Options

Time to start limiting sticker purchases

Comments

• Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    edited October 2014
    community.pearljam.com/discussion/236049/10c-a-request-regarding-sticker-and-pin-badge-buttons-for-fall-tour#latest

GivenToLukinKP started this thread a few months ago, but there wasn't enough support, please show your support now so this doesn't keep happening at future shows.
    Post edited by Natashapearljamfan on
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872

1. PRINT MORE

2. Sell leftovers in the store as add-on items

3. For the next tour, post the design of the city specific stuff and let any member attending the show (not just 10C tix) pre-order the shirt/sticker/pin and pick up a packet at the show.

All good ideas.

As far as #3, preordering a poster or a package that included all show specific items would be great. I would be perfectly fine buying the set of items blindly too. I wouldn't have to see the images or items before preordering them either. The designs may possibly not even be finalized at the time of preordering.

I don't have to see the designs because I like to get these types of things from the shows I attend. For those that would prefer to see the designs first, there's always the option of getting the merch at the show.

Just my 2 cents.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    i'm trying to wrap my mind around how buying enough $2 stickers to trade for other $2 stickers is flipping. how else do you complete a sticker set from shows you didn't attend?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

You really think listening to live pj shows you weren't at is anything like buying a sticker????

I don't purchase boots from shows I don't attend. We are all different. I enjoy the artwork of posters and stickers though. To each their own.
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
  • Options

i'm trying to wrap my mind around how buying enough $2 stickers to trade for other $2 stickers is flipping. how else do you complete a sticker set from shows you didn't attend?

Exactly
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    edited October 2014
    Are they really selling Austin weekend 2 stickers at the pop-up shop today? If that is true that is just completely unfair. Oh well. At the end of the day they just want the shit sold I guess.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    ComeToTX said:

You really think listening to live pj shows you weren't at is anything like buying a sticker????

I have many boots. Stickers? I would only want from shows I attended. I agree with you on that one.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    deadendp said:

ComeToTX said:

I have many boots. Stickers? I would only want from shows I attended. I agree with you on that one.
    Would you buy a Pearl Jam sticker from the Goods section? Just a general non-show sticker? I don't think there is a difference between buying a general PJ sticker and a PJ sticker from a specific show. If you like PJ and you like stickers, I don't find it odd collecting them all. There are a lot of things out there that people collect that don't require going to a concert or attending an event.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    jm257212jm257212 Posts: 409
    edited October 2014
    Your not a true pj fan unless you have it all!!!

:((
    Post edited by jm257212 on
  • Options
    dfishbergdfishberg Posts: 403
    I am not sure how the production of stickers work, but I do think if 10 club were to do something similar with stickers like they do with show posters, offer them in the shop either individually or as a set, it would cut down on people buying exorbitant amounts and flipping them. I am sympathetic to sticker collectors who are looking to complete sets and trading is really the only way to do it, but I think a 10 pre show limit is fair to all of those who attend the shows. If there are stickers left once the show starts, or post-show, people should be able to purchase as many stickers as they like.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited October 2014

deadendp said:

ComeToTX said:

Would you buy a Pearl Jam sticker from the Goods section? Just a general non-show sticker? I don't think there is a difference between buying a general PJ sticker and a PJ sticker from a specific show. If you like PJ and you like stickers, I don't find it odd collecting them all. There are a lot of things out there that people collect that don't require going to a concert or attending an event.
    I have the PJ spray sticker on the back of my car so yes, I do have a general sticker. Hey, if you want to collect something, far be it from me to tell you not to. It seems odd to me and ComeToTX to be on the hunt stickers for shows you haven't gone to, but it's probably safe to say that we don't collect thus we don't get it. It's all good. Collect on. Just a friendly discussion and a difference of opinions.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    dfishberg said:

offer them in the shop either individually or as a set

I dont think selling stickers individually in the shop makes sense from a labor/shipping standpoint, but they could easily sell (a) complete sets, (b) as an add-on item, you can only buy them if you are buying at least one non add-on item, and (c) in the end, sell mystery packs, like 10 random stickers for $10. They would not have leftovers.

Lots of good ideas. Let's hope the ridiculous resale prices lead to some positive change.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,910
    Seriously grown adults are buying more than 20 stickers to trade away? I mean there's 12 shows this tour, how bout limiting it to 12 stickers?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2014
    damn
  • Options
    foxkids4foxkids4 Cedar Rapids, IA Posts: 49
    edited October 2014
    People just need to think about others that are attending the shows....they may want 1 or 2, too. The "early bird does get the worm"--but buying an excessive amount of stickers is excessive....I'm assuming the "merch gods" will be setting a limit...
    Post edited by foxkids4 on
    2013: Wrigley and Brooklyn 1 & 2
    2014: St. Louis, Moline and St. Paul
    2016: Philly 1 and 2
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2014

Unless you know exactly how many $2 stickers you require to trade for your complete set I think it is flipping in a sense that if you buy in bulk to cover your loss then you are flipping. (Yes I know the same word was used in one sentence grammar police)
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,930

If I was running PJ's merchandise, I would totally right now release a Pearl Jam 2014 Tour Sticker Book. For fan's to collect them all. It would be great though if the 10club store did sell tour stickers instead of fan's paying double to 100+ bucks a sticker like what we are all seeing on eBay lately, everything would work out right for ever PJ fan. Though I guess maybe that's what they like to see. Adults fighting over PJ stickers. Who knows right?
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057

AndySlash said:

wait, how is buying 25-30 of them for trades not flipping? you're still doing it for personal gain.

Flipping=making a profit. Turning a $2 sticker into a $20 sale. Just look at the boards. Tons and tons of people are trading stickers
    You will never convince people that buying 30 stickers is good form. For profit or not, it's a selfish move. If you're okay with that, then fine, but atleast be honest about it. Even making a vendor count out 30 stickers seems absurd. Imagine if everyone did that.

The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,910
    adults filling albums with pearl jam stickers still boggles my mind. my five year olds like stickers.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

adults filling albums with pearl jam stickers still boggles my mind. my five year olds like stickers.

good on us
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    And the fact remains.....

The show (music) > the stickers.

Just saying.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    steeler4lifesteeler4life Philadelphia area Posts: 405
    I'm thinking that maybe I should start flipping them. Going to PJ for pretty much free sounds like a good deal.....hmmm

Don't think I could bring myself to do it. Damn you morality!!
    Philly 10/21/13 Seattle 12/06/13 "No Code" 10/17/14
  • Options
    10c really just needs to limit stickers and other show specific items available at the out side Merch booth.
  • Options

I'm thinking that maybe I should start flipping them. Going to PJ for pretty much free sounds like a good deal.....hmmm

Don't think I could bring myself to do it. Damn you morality!!

People that think like us meet where the land meets high tide.
  • Options
    Maybe with stickers 10c could offer them at the same time as ticket requests as an add on. If you get confirmed, you get your sticker when ou pickup your tickets, same envelope.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10, totally cool if you don't collect stickers and I respect that. Not cool to insinuate that sticker collectors are like 5 year olds. Everyone here is different.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Just stop the outside merch booths. I mean we all survived shows holding a poster and a couple of little things with us before. I do see that it is very nice to bring the merch stuff to the hotel or car before the show, but it fucking sucks if you have to stand in line for hours just to get a little memory piece of a show you attended.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10, totally cool if you don't collect stickers and I respect that. Not cool to insinuate that sticker collectors are like 5 year olds. Everyone here is different.
    Right. It is collecting. It is just something fun to do. If I am not mistaken a certain Eddie Vedder puts stickers on his guitars and suitcases. Quit acting like a five year old Eddie!
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    "There's only one commandment: Don't be an Asshole!"
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    whofeelslikeadrankwhofeelslikeadrank Posts: 2,702
    edited October 2014
    i'm going to agree to disagree. buying enough stickers to trade for stickers is, in no way possible, defined as flipping. it's not incomprehensible to think that an adult would collect stickers (thank you for confirming that for me Ed). i have collected PJ tour stickers for years, this is not a new concept. so now, because maybe i want a complete tour set (whether i attended each and every show or not), i can be labeled a flipper for buying enough stickers to ensure that is possible? and what about hooking up a friend who collects (or sells for a non profit charity) these stickers too? i'll say this... i gave away, totally free of any charge or postage, EVERY extra sticker i bought after last year's tour set was complete. i am going to do the exact same thing this year. i'll buy enough to make sure i can trade enough to make a set. calling the type of behavior that i've just outlined as flipping, is ludicrous. anyone who wants a sticker, should be able to easily get a sticker from right here on this forum. can't make it to the show early enough to ensure you're taken care of? network.
    Post edited by whofeelslikeadrank on
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV