Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    E.K wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    *does not make any obvious jokes*

About the song lyrics? :P

I just thought a Pearl Jam song followed by a song with my name in it might be a sign.

:lol:

pearl jam.

come on eileen.

come.

on eileen.

pearl jam.

on eileen.
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    doompony wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    *does not make any obvious jokes*

About the song lyrics? :P

I just thought a Pearl Jam song followed by a song with my name in it might be a sign.

:lol:

pearl jam.

come on eileen.

come.

on eileen.

pearl jam.

on eileen.

:o :shock: :D
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    E.K wrote:
    Yeah I know... I've heard songs from Backspacer played during sports shows and on Australia's Funniest Home Videos. :?

Is it still raining in Brissie?

it kinda stopped today, finally, they are talking more from tomorrow though, it's been nuts.

and i don't think shows like funniest video or sports programs need to get permission, but something like a movie or shows like parenthood and CSI(or what ever show it was that had the whole pearl jam Ep with nothing but PJ songs) do need to. but yeah it seems of late a pj song has been popping up in everything, and with the whole target exclusive deal and the fixer film clip with the target logo all through it. i know it's probably a little different these days now that they are out of their own and don't have the support of a big label but still. the amount they make off touring they can't be that hard up for money they need to totally sell out. i like this post made in the death on ten legs thread:

discussing the bands touring schedule is all about most profit being able to be made with the least amount of cities/travel being done:
    What is asinine about what I said? It is fact they tour with a chart that has two goals: maximize profits and minimize cities visited. Just look at their 2007 - 2010 tours. One word wins me the case: festivals.

Alright, so I've won the debate on the touring schedule. Lets move on to caring about music. The Beatles changed music and made as many albums as Pearl Jam has released before they were 30. Hell, it took three years to make Backspacer and it was 35 minutes long. 35 minutes of music in three years? That means it takes them a year to make 12 minutes of music. We also hear about these short EP's that they might release. That never happens and people are foolish enough to get excited about it here. B sides? Non-existant. Water bottles, lighters, keychains, hoodies, shirts, onesies, wallets, beach towels a plenty on this website. In an age where it is easy to record/release music, we are getting less and less of it from this band. You people act like the band needs a break because it has families, when the truth is that they see their families more than 90% of Americans that work even with their tour schedules.

Hopefully this post kills this stupid thread.

but i like this:
    Remember when Ed said he used to sleep in hotel bathtubs since the rooms were too nice? Yeah, fast forward to today. Wedding on the beach with movie star groomsman. Naive? It is about money. You are naive to think it isn't.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    in 1995 i would probably have thought OMG HE'S SO DEEP

today me would have this to say about bathtub sleepin' ed...

"twat..."
    Speaking of that Eat, Pray, Love movie.. has anyone on here been to see it?
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

E.K wrote:
    Speaking of that Eat, Pray, Love movie.. has anyone on here been to see it?

Last time I checked there wasn't a vagina between my legs, so no I haven't seen it, and no I never will. It looks like the biggest pile of steamy dog shit ever.
    the ads make me want to slap the smug off julia roberts' face.

she doesn't usually bother me that much, but something about the ads...
    doompony wrote:

I've never liked her and always thought she was over-rated.

• aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    E.K wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Yea Matt has always really disliked her heaps.....
    And he thinks the same about being overated...what is all the fuss about really...

it kinda stopped today, finally, they are talking more from tomorrow though, it's been nuts.

and i don't think shows like funniest video or sports programs need to get permission, but something like a movie or shows like parenthood and CSI(or what ever show it was that had the whole pearl jam Ep with nothing but PJ songs) do need to. but yeah it seems of late a pj song has been popping up in everything, and with the whole target exclusive deal and the fixer film clip with the target logo all through it. i know it's probably a little different these days now that they are out of their own and don't have the support of a big label but still. the amount they make off touring they can't be that hard up for money they need to totally sell out. i like this post made in the death on ten legs thread:

discussing the bands touring schedule is all about most profit being able to be made with the least amount of cities/travel being done:

I remember yrs ago on Home and Away they always played Artists that were on the the Mushroom label perhaps its the same.. Perhaps some networks have deals with certain label to play their artists.

Also remember the guy that posted in the old aus tour rumour thread that worked at a Tv station and
    he said that he tries to slip in a PJ song wherever he can.

And did anyone notice that on the 1st AFL Grandfinal that they were playing Hunger Strike ...wtf
    how random was that?

I read an Interview a few mths ago I think it was a Jeff Ament one may have been Stone I will try and find it where he spoke about the deal they did with Target and said he didnt know if they would do that again but
    it was the best deal for them and the best they had been treated ever with putting an album out. Was intersesting read. :)

Didnt scrubs have one episode with all PJ songs in one episode and the last episode of Friends had Yellow Ledbetter. And something else did recently was it Cold Case or something like that.
    Im sure thats why they did Stadiums this tour and not Arenas makes them more money.
    With the $ the way it is atm it would be better to tour atm then hey?
    Its interesting tho how Metallica are coming back and forwards over a 3mth period to tour

Can't wait for November :)
    aus_suz wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Yea Matt has always really disliked her heaps.....
    And he thinks the same about being overated...what is all the fuss about really...

I don't know ... I think she looks like a duck. Her brother Eric is a much better actor too.

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    E.K wrote:
    I don't know ... I think she looks like a duck. Her brother Eric is a much better actor too.
    Definitely. See "DOA: Dead or Alive" and "Mr Brightside" :roll: :lol:
    aus_suz wrote:

I remember yrs ago on Home and Away they always played Artists that were on the the Mushroom label perhaps its the same.. Perhaps some networks have deals with certain label to play their artists.

Also remember the guy that posted in the old aus tour rumour thread that worked at a Tv station and
    he said that he tries to slip in a PJ song wherever he can.

And did anyone notice that on the 1st AFL Grandfinal that they were playing Hunger Strike ...wtf
    how random was that?

I read an Interview a few mths ago I think it was a Jeff Ament one may have been Stone I will try and find it where he spoke about the deal they did with Target and said he didnt know if they would do that again but
    it was the best deal for them and the best they had been treated ever with putting an album out. Was intersesting read. :)

Didnt scrubs have one episode with all PJ songs in one episode and the last episode of Friends had Yellow Ledbetter. And something else did recently was it Cold Case or something like that.

hahah the yellow ledbetter thing never fails to delight me. probably told this story before but i have a friend who loves to mock. and he makes fun of people who love the song "with or without you" because he reckons they only like it because of it's use in a pivotal storyline of the ross and rachel saga.............. anywhos... his FAVOURITE song is yellow ledbetter so when that was used... in a pivotal part of the final episode in a scene featuring the ross and rachel saga... i nearly wet myself laughing.
    E.K wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    E.K wrote:

I've never liked her and always thought she was over-rated

I didnt know she had a brother is his last name Gibney too??
    the wife is watching neighbours and i just heard a liam finn song.

on neighbours, liam finn. funny shit.
    aus_suz wrote:

Gibney?

We were talking about Julia Roberts and her brother Eric Roberts who's also an actor.

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    Rebecca Gibney is a NZer.
    so am i! :lol:
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Me too! ;):lol:
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    fucking oath. i'm a bit bloody emotional. so what do i do? listen to black (auckland) and it makes me feel... more.. emotional.

*wipes tear*
    E.K wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

Gibney?

We were talking about Julia Roberts and her brother Eric Roberts who's also an actor.

LOL......Oh god I get lost sometimes :)
    if a brisbane 1998 poster happens to show up in the "scratch and dent" poster sale can some one tell me, or buy it for me, and obviously i'll pay for it and shipping and there might be a little something else in it for you too.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    if a brisbane 1998 poster happens to show up in the "scratch and dent" poster sale can some one tell me, or buy it for me, and obviously i'll pay for it and shipping and there might be a little something else in it for you too.

I'm looking for 95, 98 and 03 Brisbane. COME ON!!!!

In fact, if anyone sees these anywhere eg ebay etc, let me know!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:

i've pretty much given up on posters, the only ones i have on display now are my 3 brisso(03, and 2 06) my vegas 10th anniversary, and my 95 salt lake city, the rest are sitting flat in a cupboard. i didn't even bother buying the 09 brisso poster.

but i really want that 98 brisso and haven't seen it for less then a few hundred. the scratch and dent might be my only shot at getting the only poster i've ever wanted. if it does happen to show up, which is a long shot, a really fucking long shot.
    ZiggyStar wrote:

i've pretty much given up on posters, the only ones i have on display now are my 3 brisso(03, and 2 06) my vegas 10th anniversary, and my 95 salt lake city, the rest are sitting flat in a cupboard. i didn't even bother buying the 09 brisso poster.

but i really want that 98 brisso and haven't seen it for less then a few hundred. the scratch and dent might be my only shot at getting the only poster i've ever wanted. if it does happen to show up, which is a long shot, a really fucking long shot.

You sold your Brisbane 1995, hey? I remember a couple of years ago you had it for sale.....I should have fucking bought it. :x
    Threefish, PM me your mobile number in case I see 98 for sale.
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    happy birthdaaaaaaaay
    wah
    In 1995, did Brisbane have a separate poster or was there just one poster for all of the Aussie tour? I can't remember.

I can't even find a fucking photo online of it.....I can find 95 NZ/Japan though.
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Grrrr, grrrrr, grrrr.... I just wanna say grrrrr that you guys got 93, 98 & 03 tours besides the f'n posters!! :evil: Grrr, grrr, grrrrr.....
    Not that I was into PJ back then anyway but just saying grrr anyway alright!! ;)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011