Options

I need to Vent.....

Comments

• Options

Look at this guy. Just look! *******PLEASE PLAY BREAKERFALL OR THE END FOR THIS LITTLE GUY********

Longueuil said:

Maybe one squirrel was in need...

Squirrels are rats with fluffy tails.

Please play RATS for this squirrel!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,761

Look at this guy. Just look! *******PLEASE PLAY BREAKERFALL OR THE END FOR THIS LITTLE GUY********

Longueuil said:

Maybe one squirrel was in need...

Squirrels are rats with fluffy tails.

Please play RATS for this squirrel!
    Hahaha! Yes!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    YAKIMATSU said:

brianlux said:

From the amount of requests that seem to have been honored, it got me thinking. I guess it's possible the band actually does have someone paying attention. Maybe they are really just trying to shake it up? How many times can you crank out the hits without getting bored as hell? What if they just want to play different stuff to appease people that support them? I guess we could start a new debate, is the band wrong for wanting to play what ten club members want to hear? I probably wouldn't start a request but I don't think they are going away anytime soon.

Would you agree that it makes sense to have either a separate forum segment called "Fane Requests" or at least just ONE thread called "Fan Requests"?

Why? Scrolling, scrolling, that's such a big problem? I wish I had your life.
    Category suggestions: 1. Fan Requests
    2. The true fans (for 1000 and up posts)
    this made me lol

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    brianlux said:

badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

YAKIMATSU said:

Apparently offering up an opinion that PJ forum should be a happy place and allow everyone to do what they liked will be judged wrong by the seniority and you will be moved for fucking with our forum. I have been reading the forum off and on for many years and the way the seniority berates and ridicules behaviors that they don't deem appropriate is scary and the peer pressure over the requests was enough.
    Judging whether a crowd at a show your not at is rocking enough. Ridiculing people for all these little things. They didn't know the right words or they didn't rock hard enough to this song or that. Hammering people for selling all the merch online when we know 10c could fix that immediately.......if they wanted to. I'm not paying $50 for a sticker, but if a bum got a meal out that sticker by standing in line, I'm just happy for the bum not bitchin about people being creative. Remember 10c and our band support this otherwise after years of complaints they would have changed.
    They have no response to these threads yet they stay on here all the time.
    They respond to threads and ya'll say move em.

See ya'll in Denver, out.
    This is a venting thread.

Hahahahahahaha that's funny =))
    Love it! Reminds me of the time this lady I worked with who happened to be black and she and I were talking about alcohol and pot and she made a comment that was slightly contradictory and I got my tongue twisted a bit and said, "Honey, that's like the black calling the kettle pot". We both totally cracked up. :))
    If there was ever a time for a HALTS MAUL brian!, that was it! To fucken funny =))
  • Options

YAKIMATSU said:

brianlux said:

From the amount of requests that seem to have been honored, it got me thinking. I guess it's possible the band actually does have someone paying attention. Maybe they are really just trying to shake it up? How many times can you crank out the hits without getting bored as hell? What if they just want to play different stuff to appease people that support them? I guess we could start a new debate, is the band wrong for wanting to play what ten club members want to hear? I probably wouldn't start a request but I don't think they are going away anytime soon.

Would you agree that it makes sense to have either a separate forum segment called "Fane Requests" or at least just ONE thread called "Fan Requests"?

this made me lol

Wait, how many posts do you have shortstack? Ok, good, over 1000. You're in the clear...... #:-S
  • Options
    YAKIMATSU said:

brianlux said:

Dude, is this some radical new therapy? B-)
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited October 2014
    badbrains said:

YAKIMATSU said:

brianlux said:

this made me lol

Wait, how many posts do you have shortstack? Ok, good, over 1000. You're in the clear...... #:-S
    Ok, so I have a thousand posts but have only been here less than a year this go around. I've let my membership lapse 3 times or so since the mid nineties. Does that make me new or a true fan? Can I get a ruling?
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    come back, YAKI dude! :O)
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options

badbrains said:

YAKIMATSU said:

brianlux said:

this made me lol

Ok, so I have a thousand posts but have only been here less than a year this go around. I've let my membership lapse 3 times or so since the mid nineties. Does that make me new? Can I get a ruling?
    You're good, I remember you. Plus the magic line is 1000. Some exceptions made like for my partner in crime LoLo. He's 100% legit, nobody fucks with him cuz he's 2 legit to quit......
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

YAKIMATSU said:

brianlux said:

this made me lol

Ok, so I have a thousand posts but have only been here less than a year this go around. I've let my membership lapse 3 times or so since the mid nineties. Does that make me new? Can I get a ruling?
    You're good, I remember you. Plus the magic line is 1000. Some exceptions made like for my partner in crime LoLo. He's 100% legit, nobody fucks with him cuz he's 2 legit to quit......
    Well that's a relief! I don't know if I could handle not being a true fan.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I won't claim not to judge, because I do. Sometimes with apology, sometimes not. Let my conscience sort it out - usually does.

I prefer to go more by content than size.

(that ain't what she said :D)

I also like threads like this, lots of colors and thoughts and ranges of humor coming together.

Still laughing at Brian's Boom/M-80 comment, among others!
  • Options
    I started this thread and it speaks for itself. No more depressing song request. Thanks.
  • Options

I started this thread and it speaks for itself. No more depressing song request. Thanks.

After 12 pages your thread is true.
    No more depressing song requests
  • Options
    Hmmmmmm, what song requests should I start today? Any suggestions?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I don't think any of these people who start song request threads read anything BUT those lame ass threads. It's obvious with all the song request satire, you'd think they'd get the hint. But they don't.

Edit- felt it was a little harsh
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

YAKIMATSU said:

brianlux said:

this made me lol

Thanks BB!!!
    I am working hard to get to 1000 so I can find out the secret fixer handshake.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

YAKIMATSU said:

brianlux said:

this made me lol

Thanks BB!!!
    I am working hard to get to 1000 so I can find out the secret fixer handshake.
    Hmmmmmm, there's a shitload of songs in the catalog. Make a request for EVERY song and we mite get you to 1000!

• Options
    Given2Fly-FishGiven2Fly-Fish Posts: 811
    edited October 2014
    Re-do

Post edited by Given2Fly-Fish on
  • Options
    Given2Fly-FishGiven2Fly-Fish Posts: 811
    edited October 2014

badbrains said:

I don't think any of these people who start song request threads read anything BUT those lame ass threads. It's obvious with all the song request satire, you'd think they'd get the hint. But they don't. Guys brother died of cancer so now he wants a song in Denver and is asking people to get that request to the boys. UnfuckenREAL. Sorry your bro died, but what's a song gonna do for HIM? Nothing, it's all about you.

Wow dude, that is way harsh...
    BTW - I have ZERO problem with someone who has experienced tragedy making a song request, or a kid going to his first show wnating to hear a song, or someone's honeymoon, etc. I just think that with the volume of these requests it should be its own category.
    Post edited by Given2Fly-Fish on
  • Options
    edited October 2014

badbrains said:

I don't think any of these people who start song request threads read anything BUT those lame ass threads. It's obvious with all the song request satire, you'd think they'd get the hint. But they don't.

Ya, I deleted the harsh part. It was a little fucked up.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited October 2014

badbrains said:

I don't think any of these people who start song request threads read anything BUT those lame ass threads. It's obvious with all the song request satire, you'd think they'd get the hint. But they don't. Guys brother died of cancer so now he wants a song in Denver and is asking people to get that request to the boys. UnfuckenREAL. Sorry your bro died, but what's a song gonna do for HIM? Nothing, it's all about you.

I think the problem is that too many fans think that getting their personal choice of song, for whatever reason, will quantify whatever that fan feels for the band. There are too many fans with this need to be "personally shouted out" to by the band. I think that's the problem with PJ. Fans don't look up to them as just a great band. They look up to them like gods. Why can't we just enjoy the music and the feeling it gives us? EV said himself… "Worship the music, not the musician."
  • Options
    Thanks man, no worries...
  • Options

Thanks man, no worries...

Thank you for pointing out how dickish my post was.
  • Options

badbrains said:

I think the problem is that too many fans think that getting their personal choice of song, for whatever reason, will quantify whatever that fan feels for the band. There are too many fans with this need to be "personally shouted out" to by the band. I think that's the problem with PJ. Fans don't look up to them as just a great band. They look up to them like gods. Why can't we just enjoy the music and the feeling it gives us? EV said himself… "Worship the music, not the musician."
    Exactly, this is what I SHOULDVE wrote.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    badbrains said:

Hmmmmmm, what song requests should I start today? Any suggestions?

FREEBIRD!!!!!!
  • Options

badbrains said:

BTW - I have ZERO problem with someone who has experienced tragedy making a song request, or a kid going to his first show wnating to hear a song, or someone's honeymoon, etc. I just think that with the volume of these requests it should be its own category.
    Not me, I'm just constipated =))
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited October 2014

Thanks for thread.

Agree.

Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,631
    edited October 2014
    I had a killer dream last night, and I'd like to request that the band make my dream a reality. So guys, at the next show I'm at (I'll keep you in the loop - you're welcome), please have me come up on stage and smash Eddie's guitar at the end of Blood. I'd really appreciate it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,761
    PJ_Soul said:

I had a killer dream last night, and I'd like to request that the band make my dream a reality. So guys, at the next show I'm at (I'll keep you in the loop - you're welcome), please have me come up on stage and smash Eddie's guitar at the end of Blood. I'd really appreciate it!

Sounds like fun. Don't forget to toss a few tambourines out to the crowd!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,631
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

Sounds like fun. Don't forget to toss a few tambourines out to the crowd!

Hell no. I'm keeping those for myself! :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.