Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    doompony wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    hey man, don't diss the list. i still relish the number 33.

33.jpg

LOL... u dont need a list if u just line up and wait for the gate to open :p

that shit was tight. there were enforcers. there was some unpleasantness. all because of non-list rule obeyers.

:lol: i still remember the sydney line

when the gates opened i got angry at some poor lad in front of me with a higher number written on his hand .... his friend told him nevermind, he could bitch about me on the board later .... so then we figured out we were sad & zenith :lol: & he told me I was a lot nicer online :lol:
    of course, we made up and plenty of post show drinking prevailed.
    i think the list has good points and bad - bad, simply because of my over inflated sense of justice - good because :? .... well it was good in auckland. i got to lase around on the grass instead of sit on concrete.
    impatience is a gift ........
    E.K wrote:
    Agreed Lindy, which is why I didn't want to spend much on them. Anyway it's a good excuse to go up to Brissie for a couple of nights. Tried hard to get Powderfinger tickets but couldn't. Also got tickets for Peter Frampton and friends in October at Riverstage. The young'uns on here probably don't remember his music. :)

i think id rather sit in the carpark with a pizza, some wine and bourbon, and a bunch of friends, and listen to u2 .... really, with a picnic rug and a few cushions it'd prob be quite nice .... light a few candles, share a few j's, pass the bottle round

bono needs his own stage for his ego - and this support guy ??? wtf???? thats catering for the young crowd if i ever saw it. when did u2 actually sound good?? mid 80s? early 90s? that makes most of their original fans around late 30's up to early 50s reallisticly. so why would we want to listen to some rap dickwad??

peter frampton. i know who he is - some hippy free love type? like cat stevens??

8-) which for some reason reminds me i heard butterfly ball on the radio driving around canberra last week ... i turned it up and sang along like a goose - i still remember grooving along to that on abc when i was little - no wonder i grew up to have such great taste in music!!
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    my next gig is rufus wainwright - not sure what to expect since i haven't heard anything from him since want two. haven't heard.. the.. opera... stuff...

such is my excitement, i bought the tickets months ago and haven't picked em up yet. should probably do that before the show or it'll be awkward.

no, really, i am excited, but you know what i'd like MORE?
    huh - by the opera stuff do you mean my song

everyone should see this ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv8F8reGa80

and it wasnt untill i grew up that i realised it was ronnie james dio that sung it
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    zenith wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    Agreed Lindy, which is why I didn't want to spend much on them. Anyway it's a good excuse to go up to Brissie for a couple of nights. Tried hard to get Powderfinger tickets but couldn't. Also got tickets for Peter Frampton and friends in October at Riverstage. The young'uns on here probably don't remember his music. :)

i think id rather sit in the carpark with a pizza, some wine and bourbon, and a bunch of friends, and listen to u2 .... really, with a picnic rug and a few cushions it'd prob be quite nice .... light a few candles, share a few j's, pass the bottle round

bono needs his own stage for his ego - and this support guy ??? wtf???? thats catering for the young crowd if i ever saw it. when did u2 actually sound good?? mid 80s? early 90s? that makes most of their original fans around late 30's up to early 50s reallisticly. so why would we want to listen to some rap dickwad??

peter frampton. i know who he is - some hippy free love type? like cat stevens??

8-) which for some reason reminds me i heard butterfly ball on the radio driving around canberra last week ... i turned it up and sang along like a goose - i still remember grooving along to that on abc when i was little - no wonder i grew up to have such great taste in music!!

You mean that Jay-Z dude? Only found out recently he's Beyonce's hubby. Will be definitely giving that c(rap) a miss.

Frampton had that album out called Frampton Comes Alive in the late 70s. Is still touring and putting out new albums at age 60. Chicago and America are on the bill too.. not sure what I think about that. :?
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• NossieNossie Posts: 1,039
    hey kids...

what've i missed... ? :D
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
    sweet fanny adams.
    ooh that much huh... bursting at the seams... hehe

how's the fancy plant settling in??

fancy plants are looking pretty fucking sweet. spike, my nearly dead yucca tree, has been planted in the garden.
    PRAY FOR HIM.
    will send some positive vibes his way... promise!

only i could kill an unkillable plant.
    oh i reckon i could give you a run for your money. The people at the local nursery said only an idiot could kill a 'money plant'... well i passed that challenge! :lol:

listening to some of my favourite pj songs today, it's dawned on me that WMA has never been played in Adelaide.... Hmmm, that's not gonna fly.... (yes, i do realise this is one of many...!! :D )

• JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Happy Birthday threefish10

:D:lol: :roll:
    :D
  • zenith wrote:
    and it wasnt untill i grew up that i realised it was ronnie james dio that sung it

Dead.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    I knew I was dragged in here for a reason!! Happy chappy fish! All the best mate
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • DonJon wrote:
    I knew I was dragged in here for a reason!! Happy chappy fish! All the best mate
    When are you going to join FB!? There's a heap of photos of you on there, ha ha.

Then you couldve said Happy Bday to Fishy on his page ;)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • DonJon wrote:
    When are you going to join FB!? There's a heap of photos of you on there, ha ha.

Like all my important friends did. :D you ain't cool if you ain't on Facebook.
  • DonJon wrote:

Like all my important friends did. :D you ain't cool if you ain't on Facebook.
    True dat 8-)

It's only legit if it's on the book of face.
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
    DonJon wrote:

Yeah DJ.... you could also respond to text msg's and emails too as a bit of a novelty...!!! :D8-)

• We saw Powderfinger aka Talcum Digit on Saturday at the Sydney Ent. Centre...was good! :D Crowd was generally well behaved, still got the pushers and some chick in front of us was FILMING every song on her camera, which was highly annoying...but the Finger put on a good show. There was even a surprise pulled off by them mid show, not sue if they are doing that every gig, but would love to know :)

Anyone else going to see them?

I found it a bit weird, as I was waving "goodbye" to the band and thinking of it as a final farewell show, I realised they would be saying "goodbye" the next night too :lol:
  • heidihiheidihi Posts: 114
    Custard blew Powderfinger out of the water in Brisbane last year. I miss Custard :cry:
    “The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.” Mark Twain
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    My crappy on purpose U2 tickets arrived in the mail today.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• There was even a surprise pulled off by them mid show, not sue if they are doing that every gig, but would love to know :)

yes, and yes.
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    There was even a surprise pulled off by them mid show, not sue if they are doing that every gig, but would love to know :)

yes, and yes.

What did they do?
  • i got my u2 ticket in the mail yesterday as well.
    I get to say good bye to powderfinger 3 times, once is the final goodbye to sydney, the next is the warm up for the final goodbye, and then i say goodbye for good... or at least 5 years :lol::lol::lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • aus_suz wrote:
    There was even a surprise pulled off by them mid show, not sue if they are doing that every gig, but would love to know :)

yes, and yes.

What did they do?
    A poo!

Ha! I'd tell you but don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone else.
    whisper it to me. they're not playing here. probably because nz as a whole never really loved them.
    although i did.

i did.
  • saw the fingers 1st brisso show, now i gotta wait til november to see their last ever show.

kinda glad they decided to call it quits now then like most other bands who just silently fade away or who just don't know when to stop like metallica, acdc, u2, the who, rolling stones, pearl jam and so on. at least finger are still kinda relevant, although their last 2 albums have been pretty average, and their live performances have been sub par since about 2005. but this final tour seems to have reminded them why they started a band in the 1st place, and made them remember what got them their, instead of just playing songs from the last 3 albums they have actually remember they had a lot of great fucking songs released before vulture street.

i had already resigned myself to the fact that when i saw them last year for the q150 gig, where like someone above said custard embarrassed them at their own show, was gonna be the last time i saw them live, unless they announced a farewell tour. so what did they go and do? announce a farewell tour. so i wasn't disappointed or sad they are quitting.