Options

Yield

Comments

• Options
    bee_boybee_boy Posts: 384
    Just restart the thread like the Aussies did....

Uh... Am I missing something here?
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Just restart the thread like the Aussies did....

"That Yield thread WAS a sequel to the first Yield thread. Enough, Grace."

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    This post made my day...

This album changed my life..

Yield rules..
    Clicks and the people in them...SUCK!

keep this thread free to Yield lovers abound!

YIELD does rule.....and you're still a tool. Fact.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    BlkFlg1BlkFlg1 Posts: 156
    locked wrote:
    This post made my day...

This album changed my life..

Yield rules..
    Clicks and the people in them...SUCK!

keep this thread free to Yield lovers abound!

uh oh. locked's presence is like Mr. Smith in the matrix- ths system is about to destroy something. please don't harm us locked, even though I am Sergeant-At-Arms, we are a peaceful, simple tribe of people wanting to make our home and discuss jewbabes, Nugent, dimebag, flat asses, chuck norris, and probably, YIELD. you are welcome here, let's all play nice.

-YFC-Sergeant-At-Arms
    YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
  • Options
    BlkFlg wrote:
    ewbabes, flat asses, chuck norris, and probably, YIELD. you are welcome here, let's all play nice.

You forgot Pantera and Ted Nugent. ;)

Nugent's guitar work wouldn't fit on YIELD...I was about to say that Dimebag wouldn't work either, but I respect his cover of Planet Caravan.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    Just wanted to jump in before the thread gets "locked."

YIELD pwns!!!!
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Options
    Jewbabes, assless girls, Pantera, Trans-Siberian, Llamas, Ted
    Nugent, "synerds"
  • Options
    I still adore IN HIDING.

You and me both - that's one of the all-time greats!
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Options
    i cant believe you guys love yield THAT much... i mean, dont get me wrong, its a GREAT album, but... i dont know. just kind of thing ten and vs blow it outta the water. but i guess different strokes for different folks
  • Options
    i cant believe you guys love yield THAT much... i mean, dont get me wrong, its a GREAT album, but... i dont know. just kind of thing ten and vs blow it outta the water. but i guess different strokes for different folks

Yup. Ten is good...but lacks the scope of YIELD.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Hey, get this: Yield's running time is 48:39, and those are the last 4 digits of my phone number!! I just noticed this the other day. :cool:
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291

You can think I'm crazy but I honestly think that Yield is probably the best record ever made :)
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    Hey, get this: Yield's running time is 48:39, and those are the last 4 digits of my phone number!! I just noticed this the other day. :cool:

:eek:

you rule. :cool:

Yield = PJ's best album. period. i love every album just the same but Yield is all that is good in this world.
    i'm pure fucking zen when i listen to this album. :D brings out the best in me.
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
  • Options
    Great album that couldn't have come along at a better time for me, but it's not their best. Which really speaks to their overall quality not to Yield's worthiness.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    Davanita wrote:
    :eek:

you rule. :cool:

Yield = PJ's best album. period. i love every album just the same but Yield is all that is good in this world.
    i'm pure fucking zen when i listen to this album. :D brings out the best in me.

It is very Zen. Their most Zen-like album. It's also their most spiritual. And religious. But those of you that read the thousands of pages in the previous thread would know that. ;) The evidence is in the fanatical dedication!
  • Options
    Great album that couldn't have come along at a better time for me, but it's not their best.

*incorrect*
  • Options
    DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    BlkFlg wrote:
    It is very Zen. Their most Zen-like album. It's also their most spiritual. And religious. But those of you that read the thousands of pages in the previous thread would know that. ;) The evidence is in the fanatical dedication!

i'm ashamed to admit it but i wasn't on the previous Yield-thread :o
    i dunno why, Yield is my all-time favourite album.
    so i decided to hop on this one, this thread is kinda like a new chance :D

wasn't Yield the album where they said it was Hemmingway-inspired...? :rolleyes: i'm not sure, they say that everytime they deliver something good. they said that at Pinkpop too :D
    hmm.... Plato anyway. (on Yield)
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    I'm listening to this album right now. It's not the first time, of course. However, it's the first time when I thought. . . . yes, this is an excellent album. Holy cow, what was I thinking before? :D
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    YIELD is the best album ever.

fin
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    It's pretty good. I would even give it an A, especially live. But compared to Vs. it sounds like it came out of the easy listening section...
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    Davanita wrote:
    i'm ashamed to admit it but i wasn't on the previous Yield-thread :o
    i dunno why, Yield is my all-time favourite album.
    so i decided to hop on this one, this thread is kinda like a new chance :D
    )

The other one had a silly teenage click.
    but they all got grounded...!.
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    locked wrote:

...so not necessary.

:(

PBM

• Options
    Dog LoyalDog Loyal Posts: 336
    ...so not necessary.

:(

PBM
    I agree.

YIELD!
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    locked wrote:

it's CLIQUE, not click.

clique >noun a small group of people who spend time together and do not readily allow others to join them.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840
    YIELD is great...I had a good listening session on the beach in Jamaica. Perfect listening spot during sunset.
  • Options
    YIELD.

Recognize.
  • Options
    You mean, "The fifth record".

;)

PBM

• Options
    You mean, "The fifth record".

;)

PBM

Ed knows it's YIELD. He just chooses to avoid saying the actual word. Kinda like in ancient times they never said "Yahweh." Fact.
  • Options
    Ed knows it's YIELD. He just chooses to avoid saying the actual word. Kinda like in ancient times they never said "Yahweh." Fact.

Ed: "I miss playing the songs on YIELD. FALSE"

PBM