Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    aus_suz wrote:
    I think Mikes voice has a kinda John Lennon kinda sound to it...
    Has anyone else listened to Better Days yet?

Hey I was thinking Mike's singing is a bit Beatleish too. :)

Does anyone know where I can get a download of the latest Single?

Not sure what I think of that Better Days song yet .. sounds like an Ed solo song more than a Pearl Jam song.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    it was don't change fishy

damn, if it was just keep walking Matchbox Cars might have earned a tiny little bit of my respect. maybe.

don't change > JKW ;)
    wah
    aus_suz wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

i don't mind it

Yeah Same.....
    Its a very relaxing to listen to voice... Mike should sing more..
    Perhaps Mike and Ed have been tutoring one another :)

haha..

single may be somewhere Dimitris' way, gremmie.net ?
    wah
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    E.K wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

Hey I was thinking Mike's singing is a bit Beatleish too. :)

Does anyone know where I can get a download of the latest Single?

Not sure what I think of that Better Days song yet .. sounds like an Ed solo song more than a Pearl Jam song.

Hmmmm A bit beatleish......hmmmmmm John Lennon was Beatle.....

gremmie.net
    *tumbleweed*
    wah
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    it's cold in new zealand.

i know what would make the country warmer.
    doompony wrote:
    it's cold in new zealand.

i know what would make the country warmer.

Looked so cold there in some of those tour pics?
    What were the temps for the tour?...
    Brisbane I was so over the sun same in Perth...
    Adelaide was the heat...
    Sydney was the killer 42 deg I think...
    I would've died :)
    it was about 23 or so in auckland - though got cooler as the night wore on... no idea what it was in chch but it looked highly unpleasant.
    but i meant... it's 5 degrees here right now. i'm typing with gloves on. bring back the hot sexy heat of pearl jam. warm the cockles of our hearts!
    doompony wrote:
    it was about 23 or so in auckland - though got cooler as the night wore on... no idea what it was in chch but it looked highly unpleasant.

haha! it was pretty nice in Auckland :) Christchurch was bloody cold, and windy earlier in the day for the lineup! much preferred Auck temps :lol:

yes heat, give us heat.. :o
    wah
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    aus_suz wrote:

i don't mind it

I fucking love that song.....
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    DonJon wrote:

Zig Ill email ya re NZ

I just saw that you were going to email me....which you didn't....so hurry up, shithead!
    Ohhh guess what I just got and am listening to right now ---- my very first PJ concert EVER when I was 15 -- never heard it before -- FUCK YEAAAAHHH!!! :clap::clap::clap:

03/22/95 - Entertainment Centre: Brisbane, Australia [130m]
    attendance: 15,000
    support act: The Meanies

set: Oceans, Last Exit, Corduroy/Not for You, Tremor Christ, Animal, Dissident, Go, Daughter/Improv, Deep, Jeremy, Footsteps, Rearviewmirror, Immortality, Alive, Black, Blood
    enc 1: State of Love and Trust, Whipping, I Got You, Better Man/Brisbane rhyme, Porch
    enc 2: Against the 70s, Sonic Reducer, Indifference

notes: The crowd in the pit area picks up the seats and they are carried to the back of the auditorium. People are packed in too tightly and Ed says, "... up here, we got a problem. We gotta clear some room. Please everyone, if you wanna do something for me, as a favor ... everyone take like five steps back ... now on the next song, jump up and down not forward, OK?" and PJ slams into 'RVM.' A full version of the Split Enz 'I Got You' is dedicated to "... the girl who changed her fuckin' name to Pearl Jam." Mike gets wild and creative during an extended 'Porch' jam and Ed wraps up the song by repeating "I'm happy, I hope you're happy, too ..." a couple of times (likely a David Bowie 'Ashes to Ashes' nod). 'Against the 70s' is introduced as a Mike Watt song (not played at a PJ concert before or since), with Dave Grohl joining PJ on drums and staying for a rocked out version of 'Sonic Reducer.' Great setlist and wonderful versions of songs.
    ohhh zig, wow..

how's the quality?
    wah
    ohhh zig, wow..

how's the quality?

Pretty shit....but not too shit....I was told it was really bad so wasn't expecting much so was pleasantly surprised.

I can't remember Footsteps being on setlist though....I'd love love love to hear Footsteps now.
    awwww..

yeh that's always the case huh!

i think i have a shitty copy of Adelaide '98 somewhere, wish i'd gone to that!
    wah
    I would've gone to one of the 1995 gigs in Sydney except I wasn't a fan then.

*runs*

:oops:
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

what's the shame in that EK? i wasn't 'til the next century :lol::)
    wah
    what's the shame in that EK? i wasn't 'til the next century :lol::)

Hmmm. You would've a bit too young last century to appreciate them though, right? :)

not young enough for matchbox though ;) my how our tastes change and develop!
    wah
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Ohhh guess what I just got and am listening to right now ---- my very first PJ concert EVER when I was 15 -- never heard it before -- FUCK YEAAAAHHH!!! :clap::clap::clap:

03/22/95 - Entertainment Centre: Brisbane, Australia [130m]
    attendance: 15,000
    support act: The Meanies

set: Oceans, Last Exit, Corduroy/Not for You, Tremor Christ, Animal, Dissident, Go, Daughter/Improv, Deep, Jeremy, Footsteps, Rearviewmirror, Immortality, Alive, Black, Blood
    enc 1: State of Love and Trust, Whipping, I Got You, Better Man/Brisbane rhyme, Porch
    enc 2: Against the 70s, Sonic Reducer, Indifference

notes: The crowd in the pit area picks up the seats and they are carried to the back of the auditorium. People are packed in too tightly and Ed says, "... up here, we got a problem. We gotta clear some room. Please everyone, if you wanna do something for me, as a favor ... everyone take like five steps back ... now on the next song, jump up and down not forward, OK?" and PJ slams into 'RVM.' A full version of the Split Enz 'I Got You' is dedicated to "... the girl who changed her fuckin' name to Pearl Jam." Mike gets wild and creative during an extended 'Porch' jam and Ed wraps up the song by repeating "I'm happy, I hope you're happy, too ..." a couple of times (likely a David Bowie 'Ashes to Ashes' nod). 'Against the 70s' is introduced as a Mike Watt song (not played at a PJ concert before or since), with Dave Grohl joining PJ on drums and staying for a rocked out version of 'Sonic Reducer.' Great setlist and wonderful versions of songs.

What ever happened to the Meanies??
    Sounds a great concert and memories Zig :)
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    against the 70s, wow. would have been a cool show.

still wish i could get a boot of my 1st show in 98.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    since im pm-ing, id better drop into this thread too

ive got my 95 canberra boot - the quality is shithouse, but its such a cool trip listening to it :)

and better days .... i had a link on my f/b page earlier last week .... dont know if it still works tho
    impatience is a gift ........
    i don't have a boot of my first show - wellington 98 - but by all accounts it doesn't exist so guess i never will :(
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Oh you kids who even went to those 90s shows put me to shame being only a 2009 born again PJ fan but I'm truly signed & sealed now(delivery of MSG & Philly boots yesterday confirms;))! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    not young enough for matchbox though ;) my how our tastes change and develop!

Matchbox 20 is teeny bopper music though, so you were the right age for that. ;)

your sig.. all i see....

"squeeze my testicles" - Eddie Vedder, Brisbane Australia, 25/11/09

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    doompony wrote:
    your sig.. all i see....

"squeeze my testicles" - Eddie Vedder, Brisbane Australia, 25/11/09

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Bahahaha. It's the thing I will always remember most about that night. :P

*thinks about it for a while*

*thinks* :oops:
    doompony wrote:
    *thinks about it for a while*

*thinks* :oops:

*crickets chirping*