Options

*** E. Rutherford I Fanviews 6/1 Here ***

thefireiscookingthefireiscooking Posts: 10
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
~

Ed Pre-Set: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

My Morning Jacket Set List: It Makes No Difference (w/ Ed), Off the Record, What a Wonderful Man, Gideon, Wordless Chorus, O Is The One That Is Real, One Big Holiday, Anytime, Mahgeetah

Pearl Jam Set List: Severed Hand, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Do The Evolution, Marker In The Sand, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Army Reserve, , Immortality, Green Disease, Not For You / (Modern Girl), Alone, Jeremy, Why Go, Life Wasted, Rearviewmirror

1st Encore: Wasted Reprise, Man Of The Hour, Come Back, Footsteps, Once, Alive

2nd Encore: Last Exit, Comatose, Leatherman, Glorified G, Leash, Baba O'Riley, Indifference

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Early set list from the Message Pit’s “ACCBootlegGoddess,” “Niera” and theskyiscrape.com

Set list source: tenclub.net and mymorningjacket.com and you.

Thank you for sharing, thefireiscooking

~
bernadine holland
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    I wasn't there, but I'm diggin it anyway.
  • Options
    MorenoMoreno Posts: 2
    I was there!!! Just got home!! It was such a fun show. Can't believe they played the whole Mamasan trilogy! Loved it!!!
  • Options
    kidapollokidapollo Posts: 75
    I love that Modern Girl tag at the end of Not For You.
    I MET SIR MIKE F'N McCREADY!!!!!!!!
    (Added to my sig as per SENROCK'S suggestion)

"No time to be void, or save up on life ... you got to spend it all."

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member #0020

Last Exit: Pittsburgh
    Next Stop: ???
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I like that set.. sorta samey to the recent shows but Green Disease, Immortality, Last Exit, Alone, Footsteps and Leatherman!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    I was LOVING the Trilogy!!!!

Came out firing on all cylinders, which was fabulous.

The new stuff sounds great live, just as I expected.

Can't wait for Saturday.

Missed out on poster, that one hurts...
  • Options
    Pre set was just absolutley beautiful tonight with killer sound- Love Hide Your Love... Some fat bitch shoved into me in the poster line pushing her way in front of me and I was like wtf?!?... Then I saw her later with like 15 posters- cunt. I'm sick of these newbies and their ebay BS. Cheers to the guy who spilled beer on the fat chick with 18 posters in Camden..Probably the same bitch. Honestly, A little sloppy tonight with some major fuck ups- shedding your skin came in waves- Floor was filled with VERY friendly crazy lively ten club members-great meeting you all- great vibe there! but a super big foot tall dude ended up right in front of us forcing us up and out of the FREAKS and into the regulars- People like up and dancing for Ten tunes and then anything after sitting or barely moving. The guy next to me asked if I had just started listening to the band since I was going nuts during all the new stuff and chilling during even blow and alive- HA HA HA HA- fucking twat. Leatherman was a rare treat. Eddie was going on garduation rants that made little sense- at least to us- was he drunk? Eddie asked the crowd about whether they wanted to hear Bushleager and he asked for the boos and about a 1/4, very surprised that anyone would boo- booed- then he asked who wanted to hear it and the place went nuts. But then they busted out Leash after he talked about the Play Leash you Pussies signs and rants. 2nd encore went nuts after scoring room since people started to leave- this was my highlight next to the preset. This was my 4th show on the tour and Sunday just blew it away. But you guys know how it goes "On the second night God said Let It Rock!" so I expect Saturday to be a mindblowing leg closer- can I get a Big Wave please????? can I get a fucking Dirty Frank? yeah- see you Sat!!!!

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    I just got home....just removed my pants (which i've been dying to do)...just washed my hands (another thing i was dying to do)....just lit a joint.....ahhhh.....what a fuckin show...great setlist...the crowd was good, although in my particular section there were many people sitting...not me tho...i was rockin out...fuck all u sitters, thats not my thing. Yeah...not sure what to say exactly, kinda tired.....yo, come back was SICK..its a heartbreaker....can u handle that? And the Modern Girl tag at the end of Not for You was great too....some asshole near me said it was lame...fuck him. Great show....Leatherman...swweeeeeet. one more thing....there have been people saying the band isnt into it or the crowds are lame....dude, dont fuckin listen to that, just go to the show, dance your ass off, sing til your throat is sore....i believe in Pearl Jam.....good night.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    PineappleAnaPineappleAna Posts: 255
    long red wrote:
    I just got home....just removed my pants (which i've been dying to do)...just washed my hands (another thing i was dying to do)....just lit a joint.....ahhhh.....what a fuckin show...great setlist...the crowd was good, although in my particular section there were many people sitting...not me tho...i was rockin out...fuck all u sitters, thats not my thing. Yeah...not sure what to say exactly, kinda tired.....yo, come back was SICK..its a heartbreaker....can u handle that? And the Modern Girl tag at the end of Not for You was great too....some asshole near me said it was lame...fuck him. Great show....Leatherman...swweeeeeet. one more thing....there have been people saying the band isnt into it or the crowds are lame....dude, dont fuckin listen to that, just go to the show, dance your ass off, sing til your throat is sore....i believe in Pearl Jam.....good night.

hey, did you or anyone else see ed look to his right during come back?

our section was so great, no security to keep us out of the aisles, I was parying like it was 1999
  • Options
    I forgot to mention that I got worried for a bit when Eddie fell down HARD at the end of the set. He didn't get up for a bit and then limped off, but then he was his normal insane self for the encore.

Stone had tech issues during Alone, loved how they picked it right back up after that.

Don't know if he does it every show, but Mike was moving around his chair quite a bit during the sitdown.

Did you guys catch My Morning Jacket's ode to Pearl Jam: Richard Marx's Right Here Waiting riff. Hahahaha. No wonder they fit in so well.

Matt is outf'nstanding.
  • Options
    PineappleAnaPineappleAna Posts: 255
    I forgot to mention that I got worried for a bit when Eddie fell down HARD at the end of the set. He didn't get up for a bit and then limped off, but then he was his normal insane self for the encore.

Stone had tech issues during Alone, loved how they picked it right back up after that.

Don't know if he does it every show, but Mike was moving around his chair quite a bit during the sitdown.

Did you guys catch My Morning Jacket's ode to Pearl Jam: Richard Marx's Right Here Waiting riff. Hahahaha. No wonder they fit in so well.

Matt is outf'nstanding.

mike's a big ham, I saw ed's fall, he was limping when he walked of stage
  • Options
    skinnylegsskinnylegs Posts: 112
    I just got back from the show and I have to say it was one of the best I've been to. I was 2nd row dead, dead, dead center (my # is 39,XXX) and couldn't have had a better time. The new stuff sounds so great live.Too tired to write more, maybe more tomorrow.
    "Those who dance are called insane by people who don't hear the music."
  • Options
    yeah that fall was brutal...but hey, its rock n roll.
  • Options
    And how could I neglect to mention the Leash moment and the "Play Leash You Pussies sign? Ed's take on Pearl Jam: "We're a resilient band." And then right into it full throttle!
  • Options
    davem12203davem12203 Posts: 15
    It was an awesome night. I didnt write down the set list but they rocked the entire first set. Marker in the Sand, Glorified G, Life Wasted and more. At one point Ed said he didn't want to get us mad, but Boston was louder. I was pissed!! From that point on it rocked a little harder.

The second set started out mellow with wasted reprise, footsteps and come back before rocking hard again with Comatose and leash. Ed talked about the last time they were there and they played bushleaguer and how some people were pissed. He asked who would Boo if they played it now. A lot of people booed. A lot more cheered for them to play it, they didn't. Instead they played Leash, which rocked.

Third set ended with teenage wasteland and Indifference. Cool way to end it and something I hadn't seen before as an ending. No Yellow leadbetter, which was fine.

The crowd really rocked. I thought everyone was into it big time. Eddie fell, twice I think. Susan Sarandon and her son were on stage almost and he was playing with her kid a lot.

All in all an awesome. Can't wait to see the set list to remind myself but it was awesome. Night all!
  • Options
    And how could I neglect to mention the Leash moment and the "Play Leash You Pussies sign? Ed's take on Pearl Jam: "We're a resilient band." And then right into it full throttle!

"Pussies no more!!!" that was great.
  • Options
    ohbigboyohbigboy Posts: 34
    Wow!
    The opening set was absolutely blistering. I kept wondering if they were going to have to slow it down at some point but they just cranking away.
    Mike was amazing tonight. I don't think I've ever seen him this "on"... at least until Saturday ;)
    "Pussies no more"... Nice that Ed remembered and acknowledged the Play Leash You Pussies sign from MSG '03 II.
    All of the new songs are great live. Come Back was definitely a highlight.
    Thank you playing and FINISHING with Indifference. I've wanted to hear that one live for a long time.

Okay, I'm too sleepy to continue... Thank you Pearl Jam and thanks 10c for a great night!

Good night!
    Just waiting for my next show...
  • Options
    northjersey78northjersey78 Mount Laurel, NJ Posts: 80
    I thought it was hilarious when they fucked up Alone.
    8/12/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 9/8/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/14/03, 10/1/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/24/08, 6/27/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/20/10, 9/12/12, 10/21/13
  • Options
    it was a really good show. But there were a few detractors. First, the mic sound where the ol'RK was, wasn't too good. The ol'RK doesn't think it was just me because they did change Ed's mic like three or four times. And even Stone's guitar going out on Alone was bad, but the band really, really made up for those technical glitches by playing very well. They sounded in great form otherwise with some nice highlights like Footsteps and Immortality.

Hope that helps...

yer pal,
    ol'RK
  • Options
    davem12203 wrote:
    It was an awesome night. I didnt write down the set list but they rocked the entire first set. Marker in the Sand, Glorified G, Life Wasted and more. At one point Ed said he didn't want to get us mad, but Boston was louder. I was pissed!! From that point on it rocked a little harder.

The second set started out mellow with wasted reprise, footsteps and come back before rocking hard again with Comatose and leash. Ed talked about the last time they were there and they played bushleaguer and how some people were pissed. He asked who would Boo if they played it now. A lot of people booed. A lot more cheered for them to play it, they didn't. Instead they played Leash, which rocked.

Third set ended with teenage wasteland and Indifference. Cool way to end it and something I hadn't seen before as an ending. No Yellow leadbetter, which was fine.

The crowd really rocked. I thought everyone was into it big time. Eddie fell, twice I think. Susan Sarandon and her son were on stage almost and he was playing with her kid a lot.

All in all an awesome. Can't wait to see the set list to remind myself but it was awesome. Night all!
    songs called baba o reilly

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    songs called baba o reilly

the song is called Baba O'Riley.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    Hey all im looking for stories of tonights show... getting around 300 unique hits a day... thanks for all your support :)

http://www.pearljamstories.com/pearljamstories
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    the song is called Baba O'Riley.

you're both wrong...the song is call Mr. Townshend's Wild Ride.
  • Options
    dolly rockerdolly rocker Long Beach NY Posts: 345
    just brilliant, brilliant...no words can describe "come back" tonight..what a night.
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    long red wrote:
    you're both wrong...the song is call Mr. Townshend's Wild Ride.

Agh, that's it! Thanks for clearing it up.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    Oh, and my seats were Section 6, row K with my 296xxx number...

I was actually anticipating lower level side seats, but hell, I could see pretty well...
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • Options
    Oh, and my seats were Section 6, row K with my 296xxx number...

I was actually anticipating lower level side seats, but hell, I could see pretty well...

you sure as hell could see better than me, lemme tell ya.
  • Options
    my highlights; Mamasan Trilogy, Immortality, Last Exit and how bout them working the crowd into a frenzy during Baba and then slowing it down and ending with Indifference!! Amazing! Saturday should be great! I hope we get an Oceans opener!!
    94: 4-6, 96: 10-2, 98: 9-13, 03: 4-29, 7-2, 7-3, 7-8, 7-9, 7-11, 04: 10-1, 05: 10-3, 06: 5-5, 5-13, 5-24, 5-25, 6-1, 6-3, 08: 6-24, 6-25, 6-27, 6-30, 10: 5-15, 5-18, 5-20, 5-21, 12: 9-2, 13: 10-18, 10-19, 10-21, 10-22, 10-25, 10-27
  • Options
    I have two tickets for saturday if anyone wants to buy them for face...They are Section 103 Lower Level row 26...

If you buy them, You're going to have to meet me somewhere relatively close to my house (I live in Keansburg)
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • Options
    ramblings6ramblings6 Posts: 24
    Immortality!!! Indifference!!! Footsteps!!! Thank you Pearl Jam.
    9/28/96, 9/8/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 5/03/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/1/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 6/01/06, 6/03/06, 6/19/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 8/7/08 (EV solo)
  • Options
    wpost211wpost211 Posts: 124
    Great show tonight. Immortality, Footsteps, Leatherman.

Eddie's referring to the Bu$hleaguer incident and the Leash banner was priceless. I will always think of tonight as the "pussies no more" show.
    "there's a lot to be said for nowhere...."

1996 - Randall's Island II 1998 - MSG I
    2000 - Jones Beach II & III 2003 - Uniondale, MSG I & II
    2006 - E. Ruth I & II 2007 - Lollapalooza
    2008 - MSG I & II, Hartford 2009 - Philly IV
    2010 - Newark, MSG I & II