Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Not sure about renewing Fishy...I would say you could renew just for the priority seats, but not too sure how that worked out last tour :lol:

ha yeah, that's all i've really been hanging onto it for cause i have a pretty good number, but i didn't even buy 10 club tickets last tour. 15 minutes for an extra $30. fuck that.

U have a good number Fishy renew it....
    The single and mag are worth 30 bucks..
    Hopefully next tour they will be back in arena's and your number will be mighty handy then :)

I just really check the threads Ive posted in dont normally look at the new threads in the forums...
    Wasnt quite the same after the thread got locked...
    I see the Dublin and Zagreb thread is still going strong ...good on them :)
  • The single and mag are worth something...if you get them! :lol:

Seriously though Fishy, whats $30 a year for a renewal? A case of beer...at least then, if they do release Ten Club seats next tour, it will be worth it.

Unless they dont tour for another 15 years :?
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    ha yeah, that's all i've really been hanging onto it for cause i have a pretty good number, but i didn't even buy 10 club tickets last tour. 15 minutes for an extra $30. fuck that.
    It meant that we all got whatever spot we wanted without having to push and be an arse though. That's worth something?
  • bazzer wrote:
    It meant that we all got whatever spot we wanted without having to push and be an arse though. That's worth something?
    Are you serious? What concert were you at? :lol:

Oh...maybe you were on "The List" 8-)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
    bazzer wrote:
    Are you serious? What concert were you at? :lol:

Oh...maybe you were on "The List" 8-)

LOL.... Being on the list had more benefits than 10c
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    hey man, don't diss the list. i still relish the number 33.

33.jpg
    doompony wrote:

33.jpg

LOL... u dont need a list if u just line up and wait for the gate to open :p
  • I remember at Sydney, we didnt even attempt to line up in the 10C line...we sat under a tree until they opened the gates :lol: So hot!
  • aus_suz wrote:
    doompony wrote:

33.jpg

Suz, I plan on lining up a week before the gates open next time...you bring the chemie pen :lol:
    aus_suz wrote:
    doompony wrote:

33.jpg

that shit was tight. there were enforcers. there was some unpleasantness. all because of non-list rule obeyers.
    doompony wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    doompony wrote:

33.jpg

that shit was tight. there were enforcers. there was some unpleasantness. all because of non-list rule obeyers.

Why do u need a list if u are already in line waiting....?
    there wasn't a line.
    aus_suz wrote:
    doompony wrote:

33.jpg

Suz, I plan on lining up a week before the gates open next time...you bring the chemie pen :lol:

LOL.....u know where u can put the chemie pen....hahahaha *runs*
    Anyway Sairs Im already lining up..... :)
    doompony wrote:
    there wasn't a line.

I didnt go to NZ...
    There were lines in Aus tho.....
  • aus_suz wrote:
    Ha ha! Is it cold out there on the concrete?

Hey, my neighbour leaves tomorrow to Tassie...I should hide in her suitcase and come over for a visit :lol: She told me people have said you can drive from one end of tassie to the other in a day...is that true?

Powderfinger next week :o
    aus_suz wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    there wasn't a line.

I didnt go to NZ...
    There were lines in Aus tho.....

i think there was a line in chch, but auckland was just a scattering of bodies
    Maybe it was different in Oz, but I thought things were pretty laid back here. Sure, there was a line of sorts (especially in Chch, and to start with in Auckland) but in the end I thought people were pretty respectful of each other. You knew the people that had been there all day waiting, so I don't think it's really important that they stayed in exactly the same spot all day.

A list should be unnecessary but numbers were a good way of keeping everyone organised and meant we got to mingle a bit. I didn't really see anyone abuse it (except maybe me in Auckland! Thanks to those cool guys around me that didn't kick up a stink just because my wife couldn't get off work for the day).

Man, I miss it. I still hope next time they come here it's seated though. Then we won't have to worry about any of that stuff. We'll just have to angst over where our seats will be and if it was fair and if someone got better seats with a higher number etc ;)
    only problem with seating is no front row love.
    aus_suz wrote:
    Ha ha! Is it cold out there on the concrete?

Hey, my neighbour leaves tomorrow to Tassie...I should hide in her suitcase and come over for a visit :lol: She told me people have said you can drive from one end of tassie to the other in a day...is that true?

Powderfinger next week :o

Yep Pheebs and I drove to Burnie which is the NW coast and we drove from the SE coast in 3hrs hahaha
    ooops

Yes u should have got in their case where are they staying?
    bazzer wrote:
    Maybe it was different in Oz, but I thought things were pretty laid back here. Sure, there was a line of sorts (especially in Chch, and to start with in Auckland) but in the end I thought people were pretty respectful of each other. You knew the people that had been there all day waiting, so I don't think it's really important that they stayed in exactly the same spot all day.

A list should be unnecessary but numbers were a good way of keeping everyone organised and meant we got to mingle a bit. I didn't really see anyone abuse it (except maybe me in Auckland! Thanks to those cool guys around me that didn't kick up a stink just because my wife couldn't get off work for the day).

Man, I miss it. I still hope next time they come here it's seated though. Then we won't have to worry about any of that stuff. We'll just have to angst over where our seats will be and if it was fair and if someone got better seats with a higher number etc ;)

Yeah Im kinda wishing it was this time last yr....
    Looking back now it was fun....
    Yeah seats would be good next time, even tho as doom said no front row love...I didnt get front row love but I got spots where I could see and didnt have massive tall ppl blocking my view....
    Would be cool to not have to be outside in the sun and buying merch would be better....
    I reckon tho they will do the same less shows same amount of ppl or in some cases more ppl in the crowd...
    doompony wrote:
    For who? Someone gets front row :) Probably wouldn't be me though, numbers not good enough for that. Still, probably the first couple in NZ I guess.
    i am curious about where my number would place me. mine is 144234.. i know it ain't a bad number and i figure there wouldn't be THAT many kiwis with ten club numbers... but if auckland was anything to go by there'd be HEAPS of aussies with better numbers. the front row contained more traveling australians than kiwis.

look, if i can't have front row, side stage would be FINE i suppose. :roll:
    bazzer wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    For who? Someone gets front row :) Probably wouldn't be me though, numbers not good enough for that. Still, probably the first couple in NZ I guess.

well number wouldn't help get you front row love if they have the first 2 rows reserved for the lottery.
    doompony wrote:
    i am curious about where my number would place me. mine is 144234.. i know it ain't a bad number and i figure there wouldn't be THAT many kiwis with ten club numbers... but if auckland was anything to go by there'd be HEAPS of aussies with better numbers. the front row contained more traveling australians than kiwis.

look, if i can't have front row, side stage would be FINE i suppose. :roll:

gees wouldnt 144xxx get ya someone near the front few rows for sure I reckon...
  • aus_suz wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    i am curious about where my number would place me. mine is 144234.. i know it ain't a bad number and i figure there wouldn't be THAT many kiwis with ten club numbers

gees wouldnt 144xxx get ya someone near the front few rows for sure I reckon...

yeah that's better then my number and i've had front row, the worst i've had was 3rd row
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    so now we just have to convince them to COME BACK. no pun intended.
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    My cheap and nasty on purpose U2 tickets ($39.90 each) should be arriving in the mail soon. Apparently we'll be sitting behind the stage at Suncorp. :lol:
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    nothing much has changed here i see .....

i briefly tossed over the idea of u2 tkts - some friends down here wanted to go so i said id get them tkts and go too, but they ummed and ahhd & carried on as usual, so i simply didnt bother. I like early u2, and still do - but i cant say im dying to see them these days, and i have plenty of better things to spend that money on .... i can put joshua tree on, and pretend bono didnt stick his head up his arse

powderfinger 8-) looking forward to this show - but all these shows happening now - canberra isnt till next month, but everytime someone says ... 'powderfinger next week' or suchlike, i get all paranoid that i have my months all fucked up and have to get up and check my tkts!! :lol: *oct 12*
    see, if it were pj i'd have it memorised for the past 6 months - from when the rumour threads started up in fact :lol:

hhmmmm .... life drags on .....
    impatience is a gift ........
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    Agreed Lindy, which is why I didn't want to spend much on them. Anyway it's a good excuse to go up to Brissie for a couple of nights. Tried hard to get Powderfinger tickets but couldn't. Also got tickets for Peter Frampton and friends in October at Riverstage. The young'uns on here probably don't remember his music. :)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014