Options

Yield

Comments

• Options
    Great album all the way. "Yield","No Code" and the last album "Pearl Jam" are my fav PJ albums. I love everything on Yield but especially I love "In Hiding"(which is my all time fav song of PJ),"Low Light","All Those Yesterdays" and "Faithfull". "Given To Fly" and "Wishlist" are absolute classics.
    Innocence Is A Face That Always Lies.
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    DarkStar wrote:
    i'll never forget when the moment when they played Lowlight for the first time. it was magical for me. and yes, i cried.

ds
    aww, that's awesome :) where was it when they played it for the first time?

my favorite line outta that song, 'two birds is what they'll see, getting lost upon their way', that precise moment with the sun dropping in the horizon, i'll never forget it. that's the great thing about this band, the memories one is left with.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    aww, that's awesome :) where was it when they played it for the first time?

my favorite line outta that song, 'two birds is what they'll see, getting lost upon their way', that precise moment with the sun dropping in the horizon, i'll never forget it. that's the great thing about this band, the memories one is left with.

i remember that...and the sky...fuckin' BRILLIANT moment! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i remember that...and the sky...fuckin' BRILLIANT moment! :D
    oh god yes, what an amazing sunset that was! :)
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    oh god yes, what an amazing sunset that was! :)

ALL of it just amazing...my first trip to seattle, first/only show at the gorge......first of 4 west coast shows for me....etc......great, great times! i adore all the truly brilliant memoried i've made at/around shows, all thanks to pearl jam. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    hummus needs some more love. it's so fucking cool.
    buy the ticket, take the ride.

10.08.00, 12.08.02, 06.16.03, 06.18.03, 06.21.03, 06.22.03, 10.02.04, 10.05.04, 07.15.06, 07.16.06
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    DEFINITELY at the gorge was a GORGEous experience ;) hearing Lowlight in that setting?! In NATURE as the sun set on the horizon! WOW!! Talk about pure beauty!

Also I have to note, MSG I, when they played Faithfull. I love it when Eddie said 'raise a toast for belief' :D BEST moment EVER!! And also hearing LOWLIGHT w/VEDHEAD27 at our VERY first show together, when we brought the LOW LIGHT signs to MSG. We almost got kicked out of the venue for holding them up. hahaha :p I remember after one of the songs, she was like, 'okay. during the first encore, we are going to hold up the signs' I was like 'okay. got it' and then the next song they played was LOW LIGHT and she just fell on her knees, shocked, eyes bulging out and I literally had to pick her up from the floor. Then she came to, and we held the signs. *sighs* GOOD TIMES! :D

Now if I hear All Those Yesterdays and No Way, I will be one happy clam!! D :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    I heard somebody hit it in the right spot. Is it true?
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    DarkStar wrote:
    i'll never forget when the moment when they played Lowlight for the first time.

I'll be honest, when they first started playing it in Chi-Town, I thought they were starting NO WAY.

Either way, it was a nice surprise.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I'll be honest, when they first started playing it in Chi-Town, I thought they were starting NO WAY.

Either way, it was a nice surprise.

PBM

Umm, didn't Ed say "We don't play this one often, but we'll try it here. It's called LOWLIGHT." ?
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    Song of the day for me.

All those yesterdays.

Thats just the kind of shape I am in.

My pet rabbit died. She loved yield.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    Umm, didn't Ed say "We don't play this one often, but we'll try it here. It's called LOWLIGHT." ?

Let me put it this way, if Ed were cast in Dick Tracy, he would play the Dustin Hoffman part.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    AraineaArainea Posts: 58

My pet rabbit died. She loved yield.

I'm sorry about your rabbit. That's too bad. I hope it was a peaceful end.
  • Options
    Let me put it this way, if Ed were cast in Dick Tracy, he would play the Dustin Hoffman part.

PBM

Yeah yeah I know.

But still, NO WAY? You're crazy... :)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    Arainea wrote:
    I'm sorry about your rabbit. That's too bad. I hope it was a peaceful end.

It wasnt for us, 1 min she was jumpin around, the next min i was talking to her while I was cleaning.

I have had faithfull in my head since fri, rocking around the house I look and I was like fuck no way, out for the count. My 2 lil girls were crushed.
    I should have made no way the new song in my head, but all this talk about aty, I figured it fitting.

no more shows
  • Options
    I watch SVT a lot, and never get tired of it. Yield is definitely on my top 10 albums of all time list.
  • Options
    Yeah yeah I know.

But still, NO WAY? You're crazy... :)

The acoustics were off...I couldn't hear...I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD.

PBM

• Options
    Talk about an album to listen to while carving long smooth turns on groomed corduroy. I don’t even listen to music when riding usually but after picking up Yield I made a habit of it for a while. ’98 was awesome; my last year where snowboarding or skiing took precedence and Yield fueled most of that time. Not a bad last year in Tahoe either, we got shitloads of snow that season. Riding Alpine Meadows through the last week of June in surf trunks and t-shirts, and a few particular ski instructor babes standout in my mind making their last run of the year down Idiot’s Delight wearing nothing but gloves and ski boots…damn I miss that place.

Anyway about ten days later I hopped on a plane out of Reno to San Diego to catch the July 10 1998 show. As usual I was a little late, or right on time depending on your point of view:) I walked into the dark Cox Arena to the most wonderfully pungent smell in memory, just as I heard the first few chords to Long Road….That night changed me in a lot of ways, ending one section of life and dropping into another.

So yeah, I didn’t pay too much attention to the old Yield thread. It was like you had to have a Cap’n Crunch super decoder ring to figure out what it was about, and I don’t got one…I realize Yield is a masterpiece but the thread, the few minutes I looked at it, seemed to have an added energy all it’s own causing it to just take off….Hmmm, I just can’t help but wonder where all that extra energy or power was derived from… Weird.

Love the Yield. Especially these lines…

I had a false belief
    I thought I came here to stay
    We’re all just breaking like waves
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

Carry on ...
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    The acoustics were off...I couldn't hear...I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD.

PBM

"Who is that girl?"
  • Options
    wow no yield love

i played it today 2 times

no more shows
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    wow no yield love

i played it today 2 times
    I still adore IN HIDING. :)
    And I love Stone and Eddie for writing it.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238
    http://www.fivehorizons.com/songs/feb98/index.shtml

Something I read on this wintery afternoon! :)
    08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16
  • Options
    BlkFlg1BlkFlg1 Posts: 156
    whoa....
    YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
  • Options
    BlkFlg1BlkFlg1 Posts: 156
    Yield
    YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
  • Options
    Glad to see this thread reincarnated! One of the better threads around here.
    Uh, not really any YIELD news on my end, except that I learned to play ATY on bass, which is a kick ass bassline by the way.

"Yes Way to No Way"
  • Options
    not4u10 wrote:

that was aweosme..
    yield is the best album of all time
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    bee_boybee_boy Posts: 384
    Who got banned?

Myself, YieldInHiding and PBM are enough to make this thread about 485739475394857938 pages long
  • Options
    bee_boybee_boy Posts: 384
    Oh, and forgot about Gracey...
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    not4u10 wrote:

This post made my day...

This album changed my life..

Yield rules..
    Clicks and the people in them...SUCK!

keep this thread free to Yield lovers abound!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    bee_boy wrote:
    Who got banned?

Myself, YieldInHiding and PBM are enough to make this thread about 485739475394857938 pages long

Just restart the thread like the Aussies did....
    wishlistfoundation.org