edited March 2017
    Wobbie said:

deadendp said:

I can't look at whatever you posted.

he's a dumbass ohio boy!
    Aren't you from Ohio, Wob? :pensive:
    ELITIST FUK
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    ^^ All hail OU says yes. I can't recall that Rob actually grew up here, but he chose to be educated here.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    born in NYC; raised on the plains of ohio.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    Having a basal cell carcinoma removed, no big deal right?  Riiiiiiiight!  (And I haven't even taken the bandage off the one on the other side at the sideburns yet but I think it's smaller... I hope!)

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Motherfucker indeed!  I hope that it's out and gone and that the pain isn't too bad - or if it is, you have something to ease it some.
    hedonist said:
    Motherfucker indeed!  I hope that it's out and gone and that the pain isn't too bad - or if it is, you have something to ease it some.
    Thanks, Hedo.  Yeah, def hurts a good bit.  Just taking ibuprofen for now.   I'm thinking maybe "pirate" this year for Halloween.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    hope your feeling better brian

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS said:
    hope your feeling better brian
    Thank you!  :smile:

one of my favorite dudes brought back my favorite thread!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Wobbie said:
    You see there, Brian. In a way, it's a good thing that you got basal call carcinoma. If you hadn't, Rob would have been robbed of the warm fuzzy feeling he got when you resurrected his favorite thread. 

Glass half-full, amirite?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Wobbie said:
    You got it, my friend!

dankind said:
    Wobbie said:
    You see there, Brian. In a way, it's a good thing that you got basal call carcinoma. If you hadn't, Rob would have been robbed of the warm fuzzy feeling he got when you resurrected his favorite thread. 

Glass half-full, amirite?
    Always happy to help out around here!  :lol:

^^^Whattaguy!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Hey friends, I've got a question for you all.  Looking for an honest answer here- I'm not going to be offended by any honest answer!  A couple of friends who are a bit older than me think my little surgery (see picture above) is no big deal.  They've had carcinomas removed already so I guess to them it's no big deal.  To me it's kind of a big deal.  I guess I'm just not that into having my face cut into.  So tell me straight, am I being too damn sensitive about this?  Should I not care if friends basically say, "No big deal" or "What's the big deal"?   Yea or nay, I'll say thank you either way!

To go through that?  No way with over-sensitivity.  People have different past medical experiences, fears, non-fears, levels of dealing with it.

I'd be freaking out some myself (have, actually - surgery on my cheek several years ago, fairly minor comparatively speaking - but damned if I didn't start crying as I was wheeled into the OR.

There are times to kick yourself in the ass, times to go easy on yourself, and the many times in between.

Just go easy on yourself.  
    Or...you know, suck it up =)
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Having your face, or any body part for that matter, cut into?! Yeah... No bueno. I know I wouldn't enjoy that. Feel better soon!!
    Thank you Hedo and haunting.  That's kind of how I see it.  The two people who kind of poo poo'd the issue are not close friends.  A close friend would either say something nice or say something tongue in cheek and funny like "Stop wussing out, scar face!"  :lol:

A dear friend of mine had a tumor cut out of the top of his head. I sent him this as a get-well present. 

I'm sure that he still has it in the packaging because because he's a dork like that. 

I also got him a nice hat. He wears that at least. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    brianlux said:
    Hey friends, I've got a question for you all.  Looking for an honest answer here- I'm not going to be offended by any honest answer!  A couple of friends who are a bit older than me think my little surgery (see picture above) is no big deal.  They've had carcinomas removed already so I guess to them it's no big deal.  To me it's kind of a big deal.  I guess I'm just not that into having my face cut into.  So tell me straight, am I being too damn sensitive about this?  Should I not care if friends basically say, "No big deal" or "What's the big deal"?   Yea or nay, I'll say thank you either way!
    Everyone's dealing with their own shit and some like to down play other people's problems. It's a weird thing people do to each other. To me it's a big deal. I don't even like when people touch my face, let alone cut into it. Even "minor" surgery is a big deal. Shit, a couple hundred years ago they might have tried having leeches gnaw that bastard off. You should have nut punched whoever said that and then said "I've been hit in the nuts much harder than that, no big deal right?"

You could always get a tattoo to cover it up! I'm thinking a badass caterpillar wearing a beret and wielding a machete!

brianlux said:
    Everyone's dealing with their own shit and some like to down play other people's problems. It's a weird thing people do to each other. To me it's a big deal. I don't even like when people touch my face, let alone cut into it. Even "minor" surgery is a big deal. Shit, a couple hundred years ago they might have tried having leeches gnaw that bastard off. You should have nut punched whoever said that and then said "I've been hit in the nuts much harder than that, no big deal right?"

You could always get a tattoo to cover it up! I'm thinking a badass caterpillar wearing a beret and wielding a machete!

LOL!  One was a guy, one a woman.  Not sure ovary punching would work, lol. 

If they had poked fun in a friendly way (like Dan giving your friend a "chop top" doll, funny as hell, I love it!) but no, these "friends" obviously have no skill at showing empathy. 

One is a woman whose house flooded last year.  Later on I thought, "What if I told you having your house flood is no big deal.  At least you didn't have to sit on the roof for days like some of the people in hurricane katrina."  Like that would make having her house flooding less of a big deal.  I guess I know who my true friends are, and who are not!

As far as having a scar goes, that's OK.  Like grey hairs, it just means I've been around the block a few times.  Plus it follows the aging crease in my face so no big deal really.

And thank you for supportive words, WYTM!

dankind said:
    A dear friend of mine had a tumor cut out of the top of his head. I sent him this as a get-well present. 

I'm sure that he still has it in the packaging because because he's a dork like that. 

Mr. Sensitive.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    dankind said:

Mr. Sensitive.
    What!?! He loves Chop Top and his Sonny Bono wig!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,482
    A couple years old.  Does this get me a nomination into the motherf**ker Hall of Fame?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    edited July 2017
    ^ Damn!! You might get my vote.
    Malroth said:
    A couple years old.  Does this get me a nomination into the motherf**ker Hall of Fame?
    Sheeeeit!  Heck yeah!  How'd that happen?

Malroth said:

the OP says....oh, hell yes!...,first ballot HOFer!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,482
    The doctor didn't know what it was. Infection of some sort I suppose.  I wore sunglasses everywhere for eight days.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    Daughter racked herself on a metal bar on the playground 5 min before pick up today. Straight to the ER. Motherfucker. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Daughter racked herself on a metal bar on the playground 5 min before pick up today. Straight to the ER. Motherfucker. 
    Oh no! Hope she's ok.