Options

Crowdfunded Pearl Jam! Yes!

Comments

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Hmmm..... :-? It's all in who you know ... right?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    FoxyRedLa said:

Hmmm..... :-? It's all in who you know ... right?

Exactly
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611

i heard that wishlist people get free backstage passes to many shows so their tickets are free

Really? Wow, I wish someone had told me! :)

I'd love to be guaranteed great spots (for free), not have to queue for upwards of 15 hours at a time, while spending time chatting with the boys backstage before the show. As it is, I'm having to sell some of my stuff to pay for the shows we went to this summer, have only ever met Ed (after waiting outside in the cold after shows) and am seriously considering buying a tent for the next tour! ;)

Seriously, I'm on the Wishlist board, I have never known this to happen and it certainly has never happened to me (if only!).

Please don't listen to/spread unsubstantiated rumours/gossip. If you genuinely witness inappropriate behaviour from Wishlist volunteers/staff, please send an email/pm/message and let us know, with as much info as possible. We will look into it and deal with it appropriately, but we need you to let us know, in as timely a way as possible, what you have witnessed and where.

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611

We are 100% in this and we are not giving up until we get a yay or nay from the band.

Wouldnt this kind of piss you off if you were "the band"?
  • Options
    strummers said:

i heard that wishlist people get free backstage passes to many shows so their tickets are free

Really? Wow, I wish someone had told me! :)

I'd love to be guaranteed great spots (for free), not have to queue for upwards of 15 hours at a time, while spending time chatting with the boys backstage before the show. As it is, I'm having to sell some of my stuff to pay for the shows we went to this summer, have only ever met Ed (after waiting outside in the cold after shows) and am seriously considering buying a tent for the next tour! ;)

Seriously, I'm on the Wishlist board, I have never known this to happen and it certainly has never happened to me (if only!).

Please don't listen to/spread unsubstantiated rumours/gossip. If you genuinely witness inappropriate behaviour from Wishlist volunteers/staff, please send an email/pm/message and let us know, with as much info as possible. We will look into it and deal with it appropriately, but we need you to let us know, in as timely a way as possible, what you have witnessed and where.

Are you saying there's "no shady" shit going on with people involved with the wishlist foundation? People are just making these stories up? Really? So that "don't you know who I am" quote is made up? I'm curious as to why somebody would make a quote up like that.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Dear Pearl Jam,

Please announce the 2015 tour in today's newsletter, complete with stops at MSG and the Gorge.

Thanks,

Jim

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
  • Options
    If the denouncements against Wishlist are so accurate then can someone tell me why Eric and Laura, I believe two executive officers for the org, stood in line all day and were halfway back in GA for the tenth anniversary of WL when Ed pointed them out? I was in line with them and got a little better position. Doesn't make sense to do this if you get free passes backstage and the rail for every show. Maybe tell us specifically to whom you are referring and they can come here to reply.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    edited November 2014

If the denouncements against Wishlist are so accurate then can someone tell me why Eric and Laura, I believe two executive officers for the org, stood in line all day and were halfway back in GA for the tenth anniversary of WL when Ed pointed them out? I was in line with them and got a little better position. Doesn't make sense to do this if you get free passes backstage and the rail for every show. Maybe tell us specifically to whom you are referring and they can come here to reply.

Stood in line all day? Then who ran the wishlist party? And it makes total sense if u have back stage passes cuz you're actually hangen with the band and don't have to worry about rail. I'm speaking of the "don't u know who i am?" person. I've had different people tell me that same story in different cities on different tours. And those people don't know each other.

Edit-I'm no rat so I won't say who told me. And if u think people don't try to take advantage of fellow members just because they seem "cool" then you're fooling yourself.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    Seems to me you are very uninformed about the org or the preparties. I have been to many shows and preparties where neither of them were there but other members ran them. Talk about jumping to conclusions about rumors!
    As to you being a "rat" I was not asking who told you but rather who were the people on the rail and backstage.
    I really dislike it when people wrongly accuse others of things without proof but based on something Joe Blow and Jane Doe told them. This leads me to believe rather than asking questions you have some unstated reason for your responses. Your opinion is yours but it's reckless to accuse people of things without either witnessing it yourself or having substantiated proof.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713

Hi everyone Dan here. Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's support for and against this iniative . It has certaintly sparked great debate. I promise all that something good with happen from all of this. Stay tuned this week for more news. We are 100% in this and we are not giving up until we get a yay or nay from the band. Check out our current home on the web: https://pearljam25foresthills.tilt.com/bring-pearl-jam-to-forest-hills-tennis-stadium

Thanks for listening and have a great weekend!

Dan, is this a blatant tease? if so why would you do that?

'I promise you all something good will happen from all of this'.....

its alright saying stay tuned, but what are you inferring? solid information that you have had back or purely your gut instinct?

wouldn't it have been a better plan to sound out the management before making this thing a social media timebomb?

Id be real happy to hear that you did infact have the decency to do that
  • Options
    Are you mad that something good will happen? Quite strange.

www.pearljamforesthills.com
    " In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Seems to me you are very uninformed about the org or the preparties. I have been to many shows and preparties where neither of them were there but other members ran them. Talk about jumping to conclusions about rumors!
    As to you being a "rat" I was not asking who told you but rather who were the people on the rail and backstage.
    I really dislike it when people wrongly accuse others of things without proof but based on something Joe Blow and Jane Doe told them. This leads me to believe rather than asking questions you have some unstated reason for your responses. Your opinion is yours but it's reckless to accuse people of things without either witnessing it yourself or having substantiated proof.

Oh I know more about the org then u think. And just because YOU had an awesome experience with them doesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat as you. Awesome, u like the org, don't stop supporting it. But to sit here and preach to us that we're uninformed and that you know everything is straight bullshit. Are you friends with these organizers? Just curious.

Edit-if u want to find out who those people are I'm talking about, go to twitter and put in the normal hashtags used for the tour and look at the preparty pics and look at the pics people posted from the shows. You CANT be at the preparty till 6:00 and end up on rail unless you're being shady. Either having someone holding a spot for u in the GA line or you "know" somebody.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611

he isnt mad, he is asking if there is anything concrete before forking money/pledges over. Or are you just talking out of your ass and manufacturing hype?

Its really not complicated.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    MayDay10 said:

he isnt mad, he is asking if there is anything concrete before forking money/pledges over. Or are you just talking out of your ass and manufacturing hype?

Its really not complicated.
    And now we have another thread on the subject too.

(:|
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

I'm confused. Are you in fact one of the organizers of this?
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I've had about 4 different replies typed out and I keep deleting them because I just don't want to seem so cynical or naive but I will say this; There is nothing good that can come from these crowd-sourced concerts. The strings that would be getting pulled from the "haves" to help their entitled friends is beyond unfortunate.

I'm staying away from this project. Good luck to all of you and I hope I'm wrong. I don't think I am though judging by some of the comments I've already seen from people on "the inside."
  • Options

I've had about 4 different replies typed out and I keep deleting them because I just don't want to seem so cynical or naive but I will say this; There is nothing good that can come from these crowd-sourced concerts. The strings that would be getting pulled from the "haves" to help their entitled friends is beyond unfortunate.

I'm staying away from this project. Good luck to all of you and I hope I'm wrong. I don't think I am though judging by some of the comments I've already seen from people on "the inside."

100% true deadman. I can't picture anyone involved NOT getting tix or even trying to help their "own." Can u imagine if the organizers don't get tix thru the lottery, then what happens? Do they somehow still get into the shows? You know they will.
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

I'm confused. Are you in fact one of the organizers of this?
    Yes he is the organiser
  • Options

Seems legit to me...the site is secure, the Foos did it....stranger things have happened. There is already a group on FB, I don't think the people starting it are out for your money. Seems like they are friends with a lot of folks in the community. To each their own.

I can see why posts like this might have confused people, as Dan's original posts were as someone who merely thought it was a great idea that he was encouraging people to check out. It soon became clear though that he is in fact the organiser and originator of the proposal...
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    This is shaping up to be an epic clusterfuck of a year with nonstop infighting and bickering between Forest Hills people, Wishlist people and general 10c malcontents. Should be an entertaining read throughout the year or until PJ says they aren't playing either show because they don't fit into their plans. I'm gonna set the early over/under at 5 ... The amount of users that get banned over this subject.

Commence entertainment..
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options

Let's show that we have some of the best fans in the world! This is great! Can't wait to see what happens! Just stumbled upon this on the FB group.

https://pearljam25foresthills.tilt.com/bring-pearl-jam-to-forest-hills-tennis-stadium/

Ok I must have missed just how weird this was before. Dan can you explain why you pretended to have just 'stumbled across' this when it was in fact you who created it?
  • Options
    RS151862 said:

This is shaping up to be an epic clusterfuck of a year with nonstop infighting and bickering between Forest Hills people, Wishlist people and general 10c malcontents. Should be an entertaining read throughout the year or until PJ says they aren't playing either show because they don't fit into their plans. I'm gonna set the early over/under at 5 ... The amount of users that get banned over this subject.

Commence entertainment..

Question is, will they be wishlist members who get banned to? Or just us common folks hahaha
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922

Let's show that we have some of the best fans in the world! This is great! Can't wait to see what happens! Just stumbled upon this on the FB group.

https://pearljam25foresthills.tilt.com/bring-pearl-jam-to-forest-hills-tennis-stadium/

Ok I must have missed just how weird this was before. Dan can you explain why you pretended to have just 'stumbled across' this when it was in fact you who created it?
    Shady. This thing doesn't pass the smell test.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Shady. This thing doesn't pass the smell test.

Shady is an understatement! It's bizarre and I can't wait to hear an explanation
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

See, this is why skepticism came into play for me and possibly others.

Seems slippery, and based on the "stumbled upon" (among other) comments, credibility has been diminished.

Like some here have mentioned, hope I'm incorrect but can't help feeling something's off.

• Options
    Nothing shady its an organic campaign much like the Foos. Contact legal here: www.pearljamforesthills.com

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    Dan can you explain why you initially pretended to be independent of it?
  • Options
    It was a experiment at first.....and never pretended anything other than that. Look at our site and the positive feedback we are getting and decide. Contact our legal for more info if any concerns.

--
  • Options
    Surely you agree that you can't 'stumble across' something you created yourself? At best, it was misguided, basically though it was misrepresentation
This discussion has been closed.