Options

Beheaded by ISIS

Comments

• Options
    badbrains said:

fuck said:

PJ_Soul said:

It is now estimated that about 25% of Middle Eastern Muslims land on the extremist side.

I'm not familiar with this study. Is this the one that was conducted by the think tank called "My Ass"?
    If it really is 25% then u better get ready for a take over lol. That's what, 400,000,000 MILLION extreme Muslims. What army can beat that?
    An army of 1,200,000,000 moderate Muslims could beat that.

I don't know what the actual statistics are... but it seems to me that if the radicals are a dramatic minority... it wouldn't be that hard to squash them. And holy shit do they need to be squashed.

Badbrains... don't get defensive on this board. Everybody here likes you.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

I think there are probably around an equal percentage of nutty extremists within each ethnic/religious group.

That's one of the reasons why us Jews get so defensive - cuz there's so damn few of us.

Not an excuse for hurting people though.

Picketing dead soldiers' funerals and bashing gays is one thing... cutting people's heads off and skewering them on poles is quite another.

Let's not make the mistake of minimizing how extreme this group of brainwashed nutjobs are.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Kat, yes please do.
    Badbrains...still blown away by your post about the radical muslims that took some balls, you will never read any post from me questioning your personal faith again
    now excuse me while I have some humble pie. LOL !

Godfather.

Ala mode? Count me in.
  • Options

badbrains said:

fuck said:

PJ_Soul said:

It is now estimated that about 25% of Middle Eastern Muslims land on the extremist side.

I'm not familiar with this study. Is this the one that was conducted by the think tank called "My Ass"?
    If it really is 25% then u better get ready for a take over lol. That's what, 400,000,000 MILLION extreme Muslims. What army can beat that?
    An army of 1,200,000,000 moderate Muslims could beat that.

I don't know what the actual statistics are... but it seems to me that if the radicals are a dramatic minority... it wouldn't be that hard to squash them. And holy shit do they need to be squashed.

Badbrains... don't get defensive on this board. Everybody here likes you.
    You're right buddy, sometimes my smartass gene takes over and I have to learn to control it. Thanks for the heads up. Don't want to offend or have anyone angry at me. Worlds full of hate, don't want to add to it.
  • Options
    Good stuff in this thread today guys.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    fuck said:

The Middle East is a much more complicated place than you seem to want to give it credit for.

Believe it or not, fuck, that's the point I've been trying to make to you for a few weeks now.

Post edited by dancinacrossthewater on
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941

fuck said:

The Middle East is a much more complicated place than you seem to want to give it credit for.

Believe it or not, fuck, that's the point I've been trying to make to you for a few weeks now.

To be fair, I'm quite sure I've seen fuck say that a number of times on here (regarding the complexities of the Middle East).
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    how about we have one big ass thread, sticky it at the top of the train, where all of us can post the most ridiculous headlines/thread titles, and just call it "HYPERBOLE"??
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    i would link to the video of the cops shooting that dude in my city and call it "black dude shot by white assholes".
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    I'm trying to be fair, and most of the posts I've seen in this thread have been among the best I've seen on the board in a while. People seem to be trying hard to understand each other and not assuming the worst about those with different opinions about very complicated issues. That's typically not been my experience of fuck on this board.

• Options
    Its difficult for me to understand how someone can say in one breath that the Middle East is a complex place and in the next breath repeat again and again that Israel = evil and Hamas = good. Simple equations don't work in complex places.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941

I'm trying to be fair, and most of the posts I've seen in this thread have been among the best I've seen on the board in a while. People seem to be trying hard to understand each other and not assuming the worst about those with different opinions about very complicated issues. That's typically not been my experience of fuck on this board.

I'll retract my statement then. I've personally found fuck to be fair, but I'm happy to move on from that topic: these threads should be about the global issues at hand, rather than the people posting the information. This one has been particularly great for that so far.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

I'll retract my statement then. I've personally found fuck to be fair, but I'm happy to move on from that topic: these threads should be about the global issues at hand, rather than the people posting the information. This one has been particularly great for that so far.
    Amen to that
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

how about we have one big ass thread, sticky it at the top of the train, where all of us can post the most ridiculous headlines/thread titles, and just call it "HYPERBOLE"??

I think I have an unfair advantage =)) ...don't make me bust out the FOX NEWS celeb section. :))

Godfather.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Do these reporters and photo journalist who go to these places know what their getting into? Yes they do. They choose to go. My sympathy for the families of these reporters but these reporters know what their getting into, they know the risk and they take on that risk ... probably for the one great story or picture they hope will bring them fame.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

I think there are probably around an equal percentage of nutty extremists within each ethnic/religious group.

That's one of the reasons why us Jews get so defensive - cuz there's so damn few of us.

Not an excuse for hurting people though.

Picketing dead soldiers' funerals and bashing gays is one thing... cutting people's heads off and skewering them on poles is quite another.

Let's not make the mistake of minimizing how extreme this group of brainwashed nutjobs are.
    When I heard this on the News Nutjobs is one of the words that came to mind...absolutely Sick that Humans can still do this to one another.

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited August 2014
    hedonist said:

BB, though it's appreciated, you have no need to apologize for the actions of those who are a 180 from you.

You beat me to the punch here Hedonist .BB You didn't have any part of this ,why you apologizing ?Fuck em.
    Thats like when someone walks into you and you apologize for their mistake? These cats are vile,and if they wanted to get the/our war pigs fired up,they succeeded.Watch this notch up by the day.The politicians finally got a issue they can both get behind and support.Im already hearing guys like Chambless pushing hard and talking the talk.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    PJ_Soul said:

badbrains said:

No surprise here that you're the first to come and post this. 1.6 billion Muslims with 99.999999999999% who are PEACEFUL, but let's forget that and talk about a group that our military can wipe out in 3 mins. So what's the issue? Why not take them out? Why keep them around? Oh ya, we need a bad guy to keep the war machine going. Where's your crying GF on gaza? Why aren't you up and arms, screaming about all the dead INNOCENT children on the streets of Gaza. Shit, 3 were murdered just last night. Why no rage from you? Oh, that's right, cuz they're Muslim so it's OK to kill them. Pages and pages of slaughters happening against innocent civilians in gaza and GF posts something about Muslims beheading a journalist. Did you hear his voice,
    Sounds British to me. Mite want to attack England next for sending these guys over there.

I agree with your basic premise here. But 99.99999999999%? Not even close. More like 75%. It is now estimated that about 25% of Middle Eastern Muslims land on the extremist side.
    One thing I do think is that, while the majority of Muslims are peaceful, the majority is also very nonactive in countering the radical ones. The Muslim world should be doing a LOT more to quell radicalism. As it is, they do almost nothing. I don't understand why they don't. These radical Muslims hurt them all, yet there is close to no action against it within their own communities.
    PJ,I can't confirm numbers but I heard the report mentioned a few times.I thought it was more gauging anti western sentiment than if you agree with the extremist actions.But it did mention how recruitment was really way up among younger generation.to terror orginazations.
    I do agree with you and I've talked about it in other threads here that I was concerned that there wasn't enough outrage(at least visible and public) by the moderate Muslim populations and governments.
    We need to hear from more of the BBs out there.Calling for stop to the jack knobs who are hijacking there faith and painting it dark.
    In numbers the Muslim world could move mountains if they all were on the same page.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    And people expect God to love them unconditionally with repeated acts like this? Some people cannot reason properly, lets not have prison or death penalty either lol
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    lukin2006 said:

Do these reporters and photo journalist who go to these places know what their getting into? Yes they do. They choose to go. My sympathy for the families of these reporters but these reporters know what their getting into, they know the risk and they take on that risk ... probably for the one great story or picture they hope will bring them fame.

So if no media or journalists goes to troubled areas...is this a step in the right direction? Who will have most to lose on that? yes, they risk their lives for the world to know and should get credit for it.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    edited August 2014
    Post edited by The Waiting Trophy Man on
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

or.......never mind, but why don't you tell us all about the koran and how it's interpited by the peaceful muslims because to be honest with you I havn't heard too much that sounds good.
    and what is an infidel by your standards vs. the "radical muslims" beliefs ? really I'd like to know what is the differance between the 99.99999999 % peaceful muslims(your speak of) beliefs and Radicals beliefs. really tho'...if 99.99999% of muslims are peaceful then where did all these terrorist come from ? and what kind of peace and love does it take to remove a mans head with a K-bar or hijack airplanes and fly them into buildings...and if these radical muslims did by some weird chance turn the U.S into a muslim nation would you follow them at that point ..or would you be a real American and fight...somehow I doubt you would but please feel free to prove me wrong.

What a peculiar, cartoonish World you inhabit.

Substitute 'Muslim' for 'Communist'.

General Jack D. Ripper: I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
  • Options
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    rr165892 said:

PJ_Soul said:

badbrains said:

No surprise here that you're the first to come and post this. 1.6 billion Muslims with 99.999999999999% who are PEACEFUL, but let's forget that and talk about a group that our military can wipe out in 3 mins. So what's the issue? Why not take them out? Why keep them around? Oh ya, we need a bad guy to keep the war machine going. Where's your crying GF on gaza? Why aren't you up and arms, screaming about all the dead INNOCENT children on the streets of Gaza. Shit, 3 were murdered just last night. Why no rage from you? Oh, that's right, cuz they're Muslim so it's OK to kill them. Pages and pages of slaughters happening against innocent civilians in gaza and GF posts something about Muslims beheading a journalist. Did you hear his voice,
    Sounds British to me. Mite want to attack England next for sending these guys over there.

The Muslim world should be doing a LOT more to quell radicalism. As it is, they do almost nothing. I don't understand why they don't. These radical Muslims hurt them all, yet there is close to no action against it within their own communities.
    I do agree with you and I've talked about it in other threads here that I was concerned that there wasn't enough outrage(at least visible and public) by the moderate Muslim populations and governments.

In numbers the Muslim world could move mountains if they all were on the same page.
    That last sentence, very interesting,

It's true, all the 'Moderate Muslims' united, indeed could move mountains...Just like many other large (in number) groups could do...A United Africa, that would be something. Imagine all the 'African Nations' united, It would surely yield great results for the people of 'Africa'.

Sounds good right? Sure...But these things would be devastating to the established Power Structure, and this Power Structure is largely responsible for keeping other nations and people down, separate and 'fighting'.

Any powerful group is a potential threat to us (the USA), and a group is even more of a threat when that group does not fully adhere to the way things are, or our interpretation or feelings towards the way things 'should' be.

We want 'peace' in Iraq, but what kind of 'peace' is that? A peace that continues to uphold our predominant influence, no doubt.

Protecting our interests...And as it's been said many times before, what about our silence? and our lack of Outrage at the systems in place causing so much death and violence, strife. 'we' support these things, The people 'we' vote for, upholding this, no wonder is it said that 'history is cyclical', it's because we don't seem to learn from our mistakes and we continue to let greed influence us, greed deludes us, makes us want more and more power, power is had by gaining control, Control by whatever means, regardless of the consequences. (and the consequences? The results?...The breeding of more of the same, hate, violence, death, bloodshed)

Every 'thinking' person should be Outraged at the State of Affairs, at what's going on, it's all connected,

After ISIS, then what? What really has changed? They will be replaced, and that next group we'll also have to destroy, cause, you know, they will be even more 'evil' than ISIS. It goes on and on.

We paved the path for ISIS, then are sickened and shocked when our chickens come home to roost - , when we see the consequences of our actions play out in such horrific fashion, sure then we wake up a little, only to go back to sleep and continue building the same path that led/leads to the same old place, more bloodshed.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    edited August 2014
    "Every 'thinking' person should be Outraged at the State of Affairs, at what's going on, it's all connected,"

You've got that right, Idris. But with so many people on everything from the global scale (world leaders, corporations, military groups) and on down to the micro scale (on-line discussion groups like AMT) being so focused on having their "team" win, putting their dogma on top, being so totally focused on having their doctrine or ideology and passing fancy be number one, the chances that anything will ever really change seems very slim. Too often the outrage is mostly about not having everyone agree we are right or the winner or on top of the heap.

You wonder, "After ISIS, then what? What really has changed?" Good question, one that can be taken out the the edge on turned in to the more finite. Maybe we start here. Frankly, I'm not very encouraged about that either though. Sometimes there are good efforts here to teach and be taught, listen and be listened too. But all too often (and who amongst us hasn't been at least a little guilty of this?) it comes down to barbs and wise cracks and put downs. See what kind of response this post gets and you might get an indication of what I'm talking about. Or maybe I'll be surprised and have to recant that statement. That would be very fine with me.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Idris said:

rr165892 said:

PJ_Soul said:

badbrains said:

The Muslim world should be doing a LOT more to quell radicalism. As it is, they do almost nothing. I don't understand why they don't. These radical Muslims hurt them all, yet there is close to no action against it within their own communities.

It's true, all the 'Moderate Muslims' united, indeed could move mountains...Just like many other large (in number) groups could do...A United Africa, that would be something. Imagine all the 'African Nations' united, It would surely yield great results for the people of 'Africa'.

Sounds good right? Sure...But these things would be devastating to the established Power Structure, and this Power Structure is largely responsible for keeping other nations and people down, separate and 'fighting'.

Any powerful group is a potential threat to us (the USA), and a group is even more of a threat when that group does not fully adhere to the way things are, or our interpretation or feelings towards the way things 'should' be.

We want 'peace' in Iraq, but what kind of 'peace' is that? A peace that continues to uphold our predominant influence, no doubt.

Protecting our interests...And as it's been said many times before, what about our silence? and our lack of Outrage at the systems in place causing so much death and violence, strife. 'we' support these things, The people 'we' vote for, upholding this, no wonder is it said that 'history is cyclical', it's because we don't seem to learn from our mistakes and we continue to let greed influence us, greed deludes us, makes us want more and more power, power is had by gaining control, Control by whatever means, regardless of the consequences. (and the consequences? The results?...The breeding of more of the same, hate, violence, death, bloodshed)

Every 'thinking' person should be Outraged at the State of Affairs, at what's going on, it's all connected,

After ISIS, then what? What really has changed? They will be replaced, and that next group we'll also have to destroy, cause, you know, they will be even more 'evil' than ISIS. It goes on and on.

We paved the path for ISIS, then are sickened and shocked when our chickens come home to roost - , when we see the consequences of our actions play out in such horrific fashion, sure then we wake up a little, only to go back to sleep and continue building the same path that led/leads to the same old place, more bloodshed.
    What do you think we should do? We can't give up fighting against terrorists, they will not stop and they are a threat to the whole world.

• Options
    Annafalk said:

Idris said:

rr165892 said:

PJ_Soul said:

badbrains said:

What do you think we should do? We can't give up fighting against terrorists, they will not stop and they are a threat to the whole world.

Not for nothing, but a lot of the so called terrorists find themselves fighting terrorists. Know what I mean?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Byrnzie said:

or.......never mind, but why don't you tell us all about the koran and how it's interpited by the peaceful muslims because to be honest with you I havn't heard too much that sounds good.
    and what is an infidel by your standards vs. the "radical muslims" beliefs ? really I'd like to know what is the differance between the 99.99999999 % peaceful muslims(your speak of) beliefs and Radicals beliefs. really tho'...if 99.99999% of muslims are peaceful then where did all these terrorist come from ? and what kind of peace and love does it take to remove a mans head with a K-bar or hijack airplanes and fly them into buildings...and if these radical muslims did by some weird chance turn the U.S into a muslim nation would you follow them at that point ..or would you be a real American and fight...somehow I doubt you would but please feel free to prove me wrong.

What a peculiar, cartoonish World you inhabit.

Substitute 'Muslim' for 'Communist'.

General Jack D. Ripper: I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

good evening / morning Byrnzie, getting bord ?

Godfather.

• Options