Options

*** E. Rutherford I Fanviews 6/1 Here ***

Comments

• Options
    ny Pj1 wrote:
    yeaaaaaa Girlfriend !!!! Finally Now I Can Die In Peace!!!

I Second That !!!!!!!!!!
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    man what a great show. i was behind the stage. let me just say this, all of the matt haters need to watch a show with the bands back to them, and see what this guy does.
  • Options
    GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    to me it looked like he hurt his hip, he was definitely still feeling it as the show ended, though he did some crazy steps during Baba O'Reily. My first thought when he fell was oh shit they will have to cancel Saturday...
  • Options
    hitman23hitman23 Posts: 17
    PJaholic wrote:
    I don't know what front row you were looking at. I was sitting front row tight between Stone & Ed and me and the 2 guys next to me were going nuts the whole show.

I was in the second level 7th row on the side and the floor was rocking hard. I don't know what they were looking at either.

As far as the show, what a great night. I took my 11 year old son to his first Pearl Jam show and the band delivered big time. We had such a great time. The band and the crowd were very energetic. The setlist was awesome. My son got spooked a little during Corduroy when the second level was bouncing, but then he got used to it and really enjoyed the show.

To quote my son "I can't wait for Saturday night!"
  • Options
    Thank You PJ for another amazing and unforgetable night. Last night was my 14th show since Randalls Island 2 in 1996. Like Ed's wine with age they only get better.
    EV Solo NY 8/4,5/08
    MSG 6/24,25/08
    Gorge 7/22,23/06
    NJ 6/1/06
    Hartford 5/13/06
    Borgata 10/1/05
    MSG 7/8,9/03
    Uniondale,NY 4/30/03
    Boston 8/30/00
    Jones Beach,NY 8/23,24,25/00
    W.Palm Beach 8/9/00
    MSG 9/10,11/98
    Randalls Island,NY 9/29/96
  • Options
    I was at the rear of the stage to the left and saw Ed limp off after "Alive" and limp back on before "Last Exit", but by the end of the show he seemed fine. What was with him rambling about the person he went hiking with who was actually a kid and how the kid graduated from something but he wasn't sure what?? Take it easy with the wine, Ed.

Great show. I still can't believe they played "Leash". Can't wait 'til Saturday.
    * Barclays Center NY 10/19/14 * Centre Bell QC 9/7/11 * Madison Square Garden NY 9/11/98 7/8/03 7/9/03 6/24/08 6/25/08 5/20/10 * Wachovia Spectrum PA 10/28/09 * Continental Arena NJ 6/1/06 6/3/06 * Nassau Coliseum NY 4/30/03 * Jones Beach NY 8/23/00 8/24/00 *

• Options
    This was the second show I attended this tour, and third will be saturday. So far I preferred the Albany show a little more,but all pj shows are great.
  • Options
    Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176
    man what a great show. i was behind the stage. let me just say this, all of the matt haters need to watch a show with the bands back to them, and see what this guy does.

How can anyone hate Matt? He's a fookin' BABE HOTTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yum.

Laura in NJ
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    He'll go with the tag tamborine boy, but he'll post under my tag.

So, tamborine boy says (as I type)

This was my first concert. And it would probably be the best because I got Mike McCready's pic, and Eddie Vedder's tamborine, and the limited edition poster.

P.S. from Ms. Haiku. I woke up this morning, and tamborine boy was hanging out on the couch with the tamborine while watching TV :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    it was a fun show, a lot of energy in my section. was 121 row 7 stones side, PERFECT view of the stage and ed's whole "falling" incident. during the encore break we sd it would be funny if boom had to carry him back on stage LOL!

the setlist was good, it was nice to hear footsteps, immortality, indifference...i was probably one of the only people screaming NO to bushleaguer in my section, but oh well. i guess id prefer the leash substitute though its getting old now.

i thought ed had a lotof energy considering storytellers was the night before. i wonder whats in store for us on saturday? im hoping something spectacular since its the last show of the leg. then again, they didnt even know where they were last night! haha
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    What an effin way to kick off the weekend.. Awesome show last night from the tailgaiting through the show. There were soo many memorable moments and overall a killer setlist.. Leatherman! Leash! Footsteps! Alive was definitly a highpoint. Energy was through the roof. Did anyone see Ed fall again during Baba? He sang half of a verse lying on his back! It is a good thing he has a day in between to recover. Can't wait to get back there saturday!
    9/26/96 Randall's Island, 8/29/98 Camden NJ, 8/25/00 Jones Beach, 9/2/00 Camden NJ, 4/28/03 Spectrum, 7/8/03 MSG, 10/1/05 Atlantic City, 6/1/06 Meadowlands, 6/3/06 Meadowlands, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/18/10 Newark, 10/21/10 MSG

'Pussies No More!' - ev 6/1/06
  • Options
    eXploiteXploit Posts: 17
    Great show, my 6th this tour, and probably the 2nd best. Gonna be hard to beat Boston 2, since I was front row in front of Mike all night (Thanks to Ms. Haiku). Was section 121 row 6 here which were definatly good seats.

Last night was great too, awesome set list a buch of songs that I wanted to hear that I hadn't heard yet this tour. Immortality, Footsteps, Alone ect. It was also a nice change of pace to see them end with Baba and Indiff rather then RITFW and Yellow Ledbetter.
  • Options
    vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    JenInTheBx wrote:
    Awesome show, the setlist was great. We were the first section on Mike's side, 6 rows up... pretty much eye level with Mike. We were holding up our YIELD sign during Baba. My only issue with the show- there was no way in hell our section (or at least the people below us) were fanclub. They just weren't into the show, except the two girls who would jump out into the aisle when Mike looked over to get his attention. We were sitting across the aisle from one of the Olson twins though- the guys above us did a good job harassing them.

ARe you kidding me that the Olsen sister showed up again??? They're becoming real PJ groupies...haha!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • Options
    I couldn't believe they played Footsteps I was going nuts. Been waiting for that song for forever live. Immortality, Glorified G, Not For You, The trilogy, and when I was thinking they were done after Baba and heard the 1st note of Indifference almost brought a tear to a grown mans eye.

Just one compliant was it just me or did it seem like Matt's drumming was drowning out Jeff's bass the whole night.
    I was in Section 9 second to last row. I was the guy with the light brown Jimi Hendrix shirt. Just figured I mentioned that cause I got a few compliments on it last night.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • Options
    vedderwood wrote:
    ARe you kidding me that the Olsen sister showed up again??? They're becoming real PJ groupies...haha!
    at least they arent getting front row just because of who they are!!!
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    I think this show was friggin AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it, loved it, loved it!!! I've been to a ton of pj shows so far and this one ranks right up there in the top 3!!!!! The setlist was unbelievable....Footsteps, Alone, Leatherman...Indifference with the lights on instead of YL or RITFW????? Just awesome.....I can't wait until tomorrow!!!!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
  • Options
    davem12203davem12203 Posts: 15
    songs called baba o reilly

You probably wait all year to write messages like that. Loser
  • Options
    thatgirl wrote:

Hahaha..yeah that's true!!!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
  • Options
    touringfantouringfan Posts: 568
    thatgirl wrote:

I saw Danny Masterson of that 70's show grabbing a beer near the end of MMJ set. Great guy and loves his PJ.
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • Options
    joseducajoseduca Posts: 1,272
    from what i could see they did not fu*k up during alone, it was the cable of stone's guitar that stopped working and that messed it up big time until uncle eddie got lost with the lyrics

this is another curse, we lifted the alive curse but mary is watching us
    Make records, not war...
  • Options
    Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176
    thatgirl wrote:

Oh PUH-LEEZE...they SO are! Like I said earlier, they were born in 1986, for God's sake. Something tells me their mommy did NOT get them a Ten Club membership for their 5th birthdays in 1991 so they could get a lower number.

I'm not begrudging their fan-ness...but I *AM* begrudging them getting killer seats cuz of who they are. F MK and Ashley for that reason.

Danny Masterson is a different story...he was born in 1976, so it's entirely possible he joined the club on his own back in the day. And by the way...he's a local...a Long Island boy.

Laura in NJ
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • Options
    Oh PUH-LEEZE...they SO are! Like I said earlier, they were born in 1986, for God's sake. Something tells me their mommy did NOT get them a Ten Club membership for their 5th birthdays in 1991 so they could get a lower number.

I'm not begrudging their fan-ness...but I *AM* begrudging them getting killer seats cuz of who they are. F MK and Ashley for that reason.

Danny Masterson is a different story...he was born in 1976, so it's entirely possible he joined the club on his own back in the day. And by the way...he's a local...a Long Island boy.

Laura in NJ
    im not going to argue but the 10c seats my friend was sitting in which was NEARBY the olsens is not exactly the highest senority seat. just bc they are 20 years old doesnt mean they didnt join the fan club years ago. we have plenty of younger fans on the board who have lower 10c numbers. i dont know if they are in 10c nor do i care. i dont know what my point is. im done.
  • Options
    pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 593
    Da kid had an awesome time not in his 10c sets stones side half way up but still plenty of energy .Da kid screamed please play footsteps and sure as shit everyone around da kid is giving da kid hi fives saying good call.Meanwhile da kids got da biggest shit eating grim on his face,Glad they switched this around by closing with indifferenceCan't wait for Sat.Then west coast here comes Da kid.
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    colorsblendcolorsblend Posts: 173
    vedderwood wrote:

I saw both sidestage at the end. MaryKate was jumping along to Baba and Ashley was swaying to Indifference. Too funny.
  • Options
    touringfantouringfan Posts: 568

Laura in NJ

He 100% has a 10C number. Fact.
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • Options
    joejoe988joejoe988 Posts: 62
    in the words of roger from american dad, "on my god, this show, oh my god"

I kno, its corny. Great show. best ive been to.
  • Options
    pghaspghas Posts: 128
    I'm sure the fact that this was my first PJ show has a ton to do with it, considering I've bought every album over the last 15 years, own 40 bootlegs and have wanted to see the boys the entire time. But in all honesty I've seen pretty much everybody else though easily over 100 shows over the years, including the Who, Pink Floyd, the Stones, the Dead, Phish, Metallica, you name it. And last night was by far the best concert I've ever experienced. It's not even close. I pretty much know and love just about every song PJ does, so for me there was no "perfect setlist" going into this. But - and maybe this happens to everyone - when I look at all the other setlists on this tour, there is not one I would have rather seen than the one I did. I think its the best. And I thought the band was tight, and in fifth gear FROM THE GET-GO. Severed>Corduroy just set the dial so high, and it never wavered all night. It was just a total, complete, throwdown, we got our asses kicked. Everything about it was perfect. My 10C seats were awesome (28th row Stone side), it was awesome to be seated amongst people who actually were as nuts about everything going on as I was. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Thanks to PJ, the 10C, and all of you. What a great fucking party last night. Sorry I'll miss you all on Saturday, go fucking nuts, that's what it's for.
  • Options
    pghas wrote:
    I'm sure the fact that this was my first PJ show has a ton to do with it, considering I've bought every album over the last 15 years, own 40 bootlegs and have wanted to see the boys the entire time. But in all honesty I've seen pretty much everybody else though easily over 100 shows over the years, including the Who, Pink Floyd, the Stones, the Dead, Phish, Metallica, you name it. And last night was by far the best concert I've ever experienced. It's not even close. I pretty much know and love just about every song PJ does, so for me there was no "perfect setlist" going into this. But - and maybe this happens to everyone - when I look at all the other setlists on this tour, there is not one I would have rather seen than the one I did. I think its the best. And I thought the band was tight, and in fifth gear FROM THE GET-GO. Severed>Corduroy just set the dial so high, and it never wavered all night. It was just a total, complete, throwdown, we got our asses kicked. Everything about it was perfect. My 10C seats were awesome (28th row Stone side), it was awesome to be seated amongst people who actually were as nuts about everything going on as I was. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Thanks to PJ, the 10C, and all of you. What a great fucking party last night. Sorry I'll miss you all on Saturday, go fucking nuts, that's what it's for.

I couldn't agree with you more. Once they came out of the gates strong, I knew we were in for something special.. So many great moments.. Eddie's opening to Come Back made it even more emotional.. Something to the effect 'This is about when you loose someone close to you, and it is about 2 months later..

'Pussies no more!'.. that was classic.
    9/26/96 Randall's Island, 8/29/98 Camden NJ, 8/25/00 Jones Beach, 9/2/00 Camden NJ, 4/28/03 Spectrum, 7/8/03 MSG, 10/1/05 Atlantic City, 6/1/06 Meadowlands, 6/3/06 Meadowlands, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/18/10 Newark, 10/21/10 MSG

'Pussies No More!' - ev 6/1/06
  • Options
    yeah it was cool what he said about Comeback , the 2 month later part, awesome
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    matt770matt770 Posts: 134
    pghas wrote:
    I'm sure the fact that this was my first PJ show has a ton to do with it, considering I've bought every album over the last 15 years, own 40 bootlegs and have wanted to see the boys the entire time. But in all honesty I've seen pretty much everybody else though easily over 100 shows over the years, including the Who, Pink Floyd, the Stones, the Dead, Phish, Metallica, you name it. And last night was by far the best concert I've ever experienced. It's not even close. I pretty much know and love just about every song PJ does, so for me there was no "perfect setlist" going into this. But - and maybe this happens to everyone - when I look at all the other setlists on this tour, there is not one I would have rather seen than the one I did. I think its the best.

Exactly how I would put it. Except I DO have a "perfect setlist". It would definitely include Immortality, Not for You, Why Go, Alone, Footsteps, Once, Last Exit and Indifference. It just doesn't get any better than that. And even songs that I normally don't go crazy for were some of the best versions I've heard....Evenflow, Alive, Jeremy...they really were in top form. Even the pacing and the order of the songs was flawless...no dead spots, no momentum killers, even when Stone's guitar cut out during Alone and they had to restart. This was my 4th show of the tour and BY FAR the best. It's not even close. And that's saying a lot because the others were amazing too. This band never ceases to amaze me. And I have a feeling Saturday is going to be epic.......

As if this perfect show wasn't enough, I met a fellow 10C member here who had an extra ticket. 11th row, dead center. So I saw the best show from the best seats I've had in years. Thanks Charlie, you're one hell of a cool human being and I enjoyed hanging out with you.