*** Cincinnati Fanviews Here 10/1/14 ***

Comments

• How were the reserved 10C tickets? For those of you that had them what were are your 10C numbers and where were you located?
    Milwaukee -- 07-08-1995 -- Salt Lake City - 1996 (Brad)-- Kansas City 07-03-1998-- Maryland Heights 07-02-1998-- Minneapolis 06-30-1998-- Alpine Valley 1999 - Tibet Freedom Concert (Eddie Solo)-- Kansas City 10-12-2000-- East Troy 10-08-2000-- Chicago 06-18-2003-- Council Bluffs 06-13-2003-- Bonner Springs 06-12-2003-- St. Paul 06-26-2006-- Milwaukee 06-30-2006-- Chicago 08-24-2009-- Kansas City 05-03-2010-- East Troy 09-03-2011-- East Troy 09-04-2011-- Chicago 07-19-2013-- Lincoln 10-9-2014 -- Moline 10-17-2014 -- Chicago 08-20-2016 -- Chicago 08-22-2016
  • EL 10EL 10 Posts: 40
    147, xxx. - I was in section 126 row h. Very happy with my seats!
  • BB119230BB119230 Dayton, OH Posts: 5
    My 3rd show, first time I've seen them since the 2006 Cincinnati show. This one blew that one away! The band was on fire tonight, I didn't expect them to come out so strong for the first show of the tour. The thing that I really noticed tonight was the energy and the passion these guys still have for performing together! Thanks for a great, great night guys!
    2004-10-02 Toledo 2006-06-24 Cincinnati 2014-10-01 Cincinnati
  • First Off – I’m insanely jealous of anyone who went to this show. Great setlist!

For those of you in 10C GA, is it setup like the European shows this summer? Those shows had a separate GA just for 10C members and then the Regular GA was directly behind it. This setup was unbelievable; it allowed a ton of space for 10C ticketholders while being right up at the front of the stage.

Enjoy STL, I’m pumped for Detroit!
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 691
    edited October 2014
    RiotAct10 said:

Only minor issue for me was the beginning of the show was nearly exactly the same as the most recent/ closet show, Pittsburgh last year, the first 5 in cincy were 5 of the first 6 they played in Pitt I think, but no biggie.

I thought that too! After Of the Girl began I turned to my wife and jokingly said "I hope this isn't a Pittsburgh repeat!"
    Post edited by tribejammer05 on
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Wow, that is a great set! See you in St Lou!!
    What time did they come on approx.? How long did they play?
  • JoshoeuhJoshoeuh Posts: 167
    Last night's show was excellent. I have no complaints at all about the setlist, other than wishing for more variety in the opening slot. It was great to finally hear Of the Girl and Love Boat Captain in particular.

Seeing Release scratched off the sset hurts, as I would LOVE to hear it live just once.

My GA experience was pretty positive. I got to the arena around 6:30. Got my tickets and was in the door almost immediately. I came in from out of town, so unfortunately didn't have the time to wait in line all day. At show time, we were probably 7 or 8 people from the back of GA, and that's where we hung.

Other than the 6'5 guy in the grey and green baseball tee that was more in to conversation than the show, it was an amazing time all around.

After Charlotte left me feeling a little down last year, I'd worried that the magic may have been lost or I was jaded. Glad to see them come out on fire and prove me wrong.
    Columbus 2010 - Atlanta 2012 - Charlotte 2013
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Where's this setlist with Release scratched?
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Im sorry... Never mind.... I found it in the other thread.
  • I'll chime in on GA, since people have asked. We got our tickets/wristbands at the 10C window around 4 and located the GA line. It wasn't too long, but we had no desire to wait. First people in line were there since 10pm the previous night.

Fast forward to about 6:45. We head over to the GA line and there is no one in sight. Barricades are gone. Doors locked. There were many other confused fans looking around too. Finally found an employee to ask and they said everyone had to go in the main gates.

There were a few side entrances taking tickets with shorter lines, but when the attendant went to scan our ticket he told us we needed to go to the main entrance. The wait in line to get in the main entrance took close to an hour! Fortunately the band didn't go on till later so we didn't miss a note.

I'm not bitching, just sharin our experience. Had I known the situation we would have gone in earlier. I know the email mentioned GA entrance is subject to change, but I didn't really expect it to happen. The line was still extremely long after we got in so it's possible some missed a bit of the beginning.

Great show! Still got a decent spot. McCready ran right past us during Alive. We had a blast!
  • xhausted1xhausted1 Posts: 126
    Sounds like a bit of confusion with the line. I saw some pics & it looked very unorganized. Was there any reason why the line changed?

Thanks to the poster who shared his pics from the show. Nice seats! Great set list, too!
  • curlycurly Posts: 703
    love to hear that it was really loud as I miss the shows back in the day that were extremely loud... granite, i'll give up good quality sound over loudness anyday,...not that dumb....but damn,...shows were so much louder when I was growing up...personally, I blame it on these huge venue's with the high upper bowl areas... here in Omaha, our original venue was 12,000 and loud as shit...now we got this massive arena that's 3x the size and only holds like 17,000 and its just too big to make it loud enough... ps...sorry to post this on this thread,..if that's matters or not......... See ya in Lincoln, Moline and st Paul.....PSS..maybe i'll get lucky and lil Moline place will be loud..."If its too loud, your too old"..per AC/DC circa 1980...
  • xhausted1 said:

Sounds like a bit of confusion with the line. I saw some pics & it looked very unorganized. Was there any reason why the line changed?

Thanks to the poster who shared his pics from the show. Nice seats! Great set list, too!

It did seem a but unorganized, but perhaps venue specific. If they kept the GA line open everyone would have gotten in quicker.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

How were the reserved 10C tickets? For those of you that had them what were are your 10C numbers and where were you located?

My number is 456XXX and my seats were great. Sec 128 row O. Mikes side 1 sec from front of stage.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • GA was extremely tight. I expected vedder to have everyone take a step back. He kept urging the pit to jump but there was no room to move much less jump
  • Hmmm well I guess I need to read announcements on this message board more... According to this post by Sea:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/238131/ga-pit-entry-rules#latest

9. GA Pit doors will close approximately 30 minutes after doors open. You then have to join the general public line NO EXEPTIONS….

Didn't see this mentioned in the ticket confirmation email, so take note and don't miss getting in line for GA!

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    TS164310 said:

xhausted1 said:

It did seem a but unorganized, but perhaps venue specific. If they kept the GA line open everyone would have gotten in quicker.
    We Got To The Venue About 745. Lines To Get In Were Extremely Long. They Were Playing A Message Over The Outside PA Saying That PJ Will Not Take The Stage Until Everyone Is In The Venue. Finally They Opened Up Another Entrance And We Got Right In.

Swear It Was A PJ Security Guard That Told Us About The Other Entrance. He Was Really Cool. Said They WanteD To Make Sure Everyone Was In So They Could Start.

Def A Venue Issue. Got The Idea That They Don't Normally Handle That Volume Of People. Great Venue Though And It Was F'ing Loud Too!!!

Great Show. Thank You PJ!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited October 2014
    Crowd was really into the show and was pretty loud most of the time. Ed loved it and seemed happy that we sang along without much provoking on his part. All the band seemed to have a great time. Stone was having some good fun and seemed more energetic than I've seen at other shows. Great set list. Ed's voice was little bit off on only few song parts, but to be expected with their break til now.
    My wife and I were in GA but stayed at the back center so she could see over everyone and we had soooooo much room. Jeff's bass was pounding. Freaking loud.

All good things... All good things...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • catschellercatscheller Posts: 228
    edited October 2014
    KC138045 said:

How were the reserved 10C tickets? For those of you that had them what were are your 10C numbers and where were you located?

My number is 456XXX and my seats were great. Sec 128 row O. Mikes side 1 sec from front of stage.
    I'm 99% sure that my husband and I were sitting next to you and I agree that the seats were great! I also have a 456xxx number. Your son looked like he was having a great time, at least for the first the first couple of hours. :)
    Post edited by catscheller on
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    edited October 2014
    GA WAS INSANE! First time and I got rail right by Eddie and Stone. I got to live out a fantasy as Eddie and I spoke a couple times between songs.

imageimage" />
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Awesome show
    TS164310 said:

I'll chime in on GA, since people have asked. We got our tickets/wristbands at the 10C window around 4 and located the GA line. It wasn't too long, but we had no desire to wait. First people in line were there since 10pm the previous night.

Fast forward to about 6:45. We head over to the GA line and there is no one in sight. Barricades are gone. Doors locked. There were many other confused fans looking around too. Finally found an employee to ask and they said everyone had to go in the main gates.

There were a few side entrances taking tickets with shorter lines, but when the attendant went to scan our ticket he told us we needed to go to the main entrance. The wait in line to get in the main entrance took close to an hour! Fortunately the band didn't go on till later so we didn't miss a note.

I'm not bitching, just sharin our experience. Had I known the situation we would have gone in earlier. I know the email mentioned GA entrance is subject to change, but I didn't really expect it to happen. The line was still extremely long after we got in so it's possible some missed a bit of the beginning.

Great show! Still got a decent spot. McCready ran right past us during Alive. We had a blast!

Same thing happened to us. We got our tix about 6 and they told us to go down the stairs by the Toyota sign to get in the GA door. We got some merch so we were in line there for 30 minutes or so and then headed down the stairs. We were met on the way down by people who said that the GA entrance was closed so we waited in another line for about an hour.

Not PJ/10c issue...definitely a venue issue but holy shit the ticket window was still telling people to go down the stairs at 730
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    TS164310 said:

Hmmm well I guess I need to read announcements on this message board more... According to this post by Sea:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/238131/ga-pit-entry-rules#latest

9. GA Pit doors will close approximately 30 minutes after doors open. You then have to join the general public line NO EXEPTIONS….

Didn't see this mentioned in the ticket confirmation email, so take note and don't miss getting in line for GA!

Well SHIT! I didn't see that either
    :))

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    One more of Stone...

imageimage" />
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Interesting to see that they started off with pendulum again- I was curious if they'd switch it up this tour or not
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    Great show. We got in to GA around 745 or so and went to Stone's side about 10 rows back.

With All Those Yesterdays I have seen all of Yield live. Awesome

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

KC138045 said:

I'm 99% sure that my husband and I were sitting next to you and I agree that the seats were great! I also have a 456xxx number. Your son looked like he was having a great time, at least for the first the first couple of hours. :)
    Yep that was us. Yeah he got pretty tired but he fought through. Looked like your husband was having a blast. lol :))
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Yes Eddie had a bum right ankle or leg. I noticed before the show when he climbed up 2 the stage and looked like a old man. Lol

But the show must go on and he did not disapoint. Great show. Great job Pearl Jam and crew.
  • silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Im at work SUPER tired after driving home last night! Great show! The band was on fire!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • CooterCooter Posts: 153
    EL 10 said:

147, xxx. - I was in section 126 row h. Very happy with my seats!

Awesome. My # is 141,XXX and was scared they would plop us on the floor behind the pit. Psyched for STL tomorrow!
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748

GD274660 said:

Way to kick it off. Amazing show. The band was really on point tonight.

The band WAS on point tonite. Except for Ed. Ed seemed off to me. But Mike and Matt especially were on top of their game.

I think he was having technical issues all night, especially with microphones. They replaced his microphone at one point and then he knocked another one over. Despite him later pointing out the sound lady (Sandy?) they seemed to be having sound issues all night. It sounded slightly loud for that building and everything sounded kind of mushed together at points. And there was more feedback screeches than at any PJ show I've been to. Hopefully those issues don't carry over to the bootleg.
    The sound was way off all night. :(

My ticket buddy said that he couldn't hear any bass...no bass drum, no Jeff... no bass.. :(

Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"