Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• hedonist said:

Keep safe, gimme.

You too, musky.

thanks.

i hope i am able to report good news later, but i doubt it. i don't think there will be good news no matter what the decision is.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

muskydan said:

Ok, so this is what my team just got briefed on. People living near St.louis ghetto areas listen closely. Most places the rioters like to loot and steal from(liqour stores, cellphone electronics stores, and such) are all boarded up and most are closed tonight. This means if they decide to get hostile and act like animals their targets are limited. This opens up a big safety concern for that individual that finds themselves at the wrong place at the wrong time. Do not be in an area where you do NOT belong tonight. That goes for everyone who lives in a big city actually.... Luckily the weather suxs in the Midwest so tonight might be a non issue, but later this week things may get ugly . Even if they do indite . Be safe and keep your head on a swivel.

thanks for the heads up. must you constantly racebait with your codewords?? but please, on behalf of my city, don't come here. we don't want you here.
    Glad I am not the only one noticing. The "locals", the " element" the "animals" the constant use of the word "ghetto"...there were others I have forgotten.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

hedonist said:

Keep safe, gimme.

You too, musky.

thanks.

i hope i am able to report good news later, but i doubt it. i don't think there will be good news no matter what the decision is.
    Thanks for the reports, given the riots and violence over a pumpkin fest I'm assuming shits going to get ugly over a murder, real ugly....fo sho!
  • Definitely be safe. I would hope that if violence does erupt, that it can be contained quickly. I wish people would realize that flipping a car or breaking into convenient stores will do nothing except shed a negative light on them and the area. It's not going to change anything. So I would beg those people (that aren't reading this) to please think before you act.
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

muskydan said:

Ok, so this is what my team just got briefed on. People living near St.louis ghetto areas listen closely. Most places the rioters like to loot and steal from(liqour stores, cellphone electronics stores, and such) are all boarded up and most are closed tonight. This means if they decide to get hostile and act like animals their targets are limited. This opens up a big safety concern for that individual that finds themselves at the wrong place at the wrong time. Do not be in an area where you do NOT belong tonight. That goes for everyone who lives in a big city actually.... Luckily the weather suxs in the Midwest so tonight might be a non issue, but later this week things may get ugly . Even if they do indite . Be safe and keep your head on a swivel.

thanks for the heads up. must you constantly racebait with your codewords?? but please, on behalf of my city, don't come here. we don't want you here.
    Trust me, the last place in the world I and everyone else I work with want to go in the next week would be St.lousey. But if your town goes to shit even someone like you might even thank a travelling first responder for saving your pathetic city. Let's hope we never meet other than a Pearl Jam show at Bush stadium.
  • protesters are calling for economic boycott of certain businesses.

there was just a scuffle outside of ferguson police department.

At least we.don't have to worry about anyone meeting at Bush stadium....where is that anyway? Crawford Texas
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Loved visiting St Louis for the first time in October. Really hoping the sun comes up tomorrow and the city is unscathed. Stay safe everyone.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

Glad I am not the only one noticing. The "locals", the " element" the "animals" the constant use of the word "ghetto"...there were others I have forgotten.
    Interesting, I didn't realize those were bad words. I think Its time to just let the people around Fergeson dictate the way the rest of the country/world will percieve them. No blog BS, politicians, revruns, communist activists...Opps I mean community activists, and media. We shall see with our own eyes soon...
  • groups of protesters blocking traffic in ferguson.

• outside of ferguson police dept reminds me of something out of the original version of Assault on Precinct 13. lots of people out there, but mainly peaceful.

• no sign of brown family on local news.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Time to get a pulse on justice as well as common sense and dignity within our current society.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Jason P said:

Time to get a pulse on justice as well as common sense and dignity within our current society.

A-fucking-men.

And once a pulse, wouldn't hurt for a firm grip to follow.
  • That prosecutor just totally renounced any eye witness testimony.
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    USA today has already had a no indictment up for over 15 minutes now.
    NYPJ
    If the autopsy shows no wounds to Brown's back you do have to question some of the eyewitness accounts.

Hard to tell where the media throng ends and the crowd begins.

• Eyewitness accounts are unreliable when backed up with the physical evidence.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Let's all be honest here, we didn't actually think they were gonna convict this murderer. Hedonist and I lived thru the riots in LA back 20+ years ago. This shits gonna hit the fan.

Rod, be safe man.
    edited November 2014
    Is sweating profusely a sign that someone is lying?
    Are the press people sweating?
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    JimmyV said:

Loved visiting St Louis for the first time in October. Really hoping the sun comes up tomorrow and the city is unscathed. Stay safe everyone.

Same here.It was great.
    edited November 2014
    Standing up in front of television lights and delivering unpopular news to an international TV audience would cause anyone to sweat. Hasn't he been talking for almost an hour? I would've needed to change my shirt three times by now.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• i am not surprised. he said that people who testified later admitted they just said what they heard on social media.

i can accept his decision. now i just hope that everyone stays safe.

badbrains said:

Let's all be honest here, we didn't actually think they were gonna convict this murderer. Hedonist and I lived thru the riots in LA back 20+ years ago. This shits gonna hit the fan.

Rod, be safe man.

I hope things don't go that way. That was a reaction that happened and spread fast, whereas this has been simmering for months...I hope that has dissipated some of the energy, the shock at such a terrible event.
    Speaking of murders.....the peace president is set to offer his 2cents at 10pm est.
  • Come on BB, all of the actual facts were given to a grand jury and there wasn't enough evidence to go to trial. The eyewitness accounts were obviously unreliable and completely biased against the officer. And the physical evidence showed Brown reached cor Wilson gun and then charged at him. Murderer? I call it self defense.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

i can accept his decision. now i just hope that everyone stays safe.

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

Interesting, I didn't realize those were bad words. I think Its time to just let the people around Fergeson dictate the way the rest of the country/world will percieve them. No blog BS, politicians, revruns, communist activists...Opps I mean community activists, and media. We shall see with our own eyes soon...
    Any word can be bad if you use it with bad intent. You really do seem to want things to go sour, I hope that is a misperception on my part based on your callous communication.
    Communist activists lol you really sound like old Rushbo you know that?
    Imagine what Jesus would think, a bunch of people running around trying to help each other and look out for each other... Such a scary thought!
    In the words of Will Ferrell... ELE!
  • local news reporting a burst of gunshots fired. not sure if i trust these guys though.