Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• Hello 10Cers.

I might say a quick hello ITT because apart from posting on AMPJ in my early teens i havent really been on the PJ discussion scene. But im pretty damn excited about another Australian tour, despite my misgivings about the venue and the supports.

Hopefully the ticketing all goes smoothly. I'm overseas at the moment so i'll have to be vigilant with my inbox checking!

I guess i'll be chatting away on here for a bit. Especially when i get home. Hello Australian friends! YEAH!
  • alangalang Posts: 8
    So I see we have an e-mail about 10c ticket pricing.

Anyone know what the prices will be for the general tickets?

Seems they'll be about NZ$130 on current rates for ours.

:edit: I notice according to eventfinder it'll be - Gold: $119.50 - Silver: $99.50

Will 10c give gold or silver? and what extra do I get for the $10 or $30 premium? :? :?:
  • alang wrote:
    So I see we have an e-mail about 10c ticket pricing.

Anyone know what the prices will be for the general tickets?

Seems they'll be about NZ$130 on current rates for ours.

:edit: I notice according to eventfinder it'll be - Gold: $119.50 - Silver: $99.50

Will 10c give gold or silver? and what extra do I get for the $10 or $30 premium? :? :?:

Basically it seems there are - from info off the various sites involved thus far - 2 price points and 3 ticket options. These being:

1. Gold - General Admission
    2. Gold - Reserved seating
    3. Silver - Reserved seating

What I'd take that to mean is that the floor is General Admission and the stands are then split into 2 price points... the better ones being for the higher price. In the tenclub info just now it stated that the tenclub tickets are General Admission. The extra that you get (and I'll just assume NZ tenclub tickets are more expensive than the Gold public tickets like they are in Australia) is priority entry. That would translate to probably a separate queue/entrance for tenclub members that will be admitted, say, 15 mins prior to the public with their GA tix.

So my advice is:

If you want to be at the front of the pit, get 10club.

If you want to be in the pit but can't justify paying a bit more (and can except that you probably wont be on the bar), get GA in the public sale

If you don't want the pit because you're not into GA scenarios, get the more expensive seats in the public onsale

If you are strapped for cash and are just happy seeing the boys, no matter where you are in the venue, get the cheapest option (and get the people at the back dancing in their seats! Someone's gotta do it right?)

And I will just say that this is all just from what I know, from following past tours (and many a wasted hour on forums). BUT, I don't work for the band and please take this for what it is... ADVISE from a fellow fan just trying to help someone out.

Have a good tour!
    Peas
    Joel

if nothing is everything i would have it all
    hi joel, thanks so much for taking the time to write that, very informative. 8-)
  • MognoMogno Posts: 9
    Interesting.. Just received this from the Visaentertainment presale email. "Plus a limited number of VIP tickets will be available at both venues for $150.00 each. Supply is limited so you'll need to be quick." - Wonder if there's a difference between these tickets and 10c
    Mogno wrote:
    Interesting.. Just received this from the Visaentertainment presale email. "Plus a limited number of VIP tickets will be available at both venues for $150.00 each. Supply is limited so you'll need to be quick." - Wonder if there's a difference between these tickets and 10c

funny you should mention that, I was thinking the same thing.

and the other thing:
    GO get your Pearl Jam tickets before anyone else (except Ten Club members :lol:) with Visa
  • do 10C members choose where to sit or stand?
    i mean, the pre-sale prices are 239US for two. i'm guessing this is allocated in the stands right?
    do 10C members choose where to sit or stand?
    i mean, the pre-sale prices are 239US for two. i'm guessing this is allocated in the stands right?

Ten Club tickets are general admission and sold on a first come, first serve basis.

by that I would assume they will not be allocated seating.
  • alang wrote:

Ten Club tickets are general admission and sold on a first come, first serve basis.

so what's the benefit of getting 10c tickets if you can get line up with everyone else and get GA tickets?
    i'm not seeing any difference.
  • B-RockB-Rock Posts: 149
    alang wrote:

so what's the benefit of getting 10c tickets if you can get line up with everyone else and get GA tickets?
    i'm not seeing any difference.

Well for the fact you are let in the stadium before normal GA entry meaning you are closer to the band. Thats one of the benefits.
    Also saves lining up or getting pissed off at ticketek for crashing or anything so i do see a benefit.
    Sydney 8-11-06, 18-11-06; Melbourne 20-11-09, Sydney 22-11-09, Manchester 20-06-12, 21-06-12
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    :(

I'm absolutely gutted. My wife and I decided this year we would have a special holiday.

We arrive in Auckland on 5th December for one month. Our original plans were to arrive on 25th November.

Oh cruel world. And just 2 weeks after failing to get tickets for Shepherds Bush. They obviously hate me!
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    nuffingman wrote:
    :(

I'm absolutely gutted. My wife and I decided this year we would have a special holiday.

We arrive in Auckland on 5th December for one month. Our original plans were to arrive on 25th November.

Oh cruel world. And just 2 weeks after failing to get tickets for Shepherds Bush. They obviously hate me!

oh no... :(

can't go a week earlier again?
    wah
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    [/quote]

oh no... :(

can't go a week earlier again?[/quote]

No chance, flights booked and paid for. Work would be a problem as well.

Life can suck sometimes.
    shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit

sucks dude, so sorry to hear that

you'll have a great trip though - a month in NZ and over Chrissie - awesome :)
    wah
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    well today i had to have jay at the orthodontist bright and early - the tv stopped working just before we left, but i didnt think much more of that ... got to the ortho's ... to be told hes going to need 3 years work and if we can get away with a plate im looking at $3g ... or else braces too will be about $7g ... :? i could leave it and let him get something done when he's an adult, but then he'd need jaw surgery, or doing nothing at all he'd end up with cracked bottom teeth ... and im up for $600 just to get him to the how shall we approach this stage

sooo slightly dazed ... i walked out of there and continued on to the next town, to be txtd left right & centre that 10c tkts sale announced ... then phone calls that would drop out at every turn because stupid fuckin telstra with the best mobile coverage in australia cant even get coverage across one tiny part of nsw ...

home - gee, shit, the tv still doesnt work :D in fact none of them do - so i ring the electrician - who co-incidentally is a pj fan, and im shouting a sydney tkt for the last lot of electrical work he did for me - who tells me he'll be around at 8am to look at it for me, watch a dvd till then ....

so ive been sitting here watching pj boots all night ... just going thru gorge now ... and who cares about the problems of the day!!! i am so fucking pumped!!! this is going to be just colossal - im going to drink eddys wine, and hear in my tree, and fall in love with the band fresh at every show 8-) i cannot wait!!!!

one tiny bit advice tho - for those without kids yet ... make sure you create them with someone with GOOD TEETH!!!!! :roll:
    impatience is a gift ........
    sheeeeet :o

teeth are officially an exclusion criteria
    wah
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    YEAH! I'm excited too. :D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    :shock:
    wah
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    Just bought two 10C tickets to the Brisbane show! Took three minutes.

:D
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Got my sydney tix!! Wil be hunting up spare singles for the rest of the country if anyone has them.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Austicman wrote:
    Got my sydney tix!! Wil be hunting up spare singles for the rest of the country if anyone has them.
    See you in Syd.
    8-)
    wah
    Just booked accommodation at Travelodge Garden City for November 25th. Is within walking distance of the QSAC with shops and restaurants nearby.

Yeeee haaaa! 8-)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

Woo hooo......2 x NZ and Brisbane! 8-)

I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. Let's all get drunk tonight and celebrate our tickets! 8-)
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. Let's all get drunk tonight and celebrate our tickets! 8-)

Don't need alcohol. I've been on a natural high all day.. Running around all hyper like I'm drunk. :)

E.K wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Don't need alcohol. I've been on a natural high all day.. Running around all hyper like I'm drunk. :)

I've been a rollercoaster of emotions all day long! Thanks DonJon! ;)
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I've been a rollercoaster of emotions all day long! Thanks DonJon! ;)

I crashed at 9 o'clock last night. :)

Chasing up 2 extra Sydney tickets if anyone has spares. Just PM me. Cheers!!!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    SO,,ALL U GREAT PEOPLE FOM AUS SCORE??? ;) HAPPY PEOPLE..L;ET ME SEE SMILES :D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sydney and New Zealand!!! Hopefully Perth and Melbourne too!!!!!