Options

*** Cincinnati Fanviews Here 10/1/14 ***

Comments

• Options
    clew84clew84 Posts: 6
    edited October 2014
    alizmi said:

MW225369 said:

I was wondering if the bootleg would be available as well.

I actually thought the crowd was a little strange. Maybe I've been to too many So Cal shows though. Or maybe it was the fact that my entire row was super trashed and left during the first encore. WTH?! Section 101, first row.

LEFT?! Who the hell leaves in the middle of a show?!?!
    Was a really tall girl in that row? Referring to section 101, first row.
    Post edited by clew84 on
  • Options
    There were a couple of tall girls that kept coming in and out. One of them had a large purse and knocked over everyone's beer that was sitting on the ledge. Fail!
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Kardashians in Cincy???
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    MW225369 said:

There were a couple of tall girls that kept coming in and out. One of them had a large purse and knocked over everyone's beer that was sitting on the ledge. Fail!

SOOOOO annoying! Not PJ fans. They should have been kicked out.
    We named our dog Mookie!
  • Options
    rearviewschlemrearviewschlem Virginia Beach, VA Posts: 46
    alizmi said:

MW225369 said:

I actually thought the crowd was a little strange. Maybe I've been to too many So Cal shows though. Or maybe it was the fact that my entire row was super trashed and left during the first encore. WTH?! Section 101, first row.

• Options
    alizmi said:

MW225369 said:

• Options
    I saw people streaming for beer and pizza in reserved seating during LBC. I was shocked, and a little pissed. How does that look to the band? In Charlottesville, when sleight of hand came out, all 18k jaws dropped. No one left. OBTW, Lincoln last night was friggin incredible.
  • Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196

I saw people streaming for beer and pizza in reserved seating during LBC. I was shocked, and a little pissed. How does that look to the band? In Charlottesville, when sleight of hand came out, all 18k jaws dropped. No one left. OBTW, Lincoln last night was friggin incredible.

Dont remind me! Sleight Of Hand is one I've been waiting for, forever! I was supposed to be at that VA show but ended up not being able to make it. Still have that song on my Wishlist!! And Id NEVER leave...EVER!
  • Options
    You'll get it. I'm still waiting for Inside Job. Really thought it was coming in Vienna.
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    I noticed a ton of people left around the first encore. They missed out on some really great songs.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited October 2014
    I think it's nuts, but a lot of people can't handle shows that long. I know people who left at least half an hour before a PJ show was over. Their excuse was that they'd been drinking before the show started (where I live booze sales stop once the main act goes on unless it's a bar or club - it's so stupid), so they started feeling hungover and had to go to the bar. I was so disappointed in them.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    Got to say this show was amazing, from the moment the first chords of Pendulum to last notes of the Star-Spangled Banner. The crowd was insanely loud from start to finish. My personal highlites was getting to hear Of The Girl, LBC (liked how they changed the intro), Daughter, Man Of The Hour and of course Black! Also the first time we got to see Mr. McCready do the Star-Spangled Banner live. Eddie seamed very upbeat and loved all his little stories, especially the "Bogart" joint story. Our section was rocking the entire night, section 110, 6 rows up from the boards....thanks 10C! Only issue we had was the 1 drunk in front of us that eventually go tossed midway through the first encore. He was given 2 warnings and then they tossed him, other than that no issues. Was a great night and can't wait for the boot!!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited October 2014
    Nice setlist...sounds like a good show :)
  • Options
    I think this set is about perfect. Not the 'dream set' that everyone here has an opinion on, but for a band written set list that combines old with new, lesser played with always played and some surprises thrown in....perfect.
  • Options
    This setlist had everything! I was blown away the entire time. Man Of The Hour,and Parachutes. Enough said.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    yeah, this show is standing the test of time. a lot of people were dismissive of the setlist but all of us who were there know how great the show was. btw, wasn't this the longest show yet on this leg?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Show #24 for me. Drove 8 hours from DC to meet a couple buddies. So much fun in GA on the floor. Singing and screaming along the entire night. This was one of the loudest crowds I can remember seeing. I was trying to do it all over again and hit the Detroit show, but its not gonna work out. Maybe next time. A few photos from the floor.

I might be able to get to an E-bow.
  • Options
    brookelilybrookelily Bethel Park, PA Posts: 234
    This show was my 12th spanning 22 years, its in my top 3. Band was completely energized, including Stone who seemed really into it. I loved everything about this show, great band performance, great spirits, great crowd, 3 hour and 10 minutes, 1st encore was tremendous. Only negative was the idiot in section 110 that was falling over drunk, that I should have knocked out.
    8/16/92
    9/24/96, 9/28/96
    8/25/98, 9/18/98
    9/5/00
    4/26/03
    6/23/06
    10/28/09
    10/11/13, 10/12/13
    10/1/14
    9/2/18, 9/4/18
    9/18/21
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189

This show was my 12th spanning 22 years, its in my top 3. Band was completely energized, including Stone who seemed really into it. I loved everything about this show, great band performance, great spirits, great crowd, 3 hour and 10 minutes, 1st encore was tremendous. Only negative was the idiot in section 110 that was falling over drunk, that I should have knocked out.

agree on all the above... especially the encore!!!
    and knocking that bastard out

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196

Ha! Don't let one fucking drunk ass ruin what was a fantastic night. I had rail between Eddie and Stone and during State Of Love & Trust some dickhead came through the GA and literally dove in my back. The security guard whom is become buddies with after standing there for 3 hours had my back.

Point is, that guy was an ass but not for one second did I let him get in the way of one of the greatest concert experiences I've ever had! I love the boys with my soul and I can't for the life of me understand people who go to the show and don't get lost in the experience.
  • Options
    SarahMcNadiaSarahMcNadia Ontario / Québec Posts: 195

Only my 2nd of 3 shows but definitely my favourite for all the reasons you've listed. The whole band was supercharged and the roar of the crowd did not drop a single decibel during the encore breaks. There was such a good vibe going all day and it carried into the arena for sure. Loved that show.
    An empty cup in the middle of the sea..
    Buffalo 12-Oct-2013 * Cincinnati 01-Oct-2014 * St. Louis 03-Oct-2014
  • Options
    PJFaninIndyPJFaninIndy Westfield, IN Posts: 93
    Kind of late to the party, but here is a pic I snapped when Ed was singing Porch. Can't wait for Milwaukee Monday night!
    6/22/03 – Noblesville, IN
    10/3/04 – Grand Rapids, MI
    9/11/05 – Kitchener, ON Canada
    9/12/05 – London, ON Canada
    5/22/06 – Auburn Hills, MI
    6/24/06 – Cincinnati, OH
    8/23/09 – Chicago, IL
    5/7/10 – Noblesville, IN
    7/19/13 – Wrigley Field
    10/1/14 – Cincinnati, OH
    10/20/14 – Milwaukee, WI
    4/26/16 – Lexington, KY
    8/20/16 – Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 – Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 - Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 - Wrigley Field
    9/6/22 - Hamilton, ON Canada
    9/17/22 - Bourbon & Beyond, Louisville, KY
    9/18/22 - St. Louis. MO
    9/5/23 - Chicago, IL
    9/7/23 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    cmarch007cmarch007 Fishers, IN Posts: 293
    edited October 2014

Kind of late to the party, but here is a pic I snapped when Ed was singing Porch. Can't wait for Milwaukee Monday night!

We had a blast in Cincinnati. Here's a video of Eddie during porch from my cellphone. I was in that mess of people from your photo. youtu.be/PE9-M0VsyOI

The people were great that we met outside and in the pit during out wait for the show to start, and I have to give props to the security working the rail. They were handing out cups of water to those of us in the front, which was really needed after a long day of waiting and standing.

I really enjoyed Cincinnati.
    Post edited by cmarch007 on
    Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Noblesville - May 07, 2010
    Alpine Valley (PJ20) - Wisconsin- Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley (PJ20) - Wisconsin - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL. July 19, 2013
    Pittsburgh - Oct 11, 2013
    Buffalo - Oct 12, 2013 GA-rail in McCready'ville
    Cincinnati - Oct 1st, 2014 GA 
    St. Louis - Oct 3rd, 2014
    Yield, WI (aka Milwaukee) - Oct 20, 2014 GA 7 people deep McCreadyville
    Lexington, KY (GA - 2nd row between Ed & Jeff!!!)
    Wrigley Field '16 N1 (GA)
    Wrigley Field '16 N2 
    Wrigley Field '18 (N1)
    Wrigley Field '18 N2 (GA)
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Anybody got decent video of porch from that night? Preferably mikees side? Looking for a good video to show my visiting mom her son getting some Jesus juice from vedder. Mom can't believe I STILL follow this band after ALL these years lol
  • Options
    Did anyone listen to the show on sirius today? Instead of Do The Evolution, unthought known was played twice in a row. Skipped DTE. Hadn't had a chance to comment but really fun show. Took my oldest daugther to Pitt last year and my other one to this show and had a great time. Met some really nice people in GA who many commented on how cool it was for her to be there. Appreciate PJ continuing to put out music and travel across the globe. Can't wait to see them again!!
  • Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810

Did anyone listen to the show on sirius today? Instead of Do The Evolution, unthought known was played twice in a row. Skipped DTE. Hadn't had a chance to comment but really fun show. Took my oldest daugther to Pitt last year and my other one to this show and had a great time. Met some really nice people in GA who many commented on how cool it was for her to be there. Appreciate PJ continuing to put out music and travel across the globe. Can't wait to see them again!!

Yeah, I heard that too...very strange. :-??
  • Options
    Anyone knows when the poster will be released for this show in the shop?
  • Options
    brookelilybrookelily Bethel Park, PA Posts: 234

Yep, I heard that. Present Tense and Daughter were out of order too. Ed told the story about playing Bogarts, and they played PT instead of SOLAT. Hope it's fixed for boot.
    8/16/92
    9/24/96, 9/28/96
    8/25/98, 9/18/98
    9/5/00
    4/26/03
    6/23/06
    10/28/09
    10/11/13, 10/12/13
    10/1/14
    9/2/18, 9/4/18
    9/18/21
  • Options
    Sorry I've been away for a while. Yes. PM me with your email address, and I can send you a link to listen to the show. It's the best I can do with my limited technical skills. :))
    Cols, OH 03-31-1992
    Cuyahoga Falls, OH 08-26-1998
    Cols, OH 08-21-2000
    Cols, OH 06-24-2003
    Cin, OH 06-24-2006
    Cols, OH 05-06-2010
    Pitt, PA 10-11-2013
    Cin, OH 10-01-2014
    Lexington, KY 04-26-2016

"It's already been sung, but it can't be said enough, 'All you need is love.'" LBC
  • Options
    New to the forums and Ten club after the Cincy show! It was such an incredible night. I want to thank whomever the random guy was who came up to my friend and I at the very last row of section 226 (left of and slightly behind stage) and gave us his extra fan club seats. We wound up fourth row from the floor on Mike's side of the stage. It made what would have been an amazing night just with the setlist they played that much more amazing. It's a big part of why I've joined TC and love this band. Best fans ever. Thank you so much if you are reading this!!