• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    opens a can of natty light

heres to the new YIELD thread
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Did a search for "YIELD Night" (one of my regular searches) and this thread came up first.

Spent my weekend in the Shenandoah Valley in the mountains of the gorgeous state of Virginia. Man, it was incredible up there. I spent last night sitting on the deck of the condo we stayed at, drinking a Miller Lite, listenign to my mp3 player, watching the stars above and the (few) cars go by, staring at the ski slopes across the valley frome. Very, very YIELD.

Nice to see a new thread. Still, it seems like the thread has been given a vasectomy from the original two, back when it was okay to tie YIELD to fun stuff.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    Seriously, I can not find it! I have the case but no CD :( I got a new IPOD and put all the PJ in there but Yield is missing. May need to go purcahse a new one. Same problem with my Wish You were Here CD but then that's a different subject matter.....

Yield come back!!!
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:
    Stunned by my own reflection
    It's looking back, sees me too clearly
    And I swore I'd never go there again
    Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down
    You down...you down...you down
    my favorite PJ bridge by far... sucks to the pilate haters... yield honestly has no weak points!!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Everytime I take a nature trip up North to Mendicino County, I ALWAYS take this album and No Code and put it on. I just rock out to it! And when "clouds roll by" part comes on, I immediately look at the sky and see the beautiful clouds that grace the sky as I drive :) nice album to listen to while driving. :D

And DS, you TOTALLY read my mind! :D STONE is DA MAN!!
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    My 10,000th post is dedicated to beginning a new YIELD thread. The other one was locked without warning or communication. Let's keep it to YIELD, SVT, or live YIELD songs here.

This thread probably won't end up as long as the last one was because some folks were banned. Let's learn a lesson here and stay on topic and avoid personal attacks.

YIELD on.

all threads end, eventually...especially on the busiest forums, the porch, AET, the MT. they get very long, they get lost in cyberspace...or sure, on occasion, deleted due to reasons you listed above. :p

nonetheless, absolutely.....yield is pure poetic brilliance...musical bliss. damn, edit for brain fart! :eek: hahahaha.......thinking no code...oh my, mea culpa! :o hahahahaha. anyhoo......i want to hear in hiding live! :)

good work for 10 grand there, nice choice. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i'll never forget that moment at the gorge in 05 when they played lowlight as the sun was setting. so beautiful.
  • Options
    ymerejymerej Posts: 70
    My 10,000th post is dedicated to beginning a new YIELD thread.
    YIELD on.

UUUU....I like Yield topics so much....but here on Porch...damn..I think here is a big lack of Yielded ones...
    love this album soooo much...There is not such a song on it, I won't like...And Pilate? One of my favorites...don't know why people just don't get it..Even though I prefer all Yield songs performed in live, I have a kind of big/great respect to this album, don't really know why. Probably because of so fucking good music, maybe because of the fact, that Eddie in every song sounds so different, damn...how he can do such a masterpieces with his voice???...and maybe because of the sign...my god...just love the sign!!! (don't know how you name this sign in english...sorry:()
    And I love the fact...when I'm in my car...driving, with Yield in player and...the "yield signs" on the road....I'm so fucking near it!!!! to my Yield...
    (pls...there's no need to laugh at me...I can be a little strange sometimes):D
    I just want to scream...
    ...hello!!!
    My god its been six years...
    never dreamed...
    ...you'd return.
  • Options
    glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    yield was my favorite pj album for a long time.
    not anymore

still a stellar album for me though

vitalogy packs the biggest punch
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Options
    ymerej wrote:
    UUUU....I like Yield topics so much....but here on Porch...damn..I think here is a big lack of Yielded ones...

Yup...there is.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    This feels strange. I do love YIELD, though.

Oh, and congrats on 10,000 YIH. 10,000 posts on a message board is like 500 career HRs in baseball....It's the magic number that ensures your place in the HOF. ;)
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    Hey YieldInHiding and fellow Yield freaks. sorry to hear about your other thread. it was impressive to say the least.

Yield is a great album but not sure its my favorite. I will say one thing, and who agrees with me?......

No matter how many times I hear it, GIVEN TO FLY NEVER GETS OLD.

such a great fucking song.
  • Options
    It has the most "spiritual" feel to it compared to the other albums. I think they tried to make an album that was more than just a collection of good songs with this one.

On top of that, there is not one song that I skip over when I listen to it.

But, if I had to choose some highlights from the epic record. They would be:

-All those yesturdays (best album closer)
    -Do the Evolution (most unique rocker from an album)
    -No Way (you cannot resist singing along with this one!)
    -Faithfull (most underated pj song I can think of)

No to mention Single Video Theory, which never gets old to watch and the only complaint is that it's about 40 minutes too short.
  • Options
    RockKing wrote:

Oh, and congrats on 10,000 YIH. 10,000 posts on a message board is like 500 career HRs in baseball....It's the magic number that ensures your place in the HOF. ;)
    10,000 posts
    it either means you get a place in the HOF.....

or it means you seriously need to get a life......

hehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    No matter how many times I hear it, GIVEN TO FLY NEVER GETS OLD.

Amen. I listened to this song 4-6 times while driving over the weekend.
  • Options
    It's time for the ramp-up to YIELD Night V.
  • Options
    10,000 posts
    it either means you get a place in the HOF.....

or it means you seriously need to get a life......

hehehe

I think it's probably both. :)

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    i had a false belief i thought i came here to stay.
    buy the ticket, take the ride.

10.08.00, 12.08.02, 06.16.03, 06.18.03, 06.21.03, 06.22.03, 10.02.04, 10.05.04, 07.15.06, 07.16.06
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    fanch75 wrote:
    It's time for the ramp-up to YIELD Night V.

ah, the annual tradition.

he's flyyyyiiiiinnngg ooooooooo.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    were faithfull
    we all believe
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    RockKing wrote:

I'll probably be the McGwire of PJMB HOF-dom.
  • Options
    ah, the annual tradition.

he's flyyyyiiiiinnngg ooooooooo.

FYI- YIELD Night will not be held here. Details to follow....
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    FYI- YIELD Night will not be held here. Details to follow....

"it's funny when things change so much
    it's all a state of mind"

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    Whenever I want to force myself to run another 5-10 minutes on the treadmill, I play DTE. Works like a charm every time! :)
  • Options
    Whenever I want to force myself to run another 5-10 minutes on the treadmill, I play DTE. Works like a charm every time! :)

All those rollling hills...you flatten out...yeah.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    I'll probably be the McGwire of PJMB HOF-dom.

Well, there is suspicion of you using crystal meth in order to stay up for days on end posting away. Just repeat after me: "I am not here to talk about the past."

• Options
    AraineaArainea Posts: 58
    Gosh, I'm sorry the old thread went bye-bye. I only posted there a few times, but each time the topics were either spiritual or philosophical, and it was very interesting. I'm glad to see a new one started. That's nice for those of us who, although long-term fans, haven't been posting on the message boards for very long.
  • Options
    Arainea wrote:
    spiritual or philosophical

At the end of the day, it all comes back to the overall theme.

*Be on the lookout for new quotes on the IMDB for SVT.

PBM

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    I didn't keep up with the old thread, but I will try with this one.

:D
  • Options
    Arainea wrote:
    Gosh, I'm sorry the old thread went bye-bye. I only posted there a few times, but each time the topics were either spiritual or philosophical, and it was very interesting. I'm glad to see a new one started. That's nice for those of us who, although long-term fans, haven't been posting on the message boards for very long.

Attn: mods. See above.

Thanks.