03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    Indifference94Indifference94 Zanesville, Ohio Posts: 5
    My brother went up to the merch line, as I waited in the GA line. I had him pick me up a few things, but of course they were out of stickers. I ended up buying one off eBay for $12.50... grrrrr.... there defiently needs to be limit... X(
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    I say no limit to how many stickers one can buy. If I can only buy 10 stickers, then how can I do this again?

92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    JB128716 said:

I say no limit to how many stickers one can buy. If I can only buy 10 stickers, then how can I do this again?

:))
  • Options

JB128716 said:

:))
    Here we go........!
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    JB128716 said:

^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^
    IS AWESOME USAGE OF STICKERS!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    JB128716 said:

looks like you got into a sticky situation
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    derbydave said:

JB128716 said:

^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^
    IS AWESOME USAGE OF STICKERS!!!
    I hope the flippers are reading this thread.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,178
    Sticker right on your junk man. Wow.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    I hope you waxed beforehand... ;))
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Sarava said:

brianlux said:

I don't get it. If an item sells out, why not sell that item here on the PJ Ten Club store at a reasonable price? That way people who missed out could get the item reasonably priced and instead of the ridiculously jacked up prices on eBay.

I'm going to guess that if they did that, half the people (or more) would lose interest and not buy it. The one of a kind rarity, collector factor seems to be what many people are chasing.
    But they sell posters on this site after the tour...
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    That's not that funny....

It's freaking hilarious!!! Great sticker display... But you use only PJ ones right...
    Fan of the year!!!
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,449
    jlaustin said:

I hope you waxed beforehand... ;))

If not he is now!!! =))
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,178
  • Options
    YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,122
    edited October 2014

i'm trying to wrap my mind around how buying enough $2 stickers to trade for other $2 stickers is flipping. how else do you complete a sticker set from shows you didn't attend?

+1 I'm trading with PJ fans sticker for sticker. Not selling for $20. I think it's OK.
    Post edited by YoullseeDragons on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,570
    edited October 2014

i'm trying to wrap my mind around how buying enough $2 stickers to trade for other $2 stickers is flipping. how else do you complete a sticker set from shows you didn't attend?

+1 I'm trading with PJ fans sticker for sticker. Not selling for $20. I think it's OK.
    What is the difference between:

1) Selling sticker for $10 on Ebay and then buying a $10 sticker off Ebay (what is clearly seen as flipping)
    2) Trading a $2 sticker for a sticker worth $10 (a harmless trade)

The result is the same in either scenario. One is seen as flipping, and one is not. I understand trading though is acceptable, but just trying to articulate why some see (excessive) trading as flipping. Someone is trying to buy a bunch of stickers at $2 a piece that have a "street value" of $10 so they don't have to spend $10 to get another one on Ebay.

I don't think anyone has problems with traders, it is the excessive trading (which any review of my ISO threads in Lost Dogs will surely implicate me as guilty) that is angering people because you are going beyond trying to help a few friends or complete the collection to amasssing an arsenal of stickers that prevents others that are going to the shows the opportunity to buy stickers (even if they arrive several hours early). I shouldn't need "help" to get stickers to shows I am attending.

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,614
    If you can't sell tickets for over face then I don't see why merch should be any different.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    dfishbergdfishberg Posts: 403
    I do think that someone who has waited on line for hours should be entitled to a little premium in a trade ( if they want it and people are willing to do it) -- after all time is money. Although, I have had really positive experiences with trading, and many times really cool people will just give something like a sticker away. With that said, I still think 10 stickers at one time pre show is plenty. I get the collecting and trading aspect but if they sell out because people are buying huge amounts of stickers, you are really depriving people who should have first dibs on the stickers -- people who actually went to the show.
  • Options

1) Selling sticker for $10 on Ebay and then buying a $10 sticker off Ebay (what is clearly seen as flipping)

The result is the same in either scenario. One is seen as flipping, and one is not. I understand trading though is acceptable, but just trying to articulate why some see (excessive) trading as flipping. Someone is trying to buy a bunch of stickers at $2 a piece that have a "street value" of $10 so they don't have to spend $10 to get another one on Ebay.

I don't think anyone has problems with traders, it is the excessive trading (which any review of my ISO threads in Lost Dogs will surely implicate me as guilty) that is angering people because you are going beyond trying to help a few friends or complete the collection to amasssing an arsenal of stickers that prevents others that are going to the shows the opportunity to buy stickers (even if they arrive several hours early). I shouldn't need "help" to get stickers to shows I am attending.

why would anyone trade for a show they were at? and as long as the other trader is trading a sticker they paid $2, what's the difference? how is that flipping?
  • Options
    SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729

I'm sorry Craig, but having a hard time trying to figure out which side of the fence you're on. First, you think there should be a limit. Then you readily admit you're as guilty as anyone when it comes to buying for trades. Trading simply eliminates the need to go to the 'bay & pay flippers that is why we all did it last year. I'm not trying to judge you, not my place to. But from where I'm sitting, you seem to be contradicting yourself. Maybe 10 club should just print more stickers. Maybe if you want certain items, people should be willing to put some effort into getting in line and obtaining them. Maybe the Merch trucks should be for 10 club members only. But telling me that I can only buy a certain amount of stickers is ridiculous. It didn't stick with the posters & it won't with the stickers either. If everyone put as much effort into getting what they say want as they have into this thread it wouldn't even exist. Hell, half the people who chimed in on this think collecting stickers is a "childish" hobby. So really they don't even have a dog in this fight. I say let it go. What will be, will be.
    Scott A. Setser
  • Options

why would anyone trade for a show they were at? and as long as the other trader is trading a sticker they paid $2, what's the difference? how is that flipping?
    In #1 you are selling a sticker from one show to get cash to buy a sticker from another show, which is the same result as number 2 where you just trade a sticker from one show for the sticker from the other show.

I am not saying trading equals flipping but trying to illustrate why people see it that way. For most trades the person with the sticker isn't going to trade it for your $2 cash, they are only going to trade for your sticker worth $10 in my example. Look at the fair market value of the items being traded and compare that to the cost. If the cost is less than fair market value in essence you were able buy something for cheap and convert it into something more expensive.

It is the same theory where the 10c won't let you trade GA tickets for an expensive vinyl. You are turning an asset you paid $162 for into a vinyl worth $400, essentially flipping your GA tickets. It is the same thing as if you sold the tickets for $400 on EBay and used that cash to buy the vinyl for $400.
  • Options
    SS9981 said:

I'm sorry Craig, but having a hard time trying to figure out which side of the fence you're on. First, you think there should be a limit. Then you readily admit you're as guilty as anyone when it comes to buying for trades. Trading simply eliminates the need to go to the 'bay & pay flippers that is why we all did it last year. I'm not trying to judge you, not my place to. But from where I'm sitting, you seem to be contradicting yourself. Maybe 10 club should just print more stickers. Maybe if you want certain items, people should be willing to put some effort into getting in line and obtaining them. Maybe the Merch trucks should be for 10 club members only. But telling me that I can only buy a certain amount of stickers is ridiculous. It didn't stick with the posters & it won't with the stickers either. If everyone put as much effort into getting what they say want as they have into this thread it wouldn't even exist. Hell, half the people who chimed in on this think collecting stickers is a "childish" hobby. So really they don't even have a dog in this fight. I say let it go. What will be, will be.
    I am not contradicting myself, just changing my views since the sticker abuse is much higher now and being honest about buying a lot of stickers in the past. And really I always bought a smaller number originally at the outdoor tent and then bought more inside the venue and after the show when everyone had a chance.

We disagree that being first in line should entitle you to buy as much as you want. I think it should entitle you to a better chance at getting stickers, just like back in the Pre-internet days of concert tickets you got in line early to give yourself a better chance to buy your 4 tickets. It didn't mean you could buy all of the tickets. Since tickets are limited in number they put a limit on them. And I think since stickers are limited they should put a limit on the number you can buy at one time. You can then get back in line if you want more than 10 or whatever.

I don't think getting in line at 11am for a 1pm booth is some Herculean effort that entitles you to buy 100 stickers. I am trying to help the guy who actually lives in the city the show is at and can't take a vacation day from work, or the guy who thinks it is stupid that you have to get to a venue 9 hours early for a sticker (which is stupid but necessary it seems). Or at least change the process so that plenty of stickers are available inside the venue too every show.

If you buying 50 is preventing the EBay crowd from buying them, then great. But if it is only forcing people who arrived at the show later in the afternoon to have to ask you for an extra then buying 50 is adding an unnecessary middle man. For example, what if you bought the last fifty stickers, and the guy behind you got none. The guy then posts an ISO in Lost Dogs and you offer an extra sticker. That doesn't make sense unless the stickers you bought would have been bought by an ebayer.

We have traded a lot and I appreciate it. I don't have a problem with you trading and buying extras for people. Our only difference is that I think since clearly there is an issue with stickers selling out too quickly because people are buying in extreme bulk that there should be a limit per visit (you can make multiple visits). I don't think either of our views are unreasonable so don't see why there should be any animosity. It is just an opinion on sticker limits. I would trade stickers with you again no problem.
  • Options

In #1 you are selling a sticker from one show to get cash to buy a sticker from another show, which is the same result as number 2 where you just trade a sticker from one show for the sticker from the other show.

I am not saying trading equals flipping but trying to illustrate why people see it that way. For most trades the person with the sticker isn't going to trade it for your $2 cash, they are only going to trade for your sticker worth $10 in my example. Look at the fair market value of the items being traded and compare that to the cost. If the cost is less than fair market value in essence you were able buy something for cheap and convert it into something more expensive.

It is the same theory where the 10c won't let you trade GA tickets for an expensive vinyl. You are turning an asset you paid $162 for into a vinyl worth $400, essentially flipping your GA tickets. It is the same thing as if you sold the tickets for $400 on EBay and used that cash to buy the vinyl for $400.
    and my reality is that i am trading a $2 sticker for another $2 sticker... nothing sold or bought. nor am i trading a 2014 sticker for a 1994 sticker. so you're trying to say the person i'm trading with might be the flipper?
  • Options
    edited October 2014

and my reality is that i am trading a $2 sticker for another $2 sticker... nothing sold or bought. nor am i trading a 2014 sticker for a 1994 sticker. so you're trying to say the person i'm trading with might be the flipper?
    All I am saying is that if you bought a sticker for $2 solely to trade a few days later, and traded it for another sticker that if you were to pay cash for on EBay or in Lost Dogs would cost $10, you essentially have an $8 gain on the trade. I don't think it qualifies as flipping, but it certainly fits one of the things that people hate about flipping: paying less for a limited item that you have no intention of keeping and preventing someone who does want it from buying just so you can use it as trade bait. Clearly you wouldn't buy it for $2 if you thought $2 was enough to buy the sticker you really wanted.

I understand your point and certainly there are two ways to look at it. You are looking at cost and I am looking at current value.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options

All I am saying is that if you bought a sticker for $2 solely to trade a few days later, and traded it for another sticker that if you were to pay cash for on EBay or in Lost Dogs would cost $10, you essentially have an $8 gain on the trade. I don't think it qualifies as flipping, but it certainly fits one of the things that people hate about flipping: paying less for a limited item that you have no intention of keeping and preventing someone who does want it from buying just so you can use it as trade bait. Clearly you wouldn't buy it for $2 if you thought $2 was enough to buy the sticker you really wanted.

I understand your point and certainly there are two ways to look at it. You are looking at cost and I am looking at current value.
    ok, i see what you're saying. so, how then are collectors going to complete sticker sets when they can't make it to every show? clearly, anyone who buys a sticker with the intention of putting it on eBay, is not going to ask a BIN price of the $2 they bought the sticker for. it's unfair to say that traders are the same as flippers, solely on the basis that flippers are always gonna ask more than they paid. does this take us full circle? allow everyone to buy the sticker set ahead of time? where's the collectibility in that? if shit was always available to everyone, then it's no longer collectible, no? how many of us have the vitalogy jack daniel's bottle set? or the ten mini basketball hoop? if everyone has the same access to everything, then nothing is collectible anymore. this limiting merch argument doesn't make sense. if you want it, make it happen. period.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,677
    I see nothing wrong with sticker trades so that collectors can have complete sets. But that would be possible with a max sticker limit of however many shows there are on a tour, right?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

ok, i see what you're saying. so, how then are collectors going to complete sticker sets when they can't make it to every show? clearly, anyone who buys a sticker with the intention of putting it on eBay, is not going to ask a BIN price of the $2 they bought the sticker for. it's unfair to say that traders are the same as flippers, solely on the basis that flippers are always gonna ask more than they paid. does this take us full circle? allow everyone to buy the sticker set ahead of time? where's the collectibility in that? if shit was always available to everyone, then it's no longer collectible, no? how many of us have the vitalogy jack daniel's bottle set? or the ten mini basketball hoop? if everyone has the same access to everything, then nothing is collectible anymore. this limiting merch argument doesn't make sense. if you want it, make it happen. period.
    Right now to make it happen you still have to go to that show to buy it. I think that factor extremely limits the ability for the masses to acquire the sticker. I am talking about giving everyone going to that show a better chance at getting one, not every fan across the US that wants one.

I agree that collectibility is part of the fun, but I think we can maintain that and had until this US tour this year where tons are buying 50 a piece.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,084
    Think Pearl Jam Co / TSURT have been reading this thread & taking notes? That starting tomorrow in Tulsa, OK and on wards, they will let their helpers know that it's a 10 sticker limit per customer rule? Cause things have been pretty intense.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I see nothing wrong with sticker trades so that collectors can have complete sets. But that would be possible with a max sticker limit of however many shows there are on a tour, right?

yes, it would be possible, i agree. and for the record, i am not the fan buying 30 or 50 or 100 stickers. i just think that when you put a cap on the purchases, that its going to limit who has access to what. much in the same manner that we see now, where no cap is also limiting fans and collectors. maybe in the future, 10c will incorporate a plan that allows fans to purchase VIP style tickets, where the extra $$$ secures a shirt/poster/sticker set. i like that idea better than limiting purchases.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

yes, it would be possible, i agree. and for the record, i am not the fan buying 30 or 50 or 100 stickers. i just think that when you put a cap on the purchases, that its going to limit who has access to what. much in the same manner that we see now, where no cap is also limiting fans and collectors. maybe in the future, 10c will incorporate a plan that allows fans to purchase VIP style tickets, where the extra $$$ secures a shirt/poster/sticker set. i like that idea better than limiting purchases.
    But with a per visit cap of 10 everyone can get through the line and have a reasonable shot at getting stickers. Then, the stickers left over can be grabbed up by the collectors/helpers/ebayers. I still think there are plenty of stickers to go around at these shows as evidenced by the 2013 US and Euro tours, and those who think work deserves a sticker then they can stand in three lines and get their 30. Can you imagine how a NY or Philly show would be when small towns like Cinci and St. Louis are selling out like they are?