Options

*** Cincinnati Fanviews Here 10/1/14 ***

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    TS164310 said:

Hmmm well I guess I need to read announcements on this message board more... According to this post by Sea:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/238131/ga-pit-entry-rules#latest

9. GA Pit doors will close approximately 30 minutes after doors open. You then have to join the general public line NO EXEPTIONS….

Didn't see this mentioned in the ticket confirmation email, so take note and don't miss getting in line for GA!

There was another email sent out yesterday afternoon.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Entered ga floor around 7. We were in the sweet spot for sound, say 15-20 rows back in the center and there was so much room. Seemed like the people in the very front were more concerned with being nuts to ass to be 4 inches closer rather than back up and have room to get into it. Front of the pit seemed a little lethargic compared toother shows but maybe thats just how it looked feom 15 rows back.

They went on 8:20 or so and played for over three hours. Ed did a lot of chatting, saw the limp but helooked like he was loving the energy of the crowd and seemed like he had a lot of friends in the house.

Highlights for me was off the girl and that jammed intro to love boat captain into jjf. Surprised there is not more chatter on this. I too was a little confused initially but that intro just sorta sounded familiar, i was like whats is this? Petty? Stones? Pj? None of the above? Then boom. Into love boat captain. Everyone around us was going nuts. Cant believe how much room there was in middle to back of floor for people who wanted to dance. All those yesterdays was awesome.

Anyone else notice jeffs one bass, it must have been done by the same guy that did the poster last night(and barclays las year too, not a fan personally)

This was my 8th lightning bolt show and and sirens live just keeps growing on me. I went from not looking forward to it, then mildly tolerating it, and now i really enjoy hearing it live.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Any body notice/remember if the leg ed was hobbling on was the same one that was hurting him in europe?
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options

GD274660 said:

Way to kick it off. Amazing show. The band was really on point tonight.

The band WAS on point tonite. Except for Ed. Ed seemed off to me. But Mike and Matt especially were on top of their game.

I think he was having technical issues all night, especially with microphones. They replaced his microphone at one point and then he knocked another one over. Despite him later pointing out the sound lady (Sandy?) they seemed to be having sound issues all night. It sounded slightly loud for that building and everything sounded kind of mushed together at points. And there was more feedback screeches than at any PJ show I've been to. Hopefully those issues don't carry over to the bootleg.
    The sound was way off all night. :(

My ticket buddy said that he couldn't hear any bass...no bass drum, no Jeff... no bass.. :(

I agree that the sound was off. At least where I was sitting there was a lot of distortion during the louder songs and I really missed the bass during Of the Girl. Since my husband is not familiar with most PJ songs outside of the usual suspects, I made him listen to the recorded version on the way home so he could see why I was so excited that they played that song.
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Loud crowd!
  • Options
    pjman75pjman75 Indiana Posts: 836

How were the reserved 10C tickets? For those of you that had them what were are your 10C numbers and where were you located?

268xxx, section 128 row d, (4th row, stage side mike) Best reserved seats I've ever gotten.
    THANK YOU TEN CLUB!!!

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • Options
    After waking up late on ticket day I was left with seats in 125... Thought they were going to suck but I was wrong! Had great seats and the show was awesome. I really wish they played hard to imagine but hey what can you do. Would've preferred footsteps over of the girl but again minor complaints. They were on fire! Great show
    Wrigley 2013 Cinci 2014
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Correction to my prior post. Jeff's bass kicked in about half way thru the show, at least back of pit in front of soundboard. Was weak before that. Mikes guitar seemed to overpower everyone else. Stones guitar souded much lower, even with his solos. But I'm not a musician, so... Anyway. Sound wasn't the best I've heard, but still good enough for a kick ass show. Again, crowd seemed loud, not as loud as Missoula but pretty damn loud. Thanks PJ for good times.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    pjman75pjman75 Indiana Posts: 836
    10th show, 5 first time songs live, blew Pitt away as far as "first show of the tour" goes. The LBC intro and overall intensity of the song was overwhelming. Great 10c reserved seats. Very, very emotional show the entire night personally and also for those around me. First time seeing instrument destruction :) , crowd was pretty involved all night but went crazy for that. Hope Ed sees a doctor for his leg. Noticed lots more improv and looseness than my previous 4 or 5 shows. This entire crew never ceases to amaze, they are timeless! CAN NOT WAIT FOR SAINT LOUIS!!!
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • Options
    nycrats said:

"Entered ga floor around 7. We were in the sweet spot for sound, say 15-20 rows back in the center and there was so much room. Seemed like the people in the very front were more concerned with being nuts to ass to be 4 inches closer rather than back up and have room to get into it. Front of the pit seemed a little lethargic compared toother shows but maybe thats just how it looked feom 15 rows back."

Glad to hear that there was dancing room 15 rows back in GA. It still makes me laugh that people actually line up all day to get a few feet closer to the band, while being uncomfortable and squished all night. Makes zero sense. Thanks for the info.

2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    alizmi said:

GA WAS INSANE! First time and I got rail right by Eddie and Stone. I got to live out a fantasy as Eddie and I spoke a couple times between songs.

imageimage" />

What time did you get on the GA line?
  • Options
    pjman75 said:

How were the reserved 10C tickets? For those of you that had them what were are your 10C numbers and where were you located?

268xxx, section 128 row d, (4th row, stage side mike) Best reserved seats I've ever gotten.
    THANK YOU TEN CLUB!!!

I will take those side seats any day of the week, over floor seats.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    My first GA show after all these years. It's an entirely different experience in the pit. Got in line around 2PM (drove in from Bloomington, IN). I was solo since my wife needed to stay behind for childcare. Folks were awesome about holding my spot while I went to get the ticket. Met some really great folks and had some good conversation in line.

The show was fantastic. I ended up being about 5-7 people back from the stage. It changed over time- started at 5 and ended up around 7. I know I didn't move! The band looked like it was having a REALLY good time with the crowd. There seemed to be a lot of general joking around with your friends. Dunno if others saw it, but during Mike's Star Spangled solo, Ed and Stone were off to the rear of the stage behind the drum kit watching. Ed was just staring around at the crowd like he'd never been at an arena show. Just soaking it in, ya know. He was behind Stone and put his hand on his shoulder and Stone patted him back. It looked like a genuine, "can you believe we have this job?!" moment. Stone did alternate between being really into the music and looking annoyed. At one point, he was leaning on the amplifiers like he was going to be sick, so perhaps he wasn't feeling well. Mike, on the other hand, couldn't be contained. He was all over the place- including into the crowd. Jeff just watched and laughed, feeding off his energy. Ed was also in very high spirits. The guitar smash toward the end summed their overall energy level up perfectly. I think this is the most dynamic I've seen the band in years. (at least at the shows I've been to)
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    pjman75 said:

THANK YOU TEN CLUB!!!

My number is 256xxx and these were the best fan club seats I've had in the 13 years I've been in the club. On the side, 3 rows up, just in front of the stage.

I think it was because the GA section was larger this time around. Or maybe a bunch of low number members won GA.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    I thought the same thing about the hits. This was the best I have heard Jeremy sound. All of the Ten songs sounded perfect. The whole show was perfect. Ed's stories were also fantastic!
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    WhoDeyWhoDey Posts: 115
    edited October 2014
    171xxx number, I was section 126 row M, right next to the stage. Perfect seats. I thought I would have been lower, but it was a great night no matter where I would have been. Great setlist and crowd was great.

As for Ed's leg, he was hobbling on the right, did not even put any weight on his right leg going down the steps from the stage.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    know1 said:

pjman75 said:

THANK YOU TEN CLUB!!!

My number is 256xxx and these were the best fan club seats I've had in the 13 years I've been in the club. On the side, 3 rows up, just in front of the stage.

I think it was because the GA section was larger this time around. Or maybe a bunch of low number members won GA.

If it helps any, I'm 279xxx and put GA as first choice, RES as second. I won GA.

I entered the building maybe around 7:30/7:45 or so. I was able to squeeze on Stone's side, waaaaaaaaay on the side, about 5-6 "rows" back... by where the security kept pushing us forward. A few songs into the show, I ended up going to the other side. I watched the rest of the show from Mike's side and ended up not too far from the stairs that he took into the crowd.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946
    How was sirens? From what I heard on youtube Mikes solo sounds really off, not like him
  • Options
    edited October 2014

How was sirens? From what I heard on youtube Mikes solo sounds really off, not like him

Whoever was running the sound mix was awful. No bass, a lot of feedback, etc.

I was hoping Pendulum would have some of the tribal drumbeat sounds...nothing. :(
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Anybody know exactly how long Ed's been playing the white Gibson SG? I feel like it's been a decade but I don't know...half sad and half amped that he smashed it!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946

Whoever was running the sound mix was awful. No bass, a lot of feedback, etc.

I was hoping Pendulum would have some of the tribal drumbeat sounds...nothing. :(
    It just sounds like it was more the notes mike was playing rather than the mix, I dont know.
    I was hoping it was proof he is human afterall :-D
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited October 2014
    Great show! LOUD! The band and the crowd both. Best encore 1 I have seen, SBM, Man of Hour, Parachutes and All Those Yesterdays...hell yeah great run. Sec 130 Row L awesome seats, was between a lady who slept through the whole show and a very mature 15 year old who had a blast and rocked out.

The Real Me = AWESOME
    Waiting on a Friend = Waste of a song
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514

meh, crowd killer.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Stunning set list!

Sound was awful a couple times - didn't bother me.

LOUD - the moment the show ended and the crowd began to split immediately I noticed my ears/hearing were all F'd up! I was concerned - seems back to normal today for the most part.

Exceptional crowd - crazy loud with high energy!

The band's performance was powerful! And as usual they're still gorgeous :x
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Anybody know exactly how long Ed's been playing the white Gibson SG? I feel like it's been a decade but I don't know...half sad and half amped that he smashed it!

Guitars have been known to be fixed...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ten
    Even Flow
    Alive
    Black
    Jeremy
    Porch

Vs
    Daughter
    Small Town

Vitalogy
    Spin The Black Circle
    Nothingman
    Corduroy
    Betterman

No Code
    Present Tense

Yield
    Given To Fly
    Do The Evolution
    All Those Yesterdays

Binaural
    Of The Girl

Riot Act
    Love Boat Captain

Pearl Jam/Self-titled/Avacado/"Nothing" (as stated by Eddie.)
    Comatose
    Parachutes

Backspacer
    Got Some
    Unthought Known

Lightning Bolt
    Pendulum
    Mind Your Manners
    Lightning Bolt
    Sirens
    Sleeping By Myself

B-sides/covers/other stuff:
    State Of Love And Trust
    Waiting on a Friend
    Setting Forth
    Man Of The Hour
    The Real Me
    Rockin' In The Free World
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    GD274660 said:

meh, crowd killer.
    Sirens was my piss break.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    How was the early merch tent crowd? Im just curious if the lines were crazy. Ill be at the STL show and want to get a poster ahead of time but dont really want to spend 2 hours in line.
    2009 Chicago
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 St. Louis
    2016 Wrigley 1
    2018 Wrigley 1
    2022 EV Chicago, St. Louis
    2023: Chicago 1,2

"How I choose to feel is how I am, and I feel fucking awesome" - Gleason
  • Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196

How was the early merch tent crowd? Im just curious if the lines were crazy. Ill be at the STL show and want to get a poster ahead of time but dont really want to spend 2 hours in line.

Merch line was ridiculous. I heard it was 2-3 hours long. I didn't end up with anything.
  • Options
    After wrigley done with merc lines takes away from partying for a fucking shirt poster and stupid button and sticker..... 9 out of ten are probably flipping them on the evil bay
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II