10" Clear Box Set.

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Zod said:

Suziemay said:

I know not every shop does it...but in the end, it hurts everyone. It just turns a lot of people off. Why bother driving all over town for something when you can get it online for considerably less?

Soundstage Direct put these directly to discogs for crazy amounts. Never offered on their site, and they bill themselves as an independent shop.

I saw that. Super disappointed. I've been a big fan of Soundstage Direct until now. I may start moving my online vinyl purchases somewhere else.
    I stopped using them a while ago. The first was that their prices are kind of expensive. You need to buy records during the regular 10% or 15% off sales just to get the prices in reach of Amazon. On top of that they charge insane shipping prices to Canada. They're just as expensive as the 10c :)
    Main reason I was using them was their packaging is one of the best I've seen (and I don't have your insane shipping price issue). Amazon packaging is eh, and my records almost always have a dinged corner. At best, I feel like Amazon doesn't package vinyl with lurrve :lol: .
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    Vinyl I've bought from Amazon that was fulfilled by Amazon and not by one of the sellers there have been packed VERY securely. However, there are sellers on there (like CollectorsChoiceVinyl) that use extremely crappy packaging and I've had to return them from damage by the USPS (big surprise).
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    so, how many here are part of the 27 club on the MOF clear sealed 10" as well as the black, lavender and the box?
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    27 club? Isn't that a poster by PNE?
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/105349
    Post edited by monkeewrench on
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Yeah, fuck soundstage direct. I've preordered a few different things from them and been charged only to receive the famous "we're sorry" email afterwards. Had to actually threaten to press charges to get my money back one time about a year ago. I've also ordered one thing and gotten another twice, and have had seam splits and majorly busted packaging on a few other orders. I wrote them an eat shit letter about 6 months ago and haven't gone back. They suck. They actually apologized a lot and sent me several discount codes and apologies in emails- one was for 50% off my next order if I returned to give them business. I printed it, ripped it in half, took a photo of it and emailed it back. Lol, they're terrible and will scam you. No surprise at all they flipped this boxset. Bunch of scam artists there. Laughable that they call themselves independent. They say whatever they want and then behave identically to the companies they're critical
    of. I've given them a lifetime ban!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

Yeah, fuck soundstage direct. I've preordered a few different things from them and been charged only to receive the famous "we're sorry" email afterwards. Had to actually threaten to press charges to get my money back one time about a year ago. I've also ordered one thing and gotten another twice, and have had seam splits and majorly busted packaging on a few other orders. I wrote them an eat shit letter about 6 months ago and haven't gone back. They suck. They actually apologized a lot and sent me several discount codes and apologies in emails- one was for 50% off my next order if I returned to give them business. I printed it, ripped it in half, took a photo of it and emailed it back. Lol, they're terrible and will scam you. No surprise at all they flipped this boxset. Bunch of scam artists there. Laughable that they call themselves independent. They say whatever they want and then behave identically to the companies they're critical

Man, that sucks. Luckily I've never had that bad of luck with them and would be happy to take your 50% off coupon off your hands. :smiley:
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148

Man, that sucks. Luckily I've never had that bad of luck with them and would be happy to take your 50% off coupon off your hands. :smiley:
    Lol, I would but I freaked out and ripped it up in a hilairious "I hate you" 8 year old kind of way.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

Wow. I've had great customer service from them so no complaints there. The mark-up on the Vinyl Films box set has been eating at me tho.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,178
    I never had any soundstage direct problems. They always shipped the orders well and the one time they couldn't get an item the refunded me promptly and gave a discount coupon for my next order. The only reason I stopped using them was the cost. It really spiked a few years ago for Canadian orders.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,859
    Sound Stage Direct's shipping depart is A+. How they ship vinyl is one of the best in the business. It totally sucks though that they flipped those box sets over @ discogs. Really sucks. Least put it online. Have a lottery for those copies or something.
  • Options
    jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379

They actually apologized a lot and sent me several discount codes and apologies in emails- one was for 50% off my next order if I returned to give them business. I printed it, ripped it in half, took a photo of it and emailed it back. Lol, they're terrible and will scam you. No surprise at all they flipped this boxset. Bunch of scam artists there. Laughable that they call themselves independent. They say whatever they want and then behave identically to the companies they're critical

Best story of the day :D
  • Options
    Was anyone lucky scoring one over @ http://therecordexchange.net/Item/9007405528 .
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    demetrios said:

Was anyone lucky scoring one over @ http://therecordexchange.net/Item/9007405528 .

I still haven't received ANYTHING from them after getting that order confirmation!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Easy Street Records had these up today? D'oh!!
    http://easystreetonline.com/Item/9007405577

• Options
    derbydave said:

demetrios said:

I still haven't received ANYTHING from them after getting that order confirmation!!
    Has your cc been charged?
  • Options
    demetrios said:

derbydave said:

demetrios said:

I don't think it has...
    I've been checking my balance everyday,
    and haven't seen a charge for the amount of the purchase!!
    :anguished:
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    Received shipping confirmation from Turntable Lab today....huge thanks to Dem for the heads up on this!
  • Options

Received shipping confirmation from Turntable Lab today....huge thanks to Dem for the heads up on this!

You're welcome! :)
  • Options
    derbydave said:

demetrios said:

derbydave said:

demetrios said:

I don't think it has...
    Not charged? Then the order will be cancelled. D'oh!!
  • Options
    demetrios said:

derbydave said:

demetrios said:

derbydave said:

demetrios said:

I don't think it has...
    You think they'll send me any kind of cancellation notice,
    or should I just assume the sale has been voided??
    They shouldn't send out a confirmation letter for the order,
    IF it's not going to happen!!

• Options
    derbydave said:

demetrios said:

derbydave said:

demetrios said:

derbydave said:

demetrios said:

I don't think it has...
    I would just sent them an email. They should of sent you an email or something already. Many online pre order record stores have already sent out emails on their canceled pre orders.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

derbydave said:

demetrios said:

derbydave said:

demetrios said:

derbydave said:

demetrios said:

I don't think it has...
    I would just sent them an email. They should of sent you an email or something already. Many online pre order record stores have already sent out emails on their canceled pre orders.
    Thanks D...
    Just sent them this email:

Dear Record Exchange,
    Could you give me an update on the status of the following order I placed on 5/21/15?
    Thank you,
    Dave Ross

May 21, 2015
    Dave Ross,
    Thank you for your order on Thursday, May 21.
    Your order number is 74XXX.
    We appreciate your business.
    Title: Vinyl Films Records 10" Box
    Artist: Various Artist
    Quantity: 1
    Price: $49.99
    Tax: $0.00
    Shipping: $8.00
    Subtotal: $49.99
    TOTAL: $57.99
    Comments: Thank you!
    Thank you,
    Record Exchange

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Good Luck, Dave. Hopefully they come through.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

Good Luck, Dave. Hopefully they come through.

Thanks Kevin!!!
    I'm good either way...already scored boxset #285 for myself:

just trying to help out a GREAT friend!!!!
    :wink:

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Awesome! Well Good Luck
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    So, have these all been sent out and bought up at local record stores now?
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,178

Sounds like it. There were 444 of them and it sounds like 350 made it out to retail (the rest going to staff, band members etc..). You might get lucky and randomly find one but it sounds like most of them have been snapped up.
  • Options
    Zod said:

Sounds like it. There were 444 of them and it sounds like 350 made it out to retail (the rest going to staff, band members etc..). You might get lucky and randomly find one but it sounds like most of them have been snapped up.
    I've still been searching the past few day's online to hook up a few friends with a copy but haven't found anything. Looks like that's it. Your last chance to finding one of these is checking again your local ma & pa record store if you're lucky. Other then that check the Lost Dogs for trades or sales. Then .. head over discogs & eBay .. The cheapest this sold on eBay was $99.99.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    I'm still looking for one. Open or sealed, I don't care...
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    I ended up buying it on discogs for $156.95.