Options

*** Cincinnati Fanviews Here 10/1/14 ***

Comments

• Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    Such an amazing show. It was my first time in GA and I managed to get rail, and wine and a tambourine during the show. I still can't believe it actually happened.

I met Eddie after and I don't think I've ever been so excited in my life :D

Met so many cool people in line and inside the show (one of which gave me a sticker since they were sold out by the time I got to merch and another who gave me one of Mike's picks!). Feel free to PM if you were one of them! I was the girl on Stone's sign who had the sign :)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Got in the merch line around 12:45, got out around 2 which I didn't think was a bad wait at all. My friend and I were both on food/beverage budgets (in order to buy more merch lol) so we each got a 6 pack & drank at the hotel before heading down to the arena. Hotel had a balcony too, so we got to burn a J before leaving! Got to the arena around 7. Must've just missed the surge at the doors cuz we walked right in.
    Thought the show was pretty darn good! The band was on point all night. Stone was more lively than usual and it was awesome to see that. I've been craving some Yield and finally got All Those Yesterdays! Sleeping By Myself was also a first for me, as well as the Stones & Who covers. Highly enjoyed the intro/outro jam on LBC. Props to everyone in 206 (and what looked like the entire 200 level) for standing the whole show! And HUGE props to the guy behind me who yacked about 10 songs in but managed to catch it all in his empty beer cup! You're a pro, thanks for not puking on us!
  • Options
    NG24788NG24788 Posts: 23
    Great Show as usual So glad I went. My brother was CRUTCHES GUY Eddie waved to him and thanked him for comong My brother hurt his knee that morning. Didn't go to urgent care until Friday.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    my legs still hurt from standing for the whole 3+ hrs! (as did everyone else in upper deck)

Petty impressive actually
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    SarahMcNadiaSarahMcNadia Ontario / Québec Posts: 195
    PJ212 said:

Loved the positive vibes flowing throughout the show last night. Early on I could definitely tell this was going to be a more upbeat show and figured something like Satan's Bed would not be on the set list, which obviously it wasn't.

I was sitting behind the stage and wanted to point out a pretty cool moment. During Corduroy where the lyric changes to "Can't buy what I want because it's PEACE," nearly everyone in GA raised their hands up with the peace sign. The moment passed as fast as a lightning bolt, but it was a beautiful sea of spontaneous unification of a simple gesture that was packed with a ton of power. I'm mentioning it here because when everyone finally gets to listen to the bootleg, during Corduroy I think you'll hear Ed make an audible reaction to that moment. I certainly heard it last night. Sure, this has probably occurred at every other show, but it was an awesome moment last night and would've been a killer photograph. Yay Cincinnati.

I noticed this too.. Really great moment
    An empty cup in the middle of the sea..
    Buffalo 12-Oct-2013 * Cincinnati 01-Oct-2014 * St. Louis 03-Oct-2014
  • Options
    kladkinskladkins Huntington, WV Posts: 6
    Agg said:

Such an amazing show. It was my first time in GA and I managed to get rail, and wine and a tambourine during the show. I still can't believe it actually happened.

Met so many cool people in line and inside the show (one of which gave me a sticker since they were sold out by the time I got to merch and another who gave me one of Mike's picks!). Feel free to PM if you were one of them! I was the girl on Stone's sign who had the sign :)

WHERE DID YOU MEET ED? I need to know these things :)
    Pittsburgh 10-11-2013, Charlottesville 10-29-13, Cincinnati 10-1-14
    "Understand she's a force of nature.."
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Daryl "the dude" where u at my man? Hit me up bro! Cincy was super cool with u, Andrew and Jeremy. Had a great show with u guys!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Agg said:

I was on the same side about 6 people down from you. I had a sign, too. They made me take mine down. I know that they made you take yours down, too. Held my sign towards the end. Got the rail and got the wine. Great people.

Happy belated birthday! (I do think that is what your sign said!)
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    Is this the longest show ever? No way... I'm not believing it until I see confirmation beyond this old list:

1) 3:15:36 - Mansfield, MA - 7/11/03
    2) 3:11:29 - Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum Night 4) - 10/31/09
    3) 3:10:22 - State College, PA - 5/3/03
    4) 3:04:02 - Gorge, WA - 9/1/2005
    5) 2:51:13 - Mexico City, Mexico - 7/19/2003
    6) 2:42:05 - Chicago, IL (Soldier Field) - 7/11/1995 (Sourced from Promo CD)
    7) 2:40:24 - Seattle, WA - 11/6/2000
    8) 2:39:14 - New York, NY (Randall's Island) 9/29/1996 (Sourced from DVD Bootleg)
    9) 2:35:52 - New York, NY - 7/8/2003
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

Is this the longest show ever? No way... I'm not believing it until I see confirmation beyond this old list:

8) 2:39:14 - New York, NY (Randall's Island) 9/29/1996 (Sourced from DVD Bootleg)

If I'm not mistaken, it'll clock in around 3:04 - 3:07, putting it in the 4th or 5th spot. I'm "guesstimating" that based on my recording of the show which clocks in at 3:12:38 with some dead air because I forgot to pause it while the guys were breaking. Wow! Didn't realize exactly how historic a show we were witnessing. Thanks for the cool fact, Lost!
    Cols, OH 03-31-1992
    Cuyahoga Falls, OH 08-26-1998
    Cols, OH 08-21-2000
    Cols, OH 06-24-2003
    Cin, OH 06-24-2006
    Cols, OH 05-06-2010
    Pitt, PA 10-11-2013
    Cin, OH 10-01-2014
    Lexington, KY 04-26-2016

"It's already been sung, but it can't be said enough, 'All you need is love.'" LBC
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Someone put a list out at the beginning of the year to include last years shows. Don't think your list is accurate, but IDK so you can call bullshit on me.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PP193448 said:

Someone put a list out at the beginning of the year to include last years shows. Don't think your list is accurate, but IDK so you can call bullshit on me.

There's no way it is accurate, shows are averaging around 3 hours now so all the 2:45's are off the list. Leeds was really long but I dunno....
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    PP193448 said:

I think you are right. I remember one of the shows in the western states (Phoenix maybe? Not 100% sure) being very long on the 2013 US swing of the Lightning Bolt Tour.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited October 2014
    a LOT of the LB shows have been 3 hours and a few minutes. it appears to be the new standard, which I am fine with.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    edited October 2014
    This was my 40th show .
    So happy to hear Of The Girl , Present Tense, All Those Yesterdays, and even after 5 shows in 2013 without it, the return of Jeremy.

Had fun in Cinci.

I stayed at the 21C Museum and Hotel,
    Boom was there and held the door for me as we were were passing by each other in the corridor.
    Place was really nice.
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    deadendp said:

Agg said:

I was on the same side about 6 people down from you. I had a sign, too. They made me take mine down. I know that they made you take yours down, too. Held my sign towards the end. Got the rail and got the wine. Great people.

Happy belated birthday! (I do think that is what your sign said!)
    Yep that was me! Thank you! I don't think anything will ever top this birthday :D
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,763
    great times...had fun seeing my some of my PJ family outside the venue. awesome weather and cool city.
    Highlights of show:
    LBC
    Of the Girl
    Waiting on a Friend
    Jeff was really into it. Always great to see JA pluck the last notes on Jeremy and spinning with Mike to the black circle.

Mike is wild and an inspiration to anyone that might be cursed with an ailment like CHRONES or any other daily physical challenge that plagues day to day life.

Love to see Stone ripping up solos and laughing.

Happy that EV gave props to the whole band and did not forget JA.

Enjoyed Eddie's story telling . Wayne's World brought me back...

Hope everyone stays well and gets to rock out at another PJ show!

THANKS PEARL JAM
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    DPAtty said:

PJ212, I made eye contact with Ed right at the moment I threw up the double hand peace sign, and I have no idea what else was happening around me for a few seconds. Such a powerful moment. Stoked that everyone around me was on the same wavelength. Hopefully someone who was sitting behind the stage has video. Also, kladkins used the phrase "my church" to describe her experience during Black, to which I can only add "Yes. Yes it was. And is." In fact, for some lucky couple, that was almost literally true. After the GA doors opened, but I'm guessing before the main doors opened, there was a couple that got married up in one of the suites. Looked like a full bridal party, the whole deal. And I swear one of the groomsman was wearing a kilt. If the newly married couple is reading this, congratulations. We (the folks in the pit) all cheered for you. And please tell us--what's the backstory that ended with you getting hitched at a Pearl Jam show???

great post... and love the "church" comments as well... they most def my Religeon...
    Sadly for me...
    When I was at the rail last year in OK city...ed looked in my eyes and started talking...I was frozen for a sec...literally mezzmerized... only to quickly realize he was talking to the person behind me...it was the ultimate buzz kill...LOL... but I will never forget the half dozen other times we made eye contact.....i'll cherish them moments for ever...even if he wasn't truly looking at me... I felt it....
    Peace....and we'll see ya'll in Lincoln, Moline and St Paul.... my 1st 3 show in one tour run ever....which makes 15,16,17 for me...btw...
  • Options
    PhilfreePhilfree Heartland Posts: 7

Listening to my boot of tonights show in Cincy. Man, what a great show! Good morning from Columbus!

I was at this show. All around great performance! Could you send me the bootleg? I would love to hear it all over again. Thanks.
  • Options
    PhilfreePhilfree Heartland Posts: 7
    This was my nephews first big rock'n'roll arena show. I'm glad I chose to take him. What a killer first show. Thanks Pearl Jam, you all really set the bar high for him.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515

If I'm not mistaken, it'll clock in around 3:04 - 3:07, putting it in the 4th or 5th spot. I'm "guesstimating" that based on my recording of the show which clocks in at 3:12:38 with some dead air because I forgot to pause it while the guys were breaking. Wow! Didn't realize exactly how historic a show we were witnessing. Thanks for the cool fact, Lost!
    Sorry, but this list is completely wrong. There were a bunch of shows just during the LB tours that were over 3 hours. I know I was at one of them in Vancouver last year. I keep seeing this lost but it really has to be scrapped. Anything under 3 hrs isn't even close to being in the running.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:

Sorry, but this list is completely wrong. There were a bunch of shows just during the LB tours that were over 3 hours. I know I was at one of them in Vancouver last year. I keep seeing this lost but it really has to be scrapped. Anything under 3 hrs isn't even close to being in the running.
    There is a new list put together by demetrios in another thread, something about 3 disks. There are 8 shows over 3 hours from the LB fall and summer tours...so yeah anything less than 3 hrs 5 minutes probably won't make the top 10... This is going by boot length.. Cincy might crack the top 10 but even if it does, it won't hold if for in this awesome era of marathon shows.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Philfree said:

Listening to my boot of tonights show in Cincy. Man, what a great show! Good morning from Columbus!

I was at this show. All around great performance! Could you send me the bootleg? I would love to hear it all over again. Thanks.
    Ditto, Could you please send me a copy of the show too? I would love to hear it all over again as well. Thanks.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    When will the bootleg and poster be available? Great night,awesome setlist.
  • Options
    Philfree said:

I'd love a copy of this to share as well.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I was wondering if the bootleg would be available as well.

I actually thought the crowd was a little strange. Maybe I've been to too many So Cal shows though. Or maybe it was the fact that my entire row was super trashed and left during the first encore. WTH?! Section 101, first row.
  • Options
    MW225369 said:

I was wondering if the bootleg would be available as well.

I actually thought the crowd was a little strange. Maybe I've been to too many So Cal shows though. Or maybe it was the fact that my entire row was super trashed and left during the first encore. WTH?! Section 101, first row.

LEFT?! Who the hell leaves in the middle of a show?!?!
  • Options
    No idea. It was crazy! We just scooted on down closer to the stage though.
  • Options
    Probably people who got free tickets & are not even PJ fans. We were in 101 too but row N. There were a few jackasses next to us, but more so in GA in Cincinnati. Still amazing shows!
    We named our dog Mookie!
  • Options
    tfreaney said:

Probably people who got free tickets & are not even PJ fans. We were in 101 too but row N. There were a few jackasses next to us, but more so in GA in Cincinnati. Still amazing shows!

The GA area that I was in was so fantastic! Met some really good people who were all very into the whole show. I just don't understand why anyone would want to leave during such an amazing show??