Secret Santa 2014

Comments

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    lolobugg said:

badbrains said:

Good heavens what's with all the postal
    Mishaps?!!!? And BB, I Ted to my friend in the postal office. She says go to your local branch, and let them know. If you insured it, it should cover a retrieval attempt for up to two attempts. If not, you gotta just hope the person who received it, returns it, at which point, you'd be notified, and have the option to resend. THIS FOLKS IS WHY YOU SKWAYS INSURE PACKAGES SENT THROUGH THE USPS!! That last part was from Katie, my postal office friend!! Lol ( I was mailing gifts to my brother and his family in Cali, and I wouldn't have even thought to ask this question if she hadn't asked if the package was for my PJ secret Santa!!) hope that helps BB.

Thanks whispering hands. I talked to the post office and they took all the info and said someone will be calling me in 24 hrs. I just don't understand how it could go to WI if I sent it to NC. I don't know anyone in WI.
    Crazy shit going on during the xmas season. someone at USPS is drinking on the job
    BB, that is a crazy coincidence about the streets. I still don't know how that can even happen if they go by the zip. maybe they can retrieve it.
    I hope so Logan. Makes no sense bro.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Haven't sent mine out yet... still waiting on a thing or two to get to me first. Grrr...
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    edited December 2014
    Ok just talked to the hubs and he said the post office confirmed it was delivered ..... and delivered to the correct state.... :-SS

I am on pins and needles over here! Mine should have been received on Saturday... 8-} I'll try to hold it together.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Mine's arrived today, lots of awesome stuff in there all the way from Arizona!!
  • I received my Secret Santa gift from the UK. There was no name or card, but I asked Dimi and he told me it was Magic the Cat. Thank you, Magic, for the copy of Go on vinyl and for the CD from Lost Tuesday Society! I'm not familiar with that band, so I'm looking forward to listening to it, and of course, spinning some PJ. Thanks again! image

Glad you received it OK, I should have got the CD signed, let me know what you think of it. I love the last track, it's some good old Welsh rock with lots of folk influences.
  • wmacsonwmacson Posts: 229

Got home yesterday to a package on the front porch! No pic to post, but a pile of PJ stickers and two incredible posters made my day! Thanks to my S.S.!!!

Glad you got it and even better, glad you liked it. Hope you have a great rest of the year!

• magic the catmagic the cat Posts: 11
    edited December 2014
    Thanks to Lchic18 for the incredibly generous gifts. Secret Santa gifts photo 20141202_183402_zps2fd37137.jpg
    Post edited by magic the cat on
    Ok, well the FUCKTARD of the year award goes to bad brains!!!!! I just a text from a buddy of mine who lives in WI and said thanks for sending me that gift! Hahahaha. Turns out I forgot I sent something to imatruck hahahaha. So Logan, your package should be on it's way or delivered already, I'm gonna track all te numbers I got to find out for you!

And congrats to ME for being a fucktard!
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    badbrains said:

Ok, well the FUCKTARD of the year award goes to bad brains!!!!! I just a text from a buddy of mine who lives in WI and said thanks for sending me that gift! Hahahaha. Turns out I forgot I sent something to imatruck hahahaha. So Logan, your package should be on it's way or delivered already, I'm gonna track all te numbers I got to find out for you!

Hahahahaha, pack another one smokey!

badbrains said:

I actually am as I'm reading and typing hahaha. Oh man. Josh texts me "thanks man! Got the package!" I went and looked at his address, BANG, WI!! Hahahaha. So I text Logan and told him hopefully your package will be home waiting for you when u get home. I hope so cuz I can't find his tracking num! Mite be in my truck. Keeping my fingers crossed for Logan!
    badbrains said:

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    FoxyRedLa said:

badbrains said:

=))
    FoxyRedLa said:

badbrains said:

100%
    BB that's a photo of endearment.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

I actually am as I'm reading and typing hahaha. Oh man. Josh texts me "thanks man! Got the package!" I went and looked at his address, BANG, WI!! Hahahaha. So I text Logan and told him hopefully your package will be home waiting for you when u get home. I hope so cuz I can't find his tracking num! Mite be in my truck. Keeping my fingers crossed for Logan!
    I am gonna call the post office today. Hopefully they have it.
    I am still nervous that it might have gotten returned to you.
    in fact, I am gonna call right now.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Mine came yesterday but I don't know who sent it. Just wanted to say thank you for some amazing stuff! Vedder shirt, Blu ray dvds and 2 45's. Very, very cool. Can't wait to do this again next year!
    wmacson said:

Mine came yesterday but I don't know who sent it. Just wanted to say thank you for some amazing stuff! Vedder shirt, Blu ray dvds and 2 45's. Very, very cool. Can't wait to do this again next year!

That would be me. I put my board name on the card. Did I forget to put it in the box? Doh! Anyways, glad you liked it. Merry Christmas.
  • teegan31teegan31 Southwestern ON Posts: 126
    I got mine shipped out yesterday, I was waiting on a custom made gift I purchased but found out was not yet shipped to me. I sent the other things I picked out hoping it finds my person before Christmas. The post office said it should be there on time.

I also would like to say I received my package. I'm going to hold off on opening it for a little while longer, I know the suspense will eat me up lol. I'm never going to make it til Christmas!
  • JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,404

ok so i've had the worst 6 weeks everrrrrr and it just got worse, because amazon delivered my SS gift to me and not my person!! so I apologize, it's being resent today. I really hope they don't screw up my huge christmas order for my kids...

also, thank you JV 130312 for my gift, which my tenant had for about two weeks and didn't tell me about until yesterday! a soccer jersey, some sweet GoT stickers, a beer coozie, and an awesome pair of headphones, which my son has already claimed for his own hahaha.

Glad it got to you!! Hopefully it didn't disappoint!! Did the jersey fit?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Got mine! Thank you for the book, candle, lotion, and PJ stickers! small world- I went to U of I too!
  • I see posts with concerns about gifts that should've been received awaiting post from recipient. Don't know who my SS is, but I have not received mine in case this applies to those in limbo :) No spoilers please unless absolutely necessary :)
  • ok...am I just an idiot?...how do I post pictures on this damn thing?
  • Hello all and Merry Christmas

...two things...

1.) Terry G... thanks so much for my gifts. 3 T Shirts, the new pearl jam aviator pin, two, count them TWO pearl jam decals, and I'm not sure what else as I am not home to double check, (i'll edit later)...thanks THANKS SOOO MUCH!! I look forward to this every year!!

2.) I haven't sent mine out yet. I, like a few others am waiting on a couple of items and it'll go out shortly. I promise it'll get to where its going before Christmas!

If I can post pictures of my stash I will soon!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    edited December 2014

wmacson said:

That would be me. I put my board name on the card. Did I forget to put it in the box? Doh! Anyways, glad you liked it. Merry Christmas.
    EDIT: Now I get it. Your name is Victor and in parentheses, you had written "what you taught me". I wasn't sure what you meant. I'm slow sometimes! Haha. Anyway, thank you again for the very nice package and the card. It made my day. Merry Christmas to you as well!

PS The Love Boat Captain 45 has already been played a couple of times in my house!

Post edited by wmacson on
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Yay!!! My tracking number confirmed that my package has been delivered! B-)
    The waiting is driving me mad! It's almost been a week....there's wax in there that I won't be able to replace....ugh
  • JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,404
    Looking forward to receiving one. from the sounds of everyone else's, been a good thing so far!!
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
    JV130312 said:

Looking forward to receiving one. from the sounds of everyone else's, been a good thing so far!!

Enjoyed the posts so far!! Wish I could see that soccer jersey...
  • OMFG! Just opened my gifts...absolute perfection as well as perfect timing!! I got a local brewery glass, some trader Joe's sweets, various stickers (pj, brewery, & U2!) I'm super stoked about the cd of holiday PJ! One item literally sent chills up my spine due to the timing: North side story U2 book!! I've literally been debating purchasing this all day but decided to hold off because of ticket & travel expenses for venturing to the Chicago show. Again, immaculate timing!! I'm so giddee I'll have a hard time going to sleep!! Thank you so much MD11052; I'm assuming this because of the little birdie comment :) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
  • "Your package has been held by US customs for unknown reasons".
    ?! ~X(
    I've checked the customs site, it says there they can hold packages for as long as 6 months . I don't really understand why, because there's nothing suspicious about the parcel. Hoping it's just some kind of a routine check and that it will not take more than a couple of weeks :-S