Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    so liam finn's new project album thing is out - barb, starring liam, eliza jane, james milne (yay james milne), seamus someone or other and conan, the guy who he brought out on stage in auckland who wasn't his younger brother. or colin as some of you thought his name was.

anyways, my god, listening to conan is like listening to an album put out by the squeaky voiced teen from the simpsons having sex with a muppet. some perfectly fantastic songs are kinda halted by his shenanigans.
    also, motherfucking BRAD should play at big day out

there, i said it! YOU HAPPY NOW STONE!?
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    doompony wrote:
    whisper it to me. they're not playing here. probably because nz as a whole never really loved them.
    I still cry when I see that slinky spring video...
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    Bought tickets to an "oldies" concert in Brisbane on October 30th mainly to see Peter Frampton who I thought would be headlining.

Got an email from the promoter this morning saying that Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys has been added and this was the concert schedule:

5.30 – Peter Frampton
    6.25 – America
    7.55 – Chicago
    9.20 – Brian Wilson
    10.25 - Finish

What the hell?

:? :lol:
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• i think you'll find it finishes that early cause the riverstage has a 10.30 curfew. powderfinger finished at 10.30 also.

i heard on 4kq about that crap old person concert. i almost tore my ears off having to listen to a.m. radio the other day, man they play alot of fucking shit.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Hello everyone!

47 days until I'm on holidays in NZ! Woo hoooo!!!

5 more days until I see Powderfinger! Woo hoooo!

Do you know this is my first concert since my 4 x PJ concerts! :? So sad. Thank fuck I won't be living here much longer.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • where u moving to zig?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    where u moving to zig?

The plan is to move to New Zealand by mid-next year at the very latest.
  • so even less concerts than Townsville ;):lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    so even less concerts than Townsville ;):lol:

:lol: Yeah probably! lol
    ZiggyStar wrote:

It's not that bad! We definitely do miss out on a bunch of acts that hit Australia though (e.g. The Eagles, Muse). Either that or we get tacked on late (Adam Lambert, Smashing Pumpkins).

As long as you're moving to Auckland you'll be OK.
    bazzer wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

It's not that bad! We definitely do miss out on a bunch of acts that hit Australia though (e.g. The Eagles, Muse). Either that or we get tacked on late (Adam Lambert, Smashing Pumpkins).

As long as you're moving to Auckland you'll be OK.

I'm moving to Wellington.....

But the proximity of Wellington to Auckland is a shitload closer than Townsville to Brisbane or other cities so it's all good. 8-)

And flying from Wellington to Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne isn't that much more expensive than flying from Townsville to B/S/M so I have that option still.

Ahhh I can't wait!!
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I'm moving to Wellington.....

But the proximity of Wellington to Auckland is a shitload closer than Townsville to Brisbane or other cities so it's all good. 8-)

And flying from Wellington to Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne isn't that much more expensive than flying from Townsville to B/S/M so I have that option still.

Ahhh I can't wait!!

:shock: :shock:

You're going to freeze your ass off after living in Townsville for so long.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

she'll have me to keep her warm

ALSO< where we miss out on international acts sometimes, we have our own awesome bands to keep us entertained!

i've politely requested my homegirl julia deans to play the week you're here since she's moving back to nz for the summer (from melbourne) so fingers crossed the delicate wee pixie comes through.
    i am currently hassling 2 musicians from nz ... i don't know how successful i am being. probably not very. one of them said "how about the week before?" and i'm like "DUDE, miss the point much?"
    doompony wrote:
    i am currently hassling 2 musicians from nz ... i don't know how successful i am being. probably not very. one of them said "how about the week before?" and i'm like "DUDE, miss the point much?"

Who?? Tell me!!

EDIT: This better not be your lesbian love affair, pony....I'm not joining some lesso convention while I'm there! I want to be watching men....good looking....and bearded....dark brown beards preferably....but I'm open to ideas in the beard dept! 8-)
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Who?? Tell me!!

EDIT: This better not be your lesbian love affair, pony....I'm not joining some lesso convention while I'm there! I want to be watching men....good looking....and bearded....dark brown beards preferably....but I'm open to ideas in the beard dept! 8-)
    Don't you have a boyfriend?!
    bazzer wrote:

I'm talking about watching bands....am I not allowed to look at some bearded eye candy if I have a bf? Geez it would suck being your gf!! ;) "No looking!!" :lol:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    bazzer wrote:

I'm talking about watching bands....am I not allowed to look at some bearded eye candy if I have a bf? Geez it would suck being your gf!! ;) "No looking!!" :lol:

Oh... so you're not moving to Wellington just to shack up with Doompony then? ;)

E.K wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    bazzer wrote:

Oh... so you're not moving to Wellington just to shack up with Doompony then? ;)

haha You're such a little shit sometimes, EK! :lol:
    hey! you could do a lot worse than julia deans missy!

the other muso i was harassing has a beard. but i think he lost interest in the conversation.
    doompony wrote:
    hey! you could do a lot worse than julia deans missy!

the other muso i was harassing has a beard. but i think he lost interest in the conversation.

I could do a lot fucking better too! 8-)

Who is the bearded muso?
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

haha You're such a little shit sometimes, EK! :lol:

What? I'm confused..

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    bazzer wrote:

I have a dark brown beard and I play the recorder at a year 3 level. And can play a pretty sick triangle.

Just so you know 8-)
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Less than 2 years and 2 months to go............TOUR!!!!!
    pjfan31 wrote:

I have a dark brown beard and I play the recorder at a year 3 level. And can play a pretty sick triangle.

Just so you know 8-)

Beard....recorder....triangle?! :o Have I just died and gone to Heaven?! :lol:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    bazzer wrote:

Oops, my mistake. My wife is allowed to look of course (I would be a hypocrite otherwise), but she doesn't need/want to 'cos I have a beard! :D
    bazzer wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    bazzer wrote:

Oops, my mistake. My wife is allowed to look of course (I would be a hypocrite otherwise), but she doesn't need/want to 'cos I have a beard! :D

Believe me....she's looking! ;):lol: