Options

*** E. Rutherford I Fanviews 6/1 Here ***

Comments

• Options
    leadbedr10leadbedr10 Posts: 409
    Great show tonight. I was behind mike tonight.
    I thought it was going to kinda bad seats, but they ended up being great. Mike was crazy.
    I dont know who the hell was in the front row tonight, but i could see them all night. They didnt move one bit. I was WTF!!!! how do these people get front row center and fuggin stand there all night. They wernt even clapping, you could tell they had no idea what was going on.
    The crown was pretty good, not as good as camden 2.
    All in all a great show.
    cant wait till sat!!!!
  • Options
    Lsk6453Lsk6453 Ponte Vedra, FL Posts: 550
    It was a stellar show with a solid set list. The first time I heard Footsteps live and Indifference as a closer was awesome.

I was surprised how good my seats were (#2236xX) and I was in section 121, row 13. I was expecting something worse since there were a lot of 10c members there. I do not think I will have anything similar on Saturday.

I thought the Ames poster was for both nights and was surprised that it only had 6/1 on it. My guess is that Klausen is doing a poster on Saturday. The Ames poster is pretty cool. One of the better ones on the tour IMO.

See you all on Saturday!
    Shows attended: 38

7/5/98 Dallas, 10/17/00 Dallas, 4/30/03 Uniondale, 7/8/03 MSG 1, 7/9/03 MSG 2, 9/28/04 Boston 1, 9/29/04 Boston 2, 10/03/05 Philly, 4/15/06 SNL, 5/5/06 Irving Plaza, 5/13/06 Hartford, 6/1/06 NJ 1, 6/3/06 NJ 2, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/27/08 Hartford, 7/1/08 The Beacon, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 5/20/10 MSG, 5/21/10 MSG, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13, Brooklyn, 10/25/13 Hartford, 11/15/13 Dallas, 10/12/14 Austin 2, 5/1/16 MSG 1, 5/2/16 MSG 2, 8/5/15 Fenway 1, 4/7/17 RRHOF Induction, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle  2, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/13/23 Ft. Worth 1, 9/15/23 Ft. Worth 2, 5/16/24 Vegas 1, 5/18/24 Vegas 2
  • Options
    Thank you 10 club.. 110 row 12 seats 13-14.. danny whatever from 70 show right next to me.. Fuck those lil Olson whores who started out 4 rows in front of me in the same section as 70 show Danny.. the one was on side stage at one point the other was fucking sitting down for like 8 straight songs during the 2nd and 3rd sets when she wasnt making out with her ugly fat ass bf..Danny was very cool.. I kinda blew his spot.. noone noticed it was him till I asked a buddy 2 rows in front who then asked every one in his section if it was him.. Appologized after the concert to danny "no worries at all" some of my fav's MITS and GTF back to back.. Footsteps, Immortality, COMATOSE fucking song has grown on me since the last 3 times I saw it live..Footsteps, ALONE, mic cut out on Ed and picked right back up.. Eddie jumped right at the end of the 1st set RVM and fell limped the rest of the night.. Mcready was on FIRE, Stone looked bored Matt was phenomonal.... INDIFFERENCE as a show closer, Ed let the crowd sing I will scream my lungs out part.. and he was taken back.. Sat will be show 30 for me .. lookin for somehting special.. Thanks again 10 club for my special seats.. Oh yeah I have been with my girlfriend for over 8 years and this is the 1st show that she attended with me Needless to say she wants to come back Saturday with me..
  • Options
    Hey all im looking for stories of tonights show... getting around 300 unique hits a day... thanks for all your support :)

http://www.pearljamstories.com/pearljamstories
    I would love to get you my story I posted a lil bit of it but so so tired now.. send a pm if you want it..
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 287
    Great show. One of the better shows I've been to. The band and crowd both seemed on tonight. The highlight was the Trilogy.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    awesome show. great setlist. horrible ride to the show and back home. couldnt they have fucked up even flow instead of alone? 1st time for me hearing immortality, man of the hour, alone live. tired. will elaborate tommorrow
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    it was a really good show. But there were a few detractors. First, the mic sound where the ol'RK was, wasn't too good. The ol'RK doesn't think it was just me because they did change Ed's mic like three or four times. And even Stone's guitar going out on Alone was bad, but the band really, really made up for those technical glitches by playing very well. They sounded in great form otherwise with some nice highlights like Footsteps and Immortality.

Hope that helps...

yer pal,
    ol'RK
    '
    Um...I don't get it?

Sorry, not used to seeing a serious RK post!
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • Options
    I've been looking forward to hearing 'Alone' since I missed it in Philly. Even though the mic cut out and they had to re-start it, i was still pumped to hear it!!! What a great show. Crowd was eh in my opinion tonight, I hope they're better on Saturday.
    94: 4-6, 96: 10-2, 98: 9-13, 03: 4-29, 7-2, 7-3, 7-8, 7-9, 7-11, 04: 10-1, 05: 10-3, 06: 5-5, 5-13, 5-24, 5-25, 6-1, 6-3, 08: 6-24, 6-25, 6-27, 6-30, 10: 5-15, 5-18, 5-20, 5-21, 12: 9-2, 13: 10-18, 10-19, 10-21, 10-22, 10-25, 10-27
  • Options
    cookiescookies Posts: 113
    It was great when Ed was asking about Bu$hleaguer. We are not going to play it but if we did would you walk out LOL LOL. He got the crowd to out cheer the ones who booed the tune Then mention leash saying I remember seeing a sing saying play leash you pussies. He was talking about the last time the band was there. Then he played leash and at the end he made the staement Pussies no more. But what was kind of sad was when the crowd booed when he said the last time he was here he was with bruce. The encore was what made it for me. And Leatherman is a fav song of a friend of mine and it was his birthday. :) And Indifference was just sweet. :) I am glad I went.

Cookies
    Cookies
    ôjô
  • Options
    they werent boo's for bruce it was brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccceeeeeeee
  • Options
    Slider06Slider06 Posts: 3
    This is my first post - I was at the show - sat center stage 5th row... Thank you TEN CLUB! Outstanding show, saw PJ at Irving Plaza and in Toronto on this leg...Member since '94. Anyway, I believe the sign that read "Play LEASH you f'uggin' pussies" was actually at MSG in 2003. July 9 to be exact. Just happened to pop that bootleg CD in tonite before the show... Ed said Tonite, "I believe that the last time we played here there was a sign...Pussies, etc.... " No big deal, just a little FYI - the "Pussies No More Show" is a great tag for this show... Loved LEASH! Saturday is gonna rock!!!!

*** Just read back on some posts, saw that Ohbigboy caught the MSG sign earlier...New to THIS PIT!... Peace ***
  • Options
    JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    Awesome show, the setlist was great. We were the first section on Mike's side, 6 rows up... pretty much eye level with Mike. We were holding up our YIELD sign during Baba. My only issue with the show- there was no way in hell our section (or at least the people below us) were fanclub. They just weren't into the show, except the two girls who would jump out into the aisle when Mike looked over to get his attention. We were sitting across the aisle from one of the Olson twins though- the guys above us did a good job harassing them.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    I must have been next to skinnylegs on the first page because I'm 39xxx and we were dead center 2nd row also.

Ohmymy what a night. It is different to go with kids, I'll tell you that much. On the way there I told my nephew - whatever we do we have to try to catch a pic from Mike McCready. Even throughout the opening band, he's like is that Mike McCready. I said no, you'll know when Mike comes on he has a ton of energy.

Well, we caught 3, I gave him mine, he gave the woman to his left one, and he saved one for his sister. Thanks again to the woman to his left who let me borrow her cell phone as a flashlight when I couldn't find the first one Mike threw. That was very nice. I have to say that Mike impressed me again with how alert he is, and generous with the pics, and just seems a very nice-spirited man. Thank you very much, MIKE, for fulfilling an Aunt's wishes to infinity and beyond :)

And let's not forget that tambourine!!!! Holy cow, talk about a lot of icing on the cake. Thank you very much, Eddie, for making sure my nephew got the tambourine. On the way out all these strangers were congratulating him on catching the tambourine. You and Mike gave my nephew bonafide bragging rights ;)! Actually, thanks to all members of Pearl Jam for putting on an excellent show. I agree that Boston was louder in the beginning but NJ definitely came into it's own by the end there.

My concert highlight as far as PJ concerts go was Alone. It could be chopped in a million pieces, but if they start the song, and end the song, then it's all good. My nephew was sitting down a bit probably because he was tired, and it's a lot of newness, you know, so I suggested we could leave if he wanted. Thank goodness he didn't or else he wouldn't have had the pic, the tambourine, and I wouldn't have heard Alone :)

I have to say I was wilting like a flower by the end there because of this gawdawful cold. Hopefully, it'll be cleared up by the time I take my niece on Saturday. Speaking of which, hey Mike and Eddie, how are we going to top this one on Saturday?! Both of my nephew's parents said to my nephew that he'll probably never have another concert experience like this one because it was so mindblowing. I hope by taking him he'll get into going to live concerts.

So, taking a kid means I worry more about his time, then about how the band is doing on stage. That was new. Also, I have never cared about the posters, but yesterday I got him one for his birthday later this month, and he promised he wouldn't sell it on eBay :) Also, I've lived in a different state from him all of his life, and I can't say I know his mannerisms or when he's tired or what he likes, really. But this wasn't just a PJ concert for me this time, it was a memory I shared with my nephew. Probably the most significant of his life, since I don't think he remembers me holding him during his baptism :) So, in 20 years he'll say at the holiday table, "Hey, remember when we got those pics and I caught the tamborine? . . . .
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Foot - Fucking Steps!!!!!!!!! Finally

What A Set List Holy Shit Awesome Show

Props To Rows 12-14 Center Stage Rocking All Night!!
  • Options
    One of the best PJ sows I have been too, and has to be the best set list I have seen live. 20th row - thank you Ten Club!!!
  • Options
    not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238
    Great Seats - Great Show! Green Disease, Immortality, Alone - even though it was f'd up like Crazy Mary at the Wachovia Center last year, and the highlight FOOTSTEPS - 17 shows and that was the first time I've heard it! Awesome!!!
    08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    I forgot to mention that I got worried for a bit when Eddie fell down HARD at the end of the set. He didn't get up for a bit and then limped off, but then he was his normal insane self for the encore.

Stone had tech issues during Alone, loved how they picked it right back up after that.

Don't know if he does it every show, but Mike was moving around his chair quite a bit during the sitdown.

Did you guys catch My Morning Jacket's ode to Pearl Jam: Richard Marx's Right Here Waiting riff. Hahahaha. No wonder they fit in so well.

Matt is outf'nstanding.

Dude! Ed fell HARD!!!!!
    Holy Shit...........he fell like a ton of bricks. I never saw anything like it.
    Way drunk.
    Great set list even though a few of them were played in Camden aswell. But all in all great night. Well worth the two hour drive.
    How about the thunderstorm?
    It just made it that much better.
    Good Times!
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    last night was amazing, the band were in great spirits, hope we get a state college like show on sat

does anyone have any soundcheck info from last night, i'd like to know what to expect on sat
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    they werent boo's for bruce it was brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccceeeeeeee
    these people crack me up- I was yealling bruuuuuuce and the girl below me gives me a dirty look- likle they never heard of springsteen- I was like where the fuck are U from- kansas?

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,680
    How sweet hearing Footsteps and Indifference and Come Back. Some times I long for the Whippings, Black Circles and Lukin's but those slow songs can be so beautiful. I got all choked up during Come Back Ed's voice had so much depth and feeling and hurt love.
    And damn - a Beatles pre-opener and then one of my favorite Rick Danko Band tunes w/MMJ I was hooked from the first note.
    I think that the reference to Bush Leager/Leash signage song choice was due to the fact that someone was waving a big sign with Bush and a devil together all night and Ed looked at that and was asking the crowd weather they wanted a (nother) political song, or Leash.
    Still I can't believe the crowd would boo Bushleager - but I did want to hear them Drop the Leash.
  • Options
    Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176
    I am TC#161xxx and I was in Row V on the floor, so what's that, 22nd row? And *bonus* I had the end seats on the aisle. That's always cool. Although security made me put away my camera twice...once when I was shooting stills, and another time when I tried to shoot some video. That's the price you pay for good seats: prying eyes. At least they didn't confiscate. Oh, and no problem with binoculars here, either. AND I barely got searched. Coulda smuggled in a pint of anything. And I should have...because THE BARS CLOSED AT 9:45!!!!!!!

Hmmm ya think the Olson twins have a lower TC number? Somehow, I doubt it. How old were they in the mid-90s...four? Five? Come ON. It's all about who you are and who you know. Susan Sarandon? Really now. I'm sure she joined TC in 1993 too.

Anyway, great show...thought the 03 MSG shows were better, but maybe Saturday night will blow last night out of the water?

A question: did ANYONE on this thread attend the VH1 Storytellers gig?!?

And the bigger question is: WTF was Eddie drinking, a bottle of chardonnay?!

Laura in NJ
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Simply amazing. One of the best shows I've been to. Had some amazing seats 11 rows back in section 121, at a perfect 45 degree angle to the stage on Stone's side. Awesome to hear some tunes I've never heard live before, like Footsteps, Alone, Leash, Indifference. One of the best renditions of Rearviewmirror I've heard in a really long time. My favorite song ever. I just hope Ed's OK after that fall. Looked wicked.

Cannot wait for the bootleg!
  • Options
    I was at Storytellers. Killer 2nd encore last night. First time hearing Footsteps, Come Back, and Glorified G for me. I think the crowd will be better on Saturday night. Good high energy show with some nice slow stuff to balance it out. I almost put the lady next to me into the boards jumping around, but she was standing like a statue and encroaching on my realestate.
    .(...\................/....)
    . \....\............ /..../
    ...\....\.........../..../
    ....\..../´¯.I.¯`\..../
    ..../... I.....I....(¯ \
    ...I......I....I.....\...\
    ...I......I´¯.I´¯.I \...l
    ....\.....` ¯..¯ ´...../
    ......\__________/
  • Options
    jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    Footsteps, Immortality, Indiffernce, and 15th Row Center Stage.....yeah I was Happy :-D
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • Options
    jchais01 wrote:
    Footsteps, Immortality, Indiffernce, and 15th Row Center Stage.....yeah I was Happy :-D

i was 13th row dead center , rows 12-15 were so loud singing could hardly hear eddie,, total rocking little group we had there
  • Options
    TerpnJamTerpnJam Posts: 37
    Was on the floor about 30 rows back-- just an awesome set-- I thought the energy in the place was great, not MSG, but still everyone was rocking out and going crazy--- getting to hear Alone was a real treat, even with the F-up-- no worries, was kinda like when Stone's mic went out back in Reading at VFC---nice little change of pace closing with Indifference instead of YLB- took my roommate to his first ever PJ show, and before-hand I told him it would change his life-- I think mission accomplished---can't wait for Saturday to see what the band has left in the tank
    Hear My Name, take a good look, this could be the day!
  • Options
    PJaholicPJaholic Posts: 81
    leadbedr wrote:
    I dont know who the hell was in the front row tonight, but i could see them all night. They didnt move one bit. I was WTF!!!! how do these people get front row center and fuggin stand there all night. They wernt even clapping, you could tell they had no idea what was going on.
    The crown was pretty good, not as good as camden 2.
    All in all a great show.
    cant wait till sat!!!!

I don't know what front row you were looking at. I was sitting front row tight between Stone & Ed and me and the 2 guys next to me were going nuts the whole show.

Anyway, now for my mini review. Like I said before I was sitting front row for the first time ever thanx to my new friend from CT!! This was probably the most amazing night of my life. The opening set was sick.. just sick. Then to FINALLY hear Footsteps...that was my favorite concert moment EVER!!!!
    Closing with Indifference was a nice touch. Always nice to hear something different since I've heard YLB at every show I've been to.
    Great Night!!!!!!

Can't wait till Saturday

BTW NYPJ1 - WE FINALLY HEARD FOOTSTEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    "i'm lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side"
  • Options
    WOW AMAZING SHOW

18th time seeing them & its up there for one of the best, i was wondering about the setlists being kind of the same, but it dont matter it was fuckin amazing,

highlights

FOOTSTEPS - FINALLY first time seeing it

after Even Flow Ed teasing us saying Boston was louder aha

fuckin up Alone , then restarting, everyone cheering

AMAZING 2nD ENCORE, you cant get much better than that for an encore, LAST EXIT, COMATOSE, BABA, CLOSING W INDIFFERENCE

Ed saying we played Bushleaguer once & got booed, & was wondering if they played it again n who would still boo, there were a decent amountof boos, then Ed said who would cheer & the place erupted but they didnt play it,

Then he says see you boo us call us pussied & we still keep coming back, hahahahah then went right into LEash

i dont know if saturday can be better, it was a sick show, cant wait for sat tho & then GORGE !!!!!!!!!
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    PJaholic wrote:
    I don't know what front row you were looking at. I was sitting front row tight between Stone & Ed and me and the 2 guys next to me were going nuts the whole show.

Anyway, now for my mini review. Like I said before I was sitting front row for the first time ever thanx to my new friend from CT!! This was probably the most amazing night of my life. The opening set was sick.. just sick. Then to FINALLY hear Footsteps...that was my favorite concert moment EVER!!!!
    Closing with Indifference was a nice touch. Always nice to hear something different since I've heard YLB at every show I've been to.
    Great Night!!!!!!

Can't wait till Saturday

BTW NYPJ1 - WE FINALLY HEARD FOOTSTEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

YEAAAAAA GIRLFRIEND !!!! FINALLY NOW I CAN DIE IN PEACE!!!
  • Options
    jeddethjeddeth Posts: 93
    My concert highlight as far as PJ concerts go was Alone. It could be chopped in a million pieces, but if they start the song, and end the song, then it's all good.

so true!

I will be suprised if eddie didn't break his ankle last night. he came down hard at the end of alive and he looked like he was hurting through-out the rest of the show. he fell again during baba and it took him a while to get up. after that fall during alive I was pretty sure the show was over, it really looked painful.

to answer someone supra... mike was moving around a lot during the sit down stuff because he was having sound issues. At first he was sitting too close to his monitors and I saw him motion to the sound girl that it was too loud and then he moved back towards his amps. Later he picked up the chair again and moved up close so he could reach his pedals.
    Things change. They wont change unless you make them. The best way to change something you don't like, is to change yourself. So if you feel like you have a piece of duct tape on your mouth and you can't escape, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out, let 'em hear ya! -EV